[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/v/: where developers giving you free shit is actively criticized.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 4
File: serveimage.jpg (31 KB, 640x425) Image search: [Google]
serveimage.jpg
31 KB, 640x425
/v/: where developers giving you free shit is actively criticized.

You know why this is a worse board than /tv/? Because you entitled 12-16 year olds think you know more about gaming than the adults who grew up with this shit.

You're all the reason nobody cares about gaming as an artform.
>>
File: entitled sims.jpg (225 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
entitled sims.jpg
225 KB, 1920x1080
"games as an artform" is the worst thing to happen to this industry. Fuck off you pretentious cunt
>>
File: 1463963692913.webm (749 KB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
1463963692913.webm
749 KB, 640x360
>>340987618
>gaming as an artform.

Top kek.
>>
File: 1432241056818.png (121 KB, 370x272) Image search: [Google]
1432241056818.png
121 KB, 370x272
>its free so you arent allowed to criticize it
>>
>>340987804
>is the worst thing
fuck off you pretentious cunt
>>
I see no one's contesting the fact you're all fucking teenagers.
>>
>>340987618
>You're all the reason nobody cares about gaming as an artform.
Good.
>>
>>340987618
Who in the right mind would want shit for free
>>
>>340987991
Oh no, I'm 27. I just hate what's been given to me.
Pretty simple idea once you think about it. Then again, first impressions lead me to believe you're not particularly well versed in that area.
>>
>>340987804
If you're like this faggot you like your boring fucking action shooter games that's killing the industry. We need more breakthroughs.
>>
>>340987618
>You're all the reason nobody cares about gaming as an artform.
And here's where I disregard everything you have to say.
>>
>>340987618
why are you here?
>>
>>340987618
I bet you've watched and loved every Marvel flick.
>>
>He's a games=art fag

I bet you think story is the most important aspect of a videogame.
>>
>>340987618
>you're the reason nobody cares about gaming as an artform

Normalfag here. You're wrong.

Nobody cares about gaming as an artform because it's difficult to enjoy them as an artform.

Compare it with music and visual art
>pop music isn't art, it's by and large just nice noises and lyrics which barely have any deeper meaning than what they say
>consumed for the emotional response
>in order to find an artistic statement, you have to look for those artists which specifically try to make said statement

Visual art is easier:
>99% of pieces created by professionals will have artistic value through exploration of artistic style and/or intended deeper meaning

Gaming though?
>99% of it is designed solely for entertainment/to be fun
>only the remaining 1% ever intend to make an artistic statement
>even then whatever statement they try to make is likely to be shit because they're employing videogame writers
>>
explain to me why expansions aren't a thing anymore
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.