[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Dark Souls II Steam Sale
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 82
Thread images: 8
File: should I.png (66 KB, 629x264) Image search: [Google]
should I.png
66 KB, 629x264
Already played a lot of DS1.

Should I go for it?
>>
No, it's shit
>>
No, it's shit
>>
File: 1322149541576.gif (63 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
1322149541576.gif
63 KB, 400x400
>>340956496
>>340956538
But isn't it fun at least?
>>
It's not as good as the other Souls games, but it's still a very good game. Definitely worth playing through at least once, especially the DLC.
>>
>>340956421
Do you want the game?
Yes get it.
Do you not want the game?
Don't get it.

Jesus Christ anon this is not a fucking difficult question to ask yourself.
Stop attention whoring.
>>
>>340957247
Maybe I wasn't clear. I was focusing on the price: should I expect a bigger discount or 13.59 is as cheap as it's going to get these days?
>>
>>340957867

Do you want to wait a few months on the off chance it's 2 dollars cheaper?

It's a good deal as it is, just get it.
>>
>>340957867
According to isthereanydeal.com, a site that brings together a bunch of gaming sites and will inform you when things are on sale, the $13.59 price is the best it's ever been.
>>
>>340956945
it's alright

not brilliant

but alright
>>
>>340958591
>>340958763
Thanks for the advice guys. I think I'm gonna go for it.
>>
Scholar of the First Sin is only a little over a year old, it'll probably get better sales within the year.
>>
>>340956421
It's pretty good, I like it

I have 200 hours on it.
>>
>>340956421
DS2 is good fun. Feels a bit different to 1/3 but not in a bad way (different director, same studio). It's really good, go for it if you liked 1.
>>
>>340956421
that's a good price for that game. it's fun, but different than dark souls 1

ITS FUCKING. DIFFERENT. THAN DARK SOULS 1. DON'T EXPECT THE SAME GAME.

k, with that out of the way, buy it if you want it and have fun.
>>
File: 1331229302178.jpg (25 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
1331229302178.jpg
25 KB, 400x400
OP here.

Bought it, downloading now.

Thanks everybody for your input.
>>
This thread made me realize it was on sale and I just bought it too. Put it on my wish list like four days ago because I had played DS1 thoroughly.
>>
>>340956421
honestly its not bad, its just not really good either. dont expect good level or boss design but theres lots of weapons and armours which is nice and they did improve a few mechanics. the dlcs are the best part of the game desu
>>
>>340956421
Go for it. It's good. Not as good as DS1 but good nonetheless.

The DLC is GOAT though.
>>
File: 1391721445401.jpg (39 KB, 372x500) Image search: [Google]
1391721445401.jpg
39 KB, 372x500
>PS3 dies yesterday
>Dark souls series gets a steam sale the day after

I bet Gaben was behind this
>>
>>340956945
It depends.

If being chased by 4-12 enemies every area sounds fun, then I would recommend it.
>>
>>340959003

Have fun Anon. I enjoyed it the least in all the series, mostly due to the massive frustration factor. The game has a wealth of content and is even occasionally brilliant. If anything you will appreciate the architecture in the DLC areas.

Be prepared to get fucked by attempting maneuvers that were commonplace in Dark Souls. It's like every adjustment they made to the game was designed to piss off DaS players. Shields work differently, parrying is almost useless, performing a kick is genuinely useless, rolling is tied to a stat in order to function as it appears, enemies will ignore their own stamina usage in order to fuck you, all enemies have poise balanced around a ring you find in the tutorial that reduces poise by an ungodly amount, the list goes on. Combat is a wash but you can make the most of it, you know what i'm saying?
>>
>>340956421

don't, you'll regret it
>>
>>340959297
Yeah, but it's cheap enough now that the question becomes: >>340958591

I mean, what's your time worth?
>>
It's not gonna get much cheaper than that. Do it.
>>
File: arty.jpg (1 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
arty.jpg
1 MB, 1920x1080
>>340956421
trust me, just get DS3

half of dark souls 2 is convincing yourself you're having fun and the other half is just accepting that you're not having fun and you just want to beat the game to beat it

On my first DS3 playthrough, i constantly forgot i was playing the third entry in a series since it felt like the sequel we've all wanted

I doubt you're a ps3fag but if you are, give demon's souls a shot. it's really great and has by far the best atmosphere if you're into that
>>
haven't played DS1's prepare to die edition

worth it?
>>
>>340978284
>Demon's souls
>Better than DS2

Not going to play devils advocate, but half of DeS bosses are shit and half of the mechanics are outdated.

It was great when it came out, but it's time to accept it's main appeal nowadays comes from nostalgia.
>>
>>340978603
If you are ok with the game being a little dated then yes. Recently replayed it after beating DS3 and still enjoyed it.
>>
>>340979194
atmosphere
>>
>>340979480
Only tower of latria and the nexus had athmosphere
>>
>>340979748
>opinion alert
>>
>>340980136
That can go both ways
>>
>>340965376
t. someone who's clearly shit at the game

DSII is a decent game. 14 dollars is a good value.
>>
>>340956421

>pc
>souls game

you ready to get hacked like crazy
>>
>>340978284
I want to get 3 possible instead of 2 but isn't the online really shit and liable to get you banned?
>>
>>340981109
not sure, i play on PS4 rather than PC ;_;
>>
>>340979194
>half of the mechanics are outdated.
Okay, let's pretend you're not talking out of your ass. Explain how Demon's Souls is mechanically outdated.
>>
>>340981109
>isn't the online really shit and liable to get you banned?
Nah, most of the bannable stuff caused by other players has been fixed, and FROM unbanned most, if not all of the affected people.

You'll be safe, unless you use Cheat Engine or something similar
>>
>>340956421
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UScsme8didI

Watch this. I tend to agree with most of his points/ complaints.
>>
>>340982619
- World/character tendency too reliant on multiplayer
- Limited array of spells. Miracles almost useless
- So far the worst and most grindy weapon upgrade system in the series
- Piss easy for veterans of the series
- Matchmaking options are very limited
- No covenants
- Grass healing encourages farming
- Most levels are even more linear than DS2
- Inventory burden was a terrible idea and it's no wonder it never came back
>>
It's a Souls game, even a bad one is still Souls. Gonna pick it up tomorrow.
>>
>>340956421
It's worth that price for sure.
>>
>>340980894
>Console
>Souls game

you ready to stare at a loading screen for 40s
>>
Just saw the deal. Checked the catalog. Just read this thread. Just bought it. Thanks guys.
>>
>>340978603
holy fuck yes
now is literally the best time to play it in a long time since everybody's making new characters and going out of their way to participate in the online stuff. read the pcgamingwiki page on it to get the game set up though because the pc port without mods is absolute horsedick
>>
>>340985562
>pc port without mods is absolute horsedick
Aside from the graphics and the framerate what else is wrong with vanilla
>>
2 is awful
the level design is aids, the game's main form of "difficulty" is throwing hordes of enemies at you at once, the hitboxes are absolutely fucked, etc

>>340981109
the only bad aspect of the online are the constant gank squads imo, and as long as you don't alt+f4 while connected to someone else you shouldn't get banned at all
>>
>>340985846
-netcode is bonked and you need the DSCM to reliably get connected to the peer to peer nodes (even then summoning and getting summoned is still very hit or miss)
-graphics config is literally just the window resolution (not even 3D rendering is affected) and toggles for motion blur and blur aa
-keyboard and mouse support is awful, requires fiddling with mods to be realistically usable
-no official anti cheat

Once you have DSFix set up and the multiplayer stuff like PVP Watchdog and DSCM it's smooth sailing as long as you don't mind 30 FPS but vanilla is one of the worst PC ports I own
>>
>>340956421
I'm not paying another fucking dime for Dark Souls 2.
Fuck you From, fuck your DLC too.
>>
>>340984703

>game without hackers who will get you banned

>game with hackers that will get you banned

hmmmm
>>
>>340986629
The banning problem can and will be fixed
Those loading times though...
>>
>>340961931
Haha fucking idiot fell for it
>>
3 or 2? Should I wait until 3 goes down in the summer sale then play 2 in the meantime?
>>
>>340988554
Besides certain additions in 2 like more weapon variety, 3 is the better sequel in every way. But this is a real cheap deal so if you feel like you need something to kill time on, go ahead.
>>
>>340988548
Fell for it? He bought it cheaper than you did and will probably enjoy it more
>>
>>340988554
3 is way better than 2.
3 is a proper sequel, 2 is basically a glorified fangame of decent quality.
>>
>>340956421
It's a good game.

it's the worst souls game though.
>>
>>340989736
It's better than DeS.
See>>340984065
>>
well... hello Dark Souls 2. guess ill be playing it sooner than i expected.
magic is good right?
>>
>>340990198
>magic is good right?
No. it was nerfed to hell and back. at least sorceries were
>>
>>340989910
It's not better than DeS at all. It's incredibly inferior.
>>340984065
>All those multiplayer mechanics
No one fucking cares. Souls games are single player games at their core with light multiplayer elements tacked on. The less fleshed out multiplayer is by no means a strike against the game's quality since it doesn't effect the actual core experience. Same with world/character tendency, while you'll miss a few things the game is perfectly enjoyable even if you ahve no idea what those are.
>Worst and most grindy weapon upgrade system
That one's true. Switching to a much simpler system was a good thing.
>Piss easy for veterans
No shit, since most veterans started with DeS. DS2 is also piss easy for veterans so it's a mott point.
>Grass healing
This one's true, the change to estus was a good thing. Then they completely fucked up that system in DS2 for no reason.
>Most levels are even more linear than DS2
That is fucking bullshit and you know it. DS2 is linear as hell, hell half the levels are fucking glorified hallways. DeS levels are big and have lots of room to explore and things scattered every which way.
>Inventory burden was a terrible idea
This one's also true.

But even with the points that are true they're just nitpicks. DS2 is far inferior because its core design is just bad and sloppy. DeS is a very well designed game, DS2 is not. It's that simple.
>>
File: fuckthis.png (77 KB, 663x328) Image search: [Google]
fuckthis.png
77 KB, 663x328
>>340956421
Wait a minute. Why is my price different?
>>
>>340990531
>Souls games are single player games
Exactly why locking items and other features behind multiplayer mechanics was not a good idea
>No shit, since most veterans started with DeS. DS2 is also piss easy for veterans so it's a mott point.
Not true. I can beat flamelurker and maneater with my eyes folded now, but smelter demon and fume knight still rape me sideways
>That is fucking bullshit and you know it
The entirety of world 4 is a straight fucking line
>DeS is a very well designed game
Not when 80% of the bosses are piss easy, even on your first encounter. Only flamelurker, maneater and king allant are still worthy of mention. And let's not forget it has the worst bossfight in the entire series: Dragon god.
>>
all these banwagon retards, heh.

DaS2 is a solid 8.5/10 game, and actually my fav souls game.
buy it OP and have some fucking fun in a DIFFERENT LAND in the Dark Souls universe.
>>
>>340990535
Let me guess. Third world country? iktf bro
>>
>>340991258
>And let's not forget it has the worst bossfight in the entire series: Dragon god.
Are we forgetting the Bed of Chaos?
>>
Don't listen to the memes. It's got a few annoying parts, but it's mostly good and the DLC is very large and very good.
>>
>>340991431
Bed of chaos at least was more predictable and it's testicles had the courtesy to stay dead once you killed them.

Dragon god's fatal blows were far more random and harder to predict. There was a lot of luck involved in not getting hit. Besides, the fact of the dragon nesting between two armed ballistas pointing at him always hit me as extremely retarded
>>
>no DS3 sale
Do these fucking kikes expect me to pay $60 for a fucking digital copy of a PC game?
>>
>>340991817
>TFW in my country DS3 is 33USD
>>
>>340991817
When the game released 3 months ago, yes you fucking jew.
>>
File: 1464567716503.jpg (24 KB, 480x480) Image search: [Google]
1464567716503.jpg
24 KB, 480x480
Im going to buy it and NONE of you can STOP ME!
>>
>>340991743
BoC was utter bullshit, the fact that it was part of the best Souls game doesn't redeem it
>>
>>340991969
pc games were $40 at launch only a few years ago until dumb normies like you started buying ass creed games and season pass games for full price
>>
>>340992076
I'm not saying BoC was good. I'm saying that as bad as it was Dragon god was even worse
>>
>>340992290
$60 has been the norm for a decade, predating Assassin's Creed and the super hyper Call of Duty trends. Some games were more expensive than that, especially in the SNES and Genesis era.
>>
File: 1465103944274.png (277 KB, 501x550) Image search: [Google]
1465103944274.png
277 KB, 501x550
>>340965376
That sounds more like 1 than 2.
>>
>Bought DS2 on release
>Stopped playing because of framerate item durability bullshit

Is this the version where they fixed everything?
Should I get this and bother finishing the game now?
>>
>>340991258
>The entirety of world 4 is a straight fucking line
The entirety of DS2's endgame is a straight line and many levels before that. DS2 is way more linear.
>Not when 80% of the bosses are piss easy
Better than being the same boss copy pasted 50 times like DS2. And they're piss easy too.

Also really? You still have trouble with Smelter? Smelter is easy as shit, come on man. Fume Knight is actually hard but Fume Knight is a terrible boss so whatever.
>>
>>340994321
>Fume Knight is a terrible boss
why?
>>
>>340994421
Fume Knight would be okay in another game, but he's the same goddamn shit we saw throughout the base game of DS2. A big dude in armor with a sword (well 2 in this case but whatever). You beat him by circle strafing him and dodging/walking through the last hit then poking him twice, rinse and repeat. He has a really similar moveset to the other bosses too: the quick 3 hit combo, the big sweep attack, a gap-closing stab attack with a hilariously bad hitbox, a powered up second form with an explosion when you get too close, etc. Sure he has the greatsword attacks to mix it up a little but it's still the same old shit.
The second form is better but not by much, and it comes too late anyway. Fuck Fume Knight. I don't understand how anyone likes that boss. Sir Alonne too.
Thread replies: 82
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.