[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Bannerlord hype thread
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3
File: Hype train.jpg (845 KB, 1650x927) Image search: [Google]
Hype train.jpg
845 KB, 1650x927
A friend of mine who is working at E3 as a tech guy this year, and knows of my massive Mount and Blade fandom, decided to give me an insight into something that'll be shown off by the Talesworld people in the next few days.

He was tasked with setting up the testing area for the Talesworld guys, and got to see the game hands-on while devs set it up.

>Sees the character on screen limping like nothing he has ever seen in a game. Tells me that the character leans his entire body forward and sways, looking like he's about to fall over, and can barely fight. Told me it looked like the scene from Fellowship of the Ring when Boromir is riddled with arrows
>Said it was the most realistic thing he has seen in a game that actually portrays injury
>Goes up to the dev and tells him how cool it looks, asking him if it's a scripted scene or something
>"That's the player character, we've got a few builds going, and this character is going to show off the injury system"
>My friend tells me that he was taken back at how this injured characters actually acts and reacts, watching the developer play around with it
>You actually see the character's face grimace, and brings his off-hand weapon/shield down to his knee or injured area (in the demo it's a knee injury, with the character using his shield as a sort of forced-splint as he hobbles along, as well as an elbow/arm injury where blocking is now virtually impossible, where the dev presses the block button and the character half-able swings his shield up before dropping it again in pain)
>Duel between the player and a dismounted knight, where the player character is struck by a warhammer while blocking with shield
>Shield splinters and breaks in real time, where the hammer actually hits; the characters actually falls backwards and the player character screams and tucks his broken hand under his arm in agony
>Enemies that are badly injured will lay on the ground and cry/pray

Who here /hype/?
>>
MNB is fucking shit
>stiff animations
>shit combat
>no story
>no quests

hurr just gonna conquer stuff like a retard xD

just play Skyrim instead it's way better and Todd is an amazing person with a huge dick
>>
>promotional material is concept art

You know a game will look and feel awful when they do that
>>
File: 1283281781940.jpg (52 KB, 600x450) Image search: [Google]
1283281781940.jpg
52 KB, 600x450
your friend better not be bullshitting or i'll contact anonymoose and send 60 pizzas to his house
>>
My mom is boss of Take words and she says ur full of shit.
>>
File: 1385243497310.png (72 KB, 250x272) Image search: [Google]
1385243497310.png
72 KB, 250x272
>>341052995
>shit combat
>>
>>341052767
My god, that sounds fucking awesome, i cannott wait, shoulda called in sick today just to see whats going to be announced about bannerlord. I wanna see what they did to horse combat.

And for all you m&b shitter, this game has the greatest combat system out of any game out so far, people litterally spend thousands of hours to hone their skills, hell, ive put in 2300 hours into warband myself. the studio is a smaller independant one, not a AAA company, producing games they love with a fanbase that is damn dedicated. No other game has given me as much hype as bannerlord. If its half as good as i expect, its almost garenteed to be GOTY.
>>
>Enemies that are badly injured will lay on the ground and cry/pray

I could understand trying to run away but why would they start behaving like little fucking girls? Also this makes the game sound like some torture simulator.
>>
>>341052767
Sounds like bullshit desu

But I'd be glad to see it
>>
>>341058963
ur not outrunning someone on horseback

also in real life there are no arbitrary boundaries to run to

sometimes begging for your life was the better option
>>
If this is real I will ___________
>>
>>341052767
The video just got leaked!! Look at that gameplay, just like OP said!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YWdD206eSv0
>>
>>341060298
This isn't real life dumb nigger.
>>
>>341052767
I don't care what it has or does not, I bought M&B when it was very early alpha and will buy bannerlord just because of brand loyalty, loved M&B, the mods are awesome, still playing it to this day, had the first Napoleon server for my country just because i fucking loved this game.
>>
>>341052767

I think you're lying but I hope you're not.
>>
>>341062953

Because MNB has always been more about a realistic representation than an arcade one, shitlord
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.