[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I'm pretty confident that this isn't going to be Kratos
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 52
File: Kratos.png (3 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
Kratos.png
3 MB, 1920x1080
I'm pretty confident that this isn't going to be Kratos from the previous God of War games. He may be named Kratos, though I doubt it, but I think he'll be a reincarnation or ancestor which will go through a similar journey.

Also, why is releasing new games in a series just titled

>Game

Becoming a thing?
>>
>Spartan Rage
Anon
>>
Fucking hopefully. Kratos was the worst thing about the original games.
>>
>>341200051
It's a soft reboot.

His name is Kratos.

different setting and mythology.

It's like Zelda.

Link - Kratos
Green Tunic - Red Markings
>>
>>341200212

Yeah, I saw that too. He also has an Omega symbol on his back. I still think it's more themes and elements carrying over than an indication that he himself is a Spartan. Even then, if he is a reincarnation or ancestor, it could be Kratos's Spartan Rage carried through his bloodline.

To me, the man in the trailer doesn't look like Kratos, even an aged Kratos.
>>
>>341200495
>>341200212
>>
>>341200495
source:his ass
>>
It is Kratos.
I suspect we'll play as that kid as an adult though.
Kratos will probably die pretty quick.

I feel like it could work, but people would be irrationally pissed.
>>
>>341200682

Maybe so, but I think that's what they're aiming for. It won't invalidate the previous games but it's a new warrior with elements familiar to the series.
>>
>>341200051
When i first saw the kid i thought its that robodino game
>>
>>341200573
>same scars
>spartan rage
>same tatoos
>same burn marks on arm
>isn't Kratos
Whatever you say.
>>
>>341200051
He even has SPARTAN RAGE as an ability, so there's little doubt it's the actual Kratos.
>>
>>341200495
It's Zangief though, not Kratos
>>
>>341200051
Cory Balrog just said it's the same kratos as ever, time has passed.
>>
Does anyone even actually like Kratos as a character? Why the fuck would they not start fresh with a new protagonist in their new setting?
>>
>>341200051
Kratos probably just fucked off to Scandinavia after killing Zeus and became worshiped as either Odin or Tyr.
>>
>>341200051
So a reboot?
>>
>aim weapon as kid
>"Bow Skills Learned" (or whatever it said)

You play as the kid.
Probably an adult version after Kratos dies.

You need someone to avenge. It's going to be Kratos finally dying.
>>
No, they confirmed in a post show interview that it is a direct sequel to God of War 3. It's the same Kratos.
>>
>>341200051
God of War was shit-tier anyways. Maybe this will actually be okay.
>>
Developer already confirmed that new game takes place years after God of War 3 during after show Geoff interview.
>>
Just looks like an oldman kratos
>>
>>341201484
Yeah, I'm betting this. That stuff shown was likely just part of the tutorial and then Kratos dies and it'll pick up 10 years later with super rage mode Kratos Jr. fucking up the Norse gods.
>>
>>341200051
it's already confirmed it's Kratos many years after God of War 3
>>
>>341201197
Becuase marketing, plus you can do some fun things with this.

Greek hero fighting against Ragnarok with the Norse gods.
>>
>>341200883
yeah that's what I was thinking too, I would hate to see that happen.
>>
who cares?
>>
http://blog.us.playstation.com/2016/06/13/first-look-santa-monica-studios-new-god-of-war-on-ps4/

Whole thing about it being Kratos.
>>
>Takes place many years after God of War 3
>It is Kratos
>You play as Kratos the entire game

that is all confirmed from dorito pope interview
>>
File: GOW7.png (640 KB, 610x703) Image search: [Google]
GOW7.png
640 KB, 610x703
>>341200051
>>
>>341200051
they confirmed on youtube afterwards it is the same kratos and takes place years after GoW3
>>
This is a painting inside one of the temples from God of War II. And a quote from years ago:

"In the original draft by David Jaffe, the Three Wise Men were meant to be Kratos and his Norse and Egyptian counterparts, after they wiped out the Olympians, the Gods of Asgard and the Egyptian Pantheon."
>>
>>341202371
>You play as Kratos the entire game
And the Arkham Knight isn't Jason Todd. It's obvious the xp was for the kid, not Kratos.
>>
>>341200051
see
>>341202359

you wrong nigga
>>
I was legitimately into the orchestral intro.
>>
>>341201484
HOW DOES HE COME BACK TO LIFE AFTER HE KILLED HIMSELF AT THE END OF 3? DOES HE CRAWL OUT OF HELL FOR LIKE THE 5TH TIME?
>>
He probably got tired of Greek shit and decided to fuck off from those lands and start anew in Nordic lands but the Gods followed him or some shit.
>>
File: 1372814791304.jpg (85 KB, 600x845) Image search: [Google]
1372814791304.jpg
85 KB, 600x845
>>341200051
>still wears the ashes of his previous dead family
>still has the red tattoo honoring his brother
>still has the scar over his eye
>still has the scar on his gut
>Spartan Rage pointing to the fact he's still a godamn spartan

get fucked bitch nigga
>>
>>341202620
yes but what if the kid follows you around like the bitch in Enslaved only he gains his own XP that you use to teach him new shit

Why would Kratos name his kid after himself.
>>
>>341202680
well, if he's done it 4 times already, why wouldn't he just crawl out again? Who wants to live in hades?
>>
>>341202502
Source you piece of shit
>>
It's cool and all, but it's not a God of War game. The setting and Norse mythology is awesome, but the gameplay looks nothing like true God of War. Should have just been a new IP imo, but I know they used God of War since the name sells. Still, pretty disappointed.
>>
>>341202945
http://blog.us.playstation.com/2016/06/13/first-look-santa-monica-studios-new-god-of-war-on-ps4/
>>
>Now Kratos Jr, you are truly the God of War
Bravo Sony
>>
I really hope the combat through the whole game is more action oriented than whatever that was because otherwise this looks fantastic. I love the tone and setting.
>>
>>341200051
I thought I saw a red circle in the game title when it popped up so I kinda assumed it was 'GOD OF WAR O(rigins)' but i wasn't really paying much attention.
>>
>>341202680
Didn't you watch all the credits. He's alive at the end of 3. He's standing facing his reflex on the ocean water.
>>
File: Old Kratos.webm (555 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
Old Kratos.webm
555 KB, 1920x1080
Are people ITT actually fucking retarded or just shitposting, I can't tell anymore
>the tattoo
>the ash skin
>the scar on his stomach
>Spartan Rage
>>
>>341202960
The gameplay in the original got stale 2 hours into GoW1. It was babbies' first hack and slash. Thank god they're changing up the gameplay for this game.
>>
>>341203369
I have to admit that I had a huge grin on my face after he walked out of the shadows
>>
>>341203214
It was the Omega symbol like every other God of War logo but in the form of an ouroboros dragon.
>>
>>341203051
>implying his son isn't Thor and Kratos is Odin
Greek patheon dying was the fall of the previous world and the rise of the new one
>Kratos starts the Norse patheon with the leftovers of the Greek patheon and things like the Vanir
>>
>>341202578
>Kratos teams up with Jesus to murder Lucifer

That's the stupidest yet coolest shit I've ever heard.
>>
>>341202578
Is that the one mural that had the weird code message or whatever?

I couldn't figure that one out.
>>
>>341203701
If that's true and Kratos is now the formative center of every pantheon of gods, then eventually he'll be Jesus.
>>
>>341202359
>>341202639

Welp., fuck me.

Kinda disappointed, I though having various warriors throughout the ages with similar markings and stories would have been interesting.

Oh well, game looks hype.
>>
>>341203565
It was a great way to start the conference, unfortunately GoW has been turned into something else.
>>
This may be a stupid question, but I only played GoW and GoWII back in the day - am I going to be missing out on much if I grab a cheap copy of GoW III for PS3 and play it, or is the PS4 remaster a big improvement?

What about Ascension and the PS3 versions of the PS3 titles? Necessary? I was thinking of picking up the Saga pack if I can get it cheap enough, but we'll see.
>>
>>341203594
Oh that makes way more sense.
Yeah I went to the local movie theater for the Playstation event so I had to explain to my wife why everyone was losing their shit.
>>
Kratos is immortal maybe. Maybe he lived through the fall of the greek pantheon and rise of the norse mythology
>>
>>341204359
He did tank that arrow from the kid and brush it off like a champ
>>
>>341204053
well something secretly set him up on the path to be Death Destroyer of Worlds.

The hints are all scattered about in 1/2/3 and the PSN games.
Not sure if theres any hints in Ascension.
>>
>>341204053
>eventually he'll be Jesus
He'll be birthed again...from a virgin!? The three Magi will have a hell of a story to tell because i'm sure that's not the baby they're expecting to see.
>>
File: 4455.jpg (70 KB, 880x880) Image search: [Google]
4455.jpg
70 KB, 880x880
Why was kratos so calm even in combat and whatnot? in like the 3 games I played he was always angry and yelling at something. Did he discover weed?
>>
>Trial of Archimedes pre-nerf

My anus still bleeds to this day
>>
It has to be Kratos.
The ash skin and tattoos make no sense otherwise.
>>
>>341204541
throat got tired
>>
>>341204239
I II and III is all you need.
>>
>>341204359
Well yeah, he's been immortal since the start. He's one of Zeus' sons and after he killed Ares he became a full blown god instead of just a demigod.
>>
>>341203385
But judging from what we've seen, this will get stale in 30 minutes. I'm just not liking it at all. At least the original God of Wars were over the top and all actiony. This looks like it's trying to be 2deep and slow as fuck.
>>
It's fucking Kratos. If it wasn't he wouldn't have the tattoos and/ or the white skin. It'll definitely be something along the lines of Magneto in X-Men: Apocalypse where he gave up his old life to start a new, only to lose his family and go right back into it.
>>
>>341204541
The guy who wrote the blog post about it said they decided "what if kratos made a decision in his life that wasn't awful? and tried to change so he's more than just walking anger"
>>
>>341204359

Well, I mean, he was a god for a while and he did climb out of hell the first time he died. He's defiantly not easy to kill at the best of times, let alone from something as flimsy as old age.
>>
>yfw travis fimmel is in the game
>>
>>341204239
GoW3 is a direct sequel to 2. It literally begins right where 2 ended. Might be worthwhile playing 2 before 3 if you can't remember what happened. If you have a PS4 might as well pick up the ramaster
>>
File: ahahhaahahah.jpg (106 KB, 1284x1057) Image search: [Google]
ahahhaahahah.jpg
106 KB, 1284x1057
>>341204492
>Kratos bursts out of the virgin Mary like a xenomorph
>>
>>341204719
Given the fact that the game awarded XP and gave a skill increase when the kid shot the bow i'm guessing like everyone else has we will be playing as the kid
>>
>>341204541
He's controlling his anger now. The deal with this Kratos is that he's controlling the beast within him. Anger in check, for now.
>>
>Looks exactly like Kratos if he grew a beard
>Has Spartan Rage

Why even fucking bother doing this, if it's not Kratos

Why not just make a Norse protag in that case. If he's not Kratos, that would be stupid as fuck
>>
>>341203385
Says someone who never played the original GoW
>>
File: 1464051612597.jpg (21 KB, 258x322) Image search: [Google]
1464051612597.jpg
21 KB, 258x322
Did we just forget Kratos had a wife and daughter and that's why he went on his sperg rage spree?
>>
>>341204972
See
>>341202359
>>341202983

Already confirmed it is Kratos post God of War 3
>>
>>341204239
the PS4 remaster is a tad bit better looking but also you can get the PS3 version for like under $5 most places

Ascension isn't necessary really but it doesn't really hurt not to play it.
Has Orkos whos a good bro at least.

Word of warning about the Saga pack is the PSP games are just DLC codes and not on disc.
Probably cheaper just to buy GoW3, GoW Collection (1&2 on disc) and GoW Origins collection (Chains of Olympus, Ghost of Sparta)
>>
>>341204939
I really hope so, I love angry as fuck murderous Kratos but I want a different protagonist since we're doing different pantheons.
>>
>>341204972
He is Kratos, official blog confirms.
>>
>>341204541

>>341202983
In that article they talk about Kratos trying to change after all the destruction he's caused and learning to control his anger. He seems to have an attachment to the kid in the trailer as well. He was about to lose his shit when the kid fired at the elk and missed but you can see he catches himself and calms down. Then after the kid finishes off the elk it looks Kratos is about to reach out and put his hand on the kids shoulder but he hesitates and pulls back after a few seconds and goes for the knife instead.
>>
I get the feeling that either the kid is going to become the new protag, or like everything else in Kratos' life, the kid will end up ded and Kratos will get maximum overpiss and start murdering EVERYTHING for muh revengeance.

Also, this means possibly Kratos fighting Odin, aka Norse Zeus, because muh patterns.
>>
>>341200051

The combat looked really bad.. Like a really poor God Hand.

Let's hope someone at Santa Monica figures this out.
>>
>>341200051

They literally said it takes place years after GoW 3
They called him Kratos, but I call him Beardos. Do you like it? I think it's clever.
>>
>>341204964
>anger in check for the first half of the game
>kid gets killed by some pissed off God
>Kratos enraged for the rest of the game
>>
>>341204939
I think they'll both be on a journey working together and both good at different things.
>>
File: 1464582184847.jpg (46 KB, 600x703) Image search: [Google]
1464582184847.jpg
46 KB, 600x703
>>341205246
>fighting gods in a mythology where everyone violently murders each other all day before resurrecting at a banquet hall and having a laugh about it

Greek gods worked in God of War because they are basically humans with super powers, complete with flaws and the ability to die. Norse gods don't work that way.
>>
>>341205296
>Goes to fight Odin
>It's literally Zeus with a horned helmet and fake Scandinavian accent
>Kratos shits blood and we get to spend an hour mashing X to punch his face into a bloody pulp again
>>
>>341200051
Either Kratos or the kid gonna die
>>
>>341205067
but he already avenged them, what more do you want?
>>
ITT: retards

Yes he's dead do you know how Valhalla works

Yes it's the same kratos, he has the scar from the blade of Olympus

The kid's skills go up, not kratos', implying you either play as him later or have him as a companion as a major mechanic.

How the fuck do people not understand the simple things? That's basically all we know from the trailer.
>>
>>341205558
Meant for >>341205246
>>
>>341200051
Its clearly the same fucking guy he has the tattoos and cursed ash skin for gods' sake. He probably just fucked off to norway or wherever the fuck vikings are from after getting bored being the only god.
Met some girl who was qt strong hunter woman.
Fucked her to death cause she couldn't handle the murder cock.
Had a son.
He's a bitch boy but kratos ain't putting up with that fucking noise so he makes him kill some shit. Boom game starts.
>>
>>341205246
I think it's a lot more likely that it's Ragnarok and Kratos isn't having any of that shit.

The dragon appearing, (probably nidhogg)

that's the start of ragnarok baby. Ice giants and wolves.
>>
>>341205067
Did you just forget that that entire fucking arc is completely finished?
>>
>>341205517

If they want it to be more like Norse gods they should have the ability to transform into a mare, have sex with your rivals steed, and then give birth to a six legged horse. This would all be done for shits and giggles with no tangible benefit.
>>
>>341204290
Do people actually go to this shit? Like it wasn't completely empty? What did your wife's boyfriend think?
>>
>>341205517
>>341205517
>implying Kratos Jr is going to kill norse gods
>implying we're not teaming up with the Norse gods to prevent Ragnarok
>>
>Kratos settled down and had a family
>his rage subsided
>but ONE DAY his son was kidnapped/murdered/possessed and the Dad of War became the God of War once more

Why couldn't Kratos just have a happy ending? He certainly deserves one after the raw deal he got in the trilogy.
>>
>>341205692
>do you know how Valhalla works
Valla-what?
>>
>>341205692
Kratos did not die at the end of God of War 3. After the credits you find out.
>>
>>341205067
they're at peace in the Elysian Fields, he knows full well if he set foot in it some bullshit would happen and fuck the whole place up.

Think he's learned to let them go and move on.
He's still more or less a God still and with it the long life span, way Kratos slays pussy it was really just a matter of time before he had more kids anyways.
>>
I was getting Lion King vibes through the whole fucking thing. When the kid shot him, I was like "Oh fuck, here we go..."
>>
But Kratos killed himself with the Blade of Olympus. Nobody exists anymore who could save him.
Still pissed off about that GoW 3 ending.
>>
>the kids mother is the protagonist from Horizon
>>
>>341205067
>>341205773
So who would want to marry and have a child with the "Ghost of Sparta?" Don't like all normal people fear him?
>>
>>341200051
>>341202680
he survived GoW3, this its the world after all the no gods apocalipse and the norse ones taking over
odin spear will be the new blade of olimpus, game ends in the fucking ragnarok, you hear it here exclusively on 4chan *also on youtube* in a few months for the new trailer
>>
>>341205517
>everyone revives at the banquet hall so no one ever stays ded
>imblying Kratos won't destroy all of Valhalla if he gets piss enough

Trust me when I say that all it'll take is his son going kill, and then watch as Kratos chimps out and destroys everything in Norse mythology until nothing is left.
>>
>>341203952
Sign me the fuck up I would play the living shit out of that.
>>
His voice thought
Its worse than the new gameplay
>>
>>341205834
>Kratos is a murderer
>has a lot of enemies
>settles down and has a family
>they get fucked up by whatever
>he settles it
>Kratos is still a murderer
>now has even more enemies
>settles down and has a family

YOU

WILL

NEVER

GUESS

WHAT

HAPPENED
>>
Anybody else worried about gameplay? I just wanted another Bayonetta type game, but this looks like Last of Us but more "actionny".
>>
>>341202578
That is really dumb and insulting.
>>
The kids mother is more than likely Skadi
>>
>>341205924
If you had waited until after the credits you see in another scene that he survived.
>>
>>341205834
>why couldn't kratos just have a happy ending

I always felt like Kratos wasn't really the good guy

he acts like a massive asshole in GoW 2 but maybe he redeems himself in the 3rd one, I've never played it
>>
>There are people who think the gameplay shown looked good

Is everyone serious? That looked terrible! Looks like they transplanted the melee combat from a third person shooter and slapped Kratos in there.
The original games were shallow, sure, but they always had the potential to be better. Looks like Sony's just throwing the baby out with the bathwater and chasing trends instead of improving upon what was established. And even though GoW was shallow it still looked a million times better than this rubbish.
>>
>>341206206
Nah he doesn't. Tries too though.
>>
>>341204541
I mean why would Kratos not want unlimited power?
>>
Will Kratos tell his son about the time he screwed over humanity and was responsible for the death of innocents?
>>
>>341205692
>call others retards
>thinks Kratos is dead
Well lad, made quite a fool of yourself.
>>
>>341204678
>>341204823
>>341205157
I knew that about 3 being a direct sequel. I don't actually have access to a copy of 2 (thought I did, but must've rented it). I'll just watch the end on YouTube to refresh.

As for the Remaster, if its just updated graphics I'm totally cool with grabbing a dirt cheap PS3 copy. I'll look into Ascension as well if I'm still keen for more afterwards.

Thanks for the warning about the PSP stuff in the Saga pack. Just got burned with the whole DLC code thing myself - bought a decently priced new/sealed copy of the MGS Legacy pack specifically hoping to use the MGS1 and VR Missions download code (I already had the HD collection of 2/3/PW). Code was expired. Fucking not happy. Might just get the PS3 collection of 1 & 2.

Thanks, dudes.
>>
>>341206053
Reminded me of mad max from fury road. Kind of just hoarse from years of fucked up shit.
>>
>>341205692
>doesn't know about the ending of GoW3
>still wants to give his opinion about story

Pleb.
>>
>>341205924
Kratos pretty much evolved through the power of rage to rival his own fathers bullshit levels of dicky against dying.

You'd have to destroy him completely and destroy his soul and probably salt the earth around the remains
>>
>>341200051
Kratos looks like Zangeif.
>>
>>341206206
>maybe he redeems himself in the 3rd one

He abducts an innocent woman enslaved by a god he hates so he can use her to open a door by crushing her defenseless body into paste. He uses said woman instead of the dozens of monsters that appear to try and stop him, or some sort of furniture that undoubtedly would have more integrity to keep the door open than a civilian.
>>
They already confirmed this is a direct sequel in a Q&A with Dorito Pope.
>>
>>341204919
I can see it now

"AREEES"
>>
>>341201080
ofc, this guy is just cosplaying kratos
>>
>>341205790
Yeah it was pretty close to a full theater. I basically went because my wife just likes to get out of the house every now and then
Funny you make a cuck joke because she's pregnant and I should have said something something my wife's son.. oh well missed opportunity

It was cool enough. I could have just watched it at home of course but i turned it into an excuse to get some food before and and then we got free slushies in our free PS cups. Also some redeemable code for something on the ps store.
>>
>>341206206
he was never a hero, it was all about his personal revenge against the gods
had the chance to walk away and ignore them a lot of times zeus would have tried to kill him later anyways because of pandora's FEAR
>>
>>341206183
Is that with the body of Kratos being gone and a remaining trail of blood?
It's been years since I finished it.
Still doesn't make a lick of sense.
I always wanted God of War to return to be more of an adventure game like the first one.
>>
>>341201484
They already confirmed you play as Kratos in the whole game. The kid just seems like a companion for Kratos
>>
He's just immortal and will fuck up gods of every religion for all eternity. Next game will be set in Egypt.
>>
>tfw kratos doesnt look like a black guy anymore
EA btfo
>>
Fun thing I noticed in the trailer is when he is yelling at the kid his rage meter is actually building but when he catches himself it goes down.
Neat.
>>
>>341206519
She was Poseidon's daughter. It was super fucked up though
>>
>>341206315
Probably. He'll even mention how Gods helped him do it too. Mainly Athena, goddess of wisdom.
>>
>Turning God of War into the Last of Us
>Going so far as to even give the kid a bow
>90% walking with some actual gameplay thrown in

Doesn't Kratos usually just scream a lot and kill things
>>
>>341206460
Yeah but old kratos had an Amazing voice and itsnt 40 years later, and you cannot get close to the actor or the jews will eat you alive
>>
>>341202359
Cory Barlog is great
>>
>>341200051
>Scar on his eye
>Scar on his belly
>Same tattoos
>Spartans Rage

Yea totally not Kratos guys.
>>
Am i the only that thought the gameplay looked exactly like GoW?

People say its TLOU tier but too me it looked the same only without le epic cuhrazyeeee blade of chaos(yet).
>>
>>341200051
>I'm pretty confident that this isn't going to be Kratos from the previous God of War games.
then why does he look exactly like him, have the same name, and the game is called god of war? this isn't a fucking hideo kojima game

>>341200051
>Also, why is releasing new games in a series just titled Game Becoming a thing?

that's been a thing for like a fucking decade

both parts of your post are garbage
please delete this thread
>>
File: 1458669116547.jpg (46 KB, 433x419) Image search: [Google]
1458669116547.jpg
46 KB, 433x419
>>341206557
fuck anon dont make me laught loud its 4am here
>>
>>341206835

Athena has always been a bitch, though.
>>
>>341205692
>calls people retards
>didn't even stay for the fucking post credit shit
>talks shit about valhalla but doesn't recognize Nidhogg

Kill yourself you useless shitposter
>>
Yes, you are.
>>
>>341206812
>She was Poseidon's daughter.

No, she was a mortal woman turned into a sex slave. You read a letter explaining it and how Poseidon beats her too.
>>
>>341206786

You know, I may be unique in this but watching Kratos' character change and grow over the series has been really interesting to me. By GoWIII he was literally insane with rage. Seeing him try to stem that endless well of anger is going to be really interesting.

I'm really fucking hype for this game.
>>
>>341206454
Ascension was good but unlike the other games you don't get any different weapons to use. You just pick up these breakable weapons off the ground. Otherwise it's just blades of chaos with different elements you unlock to infuse them with along the way.
>>
>>341206993
Youre fucking blind
>>
>>341206519
to be fair that was right around the time Kratos was at the height of his rage

>just been dicked over by Zeus for the last time and got Athena killed
>free the titans and get dicked over by them an hour later
>get knocked to the Underworld and immediately get dicked with by Hades
>get back to Olympus after all that shit and his rage could have powered the world for months
>first thing you encounter is a closed door and a cunt who was fucking one of the fuckers that just tried to kill you a short while ago
>>
>>341206850
give him a chance, he's trying to be a good dad
>>
>>341202227
No, they said in the post conference interview that Kratos is the only character you're going to play and that this is the SAME Kratos from the original God of War games.

My guess is that Kratos can't die from old age or something after being a god, so he's just lived on to the Nordic age.
>>
File: 1430420072245.png (699 KB, 889x768) Image search: [Google]
1430420072245.png
699 KB, 889x768
>>341200051
>mfw I finally get to play a game that lets me love and care for a cute boy
>>
>>341206315
Did I ever tell you about the time I murdered my first family and became a god in my homeland? I ended up killing all the others with my barehands. They were good friends.
>>
WHERE'S THE FUCKING GORE!?
>>
>>341202459
You know Jesus is a wet blanket and there's limited scope for "gods" (you could do angels and demons but they're nowhere near as fleshed out as other pantheons)

BUT there are totally useable Kratos equivalents in the OT. Samson fucking up a billion people with a jaw, David climbing an exaggeratedly massive Goliath...
>>
>>341207263
Didn't you see the kid stab a deer? Damn gory if you ask me.
>>
File: A man of wealth and taste.jpg (150 KB, 500x456) Image search: [Google]
A man of wealth and taste.jpg
150 KB, 500x456
>hot springs scene with Valkyries
>>
>>341206993
>Am i the only that thought the gameplay looked exactly like GoW?
Nah, I've played a fair amount of both and can really see how the gameplay is completely different.
>>
>>341207115

See, I kinda hate this shit. I assume (maybe I'm wrong) that the breakable weapons are more powerful than your normal attacks but...you know, that's fucking stupid since they're the Blades of Chaos.
>>
>>341206624
Eh, I guess since the conference was pretty much just trailers it doesn't seem so bad. Good luck with your kid anon.
>>
>>341206624
just curious I know those free Sony theater events were offering swag bags fulla free shit, what were in em.

>was tempted to go to one with my nephew just for the free shit
>discover the closest one was over 2 hours away
>>
Kratos is the final boss after the kid learns he killed mom end of game you find out he was protecting you from mom who ended up being evil and wanting a half god baby to eat/sacrifice after credits mom is hinted at reviving or something similar GOD OF WAR 2
>>
>>341207316
;-; i almost cried at that scene
>>
>>341206993
The gameplay resembles The Witcher now.
>>
>>341207263
Kratos plunged an axe into that frost giant's skull and got showered in blood. I don't think there's cause to worry.
>>
File: Not like this.gif (731 KB, 280x160) Image search: [Google]
Not like this.gif
731 KB, 280x160
Who here is hoping the kid dies and it directs Kratos towards classic GOW fast paced fighting? Because this is a monkey's paw of a game if I ever saw one
>>
>>341207356
>>341207132
Its slower but i think its because of the weapons.

if they give him back the blades it will probably be close.

Also how the fuck did he even find himself in the Nordic world.
>>
File: mike.jpg (31 KB, 537x549) Image search: [Google]
mike.jpg
31 KB, 537x549
>trying to give kratos of all people a happy ending

There's a reason people used him to test fatalities in Mortal Kombat 9.
>>
File: image.png (259 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
image.png
259 KB, 640x480
>people actually thought this was a different character

Genuinely can't tell if trolling or seriously that stupid.
>>
>>341207245
>Kratos explains to the boy his Greek adventures
>The boy is in awe but eventually grows skeptical of how grand they really were
>Kratos gets annoyed at this
>>
>>341205234

The kid literally calls him "Father"
>>
File: 018.jpg (225 KB, 757x1100) Image search: [Google]
018.jpg
225 KB, 757x1100
Anyone thinking the kid might be a young Thor or Odin?

Kratos saying " a new beginning " at the end has me thinking.

Maybe shit is fucked up without gods around and kratos is training the kid lead.
>>
File: 1445573604303.gif (2 MB, 358x202) Image search: [Google]
1445573604303.gif
2 MB, 358x202
>>341207327
>a game about kratos trying t be a good dad and teaching his son shit
>he teach him how to fuck, one valkyrie for kratos and the other one /ss/ his son
>>
>>341206993
I think it'll be good. Everyone's going on like it's a walking simulator but on the screen it says when they discover areas and the kid gets tracking and archery experience. I think it'll just be a God of War game with a companion and more open areas that better suit the new camera view. Probably some puzzles that require two people to solve in these areas because you have the kid with you.
>>
File: 1375139867632.jpg (101 KB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
1375139867632.jpg
101 KB, 250x250
>kratos telling the kid to think, be calm, and not react

Who is this man
>>
>>341206993
To be fair, that axe isn't entirely unlike say the hammer in GoW2.
The weirdest thing is the free camera.
>>
>>341200495
It's Kratos, the Troll yells "You dare come to Valhalla"
>>
>>341207084
Except she ascended to a higher level of being, beyond the Gods. So I don't think it was that big of a deal what he did. Life went on, a bunch of nobody important died and now you get to kill more Gods and beasts in a VIDEOGAME.
>>
File: gow live.webm (3 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
gow live.webm
3 MB, 1920x1080
Daily reminder, fuck the gods and their sympathizers
>>
>>341207585
Most likely the Norse pantheon stepped into power to remake the world after GOW3 and Kratos left Greece behind since there was nothing there for him
>>
I bet you anything that kid is Baldur.
>>
>>341207717
anon don't be rude

he's trying to deal with his anger issues
>>
How about this: Kratos goes to Yesland takes alias of Odin
>>
If this was what they made instead of GoW 2, everyone would have hated the changes.
>>
>>341207112
I'm just not entirely hyped about the combat.
I mean sure narrative it could be good but the fact we've seen this guy kill hundreds of people and even Gods kinda makes the whole venture seem like a downgrade.
>>
>>341207378
They're not really more powerful, they just offer utility. Ranged attacks, large AOE with the hammer smash, can't remember what the sword did. They don't break until you choose to break them by using their special ability and hitting with them so hard that it breaks.
>>
>The troll said "Go away go away"
What did he mean by this?
>>
>>341205517
>Norse gods don't work that way.

One of them was killed by a plant.
>>
>>341207084
In what way? She was straight up in love with Kratos and always tried to help him while also trying to make him see reason. And he cared for her too as he got very angry when she was killed.
>>
Does he have the same VA? I'm really bad at comparing those.
>>
All this has done is make me want to grow a beard and get fit.
>>
>Hey, guys, what if we make a shitty witcher clone? I'm sure people will love it
>>
>>341208063
>she was killed

you mean when he killed her
>>
>>341208063

I meant in legit lore, not necessarily the game.
>>
>>341208129
Yes
>>
>>341207221
He tried that before and murdered his family then blamed it on the gods
>>
>>341206729
I don't care how retarded the story is the boss fights would be fucking insane with Egyptian gods and monsters.

>Egyptian gods routinely mixed and merged with one another to form entirely new gods
>Horus and Set hate each other and pull Tom and Jerry bullshit on each other daily
>Ra so above the shit of the other gods he just surfs high in the sky on his boats keeping the Sun going on its journey through the sky and underworld every day
>whips Apophis, ass every night as that giant fucking snake of chaos tries to eat the sun daily
>>
If any of you bothered to watch the post conference interviews, they said that this is the Kratos that we know and love, and he's the only person you play, and it'll be explained in game why he's in Nordic lands now after the events of God of War 3.

This isn't a reboot.

I'm guess that the Nordic gods took over or some shit after Kratos wiped out the Olympians.
>>
>>341208029
he was immune to everything else, doofus
>>
>>341207547
Fucking perfect description.

>I want new GoW
>ok, but it'll be totally different, besides the MC(maybe lol)
>>
>>341208129
I don't think so
>>
>>341200051
I was looking for the scar in his stomach, but nigga's covered this time.
>>
>>341207739
So what Kratos is invading the Norse Pantheon because he already murdered all the greeks?
>>
>>341208301
Then why didn't they name it God of War 4 or something instead of just God Of War,
>>
>>341208176
He did it on accident and hated himself for it. He clearly loved her to some degree. He loved killing the others, he never wanted to kill her.
>>
>>341205967
The women at the brothels love it. If instincts kick in about wanting a strong protector for offspring, a man who killed numerous gods and became one is a pretty good candidate so long as you forget he accidentally killed his last wife and child during some pillaging attack.
>>
>>341200051
He has the same scars that kratos did before/during GOW1.

And the scar he got from being stabbed by Zues in Gow2 in the stomach.

Its him annon. They fucked him.
>>
>>341208161
Where are people getting the open world vibe from?
>>
File: 1454107876865[1].jpg (29 KB, 282x546) Image search: [Google]
1454107876865[1].jpg
29 KB, 282x546
>>341208259
>Free will is a myth. Religion is a joke. We are all pawns, controlled by something greater: Memes. The DNA of the soul. They shape our will. They are the culture. They are everything we pass on
>>
So have they spoken on the new combat system yet? I was absolutely disgusted initially, but I understand that the franchise has been around for a while and it could get old. I respect them for trying something different, but it just doesn't look all too engaging. I need some gameplay footage of Kratos with more tools or at least some details on how it's gonna be.

>>341208461
We already confirmed that here >>341202983
>>
>>341208398
Probably because the story of the previous games went in to the garbage bin

it will go like this

>ye well he killed gods but now he is here

There. Summary of 1 2 and 3
>>
>>341200495
It's like pottery.
Each costanza sort of rhymes with the last.

Hopefully it'll work out.
>>
All this talk of mythology makes me wonder.

Who here would play a Beowulf game?
>>
>>341208129
From the sound of it I don't think so. The difference is pretty noticeable when he is yelling.
This VA has more base in his voice while the original had more of a gravel.
>>
>>341206127
I thought it looked more dark souls esque
>>
>>341208314
So? He died. And his wife died too by throwing herself on his funeral pyre.

Norse Gods die. And they die wholesale during Ragnarok.
>>
>>341208551
I was thinking more about the camera and totally uninspired combat
with the exception that Witcher 2 was actually good and had interesting combat
>>
It IS Kratos, but he's going to die and his son Takes over as this world's God of War.

During the Demo whenever he taught his son something he gained experience. Plus this is obviously a tutorial meant to show the kid's angle then it will go to Kratos for a while and then have him switch off to the Son for the rest of the game.
>>
File: minotaur.jpg (32 KB, 610x381) Image search: [Google]
minotaur.jpg
32 KB, 610x381
>>341205781

Who are you trying to impress with this ecchi shit?
>>
>>341208258
fuck off ares it was your fault
he tried to stop pandora from opening the box in the end
the third one its the good one
>>
>>341200051
bruh, he has the same scar on his stomach from god of war 2. it's the same krator
>>
Normies will eat anything up. Zero need for this shit to be made.
>>
File: drinking_problem.jpg (59 KB, 708x574) Image search: [Google]
drinking_problem.jpg
59 KB, 708x574
That kid better be invincible or this shit will literally be impossible on the highest difficulty.

Nearly broke a controller on "that" part of the Ares battle on God.
Doing the translator escort scene on Titan makes Kratos's rage more relateable.

Speaking of difficulty, what do you think they'll be called this time?
>>
>>341206729
Can't wait to see my nigga Seth in action.
>>
Just rewatched it.

I think I really like it. The over the shoulder. The fewer enemies. The one-on-one with the troll. The father and son thing. I'm kind of excited.
>>
>>341208953
Ragnarok
>>
>>341208940
Watch /v/ defend everything about this game.
>>
File: 1462518754722.jpg (14 KB, 177x277) Image search: [Google]
1462518754722.jpg
14 KB, 177x277
>First trailer with MUH EMOTIONS and shit combat only to raise hype
>Second trailer with more focus on combat and we see Kratos open something with all the gore that GoW deserves.

This has to be it guys. R-right?
>>
>>341204541
He's taken it upon himself to ease his rage, he has no reason to be mad now that he literally changed the world but his rage is still ever present as shown when the kid fucked up the hunt and he immediately grabbed him and had to ease himself.
>>
>>341208609
There's not enough there to make a game out of. Just a lot of poetic descriptions of feasts. And the movies that have been done with it were all shit (I needn't remind anyone of the uncanny valley one with cg Angelina Jolie ass). You need more than the barebones nature of that story, and while yes it is one of the the oldest written fantasy stories, that doesn't necessarily make it ripe for adaptation.
>>
>>341208363
That's exactly whats happening.

Swam there after stabbing himself with the god killing sword at the end of 3.

The kid probably isn't even his real son, most likely adopted him after fucking his mom to death[/spoiler

Is it dumb? Eh.
I think there's bigger things to be worried about.
>>
Someone in another thread brought up an interesting idea. What if the kid is Loki?
>>
File: 1337456459020.jpg (46 KB, 500x341) Image search: [Google]
1337456459020.jpg
46 KB, 500x341
>>341207379
Thanks bud
>>341207412
Just a cup, lanyard, a shitty little place mat sized poster, and a nice little collectors card that for some reason I like. Also a code for some free credits on the ps store. Not sure what. I'll update in a sec
>>
>>341208551

For me, it was when the screen was like "Discovered Area."

I can't imagine a reason for showcasing that you've discovered a place unless it's a place you can return to outside of the main quest.

That's my take, anyway. That, combined with the method of movement and the kind of space Kratos and the kid were occupying make the game seem like it's not going to follow the same extremely linear pathways we're used to in GoW. It may not be fully open world but I'd expect something like Darksiders or Dark Souls where you have an explorable world.
>>
>>341208953
I honestly don't know how anyone could play GoW on any difficulty above hard, especially those sections. The challenges were insane enough. You have my sympathy.
>>
>>341209065
S
U
M
M
E
R
>>
>The son's bow shoots lightning

It's not Apollo's Bow or the wind bow of that one Titan, so what are the bets on his deity status?
>>
>>341203369
It's going to be weird playing without chain blades. Though I can understand why they'd change it up
>>
>>341209065
>having 2 enemies on screen and a troll is ok for GOW of all things
LEAVE
>>
Why do they have to do this?

Why did they have to force a different genre into this series that was already supposed to be finished?

Why didn't they just make a new IP?
>>
>>341209182
God of war had area name pop-ups before.
>>
Alright we seen more frosty meatier undead and a Frost Giant, wonder what other monsters are in store for us?
>>
>>341200051
Yeah no.
You think its really that common for angry guys to have their skin stained white with the ashes of their dead wives by the god of war?
>>
Nah bro. It's definitely Kratos from the past games. They're doing what Jaffe wanted to do originally - Kratos continues his fight with the Norse pantheon. The kid is going to be an AI companion who, as part of the gimmick, will "learn" over the course of the game. By the end, he'll be as effective at murder as Kratos.

I'm hype.
>>
File: 1449727515597.gif (799 KB, 200x189) Image search: [Google]
1449727515597.gif
799 KB, 200x189
>tfw he lifts Thor's hammer
>>
>>341209326
>Why did they have to force a different genre into this series that was already supposed to be finished?
>Force

You realize this has been in planning since the end of GoW III right? They were talking about the concept of him becoming a Norse God of War right after it came out.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 52

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.