[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is there a reason for this when Scorpio is on its way too?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 1
File: 20160613_231941.jpg (477 KB, 1977x1317) Image search: [Google]
20160613_231941.jpg
477 KB, 1977x1317
Is there a reason for this when Scorpio is on its way too?
>>
>>341206864
No reason
>>
>>341206864
There is no point. I don't get why announcing this
>>
There's no point when the current one comes with 4 AAA games for the same price and the main difference is the lack of 4k video.
>>
Its dumb
>>
Don't see the reason why
>>
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Osborne_effect

RIP
>>
>>341206864
cheaper and more attractive.
>>
>>341206864
Scorpio will cost a lot more and come out in 1.5 years
>>
IDK I might pick up the controller since it's blutooth and doesn't require the stupid microsoft adapter.
>>
>>341206864
A cheaper alternative.
>>
>>341207902
Just plug it up wired dipfuck.
>>
Isn't Scorpio an addon for xbone? If so, yeah.
>>
>>341208069
Now why would I do that retard when I can use it WIRELESS.
>>
>>341208247
No adapter needed if wired.
>>
>>341208247

Because wireless requires a $25 adapter.

The xbone controller doesn't use bluetooth.

why the fuck does it still use AA batteries
>>
>>341209063
new one does. and the fucking elite controller doesn't. fuck you microsoft.
>>
C
>>
fanboys.

was watching the conferences on xbone skype to talk to some friends playing the halo wars demo. 2 other super diehard friends joined and immediately went on talking about how they were going to immediately go get recolored controllers and slim xbones despite not needing either, saying they'll go get gears 4 elite controllers and scorpios ASAP.

and then they started scoffing and whining any time i showed any interest in anything shown during sony conference.
>>
Dyifzizfizg
>>
>>341209063
Because us middle class people buy rechargeable batteries, usually eneloop, making an internal rechargeable battery less convenient.
>>
>>341206864
yeah, it's cheaper.
>>
>>341206864

Scorpio probably costs three times as much.

Unless M$ is desperate to gain some market presence over the PS4 and is willing to take a huge loss on each console sold, in which case they'll keep it fairly affordable.
>>
Cheaper, energy efficient, built in power brick, integrated IR making the Kinect more useless than ever, etc.

There's still 18 months left from Scorpios announcement and shipping, too. Plus its a decent set up box.
>>
Do you want to play Scalebound now or in 2 years?
>>
When is Xbone S coming out?
>>
>>341213015
too bad the xbone controller won't recharge eneloops in the controller. gotta take em out to recharge/replace. much more of a pain really.
>>
>>341213703
August for 2tb model and December for 1tb and 500g models
>>
>>341214673
Damn really? Is 2TB $299? If so I will probably buy that in a heart beat
>>
>>341206864
My bet is, they are just playing it safe with Scorpio to react appropriately to the market impact of the PS4K.
>>
>>341213956
Takes literally less than 10 seconds
>>
>>341206864
If you want a cheap 4k bluray player.
>>
>>341213956
>>341215279
Yeah it takes only seconds and I keep a second pair at the ready just for this purpose. Another benefit here is Eneloops are known to last a lot of charges. Much more than a PS3/4 controller. And can be replaced easily.
>>
Is there any reason to get the scorpio when it literally got no games?
>>
>>341206864
It's suppose to be the cheap model the Scorpio is suppose to be the more expensive but more powerful model. The idea is that regardless of which you buy you will get to play the same games, just with different graphics.
>>
>>341207180
>>341207550

These.
>>
>>341209063
>why the fuck does it still use AA batteries

So I can choose my own rechargeables, which I already have sets of at home like most people in 2016, and then have an extra set recharging on the side while playing so I never have to worry about recharging the controller or waiting for it to charge. And when the batteries go bad like all batteries eventually do, I only have to replace the batteries rather than buy a whole new fucking controller.

You seriously prefer built in batteries that you can't replace when they go bad?
>>
>>341214796
$399 for 2TB model.
>>
>>341215573
You're still looking at 3V 1400mAh for the xbone play/charge kit battery versus 2x1.2V 2000mAh for Eneloops. I have over 30 each of AA/AAA NiMH batteries but just plugging in a microusb or plopping the controller down on a dock is much more convenient.
Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.