[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Cataclysm is the last expansion I played. Is it better or worse now?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 10
File: 2364671-world-of-warcraft-logo.jpg (476 KB, 2827x1608) Image search: [Google]
2364671-world-of-warcraft-logo.jpg
476 KB, 2827x1608
Cataclysm is the last expansion I played. Is it better or worse now?
>>
Bump I left like the first week into MoP. Same question.
>>
It's in a very heavy pre-expansion lull.
Almost every serious player has quit until Legion.
Very bad time to start playing again.
>>
Worse. It's like a mindnumbing drug that leads you into nothing more than despair.
>>
File: 1464438494623.jpg (260 KB, 1132x887) Image search: [Google]
1464438494623.jpg
260 KB, 1132x887
>>
>>341201323

Worse now.

Better than Cataclysm in Legion.
>>
It gets worse with every expansion and their sub numbers go down every time

Not sure why they don't change direction. Legacy servers will help at least.
>>
MoP was better, WoD is worse
>>
File: ShameOnYouForFappingToThis.png (58 KB, 151x210) Image search: [Google]
ShameOnYouForFappingToThis.png
58 KB, 151x210
WOD got one thing right and that was the sense of exploration

>Leveling
>Swim to the bottom of a random lake
>There is a sword down there
>Loot it
>Better than all my shit.
>Not tied to a quest in anyway

There was a ton of stuff just out there with no real indication.
>>
File: Watcher'sArmament.png (1 MB, 1919x1927) Image search: [Google]
Watcher'sArmament.png
1 MB, 1919x1927
>like the idea of ret paladins
>they get Ashbringer in legion
>no amount of retexturing can make Ashbringer not look like a retarded nerf toy
>have to kill off a big name character to give players his dumb sword
>Holy healing bitch boys of all things get the big fuck off hammer + libram
>the big fuck off hammer has a skin that is literally Reinhardt

It's not fair
>>
File: image.jpg (158 KB, 1273x1163) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
158 KB, 1273x1163
How are you faggots making gold? Aside from running cata 25m raids.

Need to stockpile in preparation
>>
File: State of decay.png (27 KB, 946x587) Image search: [Google]
State of decay.png
27 KB, 946x587
>>
>>341203072
exploration? it only had like 3 zones. I finished all the outdoor world stuff in a weekend.
>>
>>341203275
Get a level 3 inn for treasure hunt missions and use it to recruit as many followers as possible with treasure hunter
>>
>>341203743
Currently leveling some treasure hunters, is that basically it?
>>
>>341203072
The problem with WoD was that it was unfinished

There were lots of things in the world to find to do, but not enough incentive once you outleveled the zone's treasures, reached self sufficiency with your garrison, and got whatever shitty rewards they offered in the shitty reputations if you were interested in them in the first place
>>341204135
More or less, use your shipyard too plus all the usual AH stuff

I've got a couple hundred thousand saved up and I barely do anything
>>
>>341203390
>>341204717
Wod had a lot of problems but MMOs have never given players any incentive to explore. See that cave over there? Don't bother going there because you don't have a quest for it. meanwhile there are quests in WOD you only find from going out of your way and exploring.
>>
>>341203743
so being a innkeeper is new profession seems pretty fucking boring
>>
>>341205027
From what I understand they're putting more stuff like the Gara quest into Legion with artifact appearances and history

It has always been a problem though, but I fear they'll go too far in the opposite direction by making you run all over the damn place for world quests
>>
much better

only nostfags disagree
>>
>>341201323
>>341201568
MoP was way better. WoD was fine until the content drought.
>>
>>341201323

It's worse, much worse.

You thought it couldn't get any worse than cataclysm, you'd be wrong.
>>
>>341205124
Everyone's just waiting for the legion prepatch to see how hard they've been gutted
>>
TBC >/= WoW > MoP > WotLK > Cata >/= WoD

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b4U4vr_Ra3o
>>
File: 1456985018930.jpg (161 KB, 1890x1417) Image search: [Google]
1456985018930.jpg
161 KB, 1890x1417
Right now? It's pretty bad.
Legion? A lot of stuff really seems great, but a lot of it is a little too late.

World Quests are a lot better then the shit we had to do in WoD or Mists, but being able to go to different places including old world stuff feels like it should have been something added a long time ago.

PVP talents should have been added when Arena really took flight in BC.

Artifact passive trees bring back the feeling of constantly improving, but what happens when all said and done? Are we giving back the weapons? Then what?

Professions matter again, and you level it like you would a class with quests and such, but you still can't just devote time just to professions like you used to in Nilla and BC.

Classes look like they wont be changed any more due to them trying to get them in line with a "fantasy". Class quests are a thing again. But what for? Each spec is a glorified three button mash with some set up. Talents range from "Gain resources different
" to "Gain Resource" Literally only the Unholy Deathknight has talents that some what change the way to can play, and let me tell you it's not drastic.
Legion looks fine and all but, it's all a little too late.
>>
lvl 100 PVP in Ashran is pretty fun.

Probably the best part about about WoD.
>>
>>341201323
Worse, somehow it is worse.

The only thing good about WoD was that it had a decent first-time through leveling experience. I played the tail-end of Pandaland and it was miles better than what I got from fuckin' WoD.
>>
I will say that WoD was amazing lvling to 100, but after a week at lvl cap I couldn't continue anymore.
>>
>>341201323
Did you like the increased amount of challenge in endgame content compared to everything that came before it? If so, I would say definitely come back for the next expansion unless you have zero commitments like work, school, etc. then maybe you can be back for some current endgame mythic stuff. Whatever else they may fuck up, Blizzard has only gotten better at making big group coop endgame epics.

But if you're nostalgia driven, you won't enjoy it at all and will have the typical backlash you would normally see here.
>>
mop continued all the shit cata did and made it even worse
wod continued all the shit mop did and made it even worse

mop had slightly better raids than cataclysm, thats about it. apart from that it just continued the race to the bottom.
wod is just a complete disaster, with pretty much no redeeming features at all. an all-time low for wow.
and legion is looking like it's going to be even worse than the abortion that was wod.

if you enjoy streamlining, dumbed down gameplay, handholding to the max, and everything being piss-easy, then you might enjoy modern wow for a month or two.
if you enjoyed the game it used to be, then modern wow will just make you feel bored, empty and depressed.
>>
File: kronos.jpg (516 KB, 1600x900) Image search: [Google]
kronos.jpg
516 KB, 1600x900
>>341201323
>>
>>341205027
>See that cave over there? Don't bother going there because you don't have a quest for it.

This exact problem was caused by WoW in the first place.
>>
>>341205124
You should also keep in mind that in legion treasure hunter is being replaced with super scavenger and nearly all missions that reward gold are being removed

So if you don't think you can get your garrison up and running by around the end of august there's not much time left to profit
>>
File: 134534534.png (229 KB, 441x484) Image search: [Google]
134534534.png
229 KB, 441x484
>>341212334
>4 spells

Vanilla really difficult guys.
>>
File: heroofbelgium.webm (1 MB, 852x492) Image search: [Google]
heroofbelgium.webm
1 MB, 852x492
>>341214964
I know you just wanna point out the fact I'm a clicker, but that's ok; I'm not ashamed of it and perform perfectly fine
>>
>>341215992
its ok frost dk rotation is only 3 buttons too
Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 10

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.