[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>that guy who wants to make games but can't make art
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 4
>that guy who wants to make games but can't make art or program
>>
Kimbra is my waifu.
>>
>>341063972
>guy

why are you shit posting with the Kimbra man? That's not cool
>>
Who is this Jewess??
>>
>>341063972
It's okay. Your idea is shit anyway.
>>
>That one guy who has a game idea
>It's just a story pitch
>>
File: image.jpg (144 KB, 733x1100) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
144 KB, 733x1100
post more kimbra pls
>>
>>341063972
It doesn't matter. Didn't you hear? Gamers are dead! The target audience for video games should not be people who play video games!

1. Make a shitty game with a premade engine, pixelshit graphics, and one hour of gameplay.
2. Put in a preachy moral about "systemic oppression of women" that makes the game even less fun.
3. Literally whore yourself out to journalists for positive reviews.
4. Accuse anyone who doesn't like the game of being a misogynist.
5. Profit!

Long live games as a paper-thin vehicle for pushing your narrative in identity polititics!
>>
Why is she so thick? Why make me suffer?
>>
>>341072327
>>341063972
is that the thicc girl from MS conference?
>>
>>341063972
what are you really trying to say about dudes who want to make games but arent equipped? and what exactly does kimbra have anything to do with it?
get your point across a bit better, OP. you're sort of just spewing nonsequitors.
>>
>writing is cheap, easy, and expendable

This kind of thinking is why every modern game has absolutely shit writing. You let people like Anthony Burch and Ken Levine do something that is completely beyond their skillset.
>>
>>341063972
Why should you know how to code or even turn on a pc when you have a social studies degree ?
>>
>>341063972
In all honesty, what matters more for games is you have good vision, networks and project leading.

You can literally get any code monkey or artist but if your project lacks cohesiveness, courage and vision then you get games who bow down to SJWs and all other manner of stupid shit.
>>
>>341063972
>that girl that really wants to settle down
>>
>>341073076
>>341073763
What the fuck is this shitty new meme? She's a goddamn skeleton.
>>
File: kneeling anime girl.png (487 KB, 513x519) Image search: [Google]
kneeling anime girl.png
487 KB, 513x519
>>341063972
Ideas anon.
Give idea about gameplay, system and shit. People literally shower you with shekels for coming up with good ideas. Artists and Programmers can't come up with that. That's why "game designer" is a real job
>>
File: kimbra.jpg (930 KB, 3000x4500) Image search: [Google]
kimbra.jpg
930 KB, 3000x4500
>>341076742
>he's an "ideas guy"
>>
>>341076742
Most of those ideas are little more than an existing game with another story or a slight twist.

You'll have shit people with pitches like "It's Zelda but with an axe", "It's Skullgirls but with fairies" or "It's Mother/Scott Pilgrim but with late 20s-early 30 something burnouts"

And you either have no distinctions in the gameplay engine to the point of being a glorified romhack or the presentation would try so hard to be different that they didn't think for a second of how clunky and droll it would become.

Idea guys lack imagination in the sense of perspective because they can't ever consider how their game idea might have flaws much less how it's all substance with no style of its own.
>>
>>341064456
Step off, man, she's my waifu.
>>
>>341063972
> Can do mediocre art
> Know how to program
> Messed around with a couple engines
> Too apathetic to bother making anything even though I have a couple ideas
>>
>tfw that person is you
I might be able to do some art. I genuinely don't know, haven't even drawn shit in years and no idea how to get it digital. Was thinking about fucking about with rpg maker to see if I can get a base concept of an idea into a game.
>>
>>341076742
>Artists and Programmers can't come up with that
yes they can. literally anybody can. ideas are a dime a dozen. plus artists and programmers can then contribute to the actualization of those ideas, while designers can not
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.