[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
CoD4 single-handedly ruined first person shooters. >introduce
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 4
File: 0000002987.600x338.jpg (85 KB, 600x338) Image search: [Google]
0000002987.600x338.jpg
85 KB, 600x338
CoD4 single-handedly ruined first person shooters.

>introduce small maps ripped from singleplayer campaign not suited for balanced mp play
>introduce aggressive as fuck health regen
>introduce SHARED WEAPONS POOL. No unique weapons for drastically different sides anymore
>introduce killstreaks and other shit that kills for you and gives you the illusion of skill
>introduce fake rubberband recoil

No other game has brought so much cancer into gaming at once.
>>
Pretty sure Halo had those first two points.
>>
>>341030309
Upthumbed!! Us teens amirite xD
>>
>>341030309
regenerating health is the only legitimate problem you listed. the THEME of the maps was ripped from the campaign, they were redesigned for multiplayer. the loadouts you chose were still based on which side of the map you were one, long range sniping or rushing attack routes. killstreaks weren't even close to what they are today, a non-factor, especially considering RPGs. and the weapons that needed real recoil had it, like the M60 and the Barrett .50 cal.
>>
They only used assets from the SP levels, they weren't directly ripped from them. That had no bearing on their balance.
>>
It's a fun casual shooter.
you don't like fun?
>>
>>341030571
Actually, Halo CE had neither of those.
>>
File: ronda2.jpg (58 KB, 876x493) Image search: [Google]
ronda2.jpg
58 KB, 876x493
>>341030309
>introduce SHARED WEAPONS POOL. No unique weapons for drastically different sides anymore
This annoys the fuck out of me in games

>bububububut balance
nigger BF1942, MoH and CoD 1 were balanced and they had unique weapons for each side. No faction specific weaponry just lets you be fucking lazy.

>try BC2:Vietnam
>oh boy a vietnam game finally
>Vietcong spawns with M16s and Colt 1911s
instant uninstall
>>
File: 1000yardStare.jpg (140 KB, 1280x793) Image search: [Google]
1000yardStare.jpg
140 KB, 1280x793
>>341030309
Don't forget the GOD AWFUL

>RPG style leveling system

IF I WANTED TO PLAY WOW, I'D FUCKING CUT OFF MY BALLS AND DIE!!!!!
>>
>>341030921
Are (You) seriously saying that Halo had balanced weapons?
>>
>>341030831
> killstreaks weren't even close to what they are today
The point is they were in the game. Having them, even if not as bad as they are today, alone paved way to the faggotry that is todays FPSs.

>the loadouts you chose were still based on which side of the map you were one, long range sniping or rushing attack routes
You missed the point.
Pre CoD4:
>Russians have AKs n shit
>Burgers have M4s n shit

post CoD4
>Russians have high end US gear
>Americans have low tech Russian gear because muh choices
>>
>>341031220
but unlike the older CoDs, the campaign in 4 wasn't diverse enough to warrant faction based weapons in the multiplayer. in keeping with the special forces theme of the game, you can customize your guns. and just because they had basic killstreak rewards didn't mean they had to inject them with steroids in the later games. they could have improved other aspects of the game but they chose not to. the only game mode they had any effect on was Domination, anyway. and i thought it was really fun to place airstrikes on the flag points.
>>
>>341031140
No, not what I meant though for the series in genral, CE has better then average balance, which fucking says something about how fucking shit 2 and 3's balance is

I meant that Halo CE had no mp maps ripped from SP, and didn't have health regen, which are true
>>
>>341031140
you could pick up better ones retard
>>
>>341030309
no Goldeneye did
>>
Not having faction specific weaponry is one of the biggest bullshit trends in themed multiplayer FPSs.
>>
>>341030309

At least the campaign was pretty fucking great.

>tfw COD4 was about a gang of SAS operators doing awesome shit with some grounding in reality
>tfw they've gone full sci fi
>COD will literally never be as good as the Stalingrad mission in WAW again
>>
>>341031482
I thought that OP meant to put another meme arrow before the word campaign.

Also,
> Timberland isn't the campaign level Halo
>>
>>341031912
that mission was dumb, the japanese missions were the best.
>>
>>341031916
>implying PC maps count when they weren't in the original game
>>
>>341031991

>When the Japanese go full BANZAI mode towards the end

Scary as fuck.
>>
>>341030309
Y'all are autistic.

Vietcong/Russians/sandnigs have all used US weaponry before (irl). Google insurgents with us weapons. Soviets in ww2 even used us weapons.
>>
>>341032440
The number of people using enemy weapons compared to people using their own is fucking miniscule.

>a handful of people in WW2 didn't wear helmets
>lets make the whole game with nobody wearing a helmet because technically it's correct.
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.