[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What's the most godlike hero combination in Darkest Dungeon?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 3
File: 611158.jpg (282 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
611158.jpg
282 KB, 1920x1080
What's the most godlike hero combination in Darkest Dungeon?
>>
4 Lepers
>>
Uninstall Wizards
>>
>>341017238
you don't like DD?
>>
>>341017627
No...quite the contrary...

I fucking love DD. I love the atmosphere, I love the dialogue, i love the way it plays, I love damn near everything about it....

I just fucking hate when the game says that the entire enemy party gets to go first despite having my damage dealers with much higher speed and getting my healer or main DD critted to death before I can even react.

I fucking hate how the developers have continuously made the game even more RNG bullshit during its lifespan. It's like they have no concept on how to make the game actually hard, so they just rank up the RNG to fuck with you. So you have some people who get piss easy runs due to favourable RNG, some people who get absolutely shit on by RNG, and then most of the crowd in this stupid limbo zone where they neither feel good at the game or bad at it either.

Ohh, and not to mention the absolute cancerous userbase from the minority that get lucky with RNG shitting on those who get unlucky.
>>
>>341018223
There's a speedrunning community to this game?
>>
>>341018223
i'm not a seasoned DD player but i feel like preparation is key to eliminating some of the RNG so you risk more by keeping your inventory space filled with treasure instead of healing shit or whatever.

RNG can be brutal but to me it feels somewhat like xcom in the way that you have to play to eliminate it as best you can.

and it's also nice with this game because when the RNG blesses you it feels extra nice.
>>
>>341018223
Sounds like the average Roguelikelikelike community
>>
File: 1450216598671.jpg (61 KB, 290x300) Image search: [Google]
1450216598671.jpg
61 KB, 290x300
>>341019037
>play some earlier builds
>can go on up until lvl 3+ without losing a hero
>just doing short dungeons and everything works well at least for most of the time

>play newest build
>"100% room battles"
>convulted mess of a map that requires a fuckton of backtracking every single time
>only two rooms don't have a battle in them
>lose at least one hero due to a random crit or just stressed to the absolute maximum every time
>>
honestly lads i think the RNG aspect of darkest dungeon has been dissected enough. i just wanted some tips on really good teams for now that champion missions are starting to become unavoidable.
>>
>>341019037
I gave DD the benefit of the doubt. But the fact that the RNG can fuck you over with literally (actual literally) nothing you could do by wiping out a character with a lucky crit or two before you can act is dumb. Perhaps you can say equip some death's door trinkets but you won't get any useful stats with those so they're a moot point.
Most of the trinkets aren just plain bad and make you feel like equipping them are a waste of time or more dangerous than they're worth.
And worst of all is the obscene grind that the game expects you to go through. Training up one hero that died is one thing. Requiring a minimum of 16 heroes to beat the last dungeon (assuming nothing goes wrong) is insane.
I having touched it since I beat it after launch though. Maybe updates changed things but I doubt it since the devs seem to think the only way to make something harder is to rig the slot machine.
>>
>>341019037
>preparation
Nt him but there's some stuff that you can't do shit about.
Guys just ate last halway? Let's go again because going through the door is tiring
Pack of rabid dogs out of fucking nowhere? can't do shit captain, they are moving first and you better praise the god that they don't get a crit.
Everything that involves the cove is bullshit too.
And then there's the fact that the game grows tedious half way in. The grind is real, I heard that devs tried to make it less of a hassle but to no avail. Fighting the same cultists over nad over again
>>
>>341019037

You're right to a degree, preparation eliminates problems from curios and minor inconveniences.

But Go fight Siren and have that fucking cunt steal your Hellion first turn AFTER buffing that bitch with debuff resistance.

Or fucking Wilbur's god damned lovetaps keeping half your party permastunned. Even multiple stuns in a row....

or just dog packs, or spider packs, either of those getting to go first and getting crits wrecks your day. I've had runs where I ran into a dog pack first thing, got two characters on deaths door within the first fight, and left because fuck that bullshit.
>>
>>341019485
>siren

Bring holy water to buff your resistance, smack the hellion with a stun.

Git good.
>>
>>341019485
Don't forget pounder. If that shit goes off then you are done, and chances are that it will go off first time unless you know about it before facing it. Party wiper right there.
>>
>>341019665
You didn't even ready my post did you?
>>
i was thinking this setup:
arbalest, vestal, houndmaster, bounty hunter
seems like good marking synergy potential, good stun capabilities and three characters that can heal.
>>
>>341019430
>Everything that involves the cove is bullshit too.

The Cove is literally made for people to suffer.
>>
battle heal needs a buff.

The biggest problem with the game is how important healers are on medium/large missions... and the healers are generally always in either the 3rd or 4th rows.

This results in a kind of bloat where non healer back row characters are always struggling to make it into the party because you essentially only have one non healer there.
>>
Reminder that DD is a seriously flawed game that takes every opportunity it can to waste your time, if you take a moment to think about it

This guy has it down:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Buwei6ZWqU
>>
File: 1453120748786.webm (982 KB, 711x400) Image search: [Google]
1453120748786.webm
982 KB, 711x400
>>341016493
>>341019037
Entirely relevant.
>>
>>341019780
No blight damage.
>>
>>341020281
Blight damage is only good for cove and ruins.
>>
>>341020281
Only a problem in the cove, and slightly in the ruins.

>>341019780
It's not a bad setup, but if you want a mark party you have to go with Occultist.

His mark is just far better then any other mark out there. Yes you get to deal with 0-14 heals...but hopefully RNG doesn't dick you and give you the 0 heal Bleed option.

Bounty Hunter is great fun though, Fucking love crits from that beast.
>>
My favorite combination personally would have to be Bounty Hunter in front, Houndmaster second, and the healer/black sniper gril in the back two slots. They dump damage out the ass if you prep up a mark for Bounty Hunter, and in general are a very tanky team (Houndmaster's self heal is OP as shit, and the healing class is also very strong with a full party heal).
>>
>>341019982
A lot of good points but

>complains about the collector
>doesn't attack the severed highwayman head

That's literally all you need to know about the fight. Kill the highwaymen if they're around. I have never struggled with the collector.

The real shithead is the shambler.
>>
>>341020538
>His mark is just far better then any other mark out there

Uh... not it's not?

Unless you're paired with a leper maybe?

BH/HM marks are the only moves in the game that lower prot. If you're gonna debuff something with the occultist stack weakening curse instead.
>>
>>341019982
>watch video
>pretty damn good commentary
>see massive video on fallout 4 by the same guy
>click on it
>3 minutes in
>"I have not played fallout 1 or 2 and never will"

dropped
>>
>>341019926
haven't finished the game even once, but I think a
>last wound received is automatically healed at the end of the battle
mechanic would go a long way towards reducing the need for healers
Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.