[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Should I get a Vita?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 1
File: Aqua-Blue-PS-Vita-Front.jpg (264 KB, 1280x619) Image search: [Google]
Aqua-Blue-PS-Vita-Front.jpg
264 KB, 1280x619
There are several games I plan on playing.

>Danganronpa
>Danganronpa 2
>Zero Time Dilemma
>Muramasa Rebirth
>Possibly Project Diva

The thing is, the first 3 games are on Steam. The last one, if I decide to get it, is on PS3. Muramasa is the only exclusive. (I know it's on Wii but this version has better controls and more content).

If I buy a Vita for Muramasa, I'm getting the other games on Vita too. But I'm still technically buying it for just one game. Should I just skip playing Muramasa and get the other games on Steam/PS3, or get the Vita? Is Muramasa worth it?
>>
Do you already have a PS3?
>>
>>340889019
Yes.
>>
>>340889061

I'd advise you to go and play Odin Sphere Leifthrasir or Dragon's Crown first. After that you should have a better idea of whether Muramasa is worth it to you.
>>
>playing visual novels on anything other than handheld

you are not stupid, are you?
>>
>>340888039
I bought an aqua blue vita recently and don't regret it at all.

Some other good exclusives in addition to Muramasa:
>Dungeon Travelers 2
>Ys: Memories of Celceta
>Moe Chronicle
>Trails of Cold Steel
>Persona 4 Golden

I'd say it was worth it for me just for DT2, P4G, and all the Vanillaware titles. If you like JRPGs, visual novels, and handheld gaming in general I'd highly recommend it. But just for Muramasa and maybe a few multiplats, probably not.
>>
>>340890027

P4G is trash m8
>>
>>340890150
nah famalan my man, I'd also add Soul Sacrifice Delta to that anon's list.
>>
Where can I get an aqua blue Vita 2000 for less than $200
>>
>>340890360
Pretty sure Amazon has Japanese imports for less than $200.
>>
>>340888039
If you can only justify one game for it, it's probably not worth it
>>
>>340890664
What's the difference between Japanese and Asia models?
>>
>>340888039
Yeah, there's more games I would add though, like Odin Sphere, Zero Escape 3, Soul Sacrifice Delta, Oreshika 2, Gravity Rush, Tearaway, etc.

You just have to look into more titles.
>>
If you only want one game, maybe consider the cheaper PSTV?
>>
>>340890985
That's not true, I bought my 3DS for Monster Hunter only and wasn't really surprised when the rest of the library was complete crap.
>>
>>340891056
Only difference between western and Japanese Vitas is X and O are swapped on the menu. So O is confirm and X is cancel on a Japanese model. Its probably the same for other Asian models.
>>
>>340889196
Why, what's wrong with playing them on something else?
>>340890027
I've looked at a lot of Vita games. The only one on that last that seems interesting is Ys, but I'd rather play the older ones first.
>>340891159
Zero Escape 3 I'm getting. Odin Sphere I'll probably get on PS3 or PS4, same with Gravity Rush. The others don't interest me much.
>>
>>340888039
I think it's worth it just for Muramasa. Odin Sphere is also coming to vita/ps4 this month and the other games you listed are all bonus. There are also some decent games like Axiom Verge on PSN
>>
>>340891717
Odin Sphere has no real difference between versions and runs at 60 much like muramasa on the Vita.

I suggest you do research on the others than. Glance overs hardly work, considering it was less than a few minutes between my post and your response.

There's also Ys Celceta, Tales of Hearts R, X-Com, Killzone, Diagaea, Ultra Despair Girls, Lumines, Shinobido 2, Monkey Ball, Katamari, Hot Shots Golf, Wipeout, 2 EDF games, Sly Collection, Rayman Origins and Legends, and a bunch of other stuff that I enjoyed. I mean, if you generally play games, there's a lot to be had.
>>
What are the chances Vita would be at least mentioned at Sony E3 presentation?

>X-Com
Save yourself some money and get iOS or Android version of XCOM instead. It looks and runs much better than on Vita.
>>
>>340892616
>What are the chances Vita would be at least mentioned at Sony E3 presentation?
*Also available on Vita is as much as you're gonna get
>>
>>340892616
The Vita version is fine.
>>
>>340892616
TGS has Vita stuff, it hasn't had spotlight at E3 since 2 years ago.
>>
>>340892367
>Odin Sphere has no real difference between versions and runs at 60 much like muramasa on the Vita.
I know, I just prefer playing games on consoles to handhelds when it comes to certain games.

>Glance overs hardly work, considering it was less than a few minutes between my post and your response.
It wasn't just now. I meant I've looked at Vita games a lot before, many times. On top of that, I don't play games as much as I used to, so I only get the ones that look amazing to me. If they just look "kind of cool" I usually pass.
>>
>>340892991
Vita version compared to Android has terrible overcompressed audio quality, much longer loading times and lots of new bugs such as soldiers randomly losing actions or two soldiers getting stuck on the same tile
>>
>>340893656
Soul Sacrifice Delta IS amazing.
I agree in general that portable games are hardly even close to console stuff, and come off as cheaper experiences.

Delta is legit fucking great. Even just to experience the story and lore.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GGxN6zYYNdQ
>>
>>340893926
I've been doing fine with it. You can look up recorded gameplay online and its pretty great. The audio is not compressed at all, its the same size as the iOS versions.
>>
>>340893928

>Digital only Vita game
It hurts
>>
>>340894146
It has an Asia version.
>>
>>340888039
Well if you dont want to get danganronpa because its on steam, you can still get Ultra Despair Girls, since it hasnt been ported to PC yet.
>>
If you want to play those games you listed portable, of course yes.

I own every one of those titles you listed except for ZTD OP and am a happy owner.

Also I recommend the Atelier series, particularly the Arland games on Vita. They all have added content.
Soul Sacrifice Delta, P4G and P4DAN are great too.
Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.