[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Its been a while since we have a Monitor vs HDTV thread. E3
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3
File: 1863xk84tlu9yjpg.jpg (21 KB, 636x358) Image search: [Google]
1863xk84tlu9yjpg.jpg
21 KB, 636x358
Its been a while since we have a Monitor vs HDTV thread.

E3 Edition

where do you like to play video games /v/

Bigass TV? tiny Monitor

post pros and cons!!
>>
Dude wtf big TV off course, the bigger the better.

who the fuck plays awasome game in tiny ass display?
>>
All FPS on PC Monitor. The rest on TV with low latency/input lag.
>>
I just play directly off my tablet. It seems like a lot of extra work to plug it into a TV or Monitor for little gain.
>>
>>340953596
>handheld games

Disgusting.
>>
>>340953304
What game?
>>
>>340952504
If I had more money I would get a big TV in addition to my monitor and wall mount it, but I'm poor so I use my 27 inch monitor as a screen for everything.
>>340954732
Scott Pilgrim VS The World, I don't think you can even play it anymore though because it was digital-only.
>>
90% of my gaming is on my TV.

Even though my monitor is a really nice Dell IPS, my HDTV fucking CRUSHES IT in most aspects.

Black level? The most important part of image reproduction, I get rich, profound black meaning colors are more intense and accurate and contrast is better.
Brightness? Better contrast which improves the image quality.
Pixel response? Same as my monitor, but I have the option to use Impulse mode that gives me CRT-like motion resolution (at the cost of reduced brightness).
etc...

Playing PC games on a well chosen HDTV is fucking great. It always impresses guests when they're over.
>>
Ever since I got my PC with ~1 frame of input lag (1.3ms of lag on a 60 fps game) I've played all my shit on my TV.

My next upgrade for my TV will be whatever TV can do 4K with better IQ than my current set.
>>
File: its-in.jpg (2 MB, 3840x2160) Image search: [Google]
its-in.jpg
2 MB, 3840x2160
>>340955208
>It always impresses guests when they're over.

Fucking this. I have friends that love coming over, as I just got an apartment where friends can enjoy themselves without any parents or adults saying anything. They're free to stay late so I get a lot of people coming over. I bought a 4k television for my computer and people love watching youtube videos, play video games, watch me play while they bring their laptops over. It's all in wonderful fun.
Pic related. I just got this in.
>>
>>340955571
>I bought a 4k television for my computer
>4k television
somebody buying into the meme that is 4k
>>
>>340955807
Another case is someone calling the soon to be industry standard a meme...
So tell me, what did you think of 60fps and 1080p?
Ready to get left behind again?
>>
>>340955807
you need to take a look at 4k and use that shit, and tell me its a meme. Because... it's not. it's really really awesome. Shit just doesn't look as good on a 1080p or 1440p. It just doesn't.
>>
>>340955208
agree

I’m lucky enough to already have a pretty decent PC monitor, a 28-inch 4K Acer screen with Nvidia’s G-Sync frame-smoothing tech, but by plugging my gaming rig into the LG 55EG920V TV I've been testing that now looks both ridiculously small and horrendously washed out.
>>
>>340955571
are you like fucking 16 years old, bragging about being able to stay up late and not having to worry about parents...
>>
>>340956485
No I'm 26. But some of my friends are still in college and still live with their parents. They simply cannot afford it. It's nice to go to a spot where there isn't anyone to say any bullshit is all.
>>
>>340956417
THIS SO FUCKING HARD.

I know my monitor is great. It has awesome pixel density, nice input lag numbers (lower than my TV's which are already low), and other great features.

But fucking helll, even the best settings and calibrations don't bring it anywhere near what my set is putting out. And it'd be even WORSE if I opted for an OLED TV in the future.
>>
>>340955208

i mostly play in a monitor, even beat Uncharted 4 on it...

that game should looks fantastic in a big TV with great blacks and contrast
>>
If you care about picture quality you will play in a TV, regardless about picture quality

Most high-mid TVs will murder any monitor in contrasts, blacks and colours.

thats is why people are asking for oled monitors
>>
>>340957606
>>340958616

What OP say.
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.