[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is this great game looked down upon because of what Bioware is now?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2
File: dragon-age-origins-1024x640.jpg (106 KB, 1024x640) Image search: [Google]
dragon-age-origins-1024x640.jpg
106 KB, 1024x640
Is this great game looked down upon because of what Bioware is now?
>>
Origins is still fucking amazing in my opinion and surpasses DA:II and DA: I I assume, I haven;t touched Inquisition
>>
>>341043612

Inquisition is better than DA:II but plagued by shitty, repetitive sidequests and weak characters.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RXNvDzlXqSA

Maximum comfy
>>
>God tier
Morrigan
Sten

>Great tier
Alistair
Shale
Zevran
Oghren

>ok tier
Wynne
Dog
Loghain

>I only bring you along because you're a decent rogue archer
Leliana
>>
Please, it was considered mediocre even back then
>>
>>341043365
origins is fine its the next two games that people dont like
>>
>>341043365

What are you talking about?

I have never seen anyone "look down upon" DAO

It almost universally seems to be considered somewhere between "Worth playing" and "Game of the decade"
>>
File: 1439686136838.jpg (30 KB, 265x320) Image search: [Google]
1439686136838.jpg
30 KB, 265x320
>>341045436

The PC version mostly got 9s and 10s.
>>
>>341043365
IDK, but I tried it in 2015 and I didn't like it.

Aged graphics, generic lore and story, fetch quests, grinding, clunky gameplay system (I have never liked pausable real time, has the worst aspects of TBS and real time IMO)

Difficulty is the only thing going for the game an it is still not very well implemented either. If you are out leveled there is not a lot you can do but kite forever and abuse the stupid AI and the game is designed in a way it is very easy to step into places that are ahead of you XP wise.

I just think RPG's have advanced in the same direction Origins pushed forward, so it looks bad now.
>>
>>341046162
User or paid?
>>
>>341043612
Inquisition has a lot of issues but it's not horrible. Definitely better than 2. Origins is easily the best game in the series, but I doubt we'll ever get a title like it again, since Bioware is all about cinematic experiences and casualized gameplay.
>>
>>341045195
That's a list of people to fuck right? Because you hit the nail on the head.
>>
>>341045195

I love Sten, but he's useless in combat if you leave him alone. 2H warriors are best left for player class.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.