[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So what was bad with this game?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 3
So what was bad with this game?
>>
Gearbox.
>>
Everything that was wrong with BL2 carried over.
>>
Too many Ausgaylians. Their accents weren't made to be in games.
>>
Sjw propaganda, everybody needs to be gay because sjw propaganda, meme jokes, crap weapons, short story, tedious missions, and oxygen/gravity mechanic got old really quick.
>>
Might as well have been another BL2 expansion
>>
>>340938678

How were the guns bad?
>>
>>340938941
Gimmicks suck a whole truckload of ass.
>>
Just more of the same Gearbox nonsense, but worse. Shooting wasn't good, and after playing 458 hours of Borderlands 2 I couldn't endure their endless posturing anymore. So right after reaching the first piece of dialogue with Jenny [I believe it is her name?] where she insists on calling me homophobic for no particular reason I refunded it and never looked back.

Not that it's been that much of a loss. Fallout 4 is a better Borderlands game than Borderlands could ever hope to be, and I was very happy with it once I started looking at it that way.

Too bad we'll never have a game that makes Vault Hunting as exciting and fun as Tales from the Borderlands made it out to be.
>>
>>340937968
- short
- even worse writing than bl2
- overpriced character dlc
+ less reliance on vehicles
+ grinder let you turn trash into useful items
+ lasers

either or depending on who you ask:
butt slamming was either fun or stupid
oxygen mechanic was either neat or shitty
>>
>>340939117
>458 hours of Borderlands 2

2 hrs in
>this isn't that good
20hrs in
>man I don't know about this game
200hrs in
>man this does suck
400hrs in
>fuck this sucks so bad
458hrs in
>I'm done, it was really bad and I can't play anymore!!!
>>
Nothing, /v/ just being virginal losers that hate Gearbox's top notch humor once again.
>>
>>340938678
>Sjw propaganda, everybody needs to be gay because sjw propaganda
Explain
>>
>>340940181
I have no idea either. I was clearly having fun to some extent, because I just kept starting new characters, but I have no idea how I got 460 hours out of it.

What I do recall is endgame being deeply unenjoyable. And after I dropped it and looked at how long I had played it all I could do is wonder how I could've kept doing it for so long.

And Pre-Sequel just felt worse all around.
>>
>>340940181
you really shouldn't judge a game until you've spent about 20 days experiencing it's world
>>
File: Bait.png (322 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
Bait.png
322 KB, 640x480
>>340940907
>>
>>340940845
I heard that the only reason some people kept going is because they wanted to cap Handsome Jack.
>>
>>340941284
>you get more exp is Lilith does it
>>
>>340937968
Wilhelm being completely straightforward with his one-dimensional reason for being there was pretty good.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aAEPqhwFqhk

0:40 - 0:52
>>
>>340937968
I liked it, but it wasn't very good.
I'm Australian and even I think they turned the Australianness up way too much.
>>
Pros:
+ Lootgrind is better than 2 thanks to patched droprates and Grinder
+ Moonstones are far better than Iridium thanks to Cocktails and their abundance
+ Laser/Ice weapons are great
+ All the classes are super fun and viable
+ Jetpacks make fights far more dynamic
+ Level design trends towards bigger arenas with more room for manoeuvrability and verticality, making for more hectic fights
+ Every character being OP fixes the fucked level scaling on NG+ somewhat
+ Low-Atmosphere and low gravity makes for an interesting combo mechanically to spice up fights
+ Better writing than 2

Cons:
- Shortest campaign of the trilogy
- DLC Season Pass got canned halfway through
- Lilith gets made to act like a retard when she is railroaded into sparing Jack for no reason
- Weakest side-cast of the trilogy, virtually no memorable new NOCs besides maybe Janey (who is a mixed bag)
- Doesn't really fix most of 2's flaws besides the focus on slag and lacking gun variety, the latter of which it only mildly improves
>>
>>340943992
>- DLC Season Pass got canned halfway through

it was partly due to them being jewish.

Borderlands 2 DLC: Advertised 4 story DLC campaigns. We got them.

Presequel DLC: Advertised 4 story DLC campaigns. Instead we only got one. The other 3 DLCs advertised turned out to be 2 characters and an arena.
>>
>>340937968
it was even worse than BL2
>>
File: BL2 drop rate.png (2 MB, 711x4000) Image search: [Google]
BL2 drop rate.png
2 MB, 711x4000
>>340943992
>patched droprates
ohboyherewego.jpg
>>
>>340946461
what does that have to do with TPS?
>>
>Story too short and pretty poorly written (but better than 2s)
>Not that many sidequests compared to 2
>Dumb meme and SJW stuff
>>
>>340937968
>No playable Siren
>Short Campaign
>Gays, gays everywhere
>Oxygen Mechanic was eh at best
>>
No content.
>>
>>340937968
It's alright. Especially if with a couple other people. I don't get why people here shit on it so much for the memes and randumb humor. It would seem right up their ally. I guess they aren't that self-aware.
>>
>>340937968
Nothing
Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.