[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
which elder scrolls
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2
File: burrito.jpg (405 KB, 1543x1080) Image search: [Google]
burrito.jpg
405 KB, 1543x1080
which of these elder scrools should i play

>morrowind
>oblivion
>skyrim

and why
>>
arena because its the first one in the series
>>
>>340936346
Why not all 3?
>>
>>340936474
ehhhh maybe l8er
>>340936525
i will but which one first
>>
>>340936612

daggerfall
>>
>>340936474

this.

why not chronological order?
>>
>>340936346
Oblivion>Morrowind>Skyrim
All fully modded of course.
>>
>>340936854
maybe but that one is a little bit on the old side
>>340936967
because i dont want to get fully invested in a bunch of elder scrolls games one will suffice
>>340937043
thx m8 good advice
>>
>>340937205
Np. See Tesgeneral.com for mods.
>>
File: 1465537769484.png (541 KB, 903x571) Image search: [Google]
1465537769484.png
541 KB, 903x571
>>340937297
alright will do any specific oblivion mods though
>>
>>340937435
http://pastebin.com/75fzM5te
>>
>>340936346
Oblivion looks like Australia
>>
>>340936346
I've been indoctrinated into /v/'s "Skyrim is shit" bullshit. I'll let someone else shill that.
-
Oblivion is a fun game because it's a close mix between Skyrim's action-y playstyle and Morrowind's true RPGism. It has fun quests APART from the main quest (factions and common town quests). It has much better cities than Skyrim and most of Morrowind. It's magic is closer to Morrowind's than Skyrim's; Oblivion's magic system is still very fun.
-
Morrowind is my personal favorite. You may notice the graphics are rough and the combat is... convoluted. I personally don't mind the lesser graphics, and I'm crazy enough to argue for the algorithm combat. Morrowind is a classic "true RPG", as in min-maxing and attribute leveling make you think carefully about how you design your character. The quest style is more loosey-goosey; you're encouraged to take your time and make stops while exploring on the way. You'll notice from the beginning that instead of a pain-in-the-ass unskipable tutorial, the walk through the Census and Excise office is brief; it's made for recreating characters a lot (it sets itself apart from the other games from the start). I love The HUGE adaptability of magic (it really is one of Morrowind's strongest points). Plus, the story is actually good in this one.
-
I say Morrowind>Oblivion>>>Skyrim
(again, Skyrim is probably okay, too, if your standards are more in-line with the casualization of the series)
>>
>>340939816
im leaning a lil bit toward oblivion but i might do morrowind next
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.