[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Resident Evil What Does the Finger do Edition
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 20
File: 1464982854133.jpg (93 KB, 576x384) Image search: [Google]
1464982854133.jpg
93 KB, 576x384
Who playing the Demo? RE7 Thread
>>
Still nothing on the psn store. Reminds me of the whole SFV patches/new character bs.
>>
Can you guys refer to this game as like Outlast 1.5 or something, thanks.
>>
>>341217085
Seems like there is a lockpick IN THE TAPE next to the sink but I don't know if you can use it in the present or only in the tape
>>
>>341217330
I'm legitimately thinking of boycotting this shit. Fuckers said it'd be available last night.
>>
OP here the tape you find a lockpick in the video you unlock the drawer and find an axe after you finish the video
>>
>>341217756
>I'm legitimately thinking of boycotting this shit.

yeah like that'll do anything
>>
>>341218004
It'll make me feel better, at least.
>>
>>341217085
Still no demo. But I'm looking at the Deluxe Edtion and for the pre-order you get

Survival Pack DLC
Dynamic Theme
Add-On Content 1: Four Short Side Stories
Add-On Content 2: One Additional Story Episode
>>
>first person

I'm out, RE is now officially dead.
>>
Is the demo up for UK PSN users?
>>
Didn't even realize it was RE 'til it showed the title. This looks more like some sort of PT Silent Hill bullshit than RE.
>>
>>341218902
You had to wait for 7 to realize that?
>>
WELCOME TO THE FAMILY SON
>>
Is it really first person?
>>
SCREENCAP THIS

RE7 is focusing on Alex Wesker, Spencer, and The Family/NeoUmbrella (introduced in RE6).

Alex, now in Natalia's body, returns to her childhood home.
>>
>>341220892
hey in the last thread you said it was the last time you say it.
>>
>>341220046
yes
>>
>>341221085
True, but I'm bored now.

Project Wesker will be a plot point, along with Alex and Spencer's relationship.

>Following Albert's betrayal, Alex Wesker was Spencer's last and most loyal servant.
>She was assigned to research the Immortality Virus for Spencer (a virus that would presumably allow Spencer to cheat death), according to Spencer's memoirs.

Alex never finished the virus, though it's possible that Spencer found someone else to develop it.
>>
>>341217846
what do you do with the axe?
>>
>>341217330
IT'S IN THE DEMO SECTION

DEMO SECTION

GO TO THE PSN STORE
GO TO GAMES
THEN DEMOS

IF AUSTRALIA HAS IT, EVERYBODY DOES.
>>
>>341221735
is Albert really dead?
>>
>>341221895
no clue
>>
>>341222326
Go upstairs to that barred door
>>
>>341222180
yes, he took 2 rockets to the head that decapitated him in a volcano.
Alex confirms he's dead in Revelations 2 as well.
>>
>>341222023
This. Its in the store in NA. Can confirm.
>>
>>341222180
I doubt it. Either he regenerated, or he's a burnt cripple.
>>
>>341222580
he ducked the rockets btw
>>
DEMO IS UP ON PS4 US

go to "free" section of playstation store, go to free demos, and then it should say "re 7 biohazard" there, then just like click on it and scroll down, you'll see the demo
>>
>>341222437
does nothing
>>
>Resident Evil has become a spooky walking simulator

I honestly would have preferred another RE 6 to this. Here's hoping this "demo" is a complete scapegoat and is nothing like the actual game.
>>
>>341221735
By finish, I really mean perfect.

Though I myself am a little confused on this particular subject, I believe it went like this:

Alex created a copy of her consciousness and put it in Natalia's brain to be activated when the t-Phobos virus was activated by fear, though it really began to affect her before she met Barry.
>>
>>341223150
Natalia Wesker, presumably with the memories of Alex, goes to Alex's parents' home.

Here, I assume she infected them with something and an outbreak occurred.
>>
>>341223495
like in 28 weeks later, where the kiss fucks everything up? or on purpose to eliminate her past?
>>
So, I've got the axe and used it on the mannequin in the phone room. It breaks, I got the puzzle sound, and then when I pick up the phone the message is different - but I still die.

The only thing that I still don't get is the finger and how to get to the ladder pit outside the video.
>>
where do i get the fuse?
>>
>>341226126

Hidden room where you find the key, but before watching the video.
>>
>>341226282
oh i see, i just got the first ending
>>
Sewer Gators is a resident evil 2 reference, right?
>>
>>341224245
On purpose.
>>
File: aaaaa.jpg (163 KB, 1024x716) Image search: [Google]
aaaaa.jpg
163 KB, 1024x716
Post yfw you notice that the manequins turned around
>>
Skipping the tape on andre's death changed up the phone call. We just found out on stream.
>>
>>341222936
try it on that locked door and the barred door downstairs, also try to kill the old man when he passes trough the corridor
>>
>>341217085
Confirm to me that the demo doen't even have combat so I can finally accept Re is dead.

At least were getting RE2 remake.
>>
Got a different phone message;

"Memories hold the truth. Don't let appearances mislead you."
>>
>>341227541
There is aim assist in the options menu and a shotgun in the trailer, which points to having combat.
>>
>>341217085
Does PewdiePie already have the game? Seems like it's the kind of game he would enjoy tons.
>>
>>341226779
Already done before in Condemned
>>
>>341227020
There's three different calls. Before picking up the tape, after picking up the tape, and after watching the tape (whether you finish it or not).

The place the furthest people are stuck at is after getting the axe and dummy finger. Nobody has any idea what to do with them, but the 3 call states were figured out hours ago.
>>
>need ps+ for the demo
fug. is it like PT and other modern horror games with no combat, or am i wrong? i'm not asking for flying jumpkicks and explosions, but something like condemned seems like it'd fit well. if it doesn't have combat does it have decent stealth mechanics like alien: isolation?
>>
>>341227541
The demo has an axe, which is used for combat. In addition, there is an option for aim assist in the pause menu and a shotgun was in a shot of the trailer. There will be combat.
>>
>>341227897
make a new account and get ps+ trial

How do i get the shotgun and the axe?
>>
>>341227749
There is a direct reference to guns and ammo within the options. Idk if that stuff is in this demo though, old man keeps smacking me down.
>>
>>341227987
Are there at least zombies or REish shit?
I know some of you niggers know what Im talking about
I just want to give this game a chance, even though I dont enjoy FPS horror that doesnt have fast combat, like DOOM.
>>
I can't believe they are actually having this be RE7.

How the fuck do you follow up on RE6's story with something like this? Did DmC scare Capcom from ever using the word reboot again? Because that's basically what it is. This actually looks cool but the fact that this is supposed to be a follow-up to a game that had you fucking doing backflips and kung fu'ing zombies on steroids feels very tone-deaf.
>>
>>341222648
>>341222023
Not this. It's not in the store in NA. Can confirm.
>>
So you're walking with your axe in an abandoned house. You hear a phone ring and you pick it up. Some voice starts talking about how they know you. You walk away and suddenly your dad welcomes you to the family!

BUT WHO WAS PHONE?!
>>
>Still no demo
I'm starting to get agitated.
>>
File: 1456829545277.png (44 KB, 318x320) Image search: [Google]
1456829545277.png
44 KB, 318x320
Finished the demo. Pretty spooky.

>WELCOME TO THE FAMILY, SON!

It's like they made an entire game around the Lisa Trevor arc and that is a very good thing.
>>
>>341230004
is this the only ending? you can't get out of the house?
>>
>>341229981
Demo is out now for US. look under free then demos.
>>
>>341230083
If you go outside you'll get welcome'd as well.
>>
File: 1397519855369.jpg (78 KB, 637x476) Image search: [Google]
1397519855369.jpg
78 KB, 637x476
>An Experience of the Captivity.

>By the rivers of Babylon,
>There we sat down and wept,
>When we remembered Zion.

>Upon the willows in the midst of it
>We hung our harps.

>For there our captors demanded of us songs,
>And our tormentors mirth, saying,
>“Sing us one of the songs of Zion.”

>How can we sing the LORD’S song
>In a foreign land?

>If I forget you, O Jerusalem,
>May my right hand forget her skill.

>May my tongue cling to the roof of my mouth
>If I do not remember you,
>If I do not exalt Jerusalem
>Above my chief joy.

>Remember, O LORD, against the sons of Edom
>The day of Jerusalem,
>Who said, “Raze it, raze it
>To its very foundation.”

>O daughter of Babylon, you devastated one,
>How blessed will be the one who repays you
>With the recompense with which you have repaid us.

>How blessed will be the one who seizes and dashes your little ones
>Against the rock.

Glad to see spoopy semi-relevant Biblical references are still going strong in horror games.
>>
>>341230382

Video Games love that pslam

I'm pretty sure New Vegas used it also
>>
I'm stuck with the axe and finger, feels like I'm running in circles...
>>
>>341230264
yeah, got that ending too. what I meant was no one has actually gotten out of the house without hillbilly family guy interrupting your shit.
>>
>>341230624
I doubt there's more to it.
In the full game you can probably use the finger on the other locked door
>>
What good streams are you guys watching? I don't have ps plus at the moment so I can't play it
>>
>resident evil is now about ghost girls

retarded
>>
>>341231417
Just watch any walkthrough in a few hours
It's just walkng through an empty house for a few minutes
Literally just VR cashgrab
>>
>>341230428
Yup, Joshua Graham in Honest Hearts said it I'm pretty sure
>>
I heard rumors about melting the key or using the axe to attack the old man? Any clarity on this?
>>
>>341231509
Resident Evil's direction of the past few years has been fucking awful.

This is probably better than just continuing a failing formula since Capcom refuses to go back to the original style.
>>
>>341231918
You still get punch even if you got an axe
>>
>>341231918
Can't interact with anything with both the key and the finger key except for the door that ends the demo
Can't reach the guy fast enough or attack him when he attacks you and you can't break open the other doors either
My guess would be that you can open the other locked door with the finger and open die barricated doors with the axe in the full game

It's still really weird for on RE game and seems more like a VR gimmick game
>>
>>341218797
I'm feeling this too...
>>
>cursing
Will this be censored in Shootclappistan?
>>
>Finger's description is "Part of a Dummy's Hand"

The mannequins don't have arms though, thoughts?
>>
>>341218004
>Boycotting a free demo
That'll show 'em.
>>
>>341233438
Is there something else in the house that could be considered a "Dummy"? Theres all those tied up dolls in the ceiling and that one baby thing after getting the chain breaker thingies.
>>
>>341233537
I just checked the baby thing, and the effigies are made of paper, the finger says "made of celluloid"
>>
@ everybody playing the demo

when playing the VHS tape, right after the dude goes missing, wait by the stairs while your buddy walks down the hallway, and don't go past the stairs - once he gets to the TV room door, slowly walk down the hallway, but keep your view aimed at about 2 o'clock (so you can see into the room under the stairs)

;)
>>
>>341217618
Use it in tape then it will be open in present
>>
So a lot of people think the finger is a key to something.

We haven't found anything to do with the axe except break a couple boxes and a mannequin but it doesn't do anything.

The only weird thing I've done other than that is normally after you take the phone call I know the dude attacks you as soon as you walk away from the phone. I made it down both flights of stairs by looking at all the mannequins as I passed them until they were out of my line of sight. Once I got to the bottom of the second flight of stairs thought I checked my inventory and as soon as I started moving I got bopped by the old man.
>>
Isn't this basically the same shit as PT?

I still don't believe the entire game will be a hiding simulator.
>>
>>341227559
You die after that call right?
>>
>>341233671
Celluloid is a flammable plastic made from something very flammable and something clear. The finger isnt a candle is it? Like that there could be a way to remove the outside layer, I know you cant put it in the Fuse Box.
>>
>>341218797
>>341231509
could be a PR stunt by Capcom. PT exploded solely because of the twist at the end. besides, they already went for supernatural once, with 3.5.

>beginning of the full game
>camera pans out
>3rd person view revealing the main character
>horror tone remains but the RE plot kicks in

what I'm saying is that this demo may not necessarily reflect the final product. sure, it's wishful thinking, but what we've seen so far is nothing like Capcom.
>>
>>341233943
There was an aim assist option or something in the menu, I'm fairly certain there will be combat. We also found an Axe in the demo.
>>
>>341234251
You can also "aim" the axe. L2 I believe basically causes you to hold it at the ready.
>>
>>341234234
I'm in that part of the tape right now, but I'm trying to find the lockpick first, I'm streaming from my ps4 @ twich /lavanio

I'm looking next to the sink but it's not there
>>
>>341233913
We were able to get the phone to ring, and upon answering the phone, it says something different
>>
>>341233943
so? it'll be a good game at the very least. same thing with PT, people kept bitching it wasn't >muh SH.

while I agree I also know there will never be another 'real' SH, so we might as well just count our stars and be glad we're not getting yet another RE-themed generic TPS.
>>
>>341234413
Yeah, apparently there are three different phone messages?
>>
>>341234383
It's on the floor back behind the sink, but only during the VHS segment.
>>
>>341234552
the sink's up against the wall though, how do I even look there
>>
>>341234457
didn't know there were three
>>
>>341234604
It's not flush against the wall. It isn't especially difficult to see assuming you're looking in the right place.

There's the sink, the space where the lockpick is, then the wall kind of sticks out I think, then it's the fridge.
>>
>>341234604
Theres space between the microwave and the fridge. Crouch and you will see it
>>
>>341234604
Also, whoever claimed about that room under the stairs, he doesn't enter the tv room until you walk to him. The room did bug out hard at first though
>>
>>341234650
Apparently the way it goes is you get one message by going straight to the phone, another message after picking up the tape, and a third message after watching the tape. I haven't confirmed it myself.
>>
So is he just talking about the mutated spider?
>>
turns out lockpick doesn't save if you skip the rest of the video, fuck I hate watching this every time people tell me to look for something different
>>
>>341234987
You don't keep the lockpick. You open the drawer and there's nothing in it, but when you go back to the present the drawer is open. I think you can skip the rest of the video after you pick the lock.
>>
Answer the phone, then very slowly back up into the corner of the room, and keep walking backwards against walls.
>>
>>341235089
What happens
>>
>>341235251
Nothing, which is why it's significant.
>>
>>341235089
But even if you get away from him, what does answering the phone even trigger? Maybe the ladder to the hole re-appears?
>>
>>341233943
>Isn't this basically the same shit as PT?
No, it's much more contrived and frustrating
>>
>>341234796
tried it, not getting a 3rd message
>>
>>341235274
So the redneck never punches you?
>>
Y'know, seeing as our buddy in the VHS was making such a fuss about the audio, I wonder if anything happens if you mess with the sound settings while in the video? Maybe they're pulling a PT again.
>>
Anyone close to the part where you find the guy in the basement? After turnign my brightness up to look around there's a room behind him. Can I skip the trigger to check his body and get back there?
>>
>>341235478
obviously what hes implying
>>
>>341235456
Well fuck me then I guess
>>
>>341235538
No, it pushes you into him.
>>
>>341234314
>>341234251
So Condemned combat? I'm fairly okay with that.
But i wouldn't also mind a 3rdperson view.
>>
>>341235456
The first message is talking about choice, the second message is talking about memories, and the third message is telling Clancy to say his goodbyes.

Something along the lines of
>You have the ability to make choices, though some of the outcomes may be unexpected
>Memories hold the truth, don't let appearances mislead you
>You're going to have to say your goodbyes eventually, but will you be ready?

>>341235478
It's a bug. He'll hit you as soon as you move away from a wall, the close space just prevents him from spawning.
>>
>>341235716
how about walking backwards?
>>
VR is not even out and it's ruining gaming
>>
Heading off for the night, but my post on a thread on a place that maybe you guys can use. Probably a repeat of a lot of information, but who knows.

I just spent five hours reading threads, streaming myself playing it and spending that time with a group of people trying to figure out what to do. At the rate we're going I don't know what we'll find or anything like that, but I'm glad we've found something. My main hope is that what we do find is actually used for something, and isn't put there to tease us on what could be in the retail release. I know that the demo is only around 3GB, but I feel like they could cram a lot more into that then what we've seen so far.
There have been a couple things to note that would lead us to believe this:
-The finger
-The axe
-I turned the brightness all the way up after the first couple of playthroughs to try and help spot things that I may have missed and didn't find anything. However, what was interesting was looking in the hole seem to have revealed a little bit of light that shone from the left side of where you find Andres' body. This is during the day time, so it makes me think there's something else.
-Where'd the ladder go?
-There's use buttons available for the items outside of when you're prompted to use them (the locks). This would lead me to believe we can actually use these at some point.
-They keep pushing the demo is an hour. If played without knowing what to do, I go through in like... 15 minutes. With knowing what to do, 2-3. I wonder if that's to lead us to think there's more. I hope there is.
>>
>beginning hour
>beginning our
>guy says welcome to the family

maybe its the beginning of the infected or something
>>
>>341235884
Does the same.
>>
>>341235764
You can make it to the first floor and then it stops triggering the scene
>>
>>341219560

Well yeah, they jumped on the cancelled Silent Hills hype for some quick buck. Are you really surprised with Capcom?
>>
>>341228923
>>341229981
It's in the store, can confirm.

Here is instructions for anons still having trouble
1.Turn on PS4
2.Open PS store
3. Search Resident Evil
4.Scroll down past "top results"
5.Click "Resident Evil biohazard Deluxe edition"
6.Click "game page"
7.Scroll down past details and download demo
>>
What triggers the damn ghost to show up?

also why ghosts
>>
>>341235985
There's totally more, this is like PT but we're within the first like 12 hours of release so we have no idea what to do
>>
>>341236901
What Ghost????
>>
Watching streamer on twitch. In the vcr got ghost to show up 3 times on tape. (Room below stairs, on stairs, and in front of ladder once he gets on ladder) still has no idea how he's triggering it
>>
>>341237003

which stream?
>>
>>341237003
Got a link pham?

This streamer frustration is palpable.
>>
>>341235985
>-Where'd the ladder go?
There's an undetermined amount of time between when they enter the property and present time, but it's at least more than a few days. The death at the end tells you that a lot of shit has happened, and the stew gives you an idea of how long it's been.

You're going to be seeing everything that's happened in between via the VHS tapes, and there's plenty of time for the ladder to have been destroyed.

>-There's use buttons available for the items outside of when you're prompted to use them (the locks). This would lead me to believe we can actually use these at some point.
Healing items, etc.

>I wonder if that's to lead us to think there's more. I hope there is.
I honestly think the axe and finger are just lazily left over from the full game, and have no use in the demo. You obviously dip the finger into something to melt it into a key, but there's absolutely nowhere to do it in the demo, and the axe is useless because there's no combat. I don't think the demo has a secret, insane puzzle like PT.

Keep in mind that if there is a way to get past the current block in the demo, it would have to be in the VHS tape. You can affect the present from the past, but not the past from the present. Pete attempting to save you is between the first VHS tape and getting welcomed to the family.

>>341237003
It's mostly just timing.
>>
The trailer looked nothing like Resident Evil at first, but I gotta say it was pretty damn good looking. I just wanna say that even if it's PT 2.0, I don't mind

Did anyone else see the "ghost sightings in Bayou" on the newspaper? I wonder if it's gonna be a RE game in smalltown America and distanced from the rest of the series, because if so, I've always wanted a game like this
>>
>>341236979
A ghost girl shows up during the video sometimes. Ontop of the stairs when andre wanders off, also seems to sometimes show up right as you get on the ladder into the hole, standing behind where you were.
>>
>>341237132
>>341237137
maximilian_dood in twitch
>>
>>341237219
With the cozy house, and whole "welcome to the family" stuff it really does see more smalltown this time.
I kinda like it too. And I know they're just cashing in on the PT hype, but I don't really see that as a bad thing. I just don't know if shooting mechanics will be shitty or not.
>>
>>341237337
I'm watching RockLeeSmile, the next biggest RE streamer. Feel like they're less nerdy and Max and the gang get a bit annoyed at eachother
>>
seriously, people, answer the phone and then keep your back to the wall and be really careful, walk backwards

was able to get all the way downstairs to the TV this way
>>
>>341237221
She shows up in the kitchen ceiling and under the stairs, too.
https://oddshot.tv/shot/KennethBR/UzqIN44iIN5PqJjNjTfb78D_
https://oddshot.tv/shot/KennethBR/UzqenTs-enRNs5jCRnp3lmw9
https://oddshot.tv/shot/KennethBR/Uzp56PeJ56NFK49wV9tDnLX5

No one made an oddshot of the ceiling one, but there's pictures out there.
>>
>>341237470
Mainly just watch him for fighting games but this is the only RE7 stream I've watched so far
>>
>>341237510
It's probably a glitch since he cant spawn behind you. That doesn't matter, we want more content. You still can't avoid the backdoor trigger, so
>>
>>341237510
I was just streaming it and as long as you don't go into another big room you don't have to keep your back to the wall once you leave the attic.

I'm convinced it's a bug though because it triggers the second the space behind you is large enough
>>
File: READ THIS.gif (218 KB, 584x720) Image search: [Google]
READ THIS.gif
218 KB, 584x720
>>341217330
>>341217756
>>341218004
do this you dumb fucks. swear people are literally useless without google giving them the answers these days:

>go to the PSN store
>search "RESIDENT"
>go down until you see "Resident Evil 7 Biohazard Deluxe Edition"
>click on it and then look for "Game Page" on the right upper corner
>click on it, go down until you see the demo

There you go
>>
cel·lu·loid
noun
a transparent flammable plastic made in sheets from camphor and nitrocellulose, formerly used for cinematographic film

Melt the finger?
>>
>>341237842
ur kinda late
>>
So in the reveal trailer during the sony conference, they answered the phone and then triggered the hillbilly walking by in the kitchen instead of the TV room. I know the whole leaving the attic after the phone is a bug probably, but can someone recreate that?
>>
So has anyone gotten any further than this chick? I think she's never figured out the deal with the finger.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UrKvzjdWyfU
>>
If they talk about an hour, has anybody tried doing nothing for an hour to see what happens?
>>
>>341238040

How do you even get into the attic? Where the fuck is the fuse?
>>
>>341237989
From what I've seen in a few streams, they all figured the same thing, but there's nothing found so far that lets you melt the finger.

>>341238205
Go into the crawlspace and look to the left.
>>
>>341238170
Well what does it do?
>>
File: b4NkE.png (75 KB, 316x208) Image search: [Google]
b4NkE.png
75 KB, 316x208
>that keyhole on the floor
>>
>>341238205
It's in the room behind the fireplace in the present, if you go in before you watch the tape
>>
>>341238296
?
>>
>>341238296
B8
Show me proof faggot
>>
>>341238280
So far, nobody has found any uses for the finger or the axe. Well, the axe can smash some boxes and mannequins, but nothing noticeable has come out of it.
>>
>>341238474
Oh I read you said she figured it out. Yeah everyone and their dog gets to the finger part
>>
>>341238296
OH FUCK
>>
What if you have to return everything to the way it was in the past?

Leave the piano open, turn the sink nozzle to the proper direction, etc, before you can trigger something? Thoughts?
>>
>>341238278
The Microwave?
>>
>>341238296
nvm i found it

thread closed
>>
What's with the headphones on the desk in the VHS? Where the three mannequins are.
>>
File: MEEKROSSL.jpg (3 MB, 5000x5000) Image search: [Google]
MEEKROSSL.jpg
3 MB, 5000x5000
>>341238884
>>341238679
>>
>>341218797
it's better than more bullshit like re6
>>
File: fuck.png (199 KB, 376x386) Image search: [Google]
fuck.png
199 KB, 376x386
>>341238296
who would've thought /v/anon would find it first.
>>
>>341238925
So those are yours from the past, they aren't there in the tape.
Maybe you have to change from headphone audio mode game options in the tape to something else? Or vice versa?
>>
>>341239050
No, it's the other way around. They're only in the past.
>>
>>341238925
>>341239050
the ghost girl has some sick beats by dre, that's what they are
>>
>>341238856
Doesn't interact with it.

>>341238925
>>341239050
I'm watching ProJared's stream, he tried messing with headphones and audio options and they didn't seem to do anything.
>>
>>341239097
Alright so vice versa, switch to headphone mode for the present. There's gotta be something else it correlates with though
>>
>>341239160
Well it could easily be a combination of things though, that's the issue. I wouldn't count them out so early
>>
>>341238925
Someone said if you wear headphones and change ps4 audio to all audio in the ps4 system settings you can hear breathing.
>>
Where is this floor keyhole
>>
>>341239304
You can but it's most likely your own characters breathe
>>
Has anybody tried talking to the game yet?
>>
>>341239367
nowhere, you're getting memed on
>>
>>341239367
Next to Mew and the golden warthog.
>>
Has anyone tried to say Jareth to their controller ?
Yknow, P.T stuff
>>
One of the three phone conversations seemed like a hint to lead you into messing around in the past/on the video, but what about the other conversations?
Anyone know what she says all three times?
>>
>>341218797
>Boo hoo hoo, it's not like the RE games I started with!

This has been the ultimate RE4 babby filter. Most original RE fans aren't bitching about this, because it's at least attempting to be scary, and we're used to be fucked by series "reimaginings". You guys basically sound like what a good portion of us sounded like back in '05.
>>
>>341239730
Something like your actions have consequences but they may not be what you expect from them
>>
>>341239730
How do you trigger the third phone conversation?
>>
People bitching about this not being RE can go to hell with the people that think that Mario should have never gone 3D
>>
>>341239849
Not having the tape
Having the tape
Viewed the tape
>>
>>341223149
>I honestly would have preferred another RE 6 to this.

Well, then let's be glad that you're not the one making decisions at Capcom.
>>
>>341237146
>I honestly think the axe and finger are just lazily left over from the full game

This is looking more and more likely.
>>
>>341240129
Capcom will wish he was when they see the sales this generates.
>>
>>341234175
>with 3.5.
Which was never released, so they didn't and it's not consistent with the brand that the players love.
>>
>>341240181
This is retarded, there is no full game yet, this is a teaser not a demo. A demo would imply that this is part of the full game.
>>
>>341240181
Do you remember how convoluted pt was though?
I'll admit I think people are jumping to conclusions thinking this is some giant puzzle but I also wouldn't count it out
>>
>>341240181
What about the missing fuse in the electrical box? That's honestly baiting something, you see it in the first few seconds of the demo. There's probably more to this, it took a few days to figure out PT, didn't it?
>>
>>341240235
You honestly think that after being panned widely by critics and fans, that another RE6 would sell well?
>>
>>341240264
I honestly know very little about PT....was it as retarded as this?
>>
>>341235898
I hope it dies like neo-3D.
>>
>>341240289
Fuse is in the crawlspace.
>>
>>341240289
You get the fuse by going straight into the secret crawl space as soon as it starts.
>>
ANYONE TRY PLUGGING IN THEIR MICS ?

YOU KNOW THIS IS P.T. 2.0
>>
>>341240289
the missing fuse is in hidden room

just open it straight from the start
>>
>>341240326
Better than generic VR Youtube bait.
>>
>>341240360
Worse, it involved talking into the mic at specific cues and waiting for seemingly random amounts of time before doing things with no indication as to why or any hints
>>
First REmake 2 and now Resident Evils. Oh right there's also that Resident Evil Umbrella MP game that seems...okish. Three RE games in different genres.
>>
>>341240445
No.

Seriously it's not.
>>
>>341240379
Maybe say one of the names you learn from the video tape?
Mary or something like that.
>>
Yeah because RE never changed it's genre once in its franchise

>it's back to horror
>RE """"elitists"""" shit on it
>>
File: 1459214571053.jpg (31 KB, 602x438) Image search: [Google]
1459214571053.jpg
31 KB, 602x438
>tfw re4 babbys got btfo
>>
I've gotten the back door and telephone endings

I'm interested in seeing what Capcom is going to do with this game, like I wonder if you're even going to get a weapon in this game or if they're going the full first person horror adventure game route.

Either way they got me caring about a Resident Evil sequel
>>
>>341217085
why the fug is it first person?
>>
>>341240369
>>341240373
>>341240415

What happens when you get it though?
>>
>>341240729
Why not?
>>
>>341239806
RE6 also "went back it's roots" and "attempted to be scary", that doesn't mean shit. Especially after Revelations 2 which brought back a lot of atmosphere, some of the horribly cheesy one-liners and campy b-movie esque setting without trying to take itself seriously, and some good environmental designs in places, it's astounding that they would forsake that and the clear sales of REmake HD, RE0 HD, and REmake 2 that people have been demanding and go with something of this nature.

>inb4 RE4 babby

Favorite game is RE2 and I been playing RE since 98 when I finally picked up the first game.
>>
>>341240729
Why was RE4 action oriented ?
>>
File: 1463261963216.png (199 KB, 794x991) Image search: [Google]
1463261963216.png
199 KB, 794x991
Anyone else see a split second human figure on the stairs when you first go into the house during the tape footage? I played it again and it didn't appear a second time.
>>
>>341240764
you can lower the staircase with the button
>>
>>341240812
Yeah but this one is actually scary
>>
>>341240859
And this does?
>>
>>341240679
You get an axe in the demo.

Nobody has found anything to do with it though.
>>
>>341240856
yeah, seems to be 4 points where she appears. Nobody's figured out what exactly the triggers are though
>>
>>341240914
Find out yourself senpai
>>
>>341240914
Just do it and find out, ffs
>>
>>341240914
How about you play the fucking game?
>>
>>341240856
The ghost? She can appear in at least 3 spots from what I've seen, although I don't know what the flags are.
>>
>>341240957
>>341240964

B-But it's 6 in the morning.. I have to sleep soon..
What does it get you the finger? Obviously it isn't that far if everyone knows about it. I think I heard something about an electrical socket?
>>
>>341240889
Oh don't get me wrong, I'm not saying it's bad. I'm just saying first-person is unwarranted. I'm not really gonna judge the entire game based on a singular demo either, since that's designed to get people hooked and into it.

Could it be a legit scary game and good, sure it could. I just wish it wasn't first-person.
>>
>>341241001
>>341240964
>>341240957
Hey idiots forgot that it's summer? Kids too pussy to play the game themselves they need everything spoonfed to them
>>
>>341218797
RE1 was supposed to be first person. Also we already have RE Gun Survivor.
>>
Why didn't they make this a spin-off or something? Why did they scrap all the characters who're basically a must for a main installment?

WHY THIS 1ST PERSON BULLSHIT? They could've made a horror based game in 3rd person too if they try.

Are they trying to get the youtube, amnesia, slender and silent hill audience with this crap?

FUCK
>>
>>341239806
>Most original RE fans aren't bitching about this, because it's at least attempting to be scary

RE was never scary you fucking idiot, it wasn't even close to being that or attempting to scare you. Just because 1 aimed for a specific effect doesn't mean you didn't have like six or seven games after that which didn't.
>>
File: 500x_shutterstock_8050477.jpg (80 KB, 500x463) Image search: [Google]
500x_shutterstock_8050477.jpg
80 KB, 500x463
>have to have PS+ to download a fucking demo
>>
>>341241125
Why wasn't re4 a spinoff ?

fuck off, the series changed so much through the years
>>
>>341241125
It's a fucking TEASER FUCK
>>
>>341241167
>REmake wasn't scary
>>
>>341241125
You know you can have connections and not necessarily have to bring everyone back for a main installment in any series, there's no "rules". The Umbrella symbol on the helicopter is enough of a teaser.

This is also a tech demo with almost nothing known so that's just a typical kneejerk reaction
>>
File: 1325448471419.jpg (24 KB, 500x465) Image search: [Google]
1325448471419.jpg
24 KB, 500x465
>why aren't they making the game I want :((((
>>
>>341241239
Seriously why the fuck is it PS+ anyways? I mean I get most people have it anyways due to multiplayer, but a lot of people also don't and would like to try out the demo.
>>
File: FW__qMNI1mc.jpg (494 KB, 2048x1536) Image search: [Google]
FW__qMNI1mc.jpg
494 KB, 2048x1536
>>341241239
>dont have PS+
>>
>>341241125
>Are they trying to get the youtube, amnesia, slender and silent hill audience with this crap?
Exactly, PewDiePie and the other famous youtubers who play the current trndy game have great influence over young teenagers so their taste has been dictated by their environment (just like us back in the 90's) and what they like is shitty first person escape simulators with good graphics.
Newsflash bro: video games are dead.
>>
>>341241538
yeah, why aren't they
>>
>>341217085

Where's the demo? Not seeing it on steam
>>
>>341241606
So people who want to play it will have to pay for PS+, obviously.

>>341241728
On PS4.
>>
>>341241538
>everyone hated RE5 and RE6
>make something nobody wanted
>OMG GUYS Y R U MAD, LOL NOT DA GAME ANYBODY WANTED LOLOLOL
>>
You can use the finger in the sydney night club level when you meet this woman
>>
>>341237571
>KennethBR
Now that's a name I haven't seen in a while.
>>
File: 0m1pFc5.png (17 KB, 100x84) Image search: [Google]
0m1pFc5.png
17 KB, 100x84
>>341242119
>>
>>341241936
This is why I will always feel kind of sorry for the people making RE. No matter what they do, or what direction they take the series, they're going to have someone screaming at them.

Oh well, as far as I'm concerned, the post-RE4 fans can fuck off. They've got a wealth of options when it comes to zombie-based rooty tooty shooty games out there.
>>
>>341242243
>No matter what they do, or what direction they take the series, they're going to have someone screaming at them.
This applies to most series that still continue today.
>>
File: 1436482730617.jpg (16 KB, 288x268) Image search: [Google]
1436482730617.jpg
16 KB, 288x268
>>341242119
Got me
>>
Has anyone tried following Andre when he walks off?
>>
>>341242478
There's an invisible walk preventing you from following him.
>>
Andre is stuffed on one of the water pipes downstairs directly under the sink/faucet
>>
I'm retarded how does one get the axe?
>>
>>341244021
down below beside the microwave in the tape you can get a lock pick to unpick the locked drawer and the come back outside the tape and there's an axe in it
>>
File: image.png (132 KB, 230x293) Image search: [Google]
image.png
132 KB, 230x293
I almost had a heart attack and was sweating buckets when playing PT. How bad is RE7?
>>
>>341244280
it's PT 2.0
>>
>>341244280
hardly anywhere near as scary
>>
Are we Clancy or a new guy?
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 20

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.