[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
For Honor
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2
File: ForHonor_og_1200x630.jpg (380 KB, 1200x630) Image search: [Google]
ForHonor_og_1200x630.jpg
380 KB, 1200x630
Next thread, said I'd answer questions from the perspective of an Alpha Tester who enjoyed the game.
Bring on the questions and I'll do my best, some information might change since the test.
>>
>>340924976
>viral marketing
>>
When you immobilize one of those hot bear Vikings, can you rape him to show him who yer daddy and win the game?
>>
>>340924976
Only 1 game mode as it appears? If so, how does it not get old
>>
>>340924976
Can I be Yoshimitsu in this game
>>
>>340924976
Does the game just devolve into gank squads and backstabbing or is it possible to get a 1v1 on a regular basis.

How long does the average fight last?

Are there any evasion/I-frame abilities?
>>
>>340925706
In the Alpha there was one game mode. In the forums there was mention of different game modes and hints of ranked matchmaking.
How does it not get old? If that is the case that there's only 1 game mode I can see it getting old after a while but some games survive on that.
Rocket league, LoL, etc. So I wouldn't write it off either way.
>>
File: Tony wink.gif (4 MB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
Tony wink.gif
4 MB, 250x250
How interesting that there were zero threads about this game for almost a year, and then suddenly many threads.

How interesting indeed.
>>
>>340926517

I started the first thread as a shitpost. Surprised it's gone this far. Can I get some more Yous?
>>
@340926893
No
>>
>>340926245
There's a time to rally up and stomp faces (when you're breaking the team) and a time to split up (when you want to contest multiple points) . So gank squads happen around the amount of 1v1s. There are mechanics in play that will give the outnumbering side an advantage but not completely dominate the outnumbered.
You have directional attacks, directional blocks, but you also have heavy and light attacks some slower, some faster. So if you gave 2 folks who can swing in 2 different directions you'd think you're fucked, right? Wrong. You can block the attack that will connect with you first and this will block both attacks. Now they can surround you and attack simultaneously and yeah, you can't react to what you don't see. They can also have someone swing heavy/slow you react to it prematurely, then the other opponent swings light/fast in a different direction thus hitting you first where you aren't blocking. That's pretty technical though.
Now as an outnumbered person you can always disengage and back down from a fight. You can retreat to a narrow corridor where you won't be surrounded or a mob of your creeps that will help you. I like enclosed spaces because friendly fire will stagger your friends and so sometimes just because you're outnumbered doesn't mean you should run, some times their ally will fuck their partner up and you can capitalize on it.
>>
>>340926245
Average fight? Too varied.
Average match? 10-20 minutes.
Evasion, yes you can dodge, roll, push, pull. Shove opponents into spikes, off ledges, there are some attacks that will switch your position with your enemy (rolling over their shoulder) I-frames? Not from dodging that I noticed but as I mentioned in the 2v1 scenario you can block attacks that will hit you by blocking a different attack just before it.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.