[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Titanfall 2 will have only free maps and modes DLC. http:/
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1
File: 1465503839479.jpg (93 KB, 588x473) Image search: [Google]
1465503839479.jpg
93 KB, 588x473
Titanfall 2 will have only free maps and modes DLC.

http://www.gamesradar.com/all-titanfall-2-maps-and-modes-dlc-will-be-free/?utm_content=buffer887b7&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter.com&utm_campaign=buffer

I think it's pretty cool news, but you all are just going to call me a shill for sharing news about an upcoming AAA game. Either that or this thread will be ignored. So ok I guess...
>>
>Respawn Entertainment's head of development David Wightman has confirmed that all of Titanfall 2's map pack DLC will be released free of charge. Speaking at an EA Play event in London last night, Wightman told us that the studio plans to never charge its players for either maps or modes.

>"We'll definitely be supporting Titanfall 2 post-launch, and I can confirm all maps and modes we deliver post-launch will be free. We'll be talking more about post-launch plans closer to release so stay tuned for more info," Wightman explained.

>The question, then, is what exactly does Respawn plan to release as paid DLC for its futuristic FPS? Although Wightman couldn't go into detail, he was keen to stress that its plan does not include any sort of "pay-to-win stuff", explaining his frustration when the balance of an online multiplayer experience is ruined by "some kid who's spent an extra £40 on the game."
>>
So that means microtransactions for weapons and skins I guess.
>>
>Call you a shill

Does anybody even give a shit enough about Not Mechs: 2 to actually call you a shill?
>>
>>341041612
You're not thinking far enough. Microtransaction, loot crate burn cards. They'll do the same thing that EA did with Mass Effect 3's multiplayer.
>>
>>341041612
I don't think weapons given the "extra $40 dollars" comment seeming to be sorta aimed at BF premium since I recall my friends all saying literally that exact thing about BF3. I'm guessing more likely it'll be robot hats, burn card packs, tons of fucking paint options that only work on one robot or weapon at a time, and hopefully cool shit like announcers and character voice packs.
>>
>>341041728

>either that or this thread will be ignored

Learn 2 read dot com
>>
>>341042551
I think the only redeemable thing in titanfall was the different ai voices you could choose from. Granted there were 5 English and the rest were different languages, I liked having the German one telling me shit I can't understand
>>
>>341044134
man I'm looking forward to the game actually having content this time. Hopefully if it doesn't die in it's sleep like the first one we'll actually get more cool stuff like that down the line.
>>
>>341044317
>Hopefully if it doesn't die in it's sleep like the first one

It comes out one week after Battlefield and one week before Call of Duty. This game is fucking dead on arrival.
>>
>>341044428
4k players that's all I want, an average of 4k players at a time.
>>
>>341044428
Damn, that's a garbage time and I was thinking of getting BF1 ot TF2. I'll go with Titanfall since I know that BF1 is going to get a Premium announcement so I'll just cop it on a sale.
>>
>>341044428
Do they want this game to die? Why do they hate it so much?
>>
>>341045753

It seems like a targeted move against CoD. EA doesn't care about Titanfall as long as it slows down CoD sales so that EA can prop up Battlefield.
>>
>>341045964
I guess they figure that BF and COD aren't really direct competitors anymore so they're treating Titanfall as their COD competition? I don't know it seems like all three games are competing for the exact same demographic to me with Titanfall being the only one to have any real pull outside of the dudebro market.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.