[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Tales Thread?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 4
File: Luke_fon_Fabre.jpg (17 KB, 197x344) Image search: [Google]
Luke_fon_Fabre.jpg
17 KB, 197x344
instead of all this gay arguing over e3, can we have a "Tales of" thread?

I just finished Tales of the Abyss and I really enjoyed it. Little Loli Anus bothered the shit out of me, but I really liked Luke and Jade. So was that Luke at the end or Asch?
>>
also what direction should I go in? theres so many games its overwhelming

Should I go back to Symphonia?
Or is Xilia a good game to go to next?
what about all the others?

Basically what are the tales games worth playing
>>
>>341215938
>back to Symphonia
by this u mean u already played?
>>
>>341216607
no i havent

i was just referring to how it came out earlier than Abyss
>>
>>341215938
Play Symphonia and Vesperia.
>>
>>341215592
Both

>>341215938
Order doesn't really matter unless your dealing with direct sequels.
Symphonia is fine, just prepare to say goodbye to freerun.
>>
>>341217073
thats it?
What about Graces or Rebirth or Hearts

fuck theres so many of them how does everyone keep them straight
>>
I liked Symphonia but that is because of nostalgia. It would be better to start with it so the other tales would feel like an upgrade in gameplay wise
>>
>>341217249
Go with what >>341217073 said. Symphonia first, preferably the 10th anniversary PS3 one since it actually added some story stuff, then go for Vesperia. Symphonia's sequel is optional if you got into the first game; you either like it, or hate it.
>>
Symphonia, Abyss, and Vesperia are the only ones worth playing, and Symphonia is already pushing it.
>>
File: anus.jpg (6 KB, 198x254) Image search: [Google]
anus.jpg
6 KB, 198x254
Why was she so fucking annoying?

And why does everyone give Luke shit for what he genuinely got tricked into, but she gets a pass when everyone discovers she was a spy the whole fucking time and was responsible for killing the fucking pope child
>>
>>341218410
Jade said it's because Luke didn't own up to it and was being a little bitch

Coming from the history's greatest monster that's saying alot.
>>
File: ToZ lewd.png (899 KB, 1275x434) Image search: [Google]
ToZ lewd.png
899 KB, 1275x434
>>341215592
>instead of all this gay arguing over e3
But Tales is the gayist game
>>
File: talesseries.jpg (273 KB, 1253x887) Image search: [Google]
talesseries.jpg
273 KB, 1253x887
I really liked Symphonia, Vesperia (want to import PS3 version), Phantasia and Abyss.

Love-hate Legendia because good music, story and character growth, but terrible gameplay, long hallway dungeons, and random encounter system.

Currently playing through Zestiria (meh), Xillia (potentially good), and Rebirth (with video guide because Japanese), and Destiny (random encounter is forgiven because it's the first game).

I feel like the newer games keep introducing unnecessary/complex battle systems. Vesperia's fatal strike/over limit system and Abyss's FoF system were interesting, but Xillia's linked artes and Zestiria's armatize are kind of tedious (at least for me).
>>
>>341220372
At first I thought the FoF concept was needlessly complicated and I would never use it because in the beginning it was too difficult for me to actually make a usable field

but by end game it was so easy to manipulate it felt great getting all those special elemental attacks
>>
>>341220752
Same experience. I'm hoping I'll get used to the zestiria and xillia battle systems like I did for Abyss.
>>
someone tell me what makes Vesperia so special?
>>
>>341221562
it was an exclusive so people talked it up more than it deserved
>>
>>341221562
Good story, likeable characters, mc moves away from typical rpg hero personality, and fun battle system.
>>
>>341215592
I played Tales of Innocence on DS and didn't really like it, but I want to give the series another shot. I'd like to play something where the gameplay mechanics have some depth to them, you can get by with just fighting boss battles (no random battles), and the story isn't completely awful. Is Abyss a good choice? If not, which should I play?
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.