[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Be honest. What did you think?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 153
Thread images: 13
File: images-3.jpg (9 KB, 259x194) Image search: [Google]
images-3.jpg
9 KB, 259x194
Be honest. What did you think?
>>
>>341191546
I was really impressed
>>
The only actual gameplay shown at the fucking whole event.
>>
>>341191546
First CoD since MW I'm actually excited for. Holy fuck THEY FLOAT IN SPACE WITH SPACE MECHANICS
>>
>>341191546
Radical
>>
It looks cool and the space physics/technology is neat. Fuck COD babies who whine about sci-fi, fucking space nigga.
>>
It was really good imo, and I haven't given a shit about this series since 4. This is changing that.
>>
Looks great and I say this as a COD hater
>>
I was really impressed that there was sound in space.
>>
>>341191546
Cool but still not buying it
>>
Sony actually made it look good.

The multiplayer probably gonna suck but I'll get it for so singleplayer then sell it quick.
>>
I don't care about games that don't have nazi zombies. And BLOPS3 zombies looked boring. Looks like I'll be waiting for the next treyarch game
>>
I thought it looked really neat, I didn't even know it was Call of Duty for the first half or so, that's a positive in my book since it shows their attempt at doing something different and breaking the mould has worked.

Call of Duty has always been a guilty pleasure of mine. It's not deep or tactical or anything like that but it really doesn't need to be. It's got quick gameplay and it's easy to just jump in and kill people with explosions and shit going on. It's fast, mindless and arcadey fun and there's nothing wrong with that, people are far too snobbish when they dismiss it for these reasons.

Someone will call me a shill for saying this though so why does it matter.
>>
I hope they fucking learned from AW going into BO3, that enhanced mobility requires excellent map design or it makes the multiplayer a nonsensical shit fest. Really fucking sad that the best looking VR game for PS4 isn't even exclusive.
>>
>>341191546
I'll be honest this might be the first COD I buy ever. There aren't enough space battle fps games out there, and by not enough I mean there's basically fucking nothing good.
>>
all the sound in space was stupid. I get your suit simulating your gun sounds and shit, but what about people getting sucked out into space? how would it know what they're screaming and at what octaves?

I still want an other zero G FPS after the last one bombed though
>>
>>341192090
>WITH SPACE MECHANICS

>float in one direction until grapple
>bullets dont push you backwards
>you come to a stiff halt as soon as grapple comes out

I thought it looked good but the space physics fucking sucked
>>
>>341193268
There was still air around him to hear shit. And maybe it was just the noise of the air rushing out, since it's basically a wind storm.
>>
>sound in space
>>
>>341192797
It's not boring, I actually dislike it because they're adding way too much shit to it.
>>
>>341192797
Blops3 has like 5+ maps for zombies with the dlc, you're an idiot. Zombies is ass anyways though.
>>
Not falling for it. Big hat, no cattle.
>>
>>341193268
Think about a game that takes place mostly in the vacuum of space. Let's say 3 hours of space total out of a 7 hour campaign
3 hours of no audio. That sounds fucking awful.
>>
>>341193462
>bullets dont push you backwards

They have weapons now that have incredibly reduced recoil. Imagine what they would need to not fuck you up in space. Obviously the weapons are designed to not have recoil.
>>
Are they finally using a new fucking engine or something? This is legitimately the first CoD game since 4 where I couldn't tell it was CoD right off the bat.
>>
>>341193551
what purpose would simulating random explosions have anyways? not hearing that shit would be a nice change to avoid PTSD and crap. its not like you can avoid a blastwave once its already started anyways
>>
If you didn't get a rush from the hangar bay into a space armada battle you must be fucked in the head.

If they nailed a flight space sim formula I'll be getting this game without a doubt.

Even mildly interesting in multiplayer, I know I'd probably regret saying it but if they have gravity transitioning type fights with maps designed around it, I can be satisfied.

The fact they remastered an old game helps them get back to their roots as well, if it was the same team.
>>
>>341191546
I actually like it but with so many games doing the space thing right now COD loses a lot of its luster.
>>
>>341192051
Clearly you missed the Final Fantasy demo where the players had no idea how to fight the boss
>>
>>341193779
I would think the suit would simulate most of it, since sound is useful for saving your fucking life. Say it registers a flash or there's an AI checking around for gun flashes and mimics the sounds so you can effectively target enemies naturally.
>>
>>341192450
>ill get it for the singleplayer
No one likes the tuna here.
>>
does nobody realize that CoD is nothing but DLC and season passes, with microtransactions?

That's what keeps such an irrelevant game alive

it's pure cancer
>>
>>341194025
that wasnt the sony presentation though. that was in the xbox one. right? its all blending for me
>>
File: image.jpg (141 KB, 720x1280) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
141 KB, 720x1280
As someone who buys it every year it looks cool but not anything new. The guns look nice and futuristic, the captain lady's voice acting is really good, I'm excited to see Jon snow, cod doesn't really wow me anymore but it's still fun to play. Never been interested in space battles.

The mw remake looks dope tho that game is a classic, the music, the tone, it's all very grounded and real feeling.
>>
>>341191546
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CqsU5nWLguU

This did it better. Shame it's dead and came out at a shitty transitional time with Windows and DirectX exclusivity.
>>
>>341193869
The suit would probably dull the sound enough for you to not be concussed but still have the boom so you know that there was a fucking explosion.
>>
The setting looks interesting but in the end it will be the same bullshit that CoD is every year. I might borrow it from a friend for a day to play the campaign but that's it.
>>
>>341194101
This. A million times this. Left me with buyers remorse on advanced warfare. Not happening again. Sorry actishill.
>>
>>341193462
Those aren't bullets, retard. You can't use standard modern bullets because the heat can't disperse from the gun. Plus think for a second, these assholes are trained and have tactics for this shit, obviously they wouldn't come equipped with bullet based guns.
>>
>>341192450
Imagine if it was just Battlefront 2's space mode but better graphics etc. I'd kill for that
>>
>>341193793
Sounds like a copout to me, bud. Also, sound in space?
>>
File: Screenshot_35.png (775 KB, 1254x673) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_35.png
775 KB, 1254x673
So what can be taken from the trailer it appears as though the game will have some sort of hub like gameplay. Think mass effect 3 and dragon age inquisition where you have a central "base" from which you can choose what missions to do and such.

Other things I noticed is the brief space fight appears to be a lot like how combat worked in ace combat assault horizon. Where you can freely fly around and then lock onto targets to go into a sort of dogfighting mode.
>>
more hype for CoD4 online. I can only assume the maps are 1:1 and it doesn't do anything stupid with the perks and killstreaks to ruin it
>>
>>341191546
The first part where you get into the ship and shit was cool as fuck, but when you get inside it was just standard cod gameplay but this time in space.
>>
Evacuating an atmosphere wouldn't also evacuate gravity
>>
>>341194101
I'm going to wait for reviews of the multiplayer and just download the singleplayer to see if it feels alright. If the MP is good I might buy it
>>
zero gravity battles looked stupid everything has interesting when there inside the space station
>>
>>341193618
Would you rather have it mute?
>>
>>341193779
>>341194065
This. It should simulate everything it possibly can so you can retain situational awareness
>>
SHOOTAN IN SPACE

I will say this was the first CoD game that looked like it might be using something other than the traditional IWTech engine platform. The textures and lighting looked legitimately fresh for the series.
>>
>>341194579
see >>341194065

Also add in that you can train ground ops and space ops the same way
>>
>>341191546
did the original trailer for this game get a ton of dislikes and such? what happened? i don't play cod games
>>
>>341193679
This. I like being able to get to wave 25 without having to find the seven golden dildoes of Akhenaten and spray molten tungsten semen on a glass vagina door to get to the pack a punch.
>>
>>341194478
I just never buy the DLC, because the DLC maps (Other than those form IW, because nostalgia, such as terminal in MW3) are always trash.
>>
Im really looking forward to 360 degree zero gravity strategy where you have to think from all angles during the fight
Too bad it wont actually happen though
>>
>>341191546
I legit didn't even know it was CoD and was wondering what new game this was.

I am impressed
>>
>>341194249
>CoD
>Can hear gun sounds, explosions, and people screaming in the vacuum of space and there's no explanation of it.
>Shattered Horizon
>All related sounds but your heartbeat and the suit's internals are sounds generated by the suit to provide a more "realistic" environment for the user.
>You can even turn the suit off and see that firing the gun creates no sound other than the sound of movement recoiling through your suit.
>Turning off the suit even makes the heads up display on enemies' suits think you're dead and don't put a marker on you.

I wish this game didn't die.
>>
>>341194992
Again, a cop out. That post is even more cancerous than IW actually ignoring the community's cries for BotG.
>>
>Dice gets cocky and lets focuses a stream around absolute shitters and refuse to show the legitimately good players in an unfinished game
>Looks like absolute dogshit, they dont even have the vehicle destruction finished

>IW plays it safe and shows off campaign gameplay
>Good looking space combat unlike shit like Halo Reach and other FPS's that tried it that went straight into grappling hook space shooting
>It looks fantastic

i
am
laffin
>>
>>341195171
I knew it was based on how they directed the dialogue. Always the same in every CoD.
>>
>>341195171
I really thought it was Squadron 42 for a second
>>
>>341195010
lol'd
>>
>>341191546
It's CoD... In space. Don't care.
>>
>>341195336
How is that a cop out? It's probably what would actually happen in reality. You don't want recoiling weapons and you want mimiced sounds so you can naturally dodge and aim at shit instead of having to rely on tactical displays and such. How is any of that a cop out?
>>
>>341195171
This. I was getting hyped once I realized it was CoD i was kinda blown away
>>
>>341195321
>and there's no explanation of it
it's probably the same fucking explanation they gave SH you dumb butt
>>
Looked impressive.
Everyone is memeing on
>lol COD but in SPACE!
but honestly this might just be the move that COD needed.
>>
>>341195398
Yeah, but you are comparing CoD to Halo and calling it good. That's a no-no right there. CoD shouldn't look like a good Halo game. It should looking like a good CoD game.
>>
>>341195664
>Implying they'll bother doing that when dudebros don't give a shit about space physics.
>>
>>341195171
I was the exact opposite. Am I on bizzaro-/v/ or something?
>"This shit looks exactly like CoD except it's in space, maybe some kinda copycat?"
>ends up actually being CoD
>"Well that was underwhelming"
>>
>>341195892
anon all they have to do is give a throwaway line. Dudebros being dumb doesn't matter because they don't even play single player
>>
>>341195871
Im talking about FPS's that dabbled in space combat. IW's actually looks good.
>>
CoD in space featuring Scorpion
>>
File: gc5Bh8UU.jpg (12 KB, 256x256) Image search: [Google]
gc5Bh8UU.jpg
12 KB, 256x256
everything looks exactly the same COD wise minus the theme. Also gerge gets ipad cause we futuristic n sheeit
>>
File: 1377514231271.jpg (42 KB, 330x330) Image search: [Google]
1377514231271.jpg
42 KB, 330x330
>>341191546
I honestly thought it was just an on rails VR shooter and tuned out to catch up with the shitposts.
>>
CoD's longevity is based on multiplayer. I hope they don't sacrifice proper map design for mobility like AW did
>>
>>341195609
It's a copout because it's not even remotely realistic, just like this autism of "ground battles" in zero gravity. It's fucking retarded. All of it. They, along with ME Andromeda with humanity needing to go to a whole new fucking galaxy to survive have made a new gaming genre beyond Science Fiction, it's just Science Autism now because it's that unrealistic and retarded. Even if there is zero recoil you are still going to move in zero gravity. recoil has zero to do with backwards motion. We are talking about a zero gravity vacuum with a gun propelling tons of ammunition incredibly fast. You'd have to be retarded to think that the trailer made any sense.
>>
>>341194249
>Shooting an enemy's oxygen tank causes it to explode and cause decompression that kills the enemy instantly.
>The explosion even pushes back people.

You think this CoD would do that?
>>
>>341196707
Honestly AW had solid map design compared to the main competitor (Titanfall).
>>
>>341191546
looked good, CoD doesnt deserve to look good
>>
>>341197063
Honestly I never thought they'd make a CoD like this when so much of the community begged for boots on the ground. Anything is possible.
>>
It took me forever to realize it was a COD demo.
>>
They played their cards right this time.

>No in-your-face music
>Solid gameplay
>Waited until the end to tell you what game it was (though it was pretty obvious)
>>
>>341191546
I'm kinda shocked. I'll keep my eye on it and wait to see how it is after release. Looks not bad.
>>
>>341191546
The part with the jets was cool as fuck.
And then they got out of them.
And then I wanted Ace Combat 7.
>>
File: 1465528100612.gif (985 KB, 320x240) Image search: [Google]
1465528100612.gif
985 KB, 320x240
>watch the stream
>get pretty hype after looking at the 0 g and grappling
>watch gameplay later
>everything besides grappling and 0 g looks boring as fuck
>dog fighting is linear as shit and has fucking dfm in it
>>
>>341197629
>Ace Combat in space
yeah. nah. not even as a final mission would I want that
>>
>>341197874
You stupid nigger
>>
>>341191546
it was one of the most interesting things in E3 which says a lot. Would play and probably enjoy.
>>
>>341192051
>resident evil
>GoW
>days gone

ok
>>
It looked impressive, but CoD always has an impressive demo and in the end it's always just another CoD
>>
>>341197136
>Fly into room
>Get shot from below
>sneak in
>Get shot from above
>check corners and look through a door
>Guy comes from one of the other 6 doors in the room
>>
>>341191546
BSG Ripoff. I have to play it.
>>
>>341197321
>When so much of the community begged for boots on the ground.

Those guys are gonna have a hell of a headache if the game was anything like Shattered Horizon. Considering in space there is no real up or down you can be attacked by guys standing on the "ceiling" or looking at your feet directly below you. It was truly a unique experience, but disorienting experience. I miss the neat gunfights between Moon Miners who accidentally fucked up the Moon (and by effect the Earth big time) and basically NASA on that torn apart ISS.
>>
>instead of a zombies mode its a starship troopers mode against hordes of alien bugs
sign me up. I can't believe I unironically want a CoD. I sound like a fucking shill right now
>>
>>341198873
>its a starship troopers mode
Wait is this real
>>
>>341198368
as opposed to camping in a corner for half of the match
>>
I'll buy it
>>
Zdfghh
>>
>>341197874
Already happened in Ace Combat 3.
>>
>>341198873
Anon don't leave us hanging, where did you hear it?
>>
I had no idea it was CoD, probably wasn't paying attention.
Looked really cool. I haven't played nor looking at a call of duty since mw3 because that game was utter shit and never trusted the franchise again.
>>
>>341203530
I thought it was Mass Effect or something at first. Legit impressed.
>>
>>341202196
That was a mode in Ghosts
>>
Infinity Ward games have been questionable since MW2. After Black Ops 3 the series has reached peak retard and I don't see Infinity Ward of all people being the ones to outdo it.
>>
>>341194191
>that game is a classic
yeah, a classic example on how to abort a series
>>
>>341198368
I mean you're clearly an autist, but still better map design than titanfall.
>>
I liked the more open level design. The fact that you can find alternate paths through floating debris was nice. I hate Call of Duty games with closed and super railroaded level design (Black Ops 2 being the worst offender), and on the flipside I love more open level design.

I find it odd that a captain would be on the front lines though. Besides being able to choose missions I see no reason to have us be a captain.
>>
>>341204171
We can leave that job to Sledgehammer.
IW looks pretty neat, shoot me.
>>
>>341194964
Dude, they got new engine custom made since advanced warfare. It looks incredible.
>>
>>341204171
I know a lot of people hated Ghosts but I feel it was the best game in the series post MW2.
>>
>>341191546
I was pretty impressed.
Certainly did not expect CoD to pop out.
I'm really considering playing it, and I hate the franchise
>>
>>341204183
Umm, are you retarded? CoD 4 made the series the most successful FPS of all time. there was nothing to abort before it. Please go back to /b/ you cancerous fuck.
>>
>>341204686
MW3 is literally MW2 with like two less good maps at launch and ugly red dots. At least they did away with one man army and danger close.
>>
It actually looked pretty good
>>
No thanks, I'll rather go with Titanfall 2
>>
>>341204718
The series was successful since the first game.

Hell, it had a shitload of pre-release hype. I remember getting a demo disc for the first game before it came out. I then spent the next couple months trying to sequence break the level in the demo.
>>
floating in space sounds like a horrid multiplayer fps mechanic
>>
>>341204637
Uhh, they say that every year buddy. It's never exactly innovative.
>>
File: 048.png (20 KB, 235x235) Image search: [Google]
048.png
20 KB, 235x235
>>341191546
>TFW CoD has 6DoF shooter segments

As a fan of Colony Wars, I feel so conflicted.
>>
Honestly, I was not keen to the idea of a CoD Ghosts 3.0, but the E3 trailer led me to the idea of a different game entirely. I didnt even think it was a CoD game until the actual gun combat started. I liked it. Definitely not paying $80 for it though.
>>
>>341204910
You seem to have me confused with someone who cares about the multiplayer.
>>
>>341191546
samefags. samefags everywhere.
>>
>>341205032
Righttt, see the massive jump post CoD 3. CoD was a decently well know PC game before Modern Warfare, then it became a console juggernaut. http://moneynation.com/how-much-money-has-every-call-of-duty-game-made/
>>
>>341194579
Would you REALLY want realistic space gun fight, SOUND wise? It'd be your character yelling and grunting in his suit with nothing but dead silence, How fun and stimulating would that be?
>>
>>341205180
You seem to have CoD confused with a series that gives a single fuck about anything but multiplayer.
>>
File: 1464474473085.png (797 KB, 812x806) Image search: [Google]
1464474473085.png
797 KB, 812x806
I thought it looked cool
>>
>>341205398
what does MW or Jump heights have to do with MicroG combat being good?
>>
>>341205403
No, I don't want CoD in space because it's retarded. I wanted boots on the ground.
>>
>>341205560
I remember a time with the multiplayer was a tacked on bonus to what has been since the beginning a singleplayer series.
>>
>>341198338
dad of war doesn't HAVE gameplay, it's yet another walk forward then scripted boringness moviegame
>>
>>341191546
looks fucking great

I wish they showed this and not that garbage trailer earlier
>>
>>341205560
They put alot of money into those SP campaignes and I enjoy them much more and for much longer than the MP when I buy them 3 years down the line on G2A
>>
>>341205629
I honestly don't know what you're talking about. We were discussing CoD becoming a juggernaut due to CoD 4.
>>
>>341205403
You'd still hear something. No way you couldn't hear things impacting with your suit or the gun recoiling against you. There's no vacuum between you and those specific sounds.
>>
>>341205721
You already have several of them, why make them make the same game but worse when they can try something new? the old CoDs dont just vanish you know
>>
>>341205761
And you remember a time when CoD was irrelevant. Multiplayer made it a big deal.
>>
>>341205916
?
>>341205032
>>
>>341206063
Go try to play an old CoD. Seriously, try it. You can't because there are hackers in every lobby ruining the game. Soa very large portion of the community wants to go back to what made CoD so great.
>>
Would buy/preorder if I had anything I could play it on, still stuck on the last gen xbox. Was pretty hyped by the initial trailer too.
>>
>>341206083
Call of Duty was never irrelevant. It was a big deal before the first game even came out.
>>
>>341206330
I just joined a CoD2 match in it a week ago, there were helicopters and other tomfoolery but I didnt see any hackers
>>
Is there anything worse than no sound in space obsessed autists? Anti-mechfags come close.
>>
>>341192051
>Press conference starts LITERALLY with gameplay of God of War

WEW LAD
>>
File: RipeKindConure.webm (2 MB, 1440x810) Image search: [Google]
RipeKindConure.webm
2 MB, 1440x810
>>341205043
I'm serious. It's a custom in-house engine developed by

"The game became the first entry in theCall of Dutyseries sinceCall of Duty 2to feature a game engine that has had its majority re-written and built from scratch"

Pirate advanced warfare and play some of the campaign. It doesn't have that old "IW Tech" shine.
>>
File: 1457262495548.webm (3 MB, 960x540) Image search: [Google]
1457262495548.webm
3 MB, 960x540
>CoD
>has you space dogfighting around a giant cruiser, hopping out, zero gravity/sideways gunfighting, and being able to grapple people and rip their fucking helmets off

>Battlefield 1
>WW1 Battlefield 4

Take a guess which one people hate, and which one people love.
>>
>>341206910
What they have speakers in their suits/helmets
>>
>>341206910
Mechs>Mecha
>>
>>341191546
seemed fun im probably going to hold off buying it for a while
>>
>>341192925
fuck off shill
>>
File: 1449864348841.jpg (102 KB, 775x1523) Image search: [Google]
1449864348841.jpg
102 KB, 775x1523
>>341191546
It looks like a slower and shittier Titanfall 2.
>Fell for Ghosts
>Fell for Advanced Warfare
>Fell for Black Ops 3
I'm done of being tricked, the gameplay's always the same and is just slow and shitty compared to Titanfall. They can't make me care about CoD again.
>>
File: 1361534083503.gif (2 MB, 533x300) Image search: [Google]
1361534083503.gif
2 MB, 533x300
>FPS
>console
>>
>>341209626
Welcome to 2016. Where you can literally play on a PS4 using a mouse and keyboard. Makes for a hilarious advantage against everyone else in a multiplayer FPS though who gives a fuck. Fuck controllerfags when it comes to FPS.
Thread replies: 153
Thread images: 13

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.