[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How do you sell violent games after a tragedy? Pretend like it
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 68
Thread images: 5
File: Orlando.jpg (84 KB, 950x534) Image search: [Google]
Orlando.jpg
84 KB, 950x534
http://www.theverge.com/2016/6/12/11914658/electronic-arts-e3-press-conference-gun-violence

>Mere hours after the worst shooting in the history of the United States, video game publisher Electronic Arts hosted a press conference in downtown Los Angeles. For the leadership taking the stage, it may have been any other day.

>Perhaps EA executives thought it would be hypocritical to comment on a real-life shooting before promoting a first-person shooter. The early portion of the event focused on Titanfall 2, a sci-fi action game in which giant machines and realistic humans kill each other with hyper-detailed guns. Co-founder of developer of Respawn Vince Zampella cued a montage of multiplayer gameplay, and the crowd at the Novo theater erupted into cheers. More than 400,000 people were watching online.

>A precedent exists for delaying video games and their promotion in response to tragedies. In March 2011, Sony pulled Motorstorm: Apocalypse following Japan’s earthquake. "We are shocked and saddened to see the impact of the earthquake and tsunami in Japan," read a statement to Eurogamer, "and our thoughts are with all those affected, including our colleagues within the Sony family, living and working throughout Japan." Of course, deadly earthquakes are much rarer than mass shootings in the United States.
>>
150000 people die every day, who gives a shit?
>>
>posting clickbait
>clickbait without even archiving it first
Enjoy your (yous) Fucker
>>
>>340961857
Don't cut yourself now.
>>
File: image.jpg (1012 KB, 3236x2514) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1012 KB, 3236x2514
>>340959617
Wow, makes you think...

>>340961857
Because this happened specifically because of the rise of conservatism in modern America. We're never going to recover from this unless we embrace diversity.
>>
>>340959617
The guy who murdered those people was an homophobic islamic terrorist, not some call of duty fanboy
>>
Fags died who cares.
>>
How is this video games
>>
This article is just flat out disgusting. The nastiest form of clickbait. EA prepared their conference months ago and this dude wrote this slimy shit after the shooting.
>>
>>340959617
so did every single mcdonalds close down and stop selling burgers for the entire day? Did every single hospital close and stop admitting or treating patients in lieu of the tragedy? Did your fucking dog groomer stop mid-dog grooming to go post a statement online about how shocked they were about the tragedy?
>>
>>340959617
Did EA had a game about killing fags? Sign me right the fuck up!
>>
File: e05.jpg (103 KB, 498x441) Image search: [Google]
e05.jpg
103 KB, 498x441
>Posting clickbait gawker kotaku level bullshit
>>
This is the most clickbaity clickbait I've seen since "How to kill gamers".
>>
>>340962907
If the guy killed all those people because of Islam, then ironically enough this happened because we weren't conservative enough.
>>
>>340962907
>We're never going to recover from this unless we embrace diversity.

ISIS please save us.
>>
Wow, I just learned the word clickbait
thanks senpai
>>
>>340961857
>>340964456
>>340965176
It's too bad you guys didn't die instead.
>>
>>340964031
possibly he was both
>>
>>340966436
Sure, it is too bad. If it was us nobody would care and the world would just move on. Now we have everyone moaning about the dead fags, and the gays are just gonna fag even harder
>>
>humans dying in every corner of the earth literally every second
>only care when it happens to some gays in your country/state/local area
>other people are insensitive/the problem/etc

Care about all of it or care about none of it libcucks, your transparent vies for attention are shameful.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1FLGEr1zJYo
>>
>>340967125
Dull that edge son, you're not allowed knives in school
>>
>>340967125
There are some deaths that we have greater power to prevent
>>
E3 was scripted out and planned months ago. Inertia alone would make it impossible to stop.
>>
>>340968236
I agree, we should ban islam to save the innocent.
>>
File: 1457067813469.jpg (15 KB, 552x539) Image search: [Google]
1457067813469.jpg
15 KB, 552x539
>>340959617
>the worst shooting in the history of the United States
>>
>>340968801
Dear /v/,

Islam literally is a measurably worse moral system of beliefs than those exhibited by the KKK.

Sincerely,
/pol/
>>
i wouldn't expect them to postpone their showings but i was surprised they didn't acknowledge the shooting at all. being the first public stream of e3, i thought it was kind of tacky to pretend like nothing had happened at all. bethesda's ribbons are a nice touch, imo. you don't have to do a lot to show solidarity in the wake of national tragedy, especially a national tragedy targeted at specific minority groups
>>
>>340969787
It would have been even tackier to make some kneejerk reaction to this. "Oh our hearts and prayers go out to the families of the victims. Now buy Mt. Dew!"
>>
>>340961857

someone will case this edgy inevitably but it's a good point whether you intended it. shootings happen every single day but they're always eclipsed by mass shooters even though death totals by single murder incidents are much higher than the combined murders of mass shooters. because these single murders don\'t have the "benefit" of being these huge scandalous events, no one is even interested in them.
>>
>>340969207
they're correct. the pulse club shooting is the worst mass shooting the US has probably ever seen by a large margin
>>
>>340968236

so we need to deport all non whites and non asians from majority white countries.
>>
>>340969465
I know it already, but thanks all the same.
>>
>>340969207
Probably just counting specifics, like "shootings with a gun by a single individual outside of wartime". Aside from that, it's just fag propaganda.
>>
>>340970234
Wounded Knee.
>>
>>340970108
i don't agree with that. at a time when people are still in shock and many people don't even know if their friends or family members who may have been at the club are alive, acknowledging such a tragedy before resuming with business at least shows you care. to not do so can send the message that you don't
>>
>>340959617
You have been spaming this shit for four hours.
Fuck you, now I remember why I don't come to /v/ a lot.
>>
>>340970234
Hello. Before you were born, things called wars happened. People met up in fields for partys with guns. Deathtolls in the range of 50 would've been considered minor.
>>
>>340970638
No one counts wartime shootings in mass shootings you Republitard bottom feeder
>>
>>340970683
sort of a different case in that that was a military action, although that's not at all to say what happened then wasn't a tragedy either
>>
>>340970160
>Mass shootings

My only quarrel is you use this term to encompass all shootings. Given the fact it's a media buzz phrase which they use to blanket fire arm violence.

Two niggers shooting it out in detroit is not a mass shooting, a group of spics beating each other up over some gang related shit until one of them pulls a gun and opens fire hitting almost nothing is not a mass shooting.

Yes this shit happens EVERY SINGLE DAY but not ever act of violence used with a gun is a mass shooting. Media has printed this into your brain to think this way but it is not and this is how we get those fucked up statistics about school shootings that are actually not school shootings at all.
>>
>>340970827
Look at the way Mad Catz tried to show solidarity with France and instead showed they're massively insensitive cunts. Unless you can do it properly it's best to not make the situation worse. Don't go trying to score brownies points with false sympathy.
>>
>>340971403
you're a fucking idiot
>>
>>340971606
a targeted shooting spree with 103 casualties and 50 dead on US is not an every day occurrence, it's a massacre
>>
>>340970160
You're comparing niggers shooting each other over crack deals, and someone using a gun to shoot innocent people en masse, much less to instill fear for a religious state.

It's not the same thing, retard.
>>
>>340971606

I don't even think you read my post properly, I was saying mass shootings don't happen often enough to warrant the attention that they get in comparison to single victim shootings (which, if I were to interpret that pattern, is probably because we're prohibited from expressing discontent towards violence committed by minorities who engage in the type of behaviour you outlined).
>>
>>340971403
Oh my fucking God, I really hope your stupid whore mother get cancer and then you fucking die
>>
Notepad
Open with admin privileges.

C:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc
This is where your Hosts file is located. Open "hosts" (does not have an extension) with Notepad. If you utilize Spybot - Search & Destroy, you will see a very long list of unsafe domains already entered here. For your convenience, enter the following lines in at the top:

https://gist.github.com/ChimeraCoder/7495794
Spacing DOES matter in your host file, so ensure it looks like the example that is already in there. Some similar, clickbait-modelled sites to consider adding:

#Expanded list

127.0.0.1 rockpapershotgun.com
127.0.0.1 polygon.com
127.0.0.1 theverge.com
127.0.0.1 vox.com
127.0.0.1 games.on.net
127.0.0.1 pcgamer.com
127.0.0.1 fortune.com
127.0.0.1 cracked.com
127.0.0.1 neogaf.com
127.0.0.1 vice.com
127.0.0.1 wired.co.uk
127.0.0.1 wired.com
127.0.0.1 nymag.com
127.0.0.1 huffingtonpost.com
127.0.0.1 salon.com
127.0.0.1 indiewire.com
127.0.0.1 dailymail.co.uk
127.0.0.1 theguardian.com

Save the file. The "Save As" dialog box will appear. Save this as "hosts_new".

C:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc
1) Back in your \etc\ folder, rename your previous "hosts" file to "hosts_backup".
2) Rename the newly created file, "hosts_new.txt" to "hosts"

Congrats, no more accidentally giving pennies and view counts. Chances are, this post will be replied to by a "journalist" from one of Gawker's sites. If unsure, please do your own research.
>>
>>340970827
because they don't care and neither does anyone posting about this shit online
>>
>>340972676
So you're saying that much worse shootings don't deserve more time or attention?
>>
>>340969465
If there were like 2 billion kkk members the world would be a worse place
>>
>>340962907
agreed.

if we allowed more muslim immigration this could have been avoided. the club in question was predominantly white and homosexual, followed by hispanics. but if the club had been equally proportional to reflect ALL cultures and ethnicities we wouldn't have had this.

people are fucking dying all because republicans dont want to accept diversity. it's gross
>>
>>340972508

The first one causes more overall damage, retard. if you got rid of criminals niggers the murder rate would plummet more than if you somehow found a way top get rid of mass shooters. "crack deals" are not the only things niggers kill over, many innocent white people are killed by them. Think with a larger perspective rather than being wrapped up in the mass media scandal parade like an emotionally manipulated little faggot.
>>
>>340961857
BORN TO DIE
WORLD IS A FUCK
KILL EM ALL 2016
I AM TRASH MAN
410,757,864,530 DEAD GAYS
>>
>>340973072

no, because the victims are less numerous in the long run. you can't just bury or ignore news stories of "lesser" crimes, it's selective empathy
>>
File: 1463017562640.jpg (214 KB, 799x611) Image search: [Google]
1463017562640.jpg
214 KB, 799x611
maybe if the gaming industry glorified violence enough they'd militarize western civilization so that it can keep down insurrections by the scrappy upstarts over in the middle east

peace flows from successful wars after all

all in all who gives a shit
>>
>>340973370
Not an argument.

Niggers in general are damaging to society. Their chimp outs, often taking place between individuals within their own communities, is still not comparable to literal terrorism. They are defined differently for a reason.

Now go present your shithole someplace else. Faggot.
>>
>>340972289
Never said it was.

But ask any anti gun activist about it and it is common because of exactly what i just said in my last post.

>>340972676
You're right i don't think i read it properly, i'll admit that much and bare my anonymous shame.

I think the big problem is a lot of this stuff however is coming from over crowded cities, throwing in illegal immigrants and refugee's and shit in there shitting up the places is making it much much worse, that goes for both single acts and mass acts of violence.
>>
>>340973202
No. It would be a far better place, human population would be noticeably reduced down to around 2 billion, and there'd be no more need for war and conflict
>>
>>340974207
All the middle eastern insurrectionists came from the Americans arming and equipping them to fight against other assholes in the middle east. Peace flows from not arming jihadists just because they hate the same governments as you.
>>
>>340970234
Maybe by death toll, but I feel like the school shootings were still a lot worse because they were, you know, kids?
>>
>terrorist attack
>religion that is completely against gays
>terorist shoots up a fudge packing plant
>completely religion based
>LET'S BLAME VIDEO GAMES

Absolutely flawless logic. Flawless
>>
>>340974631
the US leadership just doesn't give a shit about some syrians dying or like one millionth of it's citizens being slaughtered once a year because they're still kings of the world
>>
>>340974959
Excellent reading comprehension
>>
>still blamming videogames

Trump when?
>>
>>340974959
Blame muzzies, people call you racist or islamophobic. Blame video games and the only people that will call you out on it you can call manchildren and have people take your side.
>>
>>340975453
>>340975498
Who is blaming video games for the shooting?
>>
I would like to take a moment to mourn that one guy, that guy who thought it would be fun to go to gay bar even though he wasn't gay. Because he died at a gay bar, everyone will now and forever believe he was a closet homo. May he forever roll peacefully in his grave
>>
>>340975848
>tfw did this before

thank g_d nothing happened.
Thread replies: 68
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.