[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
ITT OLDFAG HEAVEN: OLD ANIMU FIGHTING GAMES OF THE 90's
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 5
File: sofia-ellis-1.jpg (56 KB, 536x800) Image search: [Google]
sofia-ellis-1.jpg
56 KB, 536x800
ITT we discuss old flashy SFII boom era born fighting games

Examples: Toshinden, Fatal Fury, Gowcaizer, World Heroes, Samurai Showdown, Star Gladiator

OP's topic: Toshinden's story. I learned that the writer and producer for the Pokemon Anime is the story writer for Toshinden.

There's something about Toshinden that gets me to go back to it. A bit of everything: nostalgia, the premise of action seeking martial artists traveling the world freely without limit, running the edge of society to escape evil corporations and organizations, the anime style that it's illustrated in, thinking of how it all fit in with the world in the past.

Fighting game wise I'd want to see it have a reboot (not that shit Wii game, I know about that).

Go fan crazy, discuss shit. Have a fun time.
>>
File: 1390878070093.jpg (73 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
1390878070093.jpg
73 KB, 500x500
>>340936659

A reboot with some of 3's cooler characters (MJ-Wannabe, Japanese Cop, Vermillion and maybe the Slutty Doronjo chick) could work... The biggest problem would be how to present everything, because practically everything about the series is a cliche in modern terms.
>>
File: BAT3 Iwashiro.jpg (65 KB, 590x800) Image search: [Google]
BAT3 Iwashiro.jpg
65 KB, 590x800
>>340938417

Oh, and the guy with a Chainsaw. He was neat.
>>
>>340936659
there was a wii version of the game?

also, it seems like that artist did lots of stuff in the 90s. i remember seeing that type of art style a lot back then.
unless my memory is bad and thats just the general style lots of anime artists had back then.
>>
>>340936659
Christ that art is atrocious.
>>
NO PROBREM
>>
>>340938848

Yeah, Takara attempted to reboot it but it was super 2000's anime assend of things storywise and gameplay wise. They went for a Naruto sort of fighting system (one button, d pad I think alters attacks) and it was pretty not good. Music and art by Takeshi Obata (Death Note illustrator) was pretty cool.

Kotobuki Tsukasa was an apprentice of Kenichi Sonoda, whose more famous work was that of Gunsmith Cats. He did a lot doujin work and was mainly a freelancer, but his illustrations were hallmark of the time. He did Saber Marionette J, and a lot of other one shots. If I remember he still works on Gundam.
>>
I liked the design of Bobby and Kisarah from Aggressors of Dark Kombat
>>
>>340938848

Tsukasa Kotobuki, did the designs for Saber Marionette J, too. His shit was everywhere in the 90s

Only thing I've seen him make in recent memory are dojins
>>
File: Kisarah.jpg (50 KB, 566x296) Image search: [Google]
Kisarah.jpg
50 KB, 566x296
>>340941423
>>
>>340940737
>Saber Marionette J

THATS what it was reminding me of but i was drawing a blank. ive never even seen that series but i remember seeing stuff from that a lot in anime magazines.
thanks anon.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.