[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is pic related the only hope for arena shooters now that Quake
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2
Is pic related the only hope for arena shooters now that Quake is officially dead?
>>
That thing is dead as fuck, I'm more hopeful for UT
>>
>>341033553
It is, but it's also really good. It just needs players.
>>
>>341033370
Unreal Tournament
>>
File: 1462155375653.png (241 KB, 600x582) Image search: [Google]
1462155375653.png
241 KB, 600x582
yeah need more people playing though, maybe they'll have a free weekend once it's actually released i know i was skeptical about buying it but it turned out to be really great
UT is pretty nice too (as far as UT goes anyway) but people won't touch it if it's not on steam
>>
>>341034056
gg
>>
>>341033553
It's not dead, there a people playing at any given time and if you can't find a server, the game has an official discord, so you can just jump on there and ask for someone to play with.
>>
>>341033830
At this rate UT won't come out for another few years though. Reflex is making good progress towards its release.
>>
>>341034408
They fucked themselves over by launching on Early Access, everyone got bored of it before it even released.

The game is irredeemable at this point, it has no chance.
>>
>>341036084
speak for yourself m8
>>
>>341033370
This and Toxikk are the only true arena shooters worth playing
>>
>>341033370
want to play
>1vs1
>race
>race
>race
>race
>1vs1
>1vs1
>race
>1vs1

>no ffa
>>
>>341036352
Join in the eveni g eu time. You can play dm tdm ctf arena erc
>>
>>341036212
I believe that this game will survive when i see it, and so far that seems almost impossible.
>>
>>341036510
It has a small, but very dedicated and helpful playerbase so far and the devs haven't even tried to advertise the game yet. Get a sale going along with a free-weekend once the game is ready for launch and everything is going to be fine.
>>
>>341036308
TOXIKK was fun, but that game is actually dead. Literally no one plays it. The latest patch sounded interesting though, so I might take another look at it. As it stands I just prefer Reflex because it has the more complex movement and higher skill-ceiling of the two.
>>
Arena shooters are a dead genre. None of the indie arena shooters is able to sustain itself, and even a new Quake isn't gonna change that.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.