[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Skyrim SE
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 3
File: skyrim-1-700x350.png (36 KB, 700x350) Image search: [Google]
skyrim-1-700x350.png
36 KB, 700x350
What they did, and what it means:

Ported it to the FO4 engine iteration.
>everything ENB does without having to rape your system with ENB
>actually stable
>dx11
>no sub-4gb ram limit (this is huge)
>x64
>settlement engine potentially included

Upped the graphic fidelity.
>better textures
>better lighting
>better shaders
>higher polycount
>better object density
>all without having to download poorly implemented mods that were abandoned years ago and conflict with everything

Free on Steam if you own the base game + DLC
>free to people who aren't piratefags
>free to piratefags by default

This is literally the best thing I've heard from Bethesda in years.
>>
>>341026469
O, neat
>>
Its gonna fuck with 99% of mods and look more shit anyway.
Cool that its free though

Do you have sauce on any of this shit?
>>
>>341026469
>free if you own game+ dlc
Uhh okay, so for literally no one?
I refuse to believe anyone out there bought horse armour.
>>
>>341026603
Literally the press conference.
>>
>>341026684
>horse armor

It's Hearthstone + Dragonborn + Dawnguard.

Dragonborn + Dawnguard are fucking amazing, and hearthstone is $5.
>>
>>341026684
The legendary edition has been 20 bucks a few times on sale.
I'm sure plenty of people have all the dlc
>>
>>341026469
>Free on Steam if you own the base game + DLC
When did they say this?
>>
File: notsureifserious.jpg (29 KB, 695x316) Image search: [Google]
notsureifserious.jpg
29 KB, 695x316
>>341026684
horse armor is for oblivion...
>>
>>341026704
????
They didn't say shit about it being free, fallout 4 engine etc. They just said CONSOLE MODDSS and HD TEXTURES. It was like a ten second reveal after fallout shelter.
>>
>>341026870
Literally during the press conference with everything else in the OP.

>>341026891
No. They literally directly said or showed ALL of it. Go watch it again you blind and deaf fuck.
>>
>>341026982
Yeah faggot, I watched it and I don't remember that being said.
>>
>>341026469
I expect maybe 60% of OP is true.
>>
I'm really hoping existing mods will work with the remaster, especially Frostfall.
>>
File: TechENBv3.jpg (2 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
TechENBv3.jpg
2 MB, 1920x1080
>>341026469
>Ported it to the FO4 engine iteration.
Maybe
>everything ENB does without having to rape your system with ENB
Except it looks 3 times worse than your average modded Skyrim that can be ran at 1080p/60 fps with 970/390
>actually stable
Modded Skyrim is stable if you actually know wtf you're doing
>dx11
That's a huge deal because it will allow PC modding to push for even better, more optimized, graphics.
>no sub-4gb ram limit (this is huge)
You don't know that yet.
>x64
8k here I come
>settlement engine potentially included
Doubt it although they've mentioned new quests

Upped the graphic fidelity.
>better textures
>better lighting
>better shaders
>higher polycount
>better object density
>all without having to download poorly implemented mods that were abandoned years ago and conflict with everything

Once again it seems to me that you just sound like an illiterate retard who failed to install mods. Also don't count on higher polycount lmao.

Free on Steam if you own the base game + DLC
>free to people who aren't piratefags
>free to piratefags by default

That's pretty based although I Bethesda started using Denuvo this year so it's not like they're based towards pirates or anything.

>This is literally the best thing I've heard from Bethesda in years.

Maybe, doesn't change fact Skyrim is just an eye candy game with terrible gameplay and no amount of modding fixed it so far.
>>
>>341027058
Then you are blind, deaf, and likely in denial.

>>341027080
100% if it was directly stated or literally SHOWN during the conference.
>>
>>341026820
Hearthfire
>>
>>341027205
>>341026982
Troll OP is troll.
At least be open about your speculation so we can have a discussion.

https://youtu.be/pF2Qw9BI6Rg

For everyones reference.
>>
>>341027205
At this point everything is a lie until proven otherwise. What was shown was hype.
>>
>>341027159
The shaders, shadows, and water are all directly from the FO4 engine, and thy mentioned it during the sessler+webb hour.
>>
So, do we finally get object based lightning instead of the fucking fog lighting everything in this iteration?
>>
>>341027354
You can't ignore the nuggets dropped during the aftershow by sessler.
>>
for all the fucking retards: http://www.ign.com/articles/2016/06/13/skyrim-special-edition-free-for-pc-owners-of-original-game-and-all-dlc
>>
>>341026469
>better textures
>better lighting
>better shaders
>higher polycount
>better object density

Mods that do these things(whichever of them mods can do) probably don't conflict with anything except other mods that do these things, for whatever that's worth.
>>
>>341027416
Textures still look like shit though, wouldn't count on higher polycount either as it's by far the most time consuming work from all things mentioned in previous post. Just look at the PS3/PS4 comparison used in their own trailer, textures are still as flat and lifeless as they were in vanilla. I mostly noticed shaders and lighting but that's what ENB did in the first place.
>>
>>341027513
Link to him saying any of this?
I don't want to watch anymore of that bald headed fuck than I have to.
>>
I like it simply because then I dont need to install it on an SSD to get sane loading times with 4k textures.
>>
>>341026469
>Ported it to the FO4 engine
IT'S THE SAME FUCKING ENGINE YOU RETARDED BETHSHILL. Holy fuck why are Todd cocksuckers so fucking stupid?
>>
>>341028336
>same engine
>skyrim is 32bit
>FO4 is 64bit

End yourself
>>
>>341026469
>Free on Steam if you own the base game + DLC
noice
>>
>>341027920
>>341027058
>>341026469
>>341026603
>>341026684
>>341026891
>>341026870

http://www.ign.com/articles/2016/06/13/skyrim-special-edition-free-for-pc-owners-of-original-game-and-all-dlc
>>
>>341028336
Just like the source engine is the same quake 2 engine it was based on, right?
>>
>>341027159
>new quests
I hope they added an option to turn in that lighthouse Argonian.
>>
>>341027781
Right, but literally all of the "new" shaders and lighting they showed off are directly from the FO4 engine which is dx11+x64.

Also: an ENB preset equivalent to what it offers takes me from 242fps to 54. Being built by non-complete-retards will likely lessen that impact a bit.
>>
Have they mentioned any changes theyre doing to the base game aside from graphical stuff?
>>
>>341029909
No.

All we know so far is in the OP.
>>
>>341026469
Those are some good pros. Unfortunately the cons still outweigh it

Cons:
>It's still Skyrim
>>
>>341029772
>Being built by non-complete-retards

But the current ENBs weren't built by Beth devs.
>>
i hope they include sexy mods into base game
>>
I hope this means more patches to the game.
Shit's buggy as fuck, and I would prefer official patches... the agin this is Bethesda. The oficial patches will more likely need more unofficial patches.
Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.