[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
All Xbox one games are PC games and Xbox? No, This isn't fair!
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 61
Thread images: 6
File: 1465862595-gears-of-war-4-6.jpg (108 KB, 517x291) Image search: [Google]
1465862595-gears-of-war-4-6.jpg
108 KB, 517x291
All Xbox one games are PC games and Xbox? No, This isn't fair!
>>
>>341203667
Microsoft has won the war, Playstation can't compete with that.
>>
>>341203667
Xbox has been part of Windows 10 for 2 years. People on /v/ just refuse to update past Vista and didnt get the memo. Xbox is a digital platform as of 2014.
>>
Microsoft wouldn't do it if they weren't getting battered by Sony. If MS was leading the console generation, they'd be locking down game rights, watching you jerk it, and putting even more ads in their games.
>>
>>341203667
Geralt?
>>
>>341204485
>Vista
You mean 7, the best windows still. I will literally never upgrade. NEVER.
I'll just dual boot windows 10 to play these shitty games.
>>
>>341206648
Why not just upgrade to 10?
>>
>>341206739
Because it's shit
>>
>>341206957
How so?
>>
>>341207114
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OMKnMvwc3qs
>>
>>341208412
Why does that make the OS itself bad?
>>
>>341208540
Dont worry anon that other anon is retarded. My main conputer is windows 7 and my laptop is a windows 10. Iv never had that restart shit happen. And with about 2 min of setting changes its all set and ready to go. Only paranoid autists go crazy over the "windows 10 spyware" meme.
>>
File: tspSJEp[1].jpg (690 KB, 1300x4704) Image search: [Google]
tspSJEp[1].jpg
690 KB, 1300x4704
>>341207114
>>
>>341209937
What is this supposed to prove?
>>
>>341209937
Just seems like someone who doesn't know what they are doing desu senpai
>>
This is just a desperation ploy to get people to switch over to win10 for dx12.

They're scared of Vulkan.. really scared.
>>
>>341208412

>keeps refusing an update
>surprised when he gets prompted for the same updated repeatedly

wow
>>
So, any chances I lost anything good in the future if I sell my Xbone now?
>>
>>341203667
How is it ever unfair that more people get to play games?
>>
>>341210929
Nope. All future exclusives will likely be PC ported. Firstly, to establish DX12 over Vulkan. And secondly, to compete with PS4 Neo.
>>
>>341211351
no need to compete with an inferior system when Microsoft exclusives will be running on stronger formats (a la Scorpio/PC, just depends on what the player wants to use really).
>>
>>341211351
>Firstly, to establish DX12 over Vulkan
This probably, because the Windows store is otherwise pointless.
>And secondly, to compete with PS4 Neo.
How do PC games compete with Neo? That's what the Scorpio is for, which they shouldn't have announced today seeing as they had absolutely nothing to show or announce other than a vague theoretical peak floating point performance target.
>>
>>341203667
Now that I know I can get Xbone games on PC, I'll prob pick up a PS4 for their exclusives now.
>>
>>341211660
Microsoft games are most likely going to be dual format games now, buy one copy, get the other on the other on the other format. There is no competition now. Either you play on a strong console such as Scorpio, or you play on a stronger PC. They don't have to compete with Sony anymore, all Microsoft exclusives will inherently look better than Playstation exclusives now. Ergo, this means Sony is going to have to either step their game up, or obtain more studios and invest more to hope to keep up.
>>
File: 1447846114188.gif (2 MB, 240x180) Image search: [Google]
1447846114188.gif
2 MB, 240x180
>>341211351
Great, gonna build a PC then.
Fuck, I have Live Gold till 2018 and a lot of digital games. Any chance the old games get compatibility and cross with PC too?
>>
>>341207114

Just looking around, it seems to have some sort of issue with everyone in some way or another based on hardware, and since it's not widespread to everyone there is little info on fixing them. Some people have 1 problem, some have another, others have yet another. It's not flawless in any way.

For me personally, ever since upgrading to windows 10 I get consistent momentary network hitching.

Every kind of constantly flowing network connection gets it. At first I only saw it when watching any sort of live stream. Youtube live and twitch, ones where the video buffer is very short so it's noticeable when you get momentary lag. They would just freeze for about 10 seconds every 3-4 minutes. I just assumed at the time that this was on twitch/youtubes end, shit servers.

Then I started playing online games more heavily and lo and behold, it was there too, every 3-4 minutes I would lag (full on lag, as if my connection entirely dropped) for about 10 seconds. I even contacted ISP to see if it was an internet problem, which I figured it was because now my brother in the same house was also getting it right after upgrading his PC to windows 10.

The ISP said all appeared fine so I installed a game that featured LAN and got my brother in a game and there it was again, every 3-4 minutes for 10 seconds the game would appear to be disconnecting for both of us. Network adapter driver reinstalls, many windows network tweaks, nothing gets rid of it, and every Windows 7 PC we have/tried doesn't get it.

After weeks of googling frivolously we have found about 20 cases of people with similar issues, none ever solved it (most just reported that they went back to 7)
>>
>>341211995
>all Microsoft exclusives will inherently look better than Playstation exclusives now
Maybe when played on a PC or on the Scorpio at the end of 2017. Sony didn't even announce the Neo today so we have no idea when it will come out or what it will be.

Just because Microsoft has a vague performance target doesn't mean their next console will actually be more powerful than whatever Sony releases next. Sony was originally only going to have 4GB of GDDR5 which is why MS was comfortable using DDR3 and we all saw how that turned out.
>>
>>341212136
nah, most likely not.Might want to just pick up a 360 used or even new for that matter, if you're wanting to play old games.
>>
>>341212257
That's exactly what I just said. All future titles that can be played on the PC, and later the Scorpio, will look better, simply because of better processing power and GPU's. Unless Sony can ante up and provide a new console that's going to beat out the stated 6 Tflops that the Scorpio will be putting out, then there's no point. This entire move just puts pressure on Sony to do better imo.
>>
>>341206418
Looks like old Ezio to me
>>
>>341212583
>Unless Sony can ante up and provide a new console that's going to beat out the stated 6 Tflops that the Scorpio will be putting out,
They could, and the Neo won't be held back as much by its predecessor in terms of hardware.

MS is gonna have to make some interesting choices regarding compatibility in the future. Also am curious as to what they're going to do with the eSRAM.
>>
>>341203667
>tears of war
>coming to PC
>>
>>341207114
Ass program compatibility, especially with A TON of older games...
>>
Think about it this way, more choice for the consumer.

You can play the game on your toaster with an X on it, or you can play it properly. Or you can get a PS4 and watch some blu-ray films.

A world of possibilities.
>>
>>341212204
This, I'm a modder and I'm fucking sick of all the windows 10 issues people are coming to me with.
>>
File: nline_o8qoywFEs51ro6lno_500.gif (497 KB, 500x284) Image search: [Google]
nline_o8qoywFEs51ro6lno_500.gif
497 KB, 500x284
>>
File: image.jpg (21 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
21 KB, 400x400
>>341203667
Nintendo fan here(but I own all platforms). This was an amazing announcement I don't really see how any thing could possibly beat Microsoft, now that they seem to be supporting PC more than ever. the mere thought of getting to play any Xbox exclusive game on PC is just great. Microsoft really knows what they're doing right now.
>>
>>341212997
Without even considering compatibility, I don't understand why someone would ever suggest that you install one OS instead of installing 2. Last I checked, there is no downfall to installing 2.
>>
>>341212928
see, that's where I have to disagree, I see Sony being held back more by hardware than Microsoft will be. Sony has only one single platform you can play their exclusives. So let's say that we're moving towards the next generation. Microsoft users have the option to either buy another new console, or simply stick with Windows and maybe upgrade some hardware. Meanwhile, Sony HAS to convince their fanbase to pony up more cash just a few years after the Neo is released if they want to keep up with Microsoft graphics.

I mean, this is all just speculation, but having two different platforms to play games on, not to mention allowing two different platforms to play together, is going to significantly impact Sony in the coming years, be it positively or negatively.

All I can say is that they're going to really have to look at their entire corporate structure if they're going to keep up now, debts weighing down on Sony aren't going to disappear if the Computer Entertainment division starts needing more cash to keep up with competition.
>>
Was Gears or Quantum ever fixed on PC anyway?
>>
>>341210625
I don't always agree with BlackBusterCritic, but he's right when he said that it's your PC and your right to update is yours, not Microsoft's. Same theory of Richard Stallman's "if the user does not control the system, the system controls the user" theory.
>>
>>341213417
nothing wrong with installing 2 operating systems--I just won't be bothered running Windows 10 for personal use and having to reboot when I want to play older games. When Windows 7 dies, I have a GNU/Linux dualboot prepared as I won't care about games anymore anyways.
>>
>>341213323
Same here anon, but you don't think this kill the Xbone? If you don't have money to buy a PC sure, but the Scorpio thing, how much it will cost? and the games will run like shit on Xbone.
>>
>>341203667
Same shit for Playstation, so you aren't missing out on anything.
>>
Microsoft saved gaming

While Sony is circlejerking over movies and vr
>>
>>341213517
Game developers have to support the original Xbox One, otherwise they kill it off faster. The Xbox One is considerably less powerful than the PS4, so games will need to be designed around its limitations.

Sony will have VR this year so they're going to beat MS to market with that too. The Scorpio even if it is more powerful than the Neo won't be significantly more powerful, and it's going to have the disadvantage of being more expensive and having a much smaller install base. The original Xbox was way more powerful than the PS2 and it got raped by the PS2.

The Scorpio will be an odd curiosity for people that are too stupid to build a PC but want the dick waiving of the PC hardware race. By the time it releases it'll be every bit as outdated as the PS4 was in 2013. Nvidia's GTX 1180 Ti will be out before the Scorpio si.
>>
File: dyjdryjsdytswger.gif (852 KB, 500x281) Image search: [Google]
dyjdryjsdytswger.gif
852 KB, 500x281
>>341214037
epic meme
>>
>>341213892
Doubt it, you have to realize that people want easy and simple, parents and grandparents would sooner buy a console for little Tommy. I mean, we all know building a PC is cheaper, still easy, and is a great way to play games, but Alienware, Dell and Origin are still making tons off of their "gaming" pcs.
>>
>>341214328
Yeah, makes sense.
>>
>>341204485
but muh new halo games
>>
>>341214107
Time will tell. I believe that DX 12 will skyrocket Microsoft, allowing them to do more with much less, but we shall see. But I also believe they're eventually going to either start making Xboxes literal plug and play PCs or just simply require everyone to move to PC.
>>
Guess I'll have to dual boot W10 to see how shit it is.
>>
>>341214665
>allowing them to do more with much less
The PS4 has the exact same kind of low-level APIs that the Xbox One has, only it doesn't have to have a layer of abstraction that makes it possible to support different manufacturers like AMD.
>>
>>341209937
image.jpg is full of interns or worse. and you fell for it
>>
>>341203667
Big Boss?
>>
>>341213892
I think there's a big chance that it will cause Xbox one sales to drop even more HOWEVER there's just as big of a chance that of PC gamers who had interest in Xbox's exclusives but not the Xbox its self will buy those games boosting both the profits of Microsoft and the devs that made the games
>>
>>341212136
>gonna build a PC

Good luck with that. It's fucking impossible if you don't know what you're doing.
>>
>>341214824
Vulcan will be a real pain in the ass for Microsoft if they don't move forward soon. I will agree with you there. >>341214843
>>
>>341203667
>exclusively not on playstation

The best exclusive.
>>
>>341214986
>It's fucking impossible if you can't read and/or are completely retarded.

ftfy
>>
>>341215143
I can hear the cries of the Sony fanboys at this very moment
Thread replies: 61
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.