[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I'm a Neet, and I've just ran out of money. I really
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 68
Thread images: 12
I'm a Neet, and I've just ran out of money. I really want to buy Warhammer Total War though, and I need a way to make $60 quickly. What should I do?

I probably should just donate plasma, right? Especially after the recent fag attacks, I could do it and make it seem like I was trying to help people instead of just making quick money to buy a video game so I could pretend to be a Wizard King who is battling the armies of Chaos. Do you know any other ways to make $60 real quick?
>>
>>341004848
I would also suggest you check sites like GMG to get the 20% off.
>>
>>341004848
>I've just ran out of money
how did you get money in the first place?
>>
>donate
>earn money
not how it works

check the classifieds for someone that needs a room painted
paint the room
easy $100
>>
>>341005090
>have bro who would call himself NEET if he knew what it was
>In an axon group with him because old guild on ff14:arr
>He's always trying to get paid for leveling ppl's characters in random f2p mmos
>We all feel bad and indulge him occasionally
Wut a lief.
>>
You can offer your boipucci to old men
>>
>>341005090
I work occasional temp jobs for a few weeks at a time, no longer than two weeks usually, which yields a small amount of tax return money in addition to the money I make off of them. My dad is also an alcoholic, so I can return his beer cans (I live in Michigan which has a 10 cent recycling return, which is slightly higher than most states) which gives me about 20-25 dollars every week.
>>
>>341004848
>I'm a Neet, and I've just ran out of money
you have bigger issues than vidya you shit

Unless you wanna shove shit up your camwhoring ass for change, consider a mcjob

Plasma donations can lead to permanent scarring if you aren't careful
>>
>>341005197
He's talking about going to a plasma bank, which does pay like 20-30 dollars each time. Their little pamphlets call it "donating" to make you feel better about selling fluids for money. Someone's never been to college.
>>
>>341005371
you know how to work, why not get a job then?
>>
>>341005347
I have extremely bad intestinal problems and constipation from amphetamine abuse. Nobody wants to fuck around in that shit show down there.

>>341005381
I've clearly already fully given into escapism anon. Don't be a fag.
>>
>>341005347
How would I go about doing this?
>>
>>341005427
i guess it's just different here

donating means giving away

sorry to hear about all the drug addicts in your area
>>
>>341005474
I don't like it.
>>
>>341004848

Drive for Lyft and Uber. Set your own hours, make more than minimum wage, and there's no interview all you have to do is sign up online and get your vehicle inspected. You can make 50 bucks in a few hours and have it instantly deposited into your account through Lyft.

You do have a decent car and live in the city, right anon?
>>
>>341005427
>needing to go to college to know about plasma donation

>>341005547
>plasma going to drug addicts

Man, y'all kids are odd creatures.
>>
>>341005547
It's honestly a good way to offer quick money to people who need it while acquiring plasma for people who also need it. It's mutually beneficial for everyone. Who cares if the people who are donating are shitbags?
>>
>>341004848
sell scrap metal to recycling centers you can get some good money that way 50 cents a pound for metals like iron and steel
almost a dollar a pound per pound of solid copper
even better if you have friendsin your neighborhood you can offer to take recyclable metal for them
>>
>>341004848
get a job you useless neet.

HOLY SHIT how do people like you are still alive? Worthless faggot stop playing video games and find a job. You can earn 60$ in few hours.
>>
>>341005631
I actually rolled by car in a drunk driving excursion a few months ago, and now I have to just take my parents car when they fall asleep to do the shit I want to do.
>>
>>341005631

This right here. Perfect job for a neet. Don't need to worry about socializing since nobody wants to talk anyway
>>
>>341005818
What would you recommend for someone with no work experience whatsoever?
>>
File: 1465617731521.jpg (132 KB, 460x700) Image search: [Google]
1465617731521.jpg
132 KB, 460x700
>>341005818
Thanks for the advice, Mom.
>>
>>341005824

Lol say goodbye to literally the easiest money you can make thanks to the dui
>>
>>341005818
>how do people like you
>bashing someone else
wololo
>>
>>341005791
I've thought about this, but there are dedicated people around me that clean up on the scrap metal scene who live in the trailer parks around me. I would have to engage in some heavy competition.
>>
>>341005961
I didn't get a dui, I just rolled my car through a full spin back on to my tires and drove it home. I still fucked it up beyond repair, but I didn't get in trouble or anything for it.
>>
>>341005719
college towns almost always have a donation center because
1. it gives the premeds a place to intern
and
2. people are poor as fuck and thus willing to donate.
>>
File: 1434511004911.png (163 KB, 299x299) Image search: [Google]
1434511004911.png
163 KB, 299x299
>>341005598
That is not unique yet everyone who is in the same position hates them. I've seen mexicans do shit end jobs that no one even without an option would want to do.

To me, it beats the hell out of being at home all the time with a drunk and scrounging for 60 bucks for an okay game. But hey, whatever floats your boat.
>>
>>341006179
>anon flips the car and drives it home like it ain't no thing
Pretty GAR of you
>>
>>341005894
get a temp job, build experience, and by doing terrible jobs, get enough motivation to go to school/training to get a decent job.
>>
File: FifthElement_274Pyxurz.jpg (160 KB, 1600x1033) Image search: [Google]
FifthElement_274Pyxurz.jpg
160 KB, 1600x1033
>>341005072
I've literally never heard of this website, this is actually a beautiful revelation, holy shit. You have no idea how much this $13 dollars off means in my life. I live like $5 at a time, so saving $13 is a glorious victory on my part.
>>
>>341006641
I've never had a problem with Green man or GoG, but if you go looking for other key sellers be careful because there's some shady shit out there.

Glad I could help.
>>
>>341006531
I don't give a shit, I have an active imagination powerful enough that I can fully immerse myself in magical worlds of fantasy and ignore my surroundings. My dad and I have an understanding with our mutual means of escapism anyway. He's lived a shitty life of manual labor for 30 years to the point where he fully understand why I'm avoiding such a life myself with video games and movies. We in fact watch movies and play video games together.

We actually just scratched off the "foreman" title on the business cards the new construction company he just started working for gave him and wrote in "Lord Commander" after drinking together and watching Game of Thrones.
>>
>>341005598
One doesn't work because they like it, anon. They do it because they like having money and some form of financial security more than they dislike working. Get a job.
>>
>>341005427
>Someone's never been to college.
And you're proud of that? Lol, what a fucking waste.
>>
>>341007023
I'd rather scrounge around on the fringes of society in all honesty. I don't know why people work for more than a few weeks at a time really.
>>
File: 1463822550965.jpg (21 KB, 512x288) Image search: [Google]
1463822550965.jpg
21 KB, 512x288
>work almost 40 hours a week, but not exactly, so they can get away with asking me to stay till 7 without paying overtime, even when I work from 10 to 6
>have an hour commute to and from work, usually two since the buses in florida are fucking garbage tier and usually come in late anyway
>no parents to leech off of since raised by third world er grandparents who sent me off to live in murriva with drug addict relative until I got the hell out of there
>on top of that working on art stuff like comics and animation in my spare time, have to lose lots of sleep to get anything done

>tfw no time for vidya anymore
At least I can clock in a few minutes of doom every now and again. But I can't sit down and enjoy immersive stuff anymore.
>>
>>341006776
Thanks for the tip. I take every advantage like this that I can.
>>
>>341005474
For me, it's not about having to "work" that bothers me. I just absolutely loathe the idea of dealing with fucking normies all day, and that's not even what you're getting paid for. At least not outright.
>>
File: image.jpg (24 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
24 KB, 480x360
>>341007060
This is bait right? Or you're not a native speaker
>>341006929
I admire and pity you simultaneously. I really hope your values never change because of the amount of time you might feel like you wasted. It could happen to you 'cause it happened to me.
>>
>>341007240
You could easily just get a shitty 20 hours a week job and live the same life. You only live the way you do out of vanity and social subjection. You're being a fag bro, in all honesty. You're just trying to acquire things you don't need, and honestly don't even want. You could strive for all the artistic goals that you currently have without working the wage slave job that you do.
>>
>>341007605
You only pity me because you value social perception. I don't.
>>
File: 1463778552401.gif (566 KB, 469x163) Image search: [Google]
1463778552401.gif
566 KB, 469x163
>>341007240
Also forgot to mention
>no parents to leech off of, no saved up money, basically living from paycheck to paycheck and paying monthly in a motel, either it's going to work every damn day or its going homeless and probably dying, and basically have no time to get better shit like going to college or trade school

Some days it feels like it's not worth getting up anymore
>>
>>341007314
Try cdkeys.they are semi shady but have cheap as hell games.already bought a ton of games there
>>
>>341007707
I pity you because that might change some day like I said. I used to have a pretty similar mindset and living situation and now I'm moving towards normie-hood in terms of using my time "productively". I don't give a fuck what other people think but eventually I got really uncomfortable in that situation because of unreliable living like that can be. Pity was the wrong word though, sorry. More like worry.
>>
>>341007753
Do you really not have parents, or are you just a fag who doesn't understand that your parents are just extremely flawed people like yourself and can't reach some kind of understanding with them? My dad is a raging Ne0-Nazi alcoholic who is literally the most ridiculous man I've ever met, living in house filled with animals he doesn't take care of and their endless streams of piss and shit, but we make it work together somehow. You're probably just being a bitch in all honesty.
>>
>>341007987
Fuck normie-hood. You're moving in the wrong direction anon.
>>
>>341007631
Anon, I don't think you understand. Some people aren't lucky enough to get a good start on life.

I'm going to work so I can fucking eat and have a roof over my fucking head, man. I live in the literal cheapest place with the lowest rent and it fucking sucks because it's not technically your own place and they can and will evict you for any bullshit, and the price range of proper apartments is high enough that I cannot afford it without basically living on shitier food than I do now.

It's a tough fucking world out there, man.
>>
>>341008072
>no parents to leech off of since raised by third world er grandparents who sent me off to live in murriva with drug addict relative until I got the hell out of there.
>>
>>341005427
Lol, In my country, we do it for free.
>>
>>341008072
Well the relative I was living with basically was a violent fuck with issues and at the drop of a hat told me if I couldn't pay him rent to get the fuck out, so I got the fuck out.

Better to have your own bed than sleep in a bath tub with some really negative asshole screaming outside.
>>
>>341008165
It's really not that tough. You literally live in the easiest, most comfortable and most accepting era of human history and you're just being a big pussy. There is no issue you face that you couldn't overcome with only slight effort on your part.

>>341008229
There's literally nothing wrong with drug addicts. They're people just like you and I anon. You just have this faggy expectation that someone is supposed to take care of you above themselves. This isn't the world we live in. My dad is literally a Neo Nazi alcoholic who lives in a meth based ghetto and I absolutely love the man. I don't expect him to take care of me, we just live together, and we still manage to have a few nice things and have acquired the few luxuries we need to get through life. We have a nice TV and a really nice computer that we can play games on, and we're happy for it.
>>
>>341008526
Build a bridge and get over it anon. If you weren't such a fag, he probably would have wanted to keep you around. There's literally nothing wrong with sleeping in a bath tub. It's better than most other places to sleep.
>>
>>341008146
I kind of agree with you but I can't seem to find a lifestyle I can tolerate. NEET status is hard to maintain for me due to medical stuff and even if I could I get really depressed if I withdraw that much. If you can keep it going more power to you. Honestly though I'n extremely flat and unfriendly and only give completely technical advice at the electronics retailer I work at plus I come to work high all the time and no one's fired me yet. I do feel indignant about spending my time there but I'm not sure if that's narcissism or a normal human reaction.
>>
File: tumblr_muunh2Md0F1rcp7bmo1_1280.jpg (262 KB, 900x600) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_muunh2Md0F1rcp7bmo1_1280.jpg
262 KB, 900x600
>>341009072
Take amphetamines and escape into your imagination through books, movies and video games anon. You don't have to live in this world if you don't want to.
>>
File: 1464881911448.png (22 KB, 804x743) Image search: [Google]
1464881911448.png
22 KB, 804x743
>>341009008
>nothing wrong with sleeping in a bathtub

Not all of us are redbecks, anon.
>>
>>341009447
Don't respond to it, holy shit.
>>
>>341009447
I just don't have the same sense of entitlement as you do anon. I know I'm not guaranteed a comfortable place to sleep in my life.
>>
File: image.jpg (310 KB, 900x884) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
310 KB, 900x884
>>341009241
I'm trying to find a balance I like but if I feel like it's not possible I plan on doing just that (sans amphetamines most likely though I can't say I've tried 'em). It's been nice talking to you though. Hope you can keep the dream alive and maybe some day I'll join you. G'night anon, stay safe.
>>
>>341004848
sent ;)
>>
File: conan_throne.jpg (21 KB, 462x275) Image search: [Google]
conan_throne.jpg
21 KB, 462x275
>>341009962
It was a nice talk anon. I appreciate this kind of discourse.
>>
>>341006641
>>341007314
>>341004848
>not just waiting and pirating it

Am I missing something here? Why would you not do this, especially if you were low on money? I'm a NEET as well and I haven't paid for a game in years.
>>
>>341010748
Probably to play online or something.
>>
>>341010748
Do what?
>>
>>341010748
he may be a neet but at least he's not THAT fucking sad of human being to pirate games.
>>
>>341012448
For real. I love the Total War games and I would never pirate their work. I want them to have my money
>>
>>341012448
No, shut the fuck up for a second.

If he didn't have the money to buy their game, what harm is him pirating their game going to do? Absolutely fucking none.

In fact, it might even lead to him generating positive publicity for their game if he likes it, which works out to free advertising- they lose nothing.

On the other hand if he doesn't pirate their game, they gain nothing, and he doesn't get to play a game.

Piracy is good for the quality of the industry. It allows people to try a game before they buy it, at no additional cost or loss to the developer other than a sale which they never would have had anyway. It stops people from purchasing shitheaps like Battlefield 4 that are broken on release with no recourse to a refund in certain countries.

So fuck off with your anti-piracy corporate mentality. Piracy is not a bad thing.

This is coming from a person who has only pirated one game in their life, that game being Skyrim. And it saved me from accidentally giving money to Bethesda over that shitheap.

If you want to support a good developer, good for you. But if anon doesn't have the money, he doesn't have the money.
Thread replies: 68
Thread images: 12

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.