[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I've decided to finally play morrowind. Probably gonna go
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 4
File: morrowind_1_by_mbanshee-d960ee2.jpg (189 KB, 1264x632) Image search: [Google]
morrowind_1_by_mbanshee-d960ee2.jpg
189 KB, 1264x632
I've decided to finally play morrowind. Probably gonna go mage class cus I've heard the magic is absurdly exploitable. Any tips to make the game better/easier/more fun?
And I'm playing vanilla cus so dw about mods
>>
Install morrowind overhaul 3.0
>>
>>341014281
No overhaul, I'm not a casual
>>
>>341014184
Get MCP (Morrowind Code Patch), it fixes a lot of bugs, major and minor. There are also some features added which are entirely optional.
That's all you need if you want to play 100% vanilla.

>>341014554
>I'm not a casual
Why do you want tips then? Just play it. All the fun is in the exploration and learning curve. Don't read wikis. Just play the fucking game.
>>
File: 1465043192073.jpg (21 KB, 300x400) Image search: [Google]
1465043192073.jpg
21 KB, 300x400
>>
The only mod beyond bug fixing I ever use is to fix the godawful leveling system (gcd)

But from what I understand most plebs who played Morrowind/Oblivion weren't as triggered by it so idk
>>
>>341014184
It took me a while to play morrowind in any kind of longterm. I got it first on Xbox and somehow didn't anticipate fucking minutes-long load times, so I always thought it was a tremendous slog.

On PC it's less so, but not smooth, mostly because I have a touchpad so looking and moving at once is a pain in the ass
>>
Im playing it for the first time right now and I chose to play a short blade assassin stealth nothin personnel type

and the game just wont let you, it's a meelee warrior combat anyway, cant even stealth stab enemies or know when Im being spotted

cant even kill some 3 common bandits in the asshani quest

I think Ill make a new warrior character especially that I figured a way to grab the blade of woe without getting caught (yes I use wiki alot), and as a short blade character I cant use it properly
>>
>>341017174
>and the game just wont let you
It does, it's just very hard for a stealth character at the beginning.
>>
Longblade has the best and most easily available weapons.
Heavy armor is really fucking heavy and makes it hard to hoard everything you come across (which is what you want to do because it is fun)
The best Light Armor is also infinitely easier to come across compared to the heavy equivalent. It is also nearly as good.
Alchemy is really fucking useful but don't get it as major skill.
Drink stamina potions.
>>
>>341017174
>yes I use wiki alot
Why? I know how tempting it is, but don't fucking do it. It'll ruin all the fun if you know too much.
>>
>>341018385
Ruin the fun of wasting 100s of hours learning the system even someone else has
>>
>>341019296
Half of the fun lies in learning the system.
Gaming was a lot more interesting before the internet tried its hardest to hold your hand.
>>
>>341015827
What's so bad about the leveling system?
>>
>>341020486
To be fair the wiki is the closest thing to a manual these days, it's just that you can get carried away and learn too much.
>>
>>341014184
I tried to run Morrowind through Steam and it CTD every time. Patched it, looked up troubleshooting online, memory fixes etc. but just can't get it to the title screen.
>>
>>341020956
>it's just that you can get carried away and learn too much
Yeah, and almost everyone does. It's just too tempting, when all the information is a click away.
>>
File: 1409000465895.jpg (116 KB, 500x715) Image search: [Google]
1409000465895.jpg
116 KB, 500x715
>>341015665
>make an edit about building a giant wall to keep the normies out of the ashlands
>make an edit to make Lorkhan great again
>>
install OpenMW

it's an open source and modern reimplementation of the engine that fixes a lot of things and has great performance. ignore the people who say to install MCP and other old unnecessary shit

try not to use wiki

have fun
>>
>>341021015
>>341022656
>>
>>341022656
Does it fix everything the MCP fixes? Probably not.
Does it add any of the features? Of course not.
>>
File: 1465031229227.jpg (451 KB, 583x1000) Image search: [Google]
1465031229227.jpg
451 KB, 583x1000
>>
>>341014184

Honestly would recommend melee for first class. By all means have some magic majors/minors but if you roll pure mage first playthrough you'll hate it.

Just to get to grips with the game I'd seriously recommend an imperial legion soldier type build.
>>
>>341014184
>playing Morrowind last night
>tab out
>tab back in
>my second monitor goes black
>its still on and connected but all it displays is a black screen
>nothing I do fixes it
>morrowind has literally, without exaggeration, broken my computer
Todd you fucking knob.
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.