[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Patches, updates, expansions or DLC, have made all three of these
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 2
File: holy_ones.png (148 KB, 650x835) Image search: [Google]
holy_ones.png
148 KB, 650x835
Patches, updates, expansions or DLC, have made all three of these games better from their original release.

Very rare to witness such a rebirth. Let's take a moment to admire such greatness.
>>
>>341020443
upgrading diablo from 2/10 to 3/10 dosen't mean it no longer sucks
>>
File: image.gif (85 KB, 450x523) Image search: [Google]
image.gif
85 KB, 450x523
>division

>we don't suck
>>
>>341020443
B-b-but Ubisoft is evil and don't bother updating games all they care about is initial sales.
>>
>>341020624
>>341020443
Dont know about sims and diablo 3, but the division is miles better from its launch. Having fun ganking other rogues and stealing their gear.
>>
>>341020443
>Sims 4
no, it still sucks. It's debatable if it'll ever be as good as Sims 3 because it'll never get an open world. The only thing really better about it is the CAS.
>>
>>341020443
But all those games were, and are, shit.
>>
>>341020443
The Division is made by Ubidowngrades and therefore forever shit by default.
>>
>>341020443

I'd say the holy trinity of "patching can legit save a game" has been, at least this last gen...

>Mario Kart 8
Went from good to fucking great with patching/DLC
>Splatoon
Went from good to fucking great with the free patches
>Mario Maker
Went from restrictive as fuck to slightly less restrictive but also easier to find good levels
>>
Blizzard actually managed to make worse loot system than in d3 vanilla. And i hated AH.
>>
>>341020443
Diablo 3 actually got worse.
Pre nerfed Diablo 3 was good if you played HC.
>>
>>341021552
Yeah playing a Demon Hunter sure was viable!
>>
>>341021524
>Splatoon
the "free patches" were literally on-disk
they weren't patches, they were a metered release system designed to sustain interest in the game and prevent the community from dying out.

basically small-scale episodic
>>
>>341021709
it was
>>
>>341021859
not him, but playing 'kite mobs around the map' was hardly considered viable.

I started as demon hunter, got geared well enough to do lite act3 farming, but ultimately gave in and made the switch to barb.
>>
>>341020443
>The Division
KEK. Doesnt even have a general on /vg/
>>
>>341021859
You'd get one-shot by anything on Act III/IV Inferno. Farming chests was the only viable way to get upgrades (or the fucking auction house)
>>
>>341021993
>kite mobs around the map

every class did this especially in inferno.
>>
>>341020443
Division is so good that after 700 000 ppl bought it only 9 000 still plays it...
And those are the numbers AFTER LIFE SAVING DLC.

Is this some pathetic try to spark some interest by anon in soon to be dead game ? I see the division is on top of ms paint pyramid...
>>
Sims 4 did not improve.What are you on?
>>
>>341022052
>Farming chests was the only viable way to get upgrades (or the fucking auction house)
>nhc cucks abusing

lmao actually people with a brain farmed goblins and made mad gold.
>>
>>341022120
Yes its all a big conspiracy to get Division discussion. Go play with your toys now timmy.
>>
>companies are now joining forces to create shills and damage control threads
Holy moly we are living in some desperate times aren't we?
>>
>>341022082
No they didn't unless you didn't spec right.

DH was the only class with that much of a problem and honestly for a game built from the ground up for endgame none of it was very fuggin good.
>>
I actually enjoy sims 4 now
still miss a few things from 3 but overall I'm more happy with 4 now
>>
>>341022390
>No they didn't unless you didn't spec right.
>wd and mage did not kite
ok mate.
>>
>>341022082
barbs could gear well enough to stand toe-to-toe, if you balanced your stats correctly. the problem was that getting that gear required the auction house, which made a lot of my time spent farming gold.

the majority of players never got the chance to truly play the game since the gear required never fuckin' dropped.
>>
>>341022490
Because it was not meant to be played through in day? Inferno should at least last for a 1 month or more.
>>
isn't The Division still fucked because important files are still client side rather than server side, so they can still be easily edited to mess with the game?
>>
>>341022613
I played for at least 8 months before I quit. getting the right gear took forever, but it wasn't the reason I lost interest.

the community felt dead, no one really understood how to gear, and the fact that a lot of my upgrades came from the AH, instead of drops, was the tipping point to make me quit.

I could farm nearly a billion gold before a useful item dropped. shitty stat rolls and uninteresting gear really didn't help.
>>
>>341020443
Replace the Division with Destiny.
>>
>>341023045
yes, but those players are perma banned when caught. eventually you'll see a lot less cheaters since they know there won't be a second chance.
>>
>>341022120
it's almost as if most people don't play the same game for 3 months straight unless it's one of the three well made and competitive multiplayer PC games on the market
>>
>>341020443
fuck that loser
>>
>>341021552
I bought Diablo 3 on launch and have been going back to it every 6 months or so
you gotta be out of your fucking mind to say 2.3 is not a hundred times more fun than auction house cancer vanilla or even 2.0
>>
>>341020443
is the sims 4 actually good or am I being rused?
>>
is division fun now?
have they done anything with the rouge zone?
are there any other weapons viable other than that smg?
>>
>>341020443
Oh god the sims 4 is such a massive abortion.
I have to believe they wanted to make the worst game possible to see if the unwashed masses would buy it anyway.
Your sims get random jobs and relationships if you switch houses but there's no ai story like in 3 so you had to switch if you wanted anything approaching a coherrent timeline.
That alone would be enough but throw in the unrealisitc hub world design as if the game were an unfunished mmo, fucking vile.
>>
>>341021785
>the "free patches" were literally on-disk

The first 2 levels were, yes. Do you not wonder why the game all of a sudden requires a 2GB download when you plug it in?
>>
>>341021524
Based Nintendo this gen.
>>
uhh no all these games are otter shit
>>
>>341020443

haha you are such a little cutie, sport

now go play outside, adults are talking here
>>
>>341020443
They're still garbage. Stop shilling. Go away. You are not fooling anyone. Diablo 3 will die and be forgotten and people will still be playing Diablo 2 and if blizturds shut down battle net support private servers will carry on. In fact it's a fucking travesty that these days a private server halfway across the planet has better ping than closed battle net, with appropriate gateway.
>>
>>341028758
>Diablo 3 will die and be forgotten and people will still be playing Diablo 2

lel
D3 is literally D2 now
just go on any diablo site and check the forum activity, how D3 compares to D2
this le classic pc games never die meme is cringeworthy
by the way D2 was utter shit on launch as well and people were saying the exact same shit about it, of course you probably didn't even have a PC back then
Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.