[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How /v/ would make Resident Evil great again?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 3
File: sherryisqt.jpg (197 KB, 1680x1050) Image search: [Google]
sherryisqt.jpg
197 KB, 1680x1050
Some people didn't liked RE7 trailer
>It looks like a generic horror game
>When did Resident Evil was first person?
>VR is shit
>It doesn't even looks Resident Evil anymore

And a few other arguments. Some of them are valid points. Some of them are really fucking dumb, it just shows how you don't know the franchise, but anyway...

How would YOU make Resident Evil good again? More like RE4 or RE1? Which scenario? Which mechanics? Which game modes? How would you make a story that could fit in? Which characters? How would you try to recapture the survival horror feeling? Just tell, in your point of view, how Capcom could fix the franchise if they weren't retarded.
>>
>>341194596
I just want Claire from the RE CGI movies. That's all I want from this fucking franchise.
>>
>re4 is shown
>where are the zombies
>when the fuck was Resident evil a over the shoulder rooty rooty shooty game
>it doesnt even look like resident evil anymore
>>
There was a video about RE 4 early stages of development. And it looks good, with a good survival horror atmosphere. Some small parts from RE4 had a good survival horror feeling aswell. Some parts from Rev 1, Rev 2. Basically picking what each game had of survival horror and try to recreate that.
>>
>>341194596
I'd literally no joke fucking rub my balls and dick through broken glass and dive into a pool of salt just to sniff sherry's feces for 2 seconds
>>
>>341196065
And it felt similarly off-brand. It didn't feel like Resident Evil. There was no reason for e.g. little dolls to be running around and ghosts coming out of the walls.

That shit is cool. I like it. But don't call it Resident Evil, because it isn't.
>>
File: dfsdf.jpg (105 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
dfsdf.jpg
105 KB, 1920x1080
>>341194596
If RE7 is pretty much like REmake but in first person I'm all in. I just hope the game isn't a goddam walking simulator. I want to explore and backtrack to find keys and pick my battles carefully
>>
All you need is RE4 with a little less action and fewer resources. That's it.

RE has never been super gritty like that 7 teaser, and its never been 100% pure survival horror.
>>
>>341194596
This first person shit is fine if it has puzzles, tons of locked doors in a labyrintine map, limited inventory, limited ammo, shaky aim, upgrades, bosses, and RE style storytelling with melodrama and files and stuff.
>>
>>341197175
Its fine for RE to have different enemy types. That doesn't make it not RE.
>>
isn't there a demo out? why hasn't someone posted about it?
>>
>first person
Dropped.
>>
>>341198247
I don't own a console, so i'm also waiting for someone to upload a video. Fucking japs
>>
>>341198247
It's out. Just finished it. It's about the architect of the spencer mansion haunting the arklay forest, and the radiation from raccoon city is fucking up the peoples minds in the area
>>
>>341198596
That's actually a good story ideia imho
>>
>>341198127
>That doesn't make it not RE.

Yes it does. Despite the gameplay changes throughout the series, literally every Resident Evil game is about Umbrella and some version of the t-virus.

Ghosts and haunted dolls are great in Silent Hill or Fatal Frame, but have no place in an RE game.
>>
>>341198596
Post pics or fuck off
>>
File: Gameplay.jpg (57 KB, 600x400) Image search: [Google]
Gameplay.jpg
57 KB, 600x400
>>341194596
>How /v/ would make Resident Evil great again?

Restart the series from Resident Evil 1.5 (the one with Elza Walker) and go up from there.
>>
>>341194596
>generic horror game
what the fuck does that even mean we don't get enough horror games for generic to even be a thing
>>
>>341197175
I also agree that ghosts have nothing to do with RE. But i was talking about the atmosphere and overall feeling, not about the enemies.
>>
>>341199002
Never said i agree with any of those arguments i listed. Those are not mine, just look into any other RE7 thread and you'll see people saying that.
>>
>>341194596
i like the direction 4 and 5 went.

i like the campy crazy villains and fucked up mutants. i like the idea of creatures who's weaknesses aren't immediately apparent (puzzle enemies). i like the impossible action sequences (punch that boulder baby!).

think more dead space than resident evil.
>>
>>341194596
Atmosphere and quiet moments. Not this Outlast Youtube LP beggar trash. I want the atmosphere of the Mikami games, which effortlessly segued between eeriness and strange serenity.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dLX6reRrD88
>>
They have Umbrella Corps to scratch the action itch. VII looks interesting, it might suck but at least they did something new for the series.
>>
RE is dead. RE is gone now. No one at modern Capcom is capable of doing a RE game anymore.

And that's ok.

Just give me more mercenaries.
>>
Make a complete mechanical copy of RE6 but every area in the campaign should be like a small mercenaries stage on timer, with score meter and shit. Upgradable weapons and ammo purchase. Basically Dino Crisis 2 with RE6 mechanics. This would be glorious.

But crybaby contrarians who hate gameplay wanted walking simulator like the first RE, well they got it now, just in first person.

What, they complain again?

That's just the rotten nature of this crowd and the reason why you shouldn't have listened them in the first place.

They are not fans, it's just videogame SJW who will always complain about something to be special, and you will always be wrong.
>>
I really think those one shot characters they created were garbage...Ark Thompson and that one Kid Rock looking motherfucker on a boat...
>>
>>341194596

>How /v/ would make Resident Evil great again?

REmake 2.
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.