[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why can't i see a Horn on BB's forehead here? Also,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 7
File: hqdefault.jpg (8 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
8 KB, 480x360
Why can't i see a Horn on BB's forehead here?

Also, if he has his Horn and Cyborg Arm (which he should have) how come Solid Snake doesn't realize?
>>
Tech became good enough to fix/hide both problems.
>>
>>341009979
It got better
>>
>>341009979
I thought operation intrude n313 was the first metal gear?
And that's MG2
>>
Because "the phantom pain" didn't happen. It's all a hallucination through ocelots mind control.
>>
File: conjuring-2-demon-nun_i6mtiq.jpg (39 KB, 680x440) Image search: [Google]
conjuring-2-demon-nun_i6mtiq.jpg
39 KB, 680x440
>MGSV's final trailer will be one year old tomorrow.

I'm still not over it. Fuck you Kojima, fuck you.
>>
>>341010189
oh you're right. things count for MG1 as well though.
>>
File: image.jpg (24 KB, 256x212) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
24 KB, 256x212
>>341010448
You only see a very low res sprite of big boss in the first MG though.
>>
>>341009979

Because BB did not have a horn, Venom did

Peace Walker = Big Boss
Ground Zeroes = Big Boss
The Phantom Pain = Venom Snake
Metal Gear 1/Operation Intrude N313 = Venom Snake
Metal Gear 2: Solid Snake = Big Boss
>>
That's the entire point of MGS5's stupid plot twist. You kill Venom in MG1, you "almost" kill BB in MG2. Is /v/ retarded?
>>
>>341012209
>>341012060
You don't see Venom Snakes Traits (Horn and Arm) in MG1 though.
>>341011737
That pic is from MG2 as well.
>>
Actually that's Sean Connery.
>>
>>341012337
Well maybe because sprites are small as fuck and the game was made 30 years before MGS5 which obviously was a retcon?
>>
>>341012509
>Well maybe because sprites are small as fuck and the game was made 30 years.

That doesn't explain why Solid Snake doesn't realize the differences in appearance.

Also
>MGS5 which obviously was a retcon?

no shit sherlock. the whole point of this thread is obviously to point out that the retcon wasn't well executed.

You're IQ must be pretty low to not realize whats going on here.
>>
>>341009979
Because the horned, cyborg armed snake was venom snake. AKA, Medic., you cunt.
>>
>>341012770
Who is also known as "Big Boss". What are you trying to say?
>>
>>341012713
>You're IQ
How ironic.
We know the shitty double BB isn't well executed but it's still obvious Kojima planned for this.
There's nothing to argue about a shitty convoluted story.
>>
>>341012375
wat
>>
File: image.jpg (203 KB, 885x1065) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
203 KB, 885x1065
>>341015474
Here, underage.
>>
>>341009979
That's Big Boss from MGS2:SS.

You are thinking of Venom, from MG1.
>>
File: grayfox.png (300 KB, 724x618) Image search: [Google]
grayfox.png
300 KB, 724x618
The portrait of Big Boss posted by OP stems from Metal Gear 2 Solid Snake. Venom Snake AKA the Medic, who had the shrapnel-horn and prosthetic hand, did not appear in MG2SS. This is the real big boss you see here.

Venom Snake was killed in the first, original Metal Gear. There, Snake is the only one to receive a codec portrait. You only see Venom Snake as a small sprite, which would have made it impossible to make out his unique features. Especially considering that these features could have easily been hidden with a glove and some longer hair or some form of headwear.

Additionally, the twist of Metal Gear Solid V The Phantom Pain has obviously not yet been planed when the original Metal Gear games came out. So there's nothing in-game in MG and MG2SS, which hints at Big Boss' phantom. All the crucial information stems from MGSVTPP.
>>
>>341017417
>fight him twice
>in the first game he's obviously acting suspicious and not composed trying to send you to traps
>second time after he should be dead is much more calm with a different personality
Yeah no, it was planned out.
>>
File: MG1_Big_Boss.png (2 KB, 717x124) Image search: [Google]
MG1_Big_Boss.png
2 KB, 717x124
This is all you see of what is now Venom in Metal Gear 1. A 3 color(including outline) sprite that is 64 pixels tall. He has no portrait or anything. Also you don't know if Venom eventually with 1995 technology has his scars/horn removed and a more realistic prosthetic.
>>
>>341018126
Are you being sarcastic? It was just a difference in presentation. MG2 had a lot more dialogue and more detailed story. No, it was not planned.

Also, the Big Boss that talks to you over the radio in MG1 *is* the Big Boss of MG2. Venom Snake is just the poor goon Snake ends up fighting.
>>
>>341020068
So who sent him to do operation intrude N313?
At the end of MG1 venom says "I sent a rookie like yo to do this mission so false info would be sent to the west"
Why would big boss keep wanting solid to fail?
>>
>>341018779
/thread
>>
>>341020504

Because Solid was a Patriot puppet, if you actually listened to BB at the end of MGS4, he explained that everything he, Liquid and Solidus did was to stop the Patriots after they went haywire, that included trying to stop Snake.
>>
>>341018779
The recent novelization confirms that he has the horn.

Now they need to explain how Big Boss eventually rejoined Foxhound.
>>
>>341020504
The "I sent a rookie..." thing being something Venom says is just something you'll have to chalk up to Venom wanting to maintain the illusion, I guess. Big Boss is the one at FOXHOUND. He and Venom were working together. Or, more accurately, Venom was presumably working under Big Boss's instruction. Big Boss himself is ultimately in charge of Outer Heaven (just like before). The only thing MGSV changed is that instead of Big Boss surviving, as MG1's ending hints and every other game suggests, Snake kills Venom in Big Boss's stead.
>>
>>341020987
Those are a lot of HOT and SPICY assumptions.
>>
>>341021110
Not really. We know Big Boss was in charge of FOXHOUND and Outer Heaven. MGSV's timeline again affirms that this remains the case. So why would anything else be different aside from Venom's role as Big Boss's doppelganger on base? There's no reason to think any other alterations were made the story.
>>
>>341021369
Wait.
Wait.
Are we agreeing that venom and big boss were planned all along or what?
>>
>MG1 implies Big Boss survived
>MGSV retcons it to be a plothole when it isn't
>Other characters like Grey Fox and Madnar survived the same thing.

Fucking Comic Book tier bad.
>>
>>341021667

That's what I thought back when the spoiler surfaced. The game clearly stated he was a cyborg now or some shit.
>>
>>341021601
No? Because Kojima has always admitted he makes shit up as he goes and if he actually intended on something as stupid as Venom Snake from the start he would have introduced the idea in MG2 or one of the five MGS games before MGSV. It's an obvious retcon.

I'm saying the only significant thing MGSV changes about MG1 and the broader MG story is that Snake fights Venom in MG1 and not Big Boss. That's all. Venom Snake isn't much more than a footnote in importance.
>>
Because Kojima is a hack
let me remind you

Kojima is 100% responsible for 4, PW, and V, not Konami

Kojima is the one who made Metal gear awful, not Konami

The person who told him "no," left after MGS3
>>
>>341022236
I would correct you about 4, but god damn.

Kinda makes me like MGS1 more as a stand alone. It was simple(ironically) and had plenty of subplots that tied together pretty neatly.
>>
>>341022236
sure konami sure
>>
File: 2504459-liquid.png (134 KB, 320x320) Image search: [Google]
2504459-liquid.png
134 KB, 320x320
DAILY REMINDER -

It was Liquid Snake posing as Solid Snake in Metal Gear 1, to kill the phantom.

Hence the tape conversation after the Truth Mission where Kaz allies with the Phantom and Solid, and Ocelot with real BB.

Naturally Liquid would ally with Ocelot and real BB to kill the Phantom.
>>
>>341024253
But Venom was loyal to BB until the end.
This is why code talker warns Venom of Kaz's intent to betray him "eyes on kazuhira"

Kaz is the only one who gets buttmad, there would be no reason for BB, Ocelot and Liquid to conspire to kill Venom.
Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.