[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Star Citizen
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 5
File: star citizen dl.png (575 KB, 1099x549) Image search: [Google]
star citizen dl.png
575 KB, 1099x549
Heard about the alpha 2.4 update so decided to download this game once again

What does /v/ think of it? Is it ever going to be released?
>>
it's got a pretty significant base now, I'd say the scam screamers are pretty much btfo, which is why all star citizen threads die in a few posts now.
>>
Every time I see this game mentioned I feel like there is nothing really noteworthy to say about it. I tried it a few months ago and while there was a lot of cool stuff, the flight tutorial was almost unplayable until I got outside the hanger. Framerate was fine the program itself would just freeze for 30 seconds every time something happened for some reason.

Plus it's taking forever. Whatever happened to marine commander? I remember last summer they were talking about it constantly, now I see nothing about it at all.
>>
>>341164016
they actually just disabled the tutorial because it was so fucking broken that it was scaring people off; the rest of the game is in much better shape. it was actually the star citizen reddit that started a shitposting campaign to get enough recognition that they finally greyed out the option.
>>
File: 1465771727427.jpg (72 KB, 540x515) Image search: [Google]
1465771727427.jpg
72 KB, 540x515
desu the chances of the full game being released is still up in the air. However, if it does get released it will be absolutely huge, so might as well donate and get one of the basic ships.

Personally I'm ok with it taking a while, I'd rather have a good game later than a broken smorgasbord now.
>>
>>341164016
oh and star marine was pretty much axed; the company they outsourced it to shit the bed, got fired and they scrapped everything they did and started again.
>>
File: Parkinsons.webm (993 KB, 960x540) Image search: [Google]
Parkinsons.webm
993 KB, 960x540
>>341166164
>I'd rather have a good game later than a broken smorgasbord now.
through the magic of early access we get both!
>>
>>341166417
Jesus.

That explains why all mention of it basically disappeared. Kinda sad really, star citizen having fun gunplay and cool fps weapons is one of the biggest points determining whether I'll buy or not. I don't plan on giving them a cent until it's done though so I'm gonna be a corpse by then anyway.
>>
>>341167362
well that was the main problem; what they made was janky and not fun. they just showed this off though, so they're getting back up to where they want to be with FPS. hell technically you can do this in game now, it's just limited by netcode issues. haven't played the current version but with the fleshed out criminal/bounty hunting system it sounds pretty fun as it is currently. I'm just sad they nixed max wanted level criminals getting booted from the server on death, I thought that was hilarious.
>>
File: pN6pMhA.png (581 KB, 1281x753) Image search: [Google]
pN6pMhA.png
581 KB, 1281x753
CIG makes more money keeping this "game" in pre-alpha, so they can keep selling pre-orders for DLC ships
>>
File: 0g.webm (3 MB, 1066x602) Image search: [Google]
0g.webm
3 MB, 1066x602
>>341169795
>they just showed this off
ahem. this.

>>341171070
yeah they've missed two of those deadlines and hit the rest. I guess the world is over.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.