[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Star trek VR It's like a dream come true!
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2
File: 3434.jpg (41 KB, 600x300) Image search: [Google]
3434.jpg
41 KB, 600x300
>Star trek VR

It's like a dream come true!
>>
Dukat VR game when?
>>
You know for how strong their fan base is, I'm surprised there was no hype to make a space VR game since all the creative designs already exist.
>>
>>341116784

>my first star trek game was that NES game which was complete bullshit
>then played Borg FMV which was great
>then played armada, elite force, dominion wars, starfleet command, bridge commander
>fucking awesome
>got bored and bought the Star Trek reboot game
>total shit

Man, I just want to be a Jem Ha'dar first and wreck some Klingon shit
>>
I want a non VR version
>>
>>341117980
WHAT ARE YOU POOR OR SOMETHING? CAN'T AFFORD 4 VR HEADSETS FOR YOU AND YOUR FRIENDS?
>>
>>341117964

>armada
>elite force
>dominion wars
>starfleet command
>bridge commander

Christ, those were the glory days, as well as Birth of the Federation. I lost so many hours to that.

Maybe a new dawn of good Star Trek games will arrive soon.
>>
How do they sell a lot of games that require three friends and four VR headsets?
>>
>>341119825

It doesn't require three friends and 4 headsets.

>The captain must be played by a human, but the computer can play the others.

http://www.wired.com/2016/06/star-trek-bridge-crew-vr/

It doesn't sound all that appealing anyway,

>my experience amounted to waiting to being told that I had to press a certain button, and then pressing said button
>>
>>341119117

I loved Dominion Wars and Starfleet Command (especially 3), although being stuck in a 2D plane was shit. But then in Bridge Commander, it was weird to end up going head to head with a ship when one of you in completely inverted.

>>341119825

They'll need some online match-making. I remember some arcade games (can't remember right now) and disney rides (like mission to mars), where one person pilots, the other handles power systems, etc
>>
>>341119825
I could see this being setup in places like Dave & Busters or other gaming places. Several VR headsets and PCs are going to be cheaper than a networked racing game.
>>
Finally a fucking Bridge Commander sequel
>>
>4x 5k computers
>4x 1k headsets
Only the very rich can play this game
>>
>>341120887

>being poor

God, I can't wait for Trump to be president so he cuts all your neetbux and y'all starve on the streets like the dogs you are
>>
File: 23.jpg (39 KB, 540x720) Image search: [Google]
23.jpg
39 KB, 540x720
>>341120887

As lonely and as depressing as it sounds you can play by yourself

>"s..shields up"
>>
>>341116784
>end of the game reveals it was holodeck all along
>>
>>341120887
It has AI and online you fucking retard
>>
Surely it has online co-op too, right?
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.