[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
dead by daylight
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 79
Thread images: 14
File: time to kill.png (1 MB, 1184x663) Image search: [Google]
time to kill.png
1 MB, 1184x663
so does this come out at midnight?
cant wait for the balancing and anti-cheating shit to be implemented.

also, did you see the friday the 13th gameplay footage at e3 last night?
>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Iz6e-64mj2Q
>>
>>341035648
>Teleports in front of u
>Steps on ur spine
Heh...............................nothin personnel...........................................................................................................kid.......................................................................................................
>>
>>341035847
>crawling intensifies
>>
File: toolbox.png (259 KB, 900x675) Image search: [Google]
toolbox.png
259 KB, 900x675
steam store still has no release time set but i guess it releases when the preorder discount timer runs out?

I'm not sure how i feel about the whole
>teleports behind you
mechanic

It looks like if you're near an object of any kind and he decides to teleport to you, you die. Jason is wearing the least threatening attire too with that generic shirt and pants (frankly I don't know a whole lot about Jason so if that's his canon outfit fair enough but it's thematically unappealing for the role he plays in the game).

while it's unfair to compare 13th to DbD since 13th still has a lot of development time left to go into it it feels like DbD's mechanics have been thought out more thoroughly in terms of how things impact the gameplay.

13th and Last Year could end up being way than DbD in the end though and i hope they are since i already love DbD as it is
>>
>>341036429
I actually really like the generic looking clothes he's wearing. It's nice to see some restraint in killer design instead of making another Thirteen Ghosts reject.
>>
>>341035648

I think the Chochi ah ah was literally the devs going chi chi ah ah in a mic.
>>
>>341036265
THESE WOUNDS
THEY CANNOT
HEAL
>>
>>341036429
>>341036994

That is the basic Jason look. Later have it in varying states of damage but it's basically always cheap hockey mask and blue overalls.
>>
>>341036994
>>341037291
i don't mind the clothes themselves exactly but i feel like they're far too pristine and new.

it looks like Jason was out trying on clothes when he realized kids were playing on his lawn and quickly teleported home.

If the clothes he's wearing were faded, with some frayed edges/maybe a couple of torn holes in his pants/shirt being slightly tattered then yea it's fine.

i mean his clothes don't have to be falling apart but they should at least look 'well used/worn out' unless he pops down to the mall every now and then to pick up the latest fashion.
>>
>>341036429
I think they cranked up the recharge rate on the teleport for the demo, It'd be waaaay to imbalanced if he could teleport that rapidly.
>>
File: necafridaythe13thjasonpart3.jpg (67 KB, 739x587) Image search: [Google]
necafridaythe13thjasonpart3.jpg
67 KB, 739x587
Have they shown the other killers? I've only seen the beta guy and the short trailer for the hillbilly chainsaw dude.

>>341036429
It's his gear from Part 3 (also the part where he first gets the iconic hockey mask). I'm sure they'll have skins for the other movies too. Zombie Jason, burlap sack, maybe even Jason X if they're feeling cheeky.
>>
>>341037761
the wraith, who i plan on maining.
>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SjtjpZJWogE
>>
File: all seeing.png (148 KB, 428x273) Image search: [Google]
all seeing.png
148 KB, 428x273
>>341038000
>>341037761
[worried laughter]
>>
Friday the 13th looks like it'll be in deep favor of the Jason player during the video. I'm hoping they will balance everything before the beta.
>>
>>341038495
I just saw it.

The being able to just teleport grab players seems super overpowered
>>
>>341038495
While I agree that Jason hopefully isn't able to smash entire survivor teams effortlessly, I don't believe the game should balance both sides equally.

If Jason plays perfectly AND the survivors play perfectly, only a few survivors should escape at best. Getting most (or all) of the survivors to escape should be a phenomenal effort by the survivors to outsmart/outplay Jason.

I don't want another repeat of Left 4 Dead where the survivors smash the shit out of the infected if played optimally.
>>
>>341038000
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uTZtwnlz_FE
leatherface looks better
>>
>>341039182
I feel like the Trapper and Hillbilly will shine while players are new and the Wraith may end up being the 'metagame' Killer with add-ons like these >>341038120
>>
File: really now faggot.jpg (22 KB, 367x332) Image search: [Google]
really now faggot.jpg
22 KB, 367x332
>>341039182
>want to be a faggot that can run real fast in a certain direction
>not being le stealthy killer or decloaking right behind somebody
no
>>
can't preload? whyyyyyyyyy?
>>
damn, this game is going to die FAST
>>
File: deilluminati.jpg (257 KB, 771x960) Image search: [Google]
deilluminati.jpg
257 KB, 771x960
>the beta will end on the 12th
>currently the 14th
>>
Does anyone know if the coop is reliable? Some friends want to get it but I don't want to be trying for ages to get a room together.
>>
>>341039719
mummy killer in a pyramid of traps when?
>>
>>341039906
There is currently no mechanic to matchmake with friends, only create private games which you need a full group of 5 for (or play with less survivors).

Devs claim that implementing a party matchmaking system is their top priority.
>>
>That cornfield map
Looks extremely frustrating to play the trapper in.
>>
>>341040918
its not good for the trapper, trapper is best on the junkyear or macmillian estate because there are so many tight corridors, the cornfiled is going to be good for the hillbilly because of the wide open areas.
>>
>>341040069
Thanks for the reply, I'll probably wait
>>
>>341041452
That's definitely what I'd recommend as well. I'm still picking it up tomorrow though.
>>
>>341035648
He's a big guy.
>>
>>341041813
for you :^)
>>
>>341039370
*decloaks behind you* nothin personnel, kid.
>>
>>341041813
>>341041957
>trapper will never hold you down and fuck your ass with his big dick, cumming deep inside then cuddling and falling asleep together before putting you on the hook in the morning.

>>341042115
is anything in this game NOT edgelord?
>>
>>341042115
kek
>>
>>341042201
I'm surprised it took this long before I saw someone post something to that effect.
>>
>>341042451
there are faggots posting copypastas in the general on /vg/ that are like
>trapper wants to impress claudetter
>dwight wants to get fingered by wraith
and
>meg is tsundere for hillbilly
>>
>>341042561
I've yet to touch the /vg/ general for reasons like that alone. Once we start getting screamed off of here by anons maybe I'll chance a look at it.
>>
File: claudette.png (2 MB, 1229x769) Image search: [Google]
claudette.png
2 MB, 1229x769
>>
>>341042796
>Claudette can't spell her name correctly
cute
>>
>>341042785
hmmm... maybe i will do a little greentext or something between meg and the trapper now.

im a well known smut fiction author on /co/ :^)
>>
meme game. dead within a month
>>
>>341043210
Don't get me wrong, I don't have a problem with people doing it, I just don't care for it myself. If you want to write that then by all means go for it.
>>
>>341038000
>chasing down numales in the woods

noice
>>
>>341043828
>numales
is that another tumblr thing?
>>
>>341043717
so one question:
does the trapper rape meg by himself, or does the entity get in on it with spider legs and shit?
>>
>>341044140
I don't think the entity would help so directly if you're serious. More of a the trapper preps her but doesn't get to actually finish before giving her to the entity to seal the deal.
>>
I hope they put in more gamemodes in Dead by Daylight than "run around and turn on generators" because that'll get boring quickly.
DbD also has the best killer designs, Jason is Jason and Last Year's killers are abysmally generic.
>>
you a true brutha claudette
>>
File: 1455554443719.jpg (80 KB, 384x864) Image search: [Google]
1455554443719.jpg
80 KB, 384x864
>>341035648
Has there been any word on how many counselors will there be in a game?
>>
File: horror lets play.png (214 KB, 500x372) Image search: [Google]
horror lets play.png
214 KB, 500x372
Do you think they'll fix the flashlight in the full release? It seems useless when the killer can turn around on a dime. Only time I've seen it actually work is when the killer is in a doorway whilst carrying another survivor.
>>
>>341045164
What?
>>
>>341045478
How many counselors will there be in a game trying to survive against Jason?
>>
>>341045164
>>
>>341035648
How soon until liberal outrage over the fact this is LITERALLY a muh soggy knee simulator despite the fact that you kill dudes as well?
>>
what's the survivors goal in Friday 13th game? not to die? just stay in an open area and keep moving, you run faster than jason
>>
>>341044529
hey that's the exact opposite of what other survivors do for me
>>
>>341035648
>That sound at 3:51

Did the guy hiding just piss himself?
>>
File: racist psyduck.jpg (73 KB, 275x300) Image search: [Google]
racist psyduck.jpg
73 KB, 275x300
>That perk that turns off my threat music for survivors if I stand still.
>Survivors' faces when they come to save their hanged friends only to find me camping behind it.
>tfw I spotted a survivor hiding but I pretend to stop and search the horizon before jumping them

Fuck me, I can't wait for tomorrow to play spoopy ghost and crazy fucking chainsaw madman.

If a week ago, someone asked me if it's possible to have an online multiplayer game based on slasher horror where you actually feel like an 80's horror icon while at the same time playing a good and balanced game, I'd have said "fuck no".
>>
The *teleports behind u* mechanic makes sense since Jason can only walk menacingly.
>>
>Jason can straight up teleport

Devs are already doing a great job of mimicking the feel of the movies. Get rid of the dumb smoke effect though.
>>
>>341046492
its almost like you people dont watch any of the videos about the game.
there are multiple ways to win as survivors, the 2 ways i know righto ff the back of my hand is call the police and survive for 10 minutes, or repair the truck and drive away.

you also might be able to kill jason
>>
I don't dig the fact that Jason can teleport directly in front of you like he did that girl in front of the car. I feel like it's necessary for him TO teleport, but he shouldn't be able to spawn where councilors can see him.
>>
>>341047724
the sound design is top tier
>>
File: Killer.png (2 MB, 1680x1050) Image search: [Google]
Killer.png
2 MB, 1680x1050
>>341047008
a lot of people think the game is heavily balanced towards survivors but i don't think they give good killers enough credit

>survivor follows me all the way to the hook as i'm carrying someone, obviously trying to bait me
>drop him at the hook, chase him, injure him and then hook my first victim
>another survivor thinks he can meme me and i hear his footsteps as i'm setting a beartrap underneath the hook
>cancel the trap placement and smack him

>survivor thinks he can bait me into ring around the rosie
>stop chasing him and pretend i've given up, turn around and break line of sight
>after a few seconds come back and follow the red scratches right to him

>have two people on the ground right next to a hook
>third survivor with a medkit starts healing one of them as i'm picking up the other
>just walk over to him while carrying my victim, shoo him away and THEN hook my victim.

>survivor with a medkit attempts a rescue, fails, gets injured and escapes
>put a trap in the escape route he used
>he heals himself up, tries again and runs into the trap

every decently ranked (as in under 15) survivor has treated me like i'm an absolute mongoloid

>mfw a rank 1 survivor is the first casualty of the match
>>
>>341047907
>I don't dig the fact that Jason can teleport directly in front of you like he did that girl in front of the car.
you mean the one that stood still while he took the time to aim where he was teleporting? i doubt it's OP or will happen like that
>>
>>341047378
More like it makes sense since Jason has the ability to teleport between trees in the movies.
>>
Is Friday the 13th going to have a first person option?
>>
>>341048250
thats a big disadvantage, you know.
>>
When the fuck is the beta for Friday coming out? Im fucking hype to get this
>>
>>341048250
i doubt it

i suppose they might include one but it's clear they're designing the game around third person for the survivors and Jason so don't expect to not be gimped if you try to play in first person.
>>
>>341048334
I wouldn't use it as Jason, but as a survivor I want to be immersed in the feeling of being chased by fucking Vorhees.
>>
File: Jason6.jpg (175 KB, 688x1209) Image search: [Google]
Jason6.jpg
175 KB, 688x1209
>>341037416
>unless he pops down to the mall every now and then to pick up the latest fashion.
Jason Voorhees is a loyal S-Mart shopper.
>Shop smart. Shop S-Mart.
>>
>>341048705
That'd be cute if Jason actually has a daily routine for his life instead of chilling out in the lake, and only murders people as his job.
>>
>>341047975
>survivor gets cocky and tries to mess with you
>they end up on the hook
>>
>>341048882
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bavGGIUulKw
>>
>>341044021
Its what /pol/ calls the tumblr white knights since they're all effeminate bitches.
>>
>>341042796
Can't beat mother nature's camouflage.
>>
File: 1465043287429.jpg (48 KB, 368x475) Image search: [Google]
1465043287429.jpg
48 KB, 368x475
>>341049425
>>
>>341049561
Where did I insinuate that I dislike the term or /pol/? I feel the term is right but it is mostly /pol/acks using it.
Thread replies: 79
Thread images: 14

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.