[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Seriously? Is that it? A 10 minute demo? The game runs like shit
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 188
Thread images: 14
Seriously? Is that it? A 10 minute demo? The game runs like shit and plays like shit btw. Thanks for the demo, not gonna buy this piece of shit.
>>
>My computer can't run a moderate game
>Not buying this shit, or any other shit that came out after The Sims 2
>>
>>341140347
I tried to warn people, but they considered me a b8 / shit-taste / nostalgiafagget / all of these.

The game's a consolized "Brutal Painkiller RPG", with 12 enemy limit on the screen and endless '''''cinematic''''' finishers.
>>
>>341140347
Yea it's not for everyone. Cool of them to throw out a demo for people to get their hands on and at least try it though
>>
>>341140347

still waiting on that crack
>>
>>341141383
for how many days is it available again?
>>
>>341141368
The game is already difficult with 12 characters on screen, and you don't have to do the finishers, faggot. You can pretend they don't exist, or perform them once in awhile for fun.
>>
>>341141553
A week i believe
>>
>>341141368
they were right though.
>>
>>341141615
yea you can turn the glorykill indicators off if you want to
>>
>>341140347
>Wahh why is my demo a demo
>>
>>341141615
>and you don't have to do the finishers, faggot.
Way to prove you only ever played on the babby difficulties. The whole game is designed AROUND the Glory Kills, as it's apparently 2much/work4tehplayers to look up limited supplies on maps these days.

>You can PRETEND the game to be good!
Wow, just like every other AAA crap released in the past decade!

I can't wait for Sam4 to come out and BTFO of D44M and it's console limitations.
>>
How long until a price drop? Wolfenstein was 40 bucks after a few months, will this be the same?
>>
The enemies just stand there waiting for you to shoot them on ultraviolence. Nightnare was locked. Does it get better in nightmare.
>>
>>341140347

The game runs extremely well even though I don't have a monster machine so fuck you. They did however choose the wrong level to demo the game, because the first level is really meh compared to the Foundry which is great.
>>
>>341142019
No. You just die out of two hits, meaning more literally running circles to kite the mob.
>>
>>341141924
The half life demo was 5 times as long as this and wasnt just a level in the game but you wouldn't know that would you.
>>
>>341141939
>The whole game is designed AROUND the Glory Kills

not in the highest difficulties anon. Watch the world first ultra-nightmare run. he rarely if ever uses the glory kills, because it stops your movement.
>>
>>341142019
Projectile enemies are more challenging. They're very accurate with their shots.
>>
>>341140347
Runs fine on my machine!
Game would play much better if you had more shotgun ammunition and the game wasn't balanced around glory killing.
>>
>>341141368
"Although I have never played this game I will act unabashedly retarded by speaking like I have."
>>
Reminded me of Hard Reset except Hard Reset was better and had better aesthetics. Not that it was great or anything.
>>
>>341141939

>The whole game is designed AROUND the Glory Kills

It's actually the other way around, executions are training wheels on lower difficulties.
>>
File: 1424890482319.jpg (476 KB, 800x800) Image search: [Google]
1424890482319.jpg
476 KB, 800x800
>get a demo of the game
>"Oh cool, people can now play for themselves and see if they like it!"
>its of the worst, most linear level in the game with only a single real weapon available that doubles as a tutorial more than anything
The marketing team for this game deserves to be fired, they've done nothing but actually degrade the game's image instead of trying to help it.
>>
>>341142593
There is literally no reason not to glory kill. It saves ammo and it gives you free HP. Not using them is sub-optimal.
>>
>>341141939
>Way to prove you only ever played on the babby difficulties
way to spot the shitter
i did a no glory kill run in uv, it's totally doable because higher difficulty dont increase the demon count.
a good rocket at low health give you 100 health. a glory kill give you 40 at max and give the demons time to surround your ass
the only thing they (arguably) force on you is the chainsaw. but enemies drop ammos manually anyway.
ask draqu how he play the damn game then go back here to sprout your worthless opinion
>>
>>341142254
>balanced around glory killing.

It isn't. I played through the game without using melee at all. You don't have to use glory kills at all. After just 30 minutes of playing I didn't even miss the glory kills. It works just fine with just he guns.
>>
>shotgun
>20 ammo limit

Lol dropped
>>
>>341142019
it isnt locked.
>>
>>341142272
>le "u haven't even plaid teh gaem" meme
I thought the shills had already left. I guess E3 and demo brought 'em back.

>>341142593
you got that backwards.
On lower difficulties, you don't need to bother with GKs. On higher ones, they're an essential way of saving ammo, getting supplies, and actually countering damage as well, thanks to the idiotic invincibility frames.

And don't get me even started with the Chainsaw, which is just fucking OP and ruined for good.

Both saw and GKs also completely ruin the pacing of the game.

>inb4 "b-but they're sooo brief!!!"
>>
>>341142716
>i-its a good game.. honest
>>
>>341142750
you've clearly not played the hardest difficulties. glory kills become more harm than good. if you stop moving, you're pretty much dead, and glory kills stops your movement. trust me, it doesn't work
>>
>>341142818
Nah, glory killing gives you a break from getting shot at, gives you extra health, saves time and ammunition.
At least that's what I got from the demo.
>>
>>341142716
>The marketing team for this game deserves to be fired
It's a miracle the game turned out the way it did after all they showed off was nothing but the shitty outsourced MP mode.

IIRC id themselves regrets outsourcing it and is taking it over entirely now
>>
File: 1258897035978.jpg (133 KB, 800x427) Image search: [Google]
1258897035978.jpg
133 KB, 800x427
>>341142779
>a good rocket at low health give you 100 health
not him, but WHAT?
You get fucking full HP for blowing up enemies with explosives? Why the fuck??
>>
>>341142750
there's more than enough ammo/health scattered around the levels m8, if you were ever pressured to use it at any point it means that you're just bad at the game.
>>
>>341142836
You can upgrade ammo limits.
>>
>>341143067
I played on the hard difficulty. I used them to give me free HP all the time. Basically what this guy says >>341142984.
>>
>>341142205
They're a reliable way to get health back after exhausting what's on the map.

It's just that on Ultra-Nightmare, every hit can take off huge chunks of health.

I've not died because of doing a glory kill on Ultra-Nightmare, I usually die because making a whole bunch of mistakes after screwing up once. When I don't fuck jumps up, mostly because playing Doom on a card too weak for it is true suffering and the low FPS totally fucks with timing double-jumps.

If push comes to shove you can also gib enemies for health if you're low and don't want to glory-kill.

Get the feeling a lot of people would prefer gibbing to give the 5 HP all the time and not only at low HP.
>>
clocked in 30 minutes, that included adjusting the graphics to get a solid 60 at all time.
im on a gtx960 2gb and i5 760, so i shouldnt have the smoothest ride, but i managed since the gtx960 isnt so shabby
>>
>>341142984
>saving ammo
why the fuck do you save ammo? high diff has the exact same number of demons as low diff. do you miss every fucking shot?
>countering damage
just run around and spam explosive, holy shit.

you are just shit at the game.
>>
>>341143191
and that does not bother you one bit?
>>
File: 1441457893041.jpg (89 KB, 651x720) Image search: [Google]
1441457893041.jpg
89 KB, 651x720
>>341143180
>ur just bad

Epic argument. Cat is out of the bag. We all know what the game is now you can stop the act. It's okay that you like it, I certainly didn't hate it, but the time when you can merely postulate it's the best shit ever because you spent $60 on it and I didn't has come and gone.
>>
>>341143220
yea, i'm talking about nightmare/ultra-nightmare. if anything, they didn't adjust them correctly for the hardest difficulties. you're better off killing enemies normally when you're at low health, since enemies will still drop health.
>>
You tried a demo, didn't like it and as such didn't buy it. There is literally no reason at all to be assblasted about it
>>
>>341143163
when you are at <20 hp normal kill give 30 hp compare to 40 you can get with glory kill.
the 40 guarantee that every further gk only give you 5 and normal kill give you none
so if you can kill 3 enemies at low hp, you get all your health back.
>>
>>341143432
Shut the fuck up. I'm so tired of being disrespected on this goddamn website. All I wanted to do was post my opinion. MY OPINION. But no, you little bastards think it's "hilarious" to mock those with good opinions. My opinion. while not absolute, is definitely worth the respect to formulate an ACTUAL FUCKING RESPONSE AND NOT JUST A SHORT MEME OF A REPLY. I've been on this site for 4 years: 4 YEARS and I have never felt this wronged. It boils me up that I could spend so much time thinking and putting effort into things while you shits sit around (probably jerking off to Gardevoir or whatever furbait you like) and make fun of the intellectuals of this world. I've bored you? Good for fucking you. Literally no one cares that your little brain is to underdeveloped and rotted to comprehend my idea...MY GREAT GREAT IDEA. I could sit here all day whining, but I won't. I'm NOT a whiner. I'm a realist and an intellectual. I know when to call it quits and to leave the babybrains to themselves. I'm done with this goddamn site and you goddamn immature children. I have lived my life up until this point having to deal with memesters and idiots like you. I know how you work. I know that you all think you're
"epik trolls" but you're not. You think you baited me? NAH. I've never taken any bait. This is my 100% real opinion divorced from anger. I'm calm, I'm serene. I LAUGH when people imply I'm intellectually low enough to take bait. I always choose to reply just to spite you. I won. I've always won. Losing is not in my skillset. So you're probably gonna reply "lol epik trolled" or "u mad bro" but once you've done that you've shown me I've won. I've tricked the trickster and conquered memery. I live everyday growing stronger to fight you plebs and low level trolls who are probably 11 (baby, you gotta be 18 to use 4chan). But whatever, I digress. It's just fucking annoying that I'm never taken serious on this site, goddamn.
>>
>>341141368
No the game was good, it had a lot of flaws but it was a well made and reasonably fast paced game. Easilly worthy of the title of modern doom.
>>
>>341143534
There is, I wanted to like it. I wanted an enjoyable FPS.
>>
File: 1465090261782.jpg (19 KB, 413x395) Image search: [Google]
1465090261782.jpg
19 KB, 413x395
>>341143432
holy shit I remember you, you're that butthurt weeb that capped his own posts because no one was giving you any attention.
>>
>>341143163
Because gibbing enemies gives you a fighting chance if you're on low health.

Normally only glory-kills make enemies give you HP, and that's all the time. By dodging enemies and using it you can kill your way back to 100%. Gibbing only applies at low health. On higher difficulties it usually gives you back enough to take a minor hit but not 100%.
>>
File: Untitled.png (45 KB, 263x123) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
45 KB, 263x123
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v3OY0hDt5Sw

This guy is 100% right.
>>
>>341143534
>an over-hyped game is praised left and right as the savior of the vidya and the genre
>it's actually mediocre console trash with couple now unorthodox designs

There's a good reason to shake people up.
And don't even try to start some "don't like it? don't post!" shit
>>
>>341143794
I'm sure I won't be able to shatter this delusion but no you don't and no I didn't.
>>
>>341143516
>you're better off killing enemies normally when you're at low health, since enemies will still drop health.

Gibbing enemies gives you health. Fortunately the game has regenerating grenades for some reason.
>>
>not a single good game that uses uncracked denuvo

Denuvo is a warning sign of a shit game.
>>
>>341143667
>>341143798
>killing random enemies literally grants you HP
Just wow. They might've just as well put a regenerating HP in, as this is just as fucking disgusting shit.

Glad to know I'm better off not paying for this shit, and calling anyone who claim D4 to be a "return to the roots" a huge moron.
>>
i just like constantly murdering shit mindlessly

its better than all the other trash FPS's nowadays
>>
it just felt so strange to me

the enemies don't respond to gunfire

i fired a shotgun blast at an imp, and his model didnt even MOVE, it wasn't interrupted or stunned or anything.

Doom was always about how the gunplay and gameplay felt, and it just feels really shittywhen enemies don't react to being fucking shot.

The first fucking doom had enemies who were stunned and stuff when shot, but not killed.

glorykills are fucking dumb, stupid shit.

All they had to do was copy brutal doom. That's what the kids liked. Not saying it was good, but make a modern looking brutal doom and bam, free money.

This new doom game is shit and feels like garbage. Its like quake 4, all the guns feel like pew pew bullshit and not the raw, meaty experience of the super shotgun doom 2 had.
>>
>>341144129
>They might've just as well put a regenerating HP in
with regen hp you dont have to risk shit. you just run/hide and the game conform to you.
with kill hp, you have to risk your life for full hp or risk a little for 40 hp. and you still have to run to their corpses and pick up the health pack.
but hey, what do /v/ know about video games.
>>
>>341144181
>implying anybody care about story or tactic in modern fps campaign
>>
>>341144129
It really isn't, considering you only get a slither of HP back per kill on the highest difficulties. You usually need to herd a bunch of weaksauce enemies together like the Zombies or Imps to pull off what >>341143667 mentioned, at low health where one of them coughing on you can kill you.

And while you might be working off of the original Doom when you make that comparison, the game is fast-paced, usually keeps cutscenes to the minimum (though they should have made some stuff skippable) and its form of "regenerating health" involves you having to earn it via kills and not just sucking your thumb behind cover.

It's better than everything else on the market. Whether or not you choose to interpret that as "Doom is good" or "Doom is a 2/10 when everything else is 1/10" is up to you.
>>
>>341143861
k
>>
>>341144292
>i fired a shotgun blast at an imp, and his model didnt even MOVE, it wasn't interrupted or stunned or anything.
They jump around a lot, so stunning them like that would make them really easy.
>>
Call of duty advanced warfare campaign is legitimately a better shooter. Haven't played black ops 3, but that is probably better as well since it has the same exo suit stuff.
>>
>>341141368
Finishers aren't really relevant when you can just shoot them
>>
>>341143821
5 minutes in and hes been wrong about mostly everything except for how the game tries to make you feel like a badass.

I'm guessing this is the same kind of guy that thinks fun is artificial.
>>
>>341144292
It interrupt them all the time, especially useful when they do the fireball charge, unless they are hanged on a wall just because.
>>
>>341140347
>Thanks for the demo
Same, now I feel perfectly comfortable calling people who say good things about this game complete retards.

It's amazing how they managed it but their pinata mechanic is actually worse than regenerating hp.
>>
>>341144292
Get closer. Staggering enemies requires relatively close range with the Shotgun.

Imps also sometimes stagger from getting hit by charged Pistol shots. Everything you get later on in the game utterly wrecks their ass. The Heavy Assault Rifle and Plasma Rifle pretty much lock them down completely and other weapons usually kill them in a single shot.

As >>341145087 said the only time they're uninterruptible is when they're clinging to walls. id should've made it so it really fucks them up if you shoot the hand/arm they're doing it with.
>>
I mean it's basically Doom with modern graphics. There's really nothing else to it other than some gimmicks like upgrades and kill moves, but it's Doom to it's core.

Surprise surprise, game design from 1993 doesn't hold up to today's standards. Nobody cares about secrets, large maps or lots of guns, sorry Nostalgiacucks.
>>
>>341142750
>Held in place so you can get fucked over with positioning since enemies from far away will close the distance when you glory kill
>Possessed Soldiers will prepare their ball shot if you do glory kills in front of them and will spam them sometimes
Possessed Soldiers are the only enemy that do this
>>
>20 fucking GB for 1 level
>>
>>341144292
you played one level with one weapon you unbelievable faggot.

the game has been out over a month just fucking watch it somewhere.
>>
File: 1462655219360.jpg (33 KB, 512x384) Image search: [Google]
1462655219360.jpg
33 KB, 512x384
>71 replies
>29 posters
anime kun are still asshurt over this game doing so well?
>>
>a fucking clicker has more players than D44M
What went wrong, /v/?
>>
Honestly, if you don't like Doom, you should probably stop playing shooters for a while. It's so well liked that it's going to have a serious impact on the genre.
>>
>>341145346
>I mean it's basically Doom with modern graphics
it isnt
og doom is corridor combat. mixed with some seamless open field. the great thing is the corridors are numerous, vertical and never feel stale.
this is arena combat with some corridor shenanigans
not that it is a bad game for it. the arena in this game blow every thing else with the same kind of level design out of the water.
>>
>>341144292
>>341144292
>i fired a shotgun blast at an imp, and his model didnt even MOVE, it wasn't interrupted or stunned or anything.

First shotgun has incredibly shit range.
The Heavy Assault Rifle will always make them flinch in pain if not flat out pop their head off.

Heavier enemies will flinch from bigger guns.

Glory kills are completely optional
Chainsaw gives way too much resources but it's still all optional
>>
>>341145605
>every thread should just be replied to one time per person
>>
>>341142750
Playing on Nightmare, I have been been killed by projectile attacks because of the glory kill animation at least five times. I have also been hit for more than I healed because fireballs hit for 50+ while executions heal for 5.

It's a terrible mechanic in every way.
>>
>>341145648
skyrim and fallout 4 have more players than numerous multiplayer games.
>>
File: 1454100560007.jpg (31 KB, 500x360) Image search: [Google]
1454100560007.jpg
31 KB, 500x360
>>341145575
its just anime-kun samefagging, he was ruining doom threads when the game was first released because he couldn't pirate it.
>>
The only thing I found utter shit was the multiplayer.
>>
>>341145771
You say that like the original Doom games never had corridors. There are plenty of arenas to fight in with those portal sacks.
>>
File: 1465231214078.jpg (15 KB, 199x199) Image search: [Google]
1465231214078.jpg
15 KB, 199x199
>>341145907
he mad
>>
>>341145686
It feels incredibly epic to watch Blizzard and Bethesda team up to glory kill the FPS genre.
>>
>>341146227
>frog post
disqualified
>>
>>341145996
That right there is how I know you're bad.

You should only be glory killing if you have them alone or if you are below the threshold where itll give you more than 5 hp.
>>
>Mfw D44M is one of the best FPS games in years and people are shitting all over it.

Embarrassing desu
>>
>>341146139
>og doom is corridor combat. mixed with some seamless open field.
read, nigga, read
>>
>>341143794
>>341145605
>call 'em a weeb
>give him (You)s
>Doing the things he wants you to do

Just fucking don't respond, holy shit. You guys are just as bad as him. Fishing for responses getting that quick burn (You) high. If you guys really gave a shit you'd just leave the troll thread. And here I am fucking abetting this bullshit.
>>
>>341146230
Cod can save it. Black ops 3 is really really good. The MLG final last night was insane.
>>
>>341145996
Just start moving as soon as the animation is over. You're allowed plenty enough leeway to dodge. Idleness is death, especially on Nightmare.

If anything I think the Demo should've been either up to Resource Operations or the Foundry.

The UAC is the least interesting out of all the missions and is mostly a get-used-to-the-game mission. Resource Operations has meaningful secrets since you can get the Plasma Rifle early if you know where to look and the Foundry's fairly open even if you have to do everything to continue and shows that combat won't always be lockdown-based stuff. Also you can get the Rocket Launcher if you know where to look.
>>
>>341143821
>People hate regenerating health because it makes the game easy and casual.

No. That isn't the problem when regenerating health at all. Anyone who says otherwise doesn't understand the issue and is badnwagoning.
>>
>>341146484
did it let you hold 10 weapons silmutaneously, health and weapon pickups in map (or singleplayer :^) and the best weapons arent hitscan yet?
>>
>>341146617
the fireball have a hitbox. sometimes too late is just too late.
>>
>>341146637
uh, yes? That's exactly the reason.
It turns the game into casual mess, and also streamlines the maps and item pickup pool of the game.
>>
>>341140669
>>341140669
>>341140669
>>
>>341146425
You're a retard defending a bad mechanic, and if you don't see how cornering one guy (usually in an area with cover) is pretty much the same as hiding behind a wall waiting for your health to regenerate to full, you are completely hopeless.

And stop acting like the game is any hard, it's not. It's actually easier than every single "skatepark" filled game, from Serious Sam to fucking Killing Floor.
>>
>>341146637
That was part of the issue back in the day. While it meant no longer hunting for medkits, it also did away with health and healing management which was considered a longstanding fps game element. But yeah, the biggest issue had to do with pacing.
>>
>>341146452
It's because they can't play it so they just shit all over it and pretend they didn't want it to begin with
>>
>>341147136
Go play and CoD on Veteran and come back to me about it making it easy or casual.

The real problem with regenerating health is that you have to slow down and hide behind cover. It breaks up the gameplay flow because you took too much (usually) unavoidable damage and now you have to wait. That's why higher difficulty CoD essentially turns into 5 seconds of Duck Hunt insta-headshoting enemies and 15 seconds of regenerating back the damage you took in the five seconds of exposing yourself to do that.
>>
>>341146481
I literally get amusement out of him you retard

The fact that someone enjoys looking like a fucking moron to complete strangers for nothing more than their fleeting amusement is funny in itself
>>
>>341143821
there's a 12 monster limit so I just stopped the video right there and then
>>
>>341147453
Do you honestly believe you two are on different levels? Sure I like to participate in ribbing the retard too, but it's ultimately empty, shallow entertainment for both sides.

One likes to watch dumb reactions to inane comments. The other likes to make dumb reactions to inane comments.
>>
>>341140347
I just finished it myself and can say for a fact that you have shit taste.
I played it with my failing gpu which made it run in slow mo but i still had a blast.

Side note: Mick Gordon is a Master of Song.
>>
>>341147757
Yes, much more so than you too
>>
>>341146617
Should have just been Into the Fire
>>
>>341142005
I would imagine that it'll drop for the steam summer sale. If it hasn't been cracked by then, I'll probably buy it.
>>
>>341148141
Fair argument. By then you have most of the weapon pool to mess with (and can find the rest in the mission) and lots of combat.
>>
>>341147529
Doesn't that only apply to Snapmap? Some people claim that the single player campaign occasionally has more monsters simultaneously than that.
>>
>shoot a zombie 2 times with a shotgun
>They stumble around like a retard for 50 years
>Can't finish them without a meme kill or another bullet
>>
>>341147136
No, its a mechanic that encourages you to stop playing. That's retarded. I want to keep playing. I want to keep moving. Instead, you've introduced a mechanic that forces me to stop moving, wait, and do nothing.
>>
>>341147450
>worthless ai that can one shot you
>the only way through them is killing
is cod the dark soul of shooter?
>>
>>341148401
it only takes 1 shot to kill zombies anime kun
>>
>>341148460
I'd say health regeneration can kind of work if the enemies are actively hunting you, eliminating the strategy to hide behind cover while your health goes back to full.
>>
>>341146840
>railgun
>not hitscan
>>
>>341148663
>You need to shoot them from point-blank in order to not have to waste any more bullets or time on them
10/10 game.
>>
>>341148663
not when you shotgun them from the other side of the room
but you can always headshot them...
>>
>>341140347
> runs liek shit

maybe you should stop playing on a toaster.
Works just fine on high on 6700 and 280x OC
>>
>>341148865
>railguns are in every map
>everybody can have a railgun anytime in the match
>>
>Bethesda actively tries to make the game look like shit pre-release
>game is released and it turns out the game plays completely different
>Bethesda proceeds to make the game look shit again by releasing the fucking tutorial where the game is mediocre as fuck since you don't have any of the gameplay elements unlocked yet
It's like they WANT this game to fail.
>>
>>341143746
>Easilly worthy of the title of modern doom.
Especially with that logic, Serious Sam 3 would be the superior "modern doom". Which it seriously was.

>>341143821
Watched this earlier, agreed with everything.
The butt-devastation of the consolikids and shills is so deliciously visible in the downvotes.
>>
>>341140347
>runs like shit

Obvious bait post. /v/ teens will still fall for it though.
>>
>>341142716
Honestly between this and the entire prerelease campaign it really seems like Bethesda's trying to sink this game. Maybe they're trying to kill off id and take their IPs?
>>
>be a fan of 'old school shooters'
>love the poriginal doom games
>love painkiller
>love serious sam
>love UT and Quake
>play Doom 4
>surprisingly one of the most fun FPS experiences I've had
>better desinged then Painkiller and Serious Sam, those games feel more like a tech demo
>no cinematic bllshit
>good movement speed
>fun gunplay
>/v/ still finds a way to hate it

I don't know what I expected.
>>
>>341150192
/v/ is just looking for things to hate for it now.
>>
>steam makes you download the whole game to play the emo
>>
>>341150192
>>no cinematic bllshit
>kill animation
>>
>>341141924
>Wahh why is my demo a demo
Dude an entire third of the original doom was a demo
>>
>>341149960
>they're trying to kill off id and take their IPs?
why?
bethesda the publisher and zenimax are one and the same. they can take any ips from id, arkane, tango, machine game... and force indian codemonkeys to make them. not to mention most of their tech come from id except tes/fo (dogshit) and the mmo's tech.
>>
>>341150192
>better designed than serious sam
You're delusional. I can tell because Painkiller was mediocre as hell, but better designed than serious sam? Shit fucking taste.
>>
>>341150496
It's quick as fuck, doesn't slow down combat and optional. Try again.
>>
>>341150507
>an entire third of the original doom
in term of plot maybe
it was much shorter than any episode after it.
>>
>>341150595
I've played Serious Sam to death, at the end of the day it's just big open simple levels with a ton of enemies constantly spawning. There's barley any 'design' to it. Doom 4 actually has interesting level design.
>>
>>341150595
>Serious Sam
>well designed
Oh man I sure do love big empty arenas where I battle waves of enemies! Fuck D44M and it's few levels with arenas with waves of enemies!
>>
>>341150990
At least Serious Sam requires thinking when dealing with its hordes of enemies, and even though the arenas are bland, player movement with relation to the enemies is actually important, unlike this pile of trash.
>>
>>341143821
WHY-DOES-THIS-GUY-TALK-LIKE-A-RO-BOT
>>
>>341151924
Because he's not fluent in english and reading from a script
>>
Runs fine on my PS4
>>
>PC is shit and won't run DOOM
>Download it on PS4
>FPS controller, well whatever
>Looks amazing and fun
>Hey controllers for FPS are shit
>Look at the options to invert the X axis
>You can only invert the Y one
>Spend 15 painful minutes trying to say to my brain that left=right
>no boss fight
>Buy the game
Disapointed.
>>
I couldn't download the demo on steam

Do you need enough space for the entire game to download it?
>>
>>341150595
SS3 was garbage
>>
>>341153113
6gb
>>
File: 1463636380687.jpg (20 KB, 440x442) Image search: [Google]
1463636380687.jpg
20 KB, 440x442
>>341151907
>At least Serious Sam requires thinking when dealing with its hordes of enemie

Oh please, just stop now. All you do in Serious Sam is back pedal. I like the game but it's the most mindless shit you'll ever play. There's no AI, there's no tactics, enemies just spawn and hordes and run at you. This is either bait or you're a raging autist hipster.
>>
>>341153578
hmm I had more than that free. I'll restart steam
>>
>>341153578
>>341153938
worked fine secondtime without even restarting

weird
>>
>only 10 minutes

Am I missing something because after the Behtesda splash screen came up I was able to keep playing on Mars.
>>
>>341141383
>it's not for everyone
That's selling it short. Doom is terrible as both an "old school" shooter and a modern one.

I guess memesters got tired of constantly being told VIDEO GAMES and decided the best way to get back at those faggots was to trick them into buying one.
>>
>>341154445
20 minutes
>>
>>341153689
You're an unbelievable retard who's probably never played on Serious difficulty. You have to think about the gun you use, and often the enemies come from multiple sides, meaning back pedaling (or walking in a straight line) does not work. It also has several enemies types which are faster than you.

I'm not going to claim it's extremely strategic but it requires some thinking when dealing with the hordes. DooIV! is completely brainless.
>>
>>341154549
>Doom is terrible as both an "old school" shooter and a modern one.

As a fan of old school shooters and someone who used to plat a lot of FPS back in the late 90s, kill yourself. Doom 4 is one of the only ones that gets it right. I like Shadow Warrior, Painkiller, Serious Sam, etc. but this game seems to have a bit of an edge for me. Your post is literally proof of the neo-/v/ teen just hating everything to fit in. Why do I even come here anymore.
>>
>>341154970
How is doom anything like quake 1 or doom 1/2. It is garbage

>double jump
>auto ledge climb

Lol
>>
>>341154970
>Why do I even come here anymore.
Because you fit in well with the other retards who cheer for the epic rip and tear execution kills.
>>
>>341155095
>auto ledge climb
you people pick the fucking weirdest stuff to be mad at
>>
File: c71.jpg (17 KB, 334x393) Image search: [Google]
c71.jpg
17 KB, 334x393
>oh sweet you can just do regular melee
>all the bash is doing is making them open to epic kills
>>
>>341155171
Don't forget the upgrade tree and recharging grenades to take any thought out of level, enemy and weapon design!
>>
>>341155512
>Shit movement mechanics
So fucking weird I know
>>
>>341155512
>level design isn't good

Wow such a weird thing to be mad at.
>>
>>341140347
>like shit and plays like shit btw
Found the faggot. Play it first then You can talk.
>>
>>341155574
>Playing the game on easy mode where you can do that
>Implying enemies stagger on Ultra-Violence and above.
>>
>>341140347
No shit, a doom game made by nobody who understands doom and their "inspiration" was one of the worst doom mods ever created

Bethesda has a huge PR firm paying people to hype this piece of shit and it still bombed
>>
>>341155826
How would he know? He's too busy looking at grapes
>>
>Doom is bad
Isn't this meme getting old OP?
>>
>>341140347
>The game runs like shit
maybe on a gaming™ laptop
>>
>>341156180
no
>>
>>341155826
I'm playing on UV you triple negro
>>
>>341155618
Really, the only game mechanic I did not mind was the alt-fire unlock, but even then I don't like the pointless choices nor do I like the fact it has to be unlocked.

>>341155768
Not him but I played it and it's shit. I think it's amazing they picked this level as the demo of everything they could have done, and it obviously gets better later, but there is absolutely no way it becomes good.

>>341155826
Are they actually immune to stagger on Nightmare? That would explain a few things that happened when I played the demo.
>>
>>341156104
Nice meme my friend, "id" can do no wrong ;)
>>
I wonder how long till people stop praising a 7/10 game at best as the 2nd coming.
>>
>>341156180
DOOM isn't bad.

DooIV! is.

>>341156795
4/10 at best.
>>
>>341156857
>>341156795
Sour grapes
>>
>>341142716
A second level really would have helped showcase the game a lot more. I watched a video of the game being played before I heard about the demo and was surprised with how short it was. I figured the first "level" was beyond where it ended.
>>
>>341156857
No.

7/10
>>341156967
kay
>>
>>341156967
Upvoted
>>
>>341140347
I have toaster and run constant 60fps, I expected worse shit but will probably buy it for 30 or less.
>>
>>341157070
There is no fucking way DooIV! deserves a 7. Its combat is broken in so many ways, the music is bland noise, the artistic direction is overall bad (even though there are some decent zones the others are just ugly to look at).

The only good things about it are that on a technical level it seems fine, and that at least the basic movement speed is not as slow as Halo or CoD.
>>
File: 1464126981596.jpg (206 KB, 1000x1000) Image search: [Google]
1464126981596.jpg
206 KB, 1000x1000
>175 replies
>65 posters
>>
>>341157051
If they really wanted this shit to make an impact they could have released the first three levels, letting players play up to and including The Foundry. I mean, what would they have to lose? Its only going to be up for a single goddam fucking week anyway and players wouldn't even be able to play with a third of the available arsenal so its not like they're going to be satisfied with just replaying the demo if they want more.

This does more harm to the game then it does good.
>>
File: Delutional piratefags.png (11 KB, 571x156) Image search: [Google]
Delutional piratefags.png
11 KB, 571x156
>>341143432
>you spent $60 on it and I didn't has come and gone.
Now this is the power of the piratefags mental gymnastics
>>
>>341154758
fucking lol
>>
>>341156795
as soon as bethesda runs out of money to pay them
>>
>>341158005
Yeah I sure look stupid when you just randomly cut out a part of a longer sentence.
>>
>>341159070
>>341159070
>but the time when you can merely postulate it's the best shit ever because you spent $60 on it and I didn't has come and gone.
I see the same mental gymnastics here, son.
>>
>>341159907
Let me greentext it for you then so it's easier for your little head.

>before
>say doom looks boring
>"its fast as fuck m8 the return of arena fps u havent played it goty!!"
>now
>say doom is boring
>"fuck you got me"

Better?
>>
>>341158543
Wow what an own.
>>
>>341160493
The game is not bad. People say and have been saying all this time that the game has flaws, but the game is still better than 99,9999999% of what is in the market today.
You still used the piratefag mental gymnastic, so you are retarded.
It sure is the return of arena fps, and is fast as fuck compared to most games.
Thread replies: 188
Thread images: 14

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.