[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
ITT Elder Scrolls VI Ideas
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 96
Thread images: 12
File: DOMINION.jpg (130 KB, 900x1261) Image search: [Google]
DOMINION.jpg
130 KB, 900x1261
TES VI: Dominion

Magic
> You can now bind your main spells to specific keys, with the defaults being 3456 for right-hand and 7890 for left-hand; 1 and 2 are your bound weapons
> Spells which are the same but with different stats (effectively replacing the lower level versions) are no longer a thing, but every spell can be upgraded once or twice through leveling up and skill trees
> Conjuration has Daedric summons again, although it can be a risk due to superstitious NPCs and the chance of going rogue
> Enchanting is now split between traditional soul gems and those filled via rituals and special locations and therefore not requiring slaughter
> A new skill tree for Shadow magic, which bends space-time at the risk of misfiring and doing something terrible: manipulate time, summon alternate versions of yourself, make a pocket dimension, etc.

Races
> NPCs and factions react different based on race, moreso than previous games
> Instead of a static bonus levels for skill trees, you can now select where you level from each race's options (drop a balance between smithing, one-handed, and conditioning for your Nord, or put everything into archery for your Bosmer)
> Beyond bonus start skills and inherent racial effects, each race has unique content at varying points:
> Nord: Thu'um
> Redguard: sword singing
> Breton: druidic magic
> Imperial: joinable merchant faction (which is actually a spy network for Cyrodiil)
> High Elf: advanced privileges when a member of the Dominion
> Wood Elf: optional Green Pact and story spoiler: Wild Hunt quest/abilities
> Dark Elf: become a representative of any of the Great Houses
> Sea Elf: serpent magic
> Orc: champion of Malacath questline
> Khajiit: sub-race options at character creation (Ohmes/raht, Suthay/raht, Cathay/raht)
> Saxhleel: periodically undergo random mutation (Histskin, inherent poison which damages attackers, sex-change, etc.)
> Imga: hair growth and shaving which change NPC interactions
>>
>>341221892
This post is the definition of thinking small. It sounds like a minor overhaul mod for Skyrim.
>>
>>341221892
was this confirmed or are you just being a shut-in?
>>
>>341221892
>the root word for magic is literally just a hair growing option
Are you fucking kidding me?
>>
Elsweyr + Valenwood.

'Nuff said.
>>
It should be console exclusive, with the option for people on PC to make mods for the console players.
>>
Imagine if they didn't resolve the thalmor plot at all.

I thought it was funny how they tried to make the snow elves seem like some looming threat and none of the fans care because the thalmor are way more interesting.
>>
File: 25.png (335 KB, 421x494) Image search: [Google]
25.png
335 KB, 421x494
>>341224134
howdy stranger
>>
How about

>something that isn't shit like every other Bethesda game past Morrowind
>>
>>341224431
no anon, Falmer are the looming threat. snow elves are an endangered species.
>>
>simplified armor, fused subpieces. No more confused players wondering what a "cuirass" or "pauldron" means.
>dialogue wheel, responses now entirely emojis.
>on screen navigation paths to help players locate their objectives
>strong dyverse cast of quirky characterz
>gamebryo
>>
>>341224604
The falmer will never be seen again because people don't care about them.

Just like how no one gives a crap about the sea elves from ES Online.
>>
>>341224431
>it was funny how they tried to make the falmer seem like some looming threat
Fucking when? They where just another mob no one pay attention to.
>>
File: 1412817596539.jpg (291 KB, 1079x741) Image search: [Google]
1412817596539.jpg
291 KB, 1079x741
>>341223045
Yes, with a heavy emphasis on khajiit and their assets.
>>
>>341225742
They mention it in books and DLC. The falmer are growing in number and will attempt to reclaim the surface world.
>>
>>341225572
But both have lore importance. Falmer aren't outside of Skyrim, so they probably won't be seen again, but the Maomer have their own continent and are often found around the western coasts of Tamriel due to their maritime habits.

>>341225846
This is true. They are slowly becoming more competent and evolved, as well. Doubt we'll ever see it though.
>>
>>341222282
>Implying Bethesda has imagination
>I read somewhere that Beth announced Skyrim's remaster
>Go to see the trailer
>Trailer says "reworked art and effects"
>Everything is the same, they didn't even changed the horrible trees
>New snow shaders
>No noticeable change
I can't even.
Though the console mods are a good thing, we all had to wait 6 months for the FO4 GECK.
>>
>>341227105
>we all had to wait 6 months for the FO4 GECK.

Why was that?
>>
A lot of the non-draugr complaints against Skyrim targeted the rather dull magic system, so I think some changes there are in order (lets face it, interesting dungeons and quests are a bit of a pipedream by now).

I think a combo of making magic more "magical" (mysterious, think Morrowinds immersion), and also less dull and more tactical. Fire damage bolt has been done to death, so how about a spell that transfers the enemies boots to your inventory and gives them -15% movement speed? It could be called "steal boots" and would be great for spellswords.

In water combat, a spell like "deny water breathing" would be great against fish and argonians, forcing them to fight on equal terms with the other races.

You could have spells that make clever manouvering more import to make a DEX-type build viable. Something like "Intense Sun", where you boost the power of the sun so that whoever is figthing with the sun in front of them gets a damage penalty or reduced block chance/speed (to simulate glare). For the player, this could be actual glare on the screen to give immersion.

The player is usually alone and facing a group of people, and the way to go about that is to throw fire at them one by one, maybe mixing in some area effect, and waiting for the other guys to die. So how about "Transfer Face", which targets an npc and sends them your face? Instead of just being a spell that makes other npcs attack that one, this spell is more about sowing confusion. The NPCs have to continuously figure out which of your face is trying to kill them, and which is on their side. It gives you some more breathing space without being an OP spell that essentially removes/damages one selected NPC.

Arrows and fireballs really have the same function, so maybe something to give you a tactical but situational edge towards archers? Something like "Super Wind", which makes a strong wind come in from a random direction, boosting arrow speed (and thus damage)? It could hit anyone, including you.
>>
File: 1451427418420.jpg (210 KB, 460x620) Image search: [Google]
1451427418420.jpg
210 KB, 460x620
>>341228000
> In water combat, a spell like "deny water breathing" would be great against fish and argonians, forcing them to fight on equal terms with the other races
> equal terms
Nigger the fish is just going to die it can't breathe

> "Super Wind"
Jesus Christ
>>
>>341228000
I still want straightforward damage spells to be there, for people like me who just like to shoot lightning bolts.
>>
>>341221892
I just want 4 player co op. No online bullshit, just up to 4 player co op with my buddies.
>>
I like the idea of there not being set spells, just spell types that grow more effective, wider in range and utility as you level up, but Bethesda would probably just make it so that you can break it like the alchemy system again.

Oh, wait, they did that in Oblivion too.

Why the hell does it matter if you can break it anyway, this is a single player game.
>>
It will be done in VR and maybe will be released in 2019 if we are lucky
>>
>>341229160
>Why the hell does it matter if you can break it anyway, this is a single player game.
Because people usually like there to be some kind of challenge? Why the hell do you think Dark Souls is so popular?
>>
>>341229338
Exploits are fun in themselves, anyone who wants a challenge just wouldn't use the exploit unless they're autistic.
>>
>he thinks literally any of this will be in the game

A Yes
B No
X Sarcastic
Y HATE ELVES!
>>
>>341221892
I like some of these ideas but the Nord and Redguard ones are too ridiculous to even consider
>>
>let the player controll there companions
>unique steeds like hippogriffs and Undines
>a photographers guild that let's you use newly invented cameras to photograph wild life and the terrain.Bonus points for getting diffrent monsters to fight or getting pics of special events.
>let the player buy shops or invest to the the point he can get money back
>multiple daedric quest for each prince(5 quest *16 prince=80 daedric quest)
>let the player build an airship for fast travel
>Diffrent bandit factions with diffrent skill sets(for example a witch coven that uses skill drains or a clan of necromancers that fight along side undead)
>>
>>341229646
Or, the Pete Hines option: Just stab them with your sword while they're talking! Dialogue is so lame. Who wants dialogue in an RPG? When can I get back to stabbing things?!
>>
>>341221892
>> You can now bind your main spells to specific keys, with the defaults being 3456 for right-hand and 7890 for left-hand; 1 and 2 are your bound weapons
nigger that has been in the game since at LEAST morrowind did you really never know this
>>
>>341221892
>Breton: druidic magic
I don't think there's anything to indicate Bretons are inclined toward druidic stuff. On the contrary, they're very into stuff like civilization and politics. I think you might have gotten this idea from the Forsworn, but they're the exception, not the rule.
>>
>>341222521
>ITT Elder Scrolls VI Ideas
>ideas
>>
>>341221892
Nobody cares about what your shitty middle schooler fantasies.
>>
>>341221892
>Instead of a static bonus levels for skill trees, you can now select where you level from each race's options (drop a balance between smithing, one-handed, and conditioning for your Nord, or put everything into archery for your Bosmer)
I'm having trouble understanding exactly what this means.
>>
>>341229836

unique steeds ay? that sounds like a good idea but im a bit of a silly boy
>>
>no Akavir mentioned
>player character is one of the races from tamriel sentenced to Akavir alone without turning back
>>
>>341230215
I want this simply so we can find the Neravarine
>>
>>341221892
>ITT Elder Scrolls VI Ideas

sell the franchise to another studio
>>
>>341230174
Instead of Nords starting with fixed 6 smithing, 3 one-handed and 1 block levels, it would let you divide those 10 points as you want among those three

At least that's what I think he means.
>>
This is more along the lines of a mod idea, but alchemy is usually of the boost stat/damage type/resistance type, whereas effect-potions like water breathing is far more interesting. I have a few ideas to outline the notion (these could easily work for spells as well):

"Conch ears", making use of 3D-sound. Essentially it makes you hear the sound of the ocean directionally, and if you follow the sound it gets louder until you're there. It would be great for finding undiscovered lakes and oceans.

"Moth Mind", a poison which makes the enemy act like a moth. They tend towards the nearest light source (the sun if no other is present), but they also move erratically and unpredictably to make them more dangerous if confronted/approached. This goes for other NPCs aswell. Essentially, it makes them more of an enviromental danger - stay away and don't mess with the moth. Enemies could walk of cliffs as well if that's where the sun is.

Maybe some grenade type potions could work, they certainly did in The Witcher. Area-damage spells don't usually do DoT, so I was thinking a "Summon Animal" type potion. You throw it somewhere, and all nearby animals try to congregate on that spot. It would be usefull as an outdoors area-denial tool - the enemy can't go through a certain area because you just threw a bear into the mix.

On that note, a stationary "gurglepotion" would work for sneak characters. You put the potion down somewhere and remove the lid, and it gurgles out the throes of a dying man. The enemy go to check, and you can kill them/sneak by.
>>
Isn't swordsinging some dumb anime bullshit
>>
>>341230482
I suppose that could be interesting.
>>
>>341231098
Kind of, yeah.
>>
>>341231098
Yeah but it's black people doing it so it's not much different from DBZ in the real world

>>341230482
>>341231146
I could have worded it better but yes
>>
File: what.jpg (18 KB, 247x276) Image search: [Google]
what.jpg
18 KB, 247x276
>>341228000
>Something like "Super Wind", which makes a strong wind come in from a random direction
>"Super Wind"
>>
>>341231098
They swing their swords so hard they split reality basically. iirc they used it to end a kalpa or something
>>
It will be shit beyond shit and it will still run on gamebryo.

Everything this company has done in the past 10 fucking years points to a disappointment. You are an idiot to think otherwise
>>
File: pictobox.jpg (55 KB, 374x320) Image search: [Google]
pictobox.jpg
55 KB, 374x320
>>341229836
>a photographers guild that let's you use newly invented cameras to photograph wild life and the terrain.Bonus points for getting diffrent monsters to fight or getting pics of special events.
Because people love photography
>>
I just want skyrim 2 idgaf what they do senpai
>>
>>341229836
>a photographers guild
>newly invented photography
This isn't discworld, faggit. Fuck off.
>>
>>341229836
>hippogriffs and Undines
bitch this isn't lotr
>>
ROBES
OVER ARMOR AND GREAVES
OVER SHIRTS AND PANTS

AND THE FUCKING STATS
>>
>The Aldmeri Dominion and the remnants of the Empire are at war
>Cyrodiil and Skyrim have fallen
>You're a stowaway from Tamriel escaping the war who got washed ashore along with other refugees in an alien land
>You eventually encounter an honorable, disciplined but warlike human race
>They claim to be the progenitors of the Empire that you knew and allowed them to flourish because the Elder Scrolls foretold it to be so
>The "petty squabbles" between the Thalmor and the Empire are also part of the prophecy and it is their divine destiny to eventually take over Tamriel

Also comes with settlement building for refugees as the masters of the land are benevolent enough.
>>
>>341228000
nigger how about just a magic system where I can rip thunderbolts out of thin air and toss them like fucking Gwyn and how about some fucking scaling so I can actually use them

Like god damn I just want my spells to have weight and power, I want my fireballs to crater the earth and my lightning to split trees and burn forests down I want to displace earth and send enemies panicking

like shit
>>
>>341233160
>The Aldmeri Dominion and the remnants of the Empire are at war
>Cyrodiil and Skyrim have fallen
I think the post-apocalyptic stuff should stay in Fallout.
>>
>>341233329
losing (or even suffering) a war isn't fucking post-apocalyptic you nimrod

skyrim is already post-apoc by that goddamn standard
>>
>>341233448
The Empire being essentially dead would be pretty close to post-apocalyptic. I'd just prefer something a bit less grimdark and cynical and a bit more idealistic and heroic.
>>
>>341230292
Meh he/she is probably dead by now if the game take place after Skyrim
Would be cool to find clues about him, a stranded ship, entry of a journals he wrote about his exploration on the island, maybe dialogue from certain character
It could be a nice treasure hunt to search for his body and loot from Morrowind he could have bring with him
>>
>>341233615
this is literally exactly what happens between oblivion and skyrim

the Mede Empire has very little to do with the Septim Empire

What, do you think Star Wars is grimdark because the Republic falls?
>>
>>341231569 and the other guy: I just made them up as I went along, the names weren't really in focus. It could easily have cool names like "Terrorgale", Suspicious Breeze" or "Air of Confusion" or whatever instead. I did make up some more though:

"Imply Guilt", giving the target shifty eyes and suspicious nervousness. The guards will ignore you for a while, focusing on the other guy instad. There's also a % the other guy goes to jail and you'll never be investigated.

"Magnetize shield". The enemies weapon sticks to his shield. While the shield itself is more dangerous, he will have to use his shield skill to attack you (with a penalty as a weapon stuck to a shield is less dangerous). This can however backfire if you face an enemy who is a legendary shield user but a poor swordsman. If they keep pulling out backup weapons, these will also stick and increase the damage of the shield, but if the total weight is too high they will drop it. This means the spell is good for enemies who have either one or a lot of weapons, while mid-tier weapon carriers become more dangerous. You'll have to be selective in who you magnetize.

"Pen is migthier". If you're doing a merchant/pacifist-ish type run, or simply want to give a friendly bookkeeper or whatever a chance to survive a bandit attack, this imbues the target with the power to fight effectively with household items, like pens and brooms for weapons, buckets for shields and so on. It wouldn't be overly powerful like the name implies, but useful in a pinch.

"Confusing Forest" for sneak characters. If you can hide temporarily, the enemy will lose his sense of direction (in woodland) and start wandering off in a random direction for a while. This way, you can draw powerfull enemies off and then attack the fort or whatever more managable resistance.
>>
>>341221892
More like
>removed fatigue
>perk tree reduced to a warrior, mage and thief branch
>fallout 4 dialogue system
>somehow """cities""" manage to be even smaller
>only three spells - fire, ice, lightning attack
>quest marker removed - you are simply teleported to where you have to go, red arrows show up on screen to guide you further
>>
>>341231557
>>341231681
>>341231253

Oh thats pretty cool
>>
>>341228000
>>341231052
>>341234032
I think these things might be a bit too gimmicky and situational to work well in a real-time combat system.
>>
>>341233646
considering he can't catch diseases or die from age the only way he could go is by combat, and as far as combat goes he's killed at least one god
>>
>>341221892
What will actually happen:
>game is dx11 only when every other game is dx12
>it becomes more emphasis on shooting aka magic because mers like magics
>most rpg elements removed, you just pick up a staff and mod the crap out of it
>story is even more linear than Skyrim, your only goal is to kill the big bad Thalmor
>>
>>341230215
>akavir
>imperials/thalmor are dumping criminals in akavir to colonize it like australia
>you're one of the criminals but shit happens and you're free now
>since akavir is full of shit they have an excuse to not have any towns
>you have to make your own settlements just like in fallout 4
10/10 goty fleetwood mac
>>
>>341235196
But Akavir is an entire continent full of evil snake and tiger people.
>>
>>341235289
and they all want to kill you
just like Fallout 4!
>>
File: PURE_FUCKING_SMUG.png (221 KB, 313x389) Image search: [Google]
PURE_FUCKING_SMUG.png
221 KB, 313x389
>>341221892
A few problems with this but I like where its going
>Keep traditional racial effect, i,e. Argonian watervreathing and Khajiit nightvision in addition to your ideas, but replace thu'um, wild hunt, sword singing, and limit the khajoit subraces to suthay, suthayraht, ohmes, ohmesraht, cathay, and cathayraht. Like the idea of argonian hist transformations
>remove any delusion of sea elves and imgas, these would never be playable
>i like the idea you had for choosing your own stats, but limit it by race. A breton can alot points into magic skills, speech, and enchanting, but not heavy armor and two handed and the like. Having a game too open like this is what made Skyrim so casual
>shadow magic is a dumb fucking idea, bringing mysticism back would be a better idea
As for some added suggestions
>reintroduction of hand to hand
>overhauled archery and stealth to fix the TES cliche of stealth archery being the most overpowered thing in existence
>Actual racism and sexism implemented to make the world more organic. Khajiit and Argonians are shown as more friendly with eachother due to the slavery built bonds they shared, and dark elves are hated by these two races to extreme measures
As for a setting
>High Rock is probably the safest bet
>Follows to fall of the empire after the skyrim civil war, Skyrim, Hammerfell, Orsinium, High Rock, Morrowind and Black Marsh have all suceded from the empire and the remaining provinces are ruled by the thalmor
>you play a role in deciding whether or not hammerfell falls, it will act as a deciding factor in the subsequent capture of highrock and skyrim
>Argonians and Dark elves are too much of a threat to be taken as easily
>DLC brings you to the southern part of morrowind/north black marsh where its habitable in order to enlist the help of the two races as well as a momentary alliance between the two
>basically an excuse to see a bonemkld dark elf onslaught alongside an army of argonians clad in daedric armor
>>
>>341235346
i meant they live in towns and cities
>>
>>341221892
The Elder Scrolls VI: fucking anywhere they want
> Unleveled world
> Guild quests require your character to be good at what they do
> actual choice and consequence
> a decent magyc system
> either serously improve radiant quests or remove them altogether.
> your character isn't a Mary Sue
>>
>>341235414
they all function like raider caves
not interested in discussing realism in a fantasy world with dragons and elves
>>
File: 1460130726855.jpg (61 KB, 350x335) Image search: [Google]
1460130726855.jpg
61 KB, 350x335
>>341235561
> Guild quests require your character to be good at what they do
> actual choice and consequence
> a decent magic system
> either seriously improve radiant quests or remove them altogether.
> your character isn't a Mary Sue

So basically not a TES game
>>
>>341221892
I wouldn't be surprised if they just dropped the whole Thalmor thing and did something completely unrelated with them occasionally showing up to do shit all again.
>>
>>341230319
Possibly npt EA
>>
SABOTAGE THE ECONOMY
>>
File: 1310802632295.jpg (17 KB, 376x368) Image search: [Google]
1310802632295.jpg
17 KB, 376x368
>>341235858

>skyrim was my first elder scrolls game
>>
>>341235858
Basically Morrowind with decent combat
>>
>>341235858
mage guild quests were basically just fetch quests and doing an undergrad's work for her
>>
File: Elite_gamer.jpg (48 KB, 469x463) Image search: [Google]
Elite_gamer.jpg
48 KB, 469x463
>>341236068

>I never played Gothic I,II, Baldurs Gate I,II, Planescape: Torment
>I think Morrowind has good RPG elements and isn't just an action game

>341236217
>implying Morrowind had any of that
>>
>>341235374
>A breton can alot points into magic skills, speech, and enchanting, but not heavy armor and two handed and the like.

This is ridiculous.

>momentary alliance between the two
See the previous part. This is literally after thousands of years of slavery followed by a huge massacre.
>>
>>341237230

>the elder scrolls started with 3
>implying you ever played morrowind
>>
File: Morrowind_LMAO.png (27 KB, 676x181) Image search: [Google]
Morrowind_LMAO.png
27 KB, 676x181
>>341237397
>the elder scrolls started with 3

This is how Morrowind fans act.
>>
>>341237230
Stop shitposting, fedoralord
>>
>>341237596

>reading comprehension
>>
Multiple starting points and scenarios and option to NOT be the chosen one. You can join the chosen one later on and assist them, actively try to hinder their quest, or fuck off and be a blacksmith or something.

Honestly I'd really like a fantasy RPG with more interesting crafting and job systems. Something like Fantasy Life 3DS but a lot more in depth.
>>
>>341235374
> not heavy armor and two handed
Breton Knights are a pretty big deal actually. In fact every race has plenty of examples of people proficient with any of the various skills, except nord redguard mages.
>>
>>341229338

It's popular because its just challenging enough to fucking casuals without alienating them and making them feel warm and fuzzy when they beat the boss after 69 failures.
>>
>>341237397
>>341237596
>"The first two Elder scrolls were good guys!"
>>
>>341237230
None of the games you mentioned are RPG's, they are visual novels with zero gameplay
>>
>>341221892
>Bethesda

never ever.
>>
File: 1392974290597.png (254 KB, 1000x400) Image search: [Google]
1392974290597.png
254 KB, 1000x400
>>341238986
Far better than Skyrimjob.
>>
>>341221892
cool ideas bro, reality will be
>one playable race (imperial)
>voiced protag
>story about finding your wife's son
>magic streamlined to offensive and defensive
>>
>>341235196
>starting as a prisoner again
>>
It boggles my mind how you people still care about a franchise that has been getting worse with each iteration. And knowing how it's developer indulges in practices that are bad for gaming and the industry itself.

TESVI will never be set in Summerset Isles since it's said that the island is very political, and, as we know, Bethesda isn't good at writing lore nor is it good at writing dialogue. The story will play like a typical Millenial story where the High Elves are portrayed as evil white racist and so on, with horrible gameplay and voice acting trying to generate memes on the internet.
Thread replies: 96
Thread images: 12

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.