[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How do you feel knowing the only good Fate-related game in ages
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 3
File: ccc.jpg (162 KB, 408x700) Image search: [Google]
ccc.jpg
162 KB, 408x700
How do you feel knowing the only good Fate-related game in ages isn't translated?
>>
I am learning japanese, still my vocabulsry is too low to enjoy it
>>
There is a fan translation being made. Hopefully it won't be abandoned.
>>
>>341027480
Hopefully it will.
>>
>>341027480
It will come out after tsukihime's remake, if it ever will
>>
>>341027679
Why?
>>
File: 1435957046302.jpg (48 KB, 561x466) Image search: [Google]
1435957046302.jpg
48 KB, 561x466
>it gets fan translated
>people call it shit
Watch. It's going to happen
>>
File: 1353177017411.jpg (51 KB, 340x480) Image search: [Google]
1353177017411.jpg
51 KB, 340x480
>the only good fate-related game
A shitty game with a rock paper scissors combat system? That's the best there is?
>>
>>341025606
There are no good games related to Type Moon.
>>
>>341027967
Obviously.
After you play something it always become shit.
How can we hate it otherwise?
>>
>>341028269
But /v/ always hates games they haven't played.
Doubly so if the game isn't even released yet.
>>
Let’s talk about Type-Moon.

The first ever eroge I played was Tsukihime, more than 6 years ago. It’s been so long now that I barely remember how it all went; all I know is that it became my gateway to this niche hobby that’s now pretty much inseparable from my online identity. Over the past few years, I’ve immersed myself in the Type-Moon community – I read and watched pretty much every translated Type-Moon thing from the original Fate/stay night VN to the very obscure Angel Notes short story.

At some point, I stopped. You could say I grew out of the obsession – all that was left to do in the T-M community were power level arguments and wait for translations to come out of thin air.

Fast forward to July-August 2015, when Fate/Grand Order got released. At first, I was planning to play it only for Sakurai Hikaru’s portions of the scenario. But there was no escape from the moment I installed the game on my phone – I fell hopelessly in love once more with the dumb memes, the quirky but incredibly fun characters, and the vast setting that the franchise is known for. But on the other hand, coming back to the Fate/ franchise after a long absence also led to a realization:

No one in the English Type-Moon community knows what they’re talking about.

Spending my time lurking Fate/Grand Order threads, as well as seeing various opinions on the recent Unlimited Blade Works anime has only reinforced that opinion. Much of the opinions I’ve seen on Fate/stay night – and by extension, Kinoko Nasu as a writer – are based on horribly twisted “common knowledge” and endlessly-parroted memes on Nasu’s knowledge of sexual intercourse and proper writing – both of which can be blamed on sub-par translations and adaptations of his games.
>>
>>341027967
Before the translation, only people that liked the games and knew japanese play it, so of course, it gets praised.

After it gets translated, a lot more people that were interested but didn't have the will to learn moonrunes try it out, and since they aren't THAT invested in the game and haven't put much effort, their opinions are more agressive and the actual flaws are more apparent for them.

Then, after a couple of threads, people that were NOT interested at the start play it to see what all the fuss is about. Obviously, a lot more from that group didn't like the game and blow all the faults out of proportion.

See Trails in the Sky. Japanese fans overhyped as one of the greatest JRPG for the supposed amazing storyline, characterization, world building or something along those lines, and then a couple of people played it and pointed out the slow pacing, mediocre gameplay, the so called "amazing" characters as just big cliches long overdone...

It happens.
>>
>>341028767
Trails faggots are so insufferable nowadays. They think their game is the fucking holy grail.
>>
>>341028767
What about the reverse.
People praise an english translated game way more compared to the japanese player / primary audience.
>>
>>341029286
That happened with the Zero Escape series actually.
>>
>>341029723
Yeah. but that's because EOPs aren't too used to Uchikoshi The Future From Past Twist Hack.
>>
>>341029286

What about 10 years old shovelware being ported to a new platform and the people swearing only by that platform celebrating the occasion as if it was the arrival of a long time classic when anyone having played the game found it mediocre
>>
I really liked the original.

The combat is mediocre in regular battles, but is good at boss battles.

Still, i see why most people dont like it. Then i played tamamo's route and made rockpaperscissors my bitch.

Fuck the combat system, i got spells to cast.
>>
>>341029723
Because Zero Escape had too few waifus for the Japanese crowd, so they leaned more towards Danganronpa
>>
>>341031448
Nah, it because it was way too dark and violent for their tastes
>>
>>341025606
I wouldn't know, I never played it since it wasn't translated.
>>
>>341030158
>The combat is mediocre in regular battles, but is good at boss battles.

Combat is shitty rng rock paper scissors. It's shit now matter how you try to defend it.
>>
>>341031448
They asked a couple of Japanese people why they didn't buy it and they said it was because it seemed "way too scary".
>>
>fan translation starts
>few months later
>he guys animelove666 here and srry but due 2 real life stuff i wil not be doin da translation anymore... no i will not make my work public lulz...soz!!

every
fucking
time

all I wanted was little busters EX to be released, but the fuckers were slow as shit, despite it being 99% done, and now its never being updated because they got hired to translate late the perfection edition for the west, but that edition doesnt have the H scenes

i dont really care for the cgs, I just wanna know the fucking context to them
>>
People seem to complain about Fate/Extra combat, but is there really an issue? With most other JRPGs you just spam "Attack" anyway right? At least with Fate/Extra it's about pattern recognition, unless you want to get battered around until you see the full patterns get revealed.

Personally I thought it was more fun than the old standard "spam the attack function" I usually do with JRPGs. It was a bit more involved.

It's probably why >>341030158 says it's good for boss battles. Just spamming your strongest skill isn't effective here, nor can you just spam attack. It's a lot more high stakes than a normal match and you have to recognize the patterns on the fly instead of slowly learning them while grinding.
>>
>>341025606

I don't give a shit I just want Tsukihime remake
>>
>>341032039
I got tired of the usual attack,heal use limit break whatever routine that jrpgs had.

At least it tried to be different. And watching underdog the first few stages then completely blowing the battle system off with her skills was great. And her bosses could still fuck you up even then, so it balances out.

As i said though, if i wasnt a fan of the franchise i wouldnt have tolerated it enough to get to that point.
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.