[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is there anything it did right?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 3
File: bajgtfnwa.jpg (254 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
bajgtfnwa.jpg
254 KB, 1920x1080
Is there anything it did right?
>>
>>341015296
It's the best Fallout game so far. But if we're not comparing it to previous installments, it's pretty shit.
>>
>>341015296
The world-building was alright.

Everything was slightly too squished together, but I liked exploring.
>>
verticality, the world itself, gunplay, a bunch of quests (esp the pirate robots and silver shroud ones)
>>
I like the feel of the power armor.

The crafting is a fun idea, just not fleshed out enough.

I like how it inspired me to reinstall New Vegas.
>>
>>341015296
It wasn't Fallout 3
>>
>>341015296
Plenty. Now stop it with this meme.
>>
>>341015296
The power armour felt right, though the need to scrounge power cores felt arbitrary and reeked of an inability to balance a fun mechanic with the rest of the game.
>>
>>341015296
New Vegas is best
>>
It tried to do too much. They tried to take the best of New Vegas, the best of Fallout 3 while also having a voiced protagonist and dumbed down RPG elements (so that le 10 year olds don't have to think too much or, god-forbid, read). It didn't end up too well but maybe there's hope.
>>
It has better gunplay than 3/NV, if we're not counting the Borderlands aspect to it
Graphics is similar with Fo1/2 CG
There are more quests than FO3
Boston is better than DC
>>
>>341016030
Fusion cores are common as fuck. Do you live in your power armor or something. No way in hell you should ever come close to running out
>>
>>341016602
>Do you live in your power armor or something.
Why the fuck wouldn't I? It's power armour. It's the best part of the game. It feels like the only part of the game that's actually a fallout game instead of a boring post-apoc survival game.
>>
>>341016030
>>341016602
Who the fuck actually used power armour in 4?
Fusion cores are for Gatling lasers only.
>>
Exploring the city was an intense experience. Fighting block by block through raider territories, sneaking by conflicts breaking out left and right was a great experience. The atmosphere wasn't too bad. Settlements were a giant missed opportunity. They're not too bad as they are now, but they could have been so much more.
>>
>>341015296
brought back damage types and resistances (but not to the full extent of the original games)
slow-mo VATS
>>
No, it did nothing right. Bethesda should be considered as terrible as EA.

Bethesda, where beloved franchises are raped beyond recognition.
>>
The scenery was pretty.
Settlements were an interesting idea, but executed poorly.
Some neat companions.

That's it.

There's not a SINGLE memorable quest in that fucking game.
>>
>>341017039
The silver shroud.
That's it and only if you used silver shroud choices through the entire mission
>>
>>341016893
This.

I enjoyed world building too. Fights were intense and even more with the increased spawns mod.
>>
Everything was great for me except of the fucked up textures that can be seen from high areas. And the retarded quests. I only have 10 mods installed for this game and the experience is superb.
>>
File: 1424724742727.jpg (64 KB, 616x689) Image search: [Google]
1424724742727.jpg
64 KB, 616x689
Gunplay was good.

Basically everything else was a step down from the previous games.
>>
>>341015296

Animations
>>
>>341016747
>Why the fuck wouldn't I

Because it looks fucking stupid to go shopping in a full suit of armor.

>>341016789
>using heavy weapons

I still wear my vault suit with leather armor cause it looks cool and it keeps the game challenging.
>>
>>341018351
>not using heavy weapons
Built my first character to breeze through the harder areas and difficulties.
Sadly their is no white anchorage army gear to go with the polymer combat gear i use so my guy looks like a retard
Thanks Todd
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.