[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Was this the game that ruined the industry? I remember every
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 4
File: file.png (155 KB, 460x215) Image search: [Google]
file.png
155 KB, 460x215
Was this the game that ruined the industry?

I remember every other dev for an IP (Dead Space is one of them, I still hate EA for it) said WE HAVE TO GET THE COD AUDIENCE. GameInformer had an article on Dead Space 2 where the devs said precisely that.

Even Battlefield 4 wasn't safe from it. And it looks like the WE WUZ WWI game is going to cash in on it too.
>>
Mass Effect 3. The fact that a tacked on MP with micro transactions was the best part of the game speaks volumes of EA and Bioware.
>>
gta 4 ruined many open world games
>>
>>340941317

For what the multiplayer was, it was cool but they really should have made a better ending.

The original had something to do with Tali's research on Rannoch with dark matter or something and the universe was eating itself and the Reapers were actually saving us not some space magic crap.
>>
>>340940876
>excessive flashy numbers and popups all over the screen
>weed callsigns and icons
>started the "tacticool" fad
>went full retard with mobility and action movie antics
Yup.
>>
>>340942662

Remember this shit?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Td352xP-NZ8

>F.A.G.S.

They could NEVER get away with this today.
>>
File: 1463318842769.jpg (20 KB, 295x348) Image search: [Google]
1463318842769.jpg
20 KB, 295x348
>other game devs copy your game
>somehow it's your fault they're greedy uncreative retards
>>
>>340942791
They caught some backlash for it when it came out, but today it would be an absolute shitstorm. I really don't know why they thought this would be a good idea though.
>>
File: halo rage.jpg (518 KB, 1416x2253) Image search: [Google]
halo rage.jpg
518 KB, 1416x2253
>>340940876
No
>>
>>340940876
No, Battlefield 2 did that, it was the first shooter to successfully implement an XP grind unlock mechanic and served as the base model for practically every multiplayer game that followed.

Modern Warfare 2's greatest sin was merely having a shit PC port.
>>
File: 1460657188867.png (544 KB, 589x449) Image search: [Google]
1460657188867.png
544 KB, 589x449
>>340942791
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QMZvqcZ1f0k
>>
>>340943239
>would of
every fucking time
>>
>>340943239

Not really, it was really overrated.

The only thing it had going for it was the story and that was it.
>>
>>340942947
Pretty much this. It's not CoD's fault it got popular, it's the people who wanted a piece of the pie who indirectly ruined it for everybody.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.