[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Compared to other forms of entertainment, why do video games
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 139
Thread images: 16
Compared to other forms of entertainment, why do video games get such a bad reputation?

>They're clearly the number one cause of violence in America!
>They're only for children!
>Fat nerds and man children play them!
>They're addictive and evil!

Literally nothing else gets this much primal hatred directed at it besides dog fighting and perhaps cooking meth. What DO normal people spend their free time on anyway?
>>
>>340881723
>What DO normal people spend their free time on anyway?
Watching tv, sex, drinking, etc.
>>
>>340881723
They're a relatively new medium. They've also been marketed to kids and nerds since the early 90's.
>>
>>340881723
Because children can enjoy them just as much, if not more, than adults. It's the same way why adults are into "graphic novels" while children read comics. Just people trying to be pretentious and insecure in what they enjoy.
>>
I pretended to be a normalfag last night, went to a workmates bbq. Everyone was drunk within an hour, talked about bullshit, repeat the same bullshit over and over, act like children, talk really loud about sex LOL SO NAUGHTY. I left after 3 hours, i couldnt stomach any more of there shit opinions or insufferable lives with no value or meaning. My facade started to break after this time and literally couldnt hide my disdain for drunk people anymore.
>>
>>340881723
They're the newest form of entertainment on the block and old people don't play them, ergo it's a no-brainer for the media and society at large to scapegoat them.

People used to say that tv was addictive, made kids violent and would ruin your eyes.
People used to say that movies and non-traditional live theater were destroying society's moral fiber.
People used to say that non-fiction novels were also destroying moral fibers.

It's just one more step on the same old path that ignorant people have always followed when something knew comes along that they don't understand or use.
Just remember not to be one of the people who says that VR or holodecks are leading the youth astray.
>>
Whatever the reason is, the lack of respect for vidya really shows in the industry.
>Triple A games are bloated and underwhelming because they want to be cinematic
>Reviewers have been in cahoots with big publishers for a long time
>Retarded controversies like GG happen with depressing regularity
>Hacks like Milo and Anita are able to amass tons of attention when they would get laughed out of the room/ignored if they tried to commentate on film or literature
>>
>>340882228
This. The same thing happened with card games, comics, tabletop games, probably TV and movies, and even books way back when.
>>
File: 1465083030026.jpg (144 KB, 1321x1181) Image search: [Google]
1465083030026.jpg
144 KB, 1321x1181
>>340881723
>Compared to other forms of entertainment, why do video games get such a bad reputation?
You're making it painfully obvious that you're an ignorant teenager, because the same shit has literally happened with every other medium.
>>
>>340881723
that's a guy, right?
>>
>>340881723

Guns don´t kill people, people do!
People don´t kill people videogames do!

Conservatives are fucking retarded.
>>
>>340881723
tldr; stupid people are stupid
>>
>>340882636
Yo to be fair at least about the point of tv ruining your eyes was true for a while since tvs were super shitty back then and emitted a tad ammount of radiation which is what fucked peoples eyes up. Now it is still only mildly valid since rye strain can ruin your eyesigjt as well.
>>
>>340881993
>etc
LIKE WHAT
TELL ME
>>
File: latest[2].jpg (80 KB, 590x1280) Image search: [Google]
latest[2].jpg
80 KB, 590x1280
>>340884651
Hillary Clinton was the original Moral Crusader against Video games. So much so they made her the statue of Liberty in GTA,
>>
>>340884983
going out to parties?
traveling?
go watch live sports?
working out?
>>
New medium. Back in the 50s there were waves of the exact same people crying about TV destroying the country's youth and such. Video games are steadily becoming less and less villainized as they age, just like every medium.
>>
>>340884745

you might be retarded if you think that "radiation" is what fucks up your eyes
>>
>>340884651
Yes that's right goyim, only the conservatives are after your video games, Hilary Clinton fights for your rights!
>>
>>340884983
They binge watch 3 hours of Mountain Men and Big Foot hunting on "The Learning Channel."

They go out to bars and smoke cigarettes only as an attempt to break the ice with someone outside smoking.

Normal people don't think beyond the surface, as that's a job better for someone else.

Normal people are not better better if you take away the "accepted by society label" of their activities.
>>
>>340884651
Politicians are all worms only looking out for themselves. Don't trust either party, you twit.
>>
>>340884651
as if liberals are any better

>hey everyone, lets invite a bunch of middle eastern fuckwits to our country that hate gays and progressive/western values, and blame white people when they shoot up a gay club!
>>
>>340885454
>>340885046
I was talking about gun control and how conservatives seem to get hard watching mass shootings

Also
>>340885706

>Implying I´m a liberal
>>
Because people aren't used to it, that's all
There was a time when people were terrified of radio, of tv, of photographs and so on but got used to it and the same is happening to vidya
>>
>>340886293
>I was talking about gun control and how conservatives seem to get hard watching mass shootings

no shit, because they happen in gun-free zones and we're wondering when you retards are going to realize that
>>
people hate things that are new
hell socrates (yes that socrates) thought books were degenerate and would cause the downfall of society
>>
>>340884983
the etc was because he ran out of ideas.

literally they work out, take extra time to eat healthy and keep their bodies looking and smelling great

then during the weekend they go out to a bar and they find someone to fuck

the "disgusting gamer" stereotype is because we have more interesting shit to do. its not HARD to get laid regularly, but it is VERY time consuming to prep for it, and i'd rather vidya
>>
File: 1439152275270.jpg (24 KB, 333x333) Image search: [Google]
1439152275270.jpg
24 KB, 333x333
>>340885681
>>
>>340881723
old people don't understand them
>>
>>340886429
I know dude
The solution to shootings
Is to sell more things to shoot with
>>
>>340886487
>A show about grandpa cooking meth sweeps the nation
Thanks for proving my point.
>>
>>340886713
>Obtain CCW permit
>60% of private establishments and most public buildings post signs banning weapons
>Law abiding citizen leaves weapons at home
>Tragedy happens
>Anti's: SEE!? GUNS DON'T WORK. WHERE WAS THE GOOD GUY WITH THE GUN!? GUNNUTS DEBUNKED!!!

Every single month, the NRA fills an entire page on their magazine with accounts of people defending themselves using firearms. So many tales that they are forced to pick and choose which ones to publish. All of these stories that you never hear on the evening news.
>>
File: 1461175051456.png (171 KB, 394x346) Image search: [Google]
1461175051456.png
171 KB, 394x346
>>340881993
>drinking
why would anyone pay money for piss in a bottle?
>>
>>340886962
To become inebriated.

Pro tip: Not all alcohol is beer.
>>
File: picked up.jpg (293 KB, 1588x800) Image search: [Google]
picked up.jpg
293 KB, 1588x800
>>340881723
Because they're new. TV, theater, hell, even writing itself got the same treatment when it was introduced.
>>
>>340881723
>they're addictive and evil

Valve, Activision Blizzard and now CDPROJEKT Red (Gwent) are nothing more than thinly veiled gambling outfits aimed at minors. There is an objective case that their gameplay models are indeed harmful.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q9RjDRLBWio
>>
>>340886891
>>340886713

Actually, Obama just gave a speech how our current laws prevent us from disallowing sales of fire arms to known ISIS sympathizer LITERATELY a few a day ago. The shooting in FL was done exactly by one of these previously investigated sympathizer's. Imagine if the government was able to confiscate his arms and blacklist his ability to purchase firearms?
The republicans aloing with the NRA are actually to blame in this case because of their inability to budge slightly for stricter fire arm laws.
>>
>>340887208
I've tried wine and its also disgusting.
>>
Because it's new. Rock music used to be the devil
>>
>>340887406
>Act of Terror
>doesnt mention religion as a motive
>doesnt mention what the shooters name was or any details for that matter
>doesnt mention it was a homosexual nightclub
but heyyyy yoooooo,
>Pistol and POWERFUL ASSSHURT RIFLE
>Too easy to get them
>"We need to decide if that is the country we want to be"
Fuck you you fucking fuck. The fundamentals for this country were set by the founding fathers. Dont go fucking with the foundation unless you want to see the building collapse and crumble.
>>
>>340886891

>Every single month, the NRA fills an entire page on their magazine with accounts of people defending themselves using firearms.

They were probably attacked by people using legally-bought firearms.

http://www.theguardian.com/us-news/ng-interactive/2015/oct/02/mass-shootings-america-gun-violence

When you have almost one mass shooting per day, you should really start to consider restricting guns more.
>>
>>340887423
Do you also refuse to take medicine because of the taste? The point of alcohol is that its a toxin, its not supposed to be a strawberry juicebox. People make sacrifices for gains elsewhere, like getting smashed drunk.

Just fucking say you don't like to be drunk and stop bitching about the taste.
>>
>>340887581
the founding fathers lived in a different age when pirates and bandits were commonplace
>>
>>340887581
>Document was written 200+ years ago by candlelight
>DONT CHANGE IT, ITS FINE!!!!!

America is a fucking joke because of conservacucks like you.
>>
>>340887735
getting drunk doesn't help you in any way its just a waste of time
>>
>>340887581
The world has changed immensely since the signing of the Declaration. If you can't notice this then you are one of the many Americans making this country less and less great with each political election. Slavery was moral in this age, and murder more widely accepted.
>>
>>340887406
>gun sellers refuse to sell gun to Muhammad Bin Hussein Al Sadr
>libtards scream "islamophobia"

Hussein Obongo would never approve legislation that prevents his durka friends from getting guns, even if their entire facebook is full f ISIS shit
>>
>>340884983
Ex normie here. They spend most of the time doing other pointless shit.

>TV
>sitting around with other people talking about nothing
>work
>pretending we're busy
>playing bullshit on our phones
>messaging people we don't care about
Some people have small hobbies, for me it was lifting. I also invested a lot of time in school, but since I've graduated I've become a hermit who only works and goes home to play vidya.

The normie life is a lie. I felt just as lonely and depressed then as I do now. Having a bunch of people around doesn't make you feel less alone. Girls are all selfish resource vaccums. And it's hard to find a genuine friend that calls you for more than when they need something from you.
>>
>>340887903
Neither does playing videogames, but here we are.
>>
>>340881723
There is no intellectual stimulation with video games. They are purely built on visceral exploitation entertainment and escapism, just like comic books. You won't find anything on par with Francis Bacon's or Rene Descartes' works in the gaming industry.
>>
>>340887581
Mentioning those things does not change the fact this guy who lived in the United States, probably even as a citizen, could have simply strolled into any affiliated fire arm store and purchased the tool he used to cause the chaos. My simple mentioning of perhaps making laws stricter so known terrorist sympathizers can't do this and you start going on a tangent about 300 year old laws written in some sort of sacred eagle blood.
>>
Exactly what >>340887536 said.

Before it was rock music, comic books, rap music, etc. Etc. Then video games. But the thing is that there's been less of a focus on blaming games for violent shit, and now there's a focus (By some people of course, not a whole whole lot) on how "video games instill misogynistic values" in kids, as evident by the SJW types.

Basically Feminist Frequency and that whole group of people, are the new form of high and mighty, completely misguided politicians gunning after games and blaming them for an unrelated problem.
>>
>>340881993
But don't most people in this thread do all that besides maybe having sex.
>>
>>340887903
>experience altered state of consciousness
>when done in good measure can make you aware of new things about yourself
>when done in excess can be social lubricant
>It tastes/feels good to some people

But I suppose shitposting on irish potato-peeling imageboards is the be all and end all of human activity, so you're right
>>
>>340888096
And that's the way it should be, no one gives a shit about your meme "le giver her le dick" philosopher and the people who do would be reading a fucking book
>>
>>340887903
You realize man created the concept of time, now you are being a slave to it. Drinking at a bar could to an encounter with a savvy businessman or a potential employer. At the very least you're going to loosen up and shave off some stress. Playing video games for the next 40 years could leave you alone with diabetes.

You can define what wastes your time, but that doesn't apply to my time.
>>
>>340887704
>When you have almost one mass shooting per day
Oh boy, it's my favorite meme.
>>
It's a Deus Ex/Assassins Creed kind of conspiracy. Rich people and hipsters that want to control the behavior of others do their best to convince people that videogames in their current form are bad, and what would be much better is if videogame consoles were all owned by facebook or some other happy merchant company or some government and were used to distribute propaganda "games" designed to influence a persons beliefs, rather than to entertain and challenge them.
>>
File: image.png (173 KB, 349x446) Image search: [Google]
image.png
173 KB, 349x446
>>340881723
That's a man, bro.
>>
>>340888275
No, they just spend their time on their computer on 4chan or watching anime.
>>
File: 1427227497627.jpg (43 KB, 512x384) Image search: [Google]
1427227497627.jpg
43 KB, 512x384
>>340888287
>mfw I'm a potato-nigger who spends 90% of his time alone but still loves getting shitfaced drunk with friends
>>
>>340887910
The guy had a previous record of being investigated by the FBI. If you read your facts instead of pushing some shitty agenda you'd realize that they would have reasons for disarming him no matter your affiliation.
>>
>>340888473
Saying that a fact is a meme doesn´t turn it into one.

>Data compiled by the crowd-sourced website ShootingTracker.com reveals a shocking human toll: there is a mass shooting – defined as four or more people shot in one incident – nearly every day. (Updated on 3 Dec 2015)
>>
>>340881723
its the newest
>>
>>340888596
And there'd be a shitstorm of buttblasted SJWs and celebrities on twitter if that happened

#WhyOnlyGunsForWhites
>>
>>340882610
>i couldnt stomach any more of there shit opinions or insufferable lives with no value or meaning

yet you come back here time and time again
>>
>>340888669
>GVA also does not parse the definition to exclude any type of gun violence such as gang shooting or domestic violence. The definition is purely numerical and reflects ALL shootings which reach that statistical threshold.

Libs that don't even read their own sources are an endless source of amusement for me.
>>
>>340888875

Why do you think fag lovers would bitch about fag killers getting their rights stripped away? You realize the twitter crowd only cares about the people who share the same thought-wave as them? Just like 4chan.
>>
>>340887907
Murder was never accepted. Liberals however don't value their own life because the media and education system has told them they are oppressive and evil their whole lives. They are unable to comprehend that legal gun owners aren't killing people in mass and it's those who they think they will protect that are.

Every white American should be armed.
>>
>>340889051

>Gang shootings are not mass shootings.

Gang.
(of a number of people) form a group or gang.
>>
>>340889051
A mass shooting isn´t a mass shooting if the people who participate in it are gang members or family?
>>
>>340889072
They're willing to accept rape and murder, as long it's done by a minority (98% of the world who aren't white male christians)
>>
>>340886105
It was just a prank bro
>>
>>340889226
>Conservatives create barriers for low income and minorities to vote, actively affecting polling rates
"It's our legal right to adjust deadlines!"
>Liberals attempt to create barries for gun laws, to deter spontaneous acts of violence
"THATS NOT HOW IT WORKS YOU DONT UDNERSTAND"
>>
>>340889072
>Why do you think fag lovers would bitch about fag killers getting their rights stripped away?

that's funny, because the biggest defenders of violent muslims tend to be LGBT people
the hypocrisy of liberals is astounding
>>
>>340889249
>I once read this thing that a nigger posted so its gotta be fact.
>>
>>340881723
Because they are the newest
Everything said about videogames has already been said for TVs for example.
Literally the same fucking things.
>>
>>340888305
And that is also why your medium will always be looked down upon as child's play. Saying your play video games is on par with saying you still play with action figures or dolls as an adult.
>>
File: 1457150265708.jpg (35 KB, 480x480) Image search: [Google]
1457150265708.jpg
35 KB, 480x480
>>340881723
They refused to get "on message" with the elites/media/NWO/whomever. They're too free, basically.
>>
>>340889524
>The biggest defender isn't our government who sold them weapons overseas for years.

OK
>>
>>340889416
>having a legal ID deters voters
sure, I guess if you're an illegal alien
I guess that's why liberals want no IDs required to vote
>>
>>340888272
>But the thing is that there's been less of a focus on blaming games for violent shit, and now there's a focus (By some people of course, not a whole whole lot) on how "video games instill misogynistic values" in kids, as evident by the SJW types
This more or less but I think there difference with other mediums and the reason the vidogame blaming is so strong and has being going for so long is that it, as a medium, had the bad luck of being struck by two waves of bullshit.
First, the conservative outcry of violence and religious morals, now the feminist outcry of misogynist and what not.
The traditional vidogame blaming had already started to lose steam when the feminists piked it back up.
>>
>>340889226
Go home /pol/, there's no reason for a civilian to have a tool exclusively useful for murder unless they need it for their job, or live in a rural area with dangerous wildlife. If it's self-defense you're worried about, get a sufficiently powerful bean bag gun.
>>
>>340889764
>you assume I love our administration or something

sorry I'm not buying into the dual democrat narrative
>>
File: 1443969112021.jpg (165 KB, 439x550) Image search: [Google]
1443969112021.jpg
165 KB, 439x550
I live in a country where we were basically stripped of all guns rights. Gun violence at an all time high.
And I have to fucking read people saying that getting rid or restricting legally adquired firearms will stop criminals from having them.
>>
Literally every medium is attacked by mainstream idiots

>Book burnings
>Metal music causes satanic worship
>DnD causes witchcraft
>90's Comic Books/Graphic Novels cause violence

Only movies get a bit of a pass I believe, but there's certainly been plenty controversial ones

Attacking random mediums is just an easy way to pin societal problems on something, and idiot normalfags believe it.
>>
File: Capture.png (576 KB, 573x631) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
576 KB, 573x631
>>340889642
>And that is also why your medium will always be looked down upon as child's play

Good, i don't want any sudo intellectuals and their pretentious games shitting things up, they can fuck off back other mediums, staring at blank canvases for hours and doing stupid shit like this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8RM1oTw6fPg
>>
>>340890068
maybe they just don't want to step on somebody's glove
i hate this picture
>>
>>340881723
Higher barrier to entry as well as the fact that they're so new people are alive that remember when the pinnacle was pacman.
I think the main reason is barrier to entry. Any moron can watch Kubrick or something and pretend they "get it." And no one reads anymore so anyone can fake that. Fucking GoT isn't even read and that's the most pleb fantasy I can think of. But video games, you need to actually care and practice. Look at game reviewers, they supposedly do this for a living yet they're garbage. Imagine your typical normie who has trouble imagining wasd as arrow keys. It'd be incredibly amusing to watch them play souls, just because the series awards patience so much.
>>
>>340881723
Because not enough people play them
Now goy, buy me games.
>>
>>340890174
Or they could have just took the glove and delivered it to the lost&found guy, except no one knows whether it's "art" or not
>>
>>340890185
>who has trouble imagining wasd as arrow keys
csgo, wow, doter and cod are insanely popular on pc.
>>
>>340890369
>playing an irl fetch quest when you've come to a museum to see pictures and shit
>>
>>340881723

Old people and people with power generally don't play games. As such its new and alien to them. Add rising violence in America and easy to latch up to the thinking.

>They're only for children!

Games started out as being marketed to kids only. Its only been realtively recently that we've seen teens and adults turn gaming into big profit.

>Fat nerds and man children play them!
New to /v/? While this isn't the case, it does not help that a loud minority of gamers whine to make it seem like it.

>They're addictive and evil!
Never heard of this.
>>
It's not about IDs you fucking idiot, its about voting hours being during a weekday daylight hours. America is a "developed" country that prides itself on its democracy, yet is one of the only ones that does not give its citizens the day off to vote.

What does this mean? Many people have to choose to either vote, or go to work; and some people can't choose to miss a day of work.

Keep convincing me how voting fraud is a big issue amongst illegals and minorities when its people testifying in court for rigging ballot machines for the elite right now.
>>
>>340890068
No, it's the reason why your medium is easily exploited by pseudo intellectuals, whom are given a lot of praise by your critics and audience. Books that would be like Gone Home or Dear Esther would have been laughed out the store by book readers and critics, but in video game form get a lot of praise and awards by both video game critics and players.
>>
>>340890485
>thinking a petty good deed is a big deal
>>
>>340888553
>tfw you and your friends don't have time to go out drinking together as much as you used to
at least there's a bbq every few holidays for us to catch up and drink
>>
>>340890369
Anon, that's retarded. Only a pseudo-intellectual would think people were stupid enough to think the glove is art, the reality is people simply don't want to deal with it, while at the same time, being courteous enough to not step on it.
It's also been a while since I've been to the MoMA but I don't think there's simply a "lost and found guy" you could bring the glove to.
>>
>>340889958
Doesn't change the fact that the US government has been one of the biggest supporters and defenders of ISIS. The pink haired gabber monster might be doing it publicly, but the amount of funds our tax payers have paid into this monster is atrocious.
>>
Because society in general is still run by the older generations who grew up before video games, so it's still that newfangled gizmo that's ruining kids these days

Eventually the old guard has to step down and it'll become less controversial
>>
>>340882338

Treating comics and graphic novels as the same thing is similar to treating television serials and film as the same thing.
>>
File: white girls can't fight.webm (2 MB, 270x480) Image search: [Google]
white girls can't fight.webm
2 MB, 270x480
>>340890037

the leftists here who say you don't need guns have never left their ivory tower

watching black people fight is like watching a chimp attack a person
>>
>>340890389
Compared to the average population, they aren't at all.
>>
>>340881723
It's ment to be used as a shaming language because it doesn't revolve women.
Funny enough the women that use shaming language are usually grown children themselves
>>
>>340881723
>why do video games get such a bad reputation?
Because they deserve it.
You can't honestly look at /v/ and tell me that videogames and gamers are in any way misrepresented in media.
>>
>>340890870
>100s of Years instigating the Homous Nigras.
>WOW WHY THEY SO VIOLENT
>>
>>340882636
>>People used to say that tv was addictive, made kids violent and would ruin your eyes.
>People used to say that movies and non-traditional live theater were destroying society's moral fiber.
>People used to say that non-fiction novels were also destroying moral fibers.
All of those are true.
>>
>>340890594
Hello /pol/
>>
>>340890724
>Only a pseudo-intellectual would think people were stupid enough to think the glove is art

Have you actually been there?
Seeing pseudo intellectual mistaking random objects lying around for art is not an uncommon thing, and this is how normal people react to modern art:
http://nypost.com/2015/10/27/modern-art-exhibit-mistaken-for-trash-and-thrown-away/

> I don't think there's simply a "lost and found guy" you could bring the glove to.
Just hand them to whoever can return lost objects, you're missing the point
>>
>>340891037
That's like saying you can't look at /tv/ and say they're misrepresented.
>>
File: dont disgust me or my son.jpg (51 KB, 415x392) Image search: [Google]
dont disgust me or my son.jpg
51 KB, 415x392
>>340890870
>attacking someone holding a child
this is why i'm racist
>>
>>340891375
Nah, this was a legit reply to >>340889770

Besides it's not /pol/ cause I'm bitching about excluding the poor and blacks. I just gave up hope and didn't wanna bother setting up the reply chain.
>>
gaming is cheap so it attracts poor people.
>>
>>340890870
This is something I'd like to know the context on
also
>Black guy just starts dancing
>>
gamers have no social skills
>>
File: 1459388879661.jpg (155 KB, 651x942) Image search: [Google]
1459388879661.jpg
155 KB, 651x942
>>340881723
Video games are a black box to the typical dominant, extroverted, less-than-intelligent American. Furthermore, the people who enjoy them are often significantly different than these people.

The proper response, then, is to go cross-eyed, shit yourself, and decry video games as infringing upon some manner of pop-culture morality.
>>
>>340890870
>muh white race
>muh niggers
For people who identify with their race out of pride for their ancestors accomplishments, you sure do hate their biggest contribution to modern society. Namely the mass importation and cross breeding with peoples of a different country.
>>
>>340889886
>get a sufficiently powerful beanbag gun
So a beanbag gun powerful enough to knock someone out in a single blast?
That definitely has the potential to be lethal.
>no reason
Yeah man I see nothing wrong with giving only the state access to firearms. That seems a sane thing in a world where everyone is constantly debating over such things as drones, that we should give much more tangible leverage to a governing body.
>>
>>340890870
http://crimefeed.com/2015/06/13-year-old-arrested-violent-brawl-involving-toddler/

weird what sort of things incite violence
>>
>>340891813
>muh white race

I'm not even white, nice assumption tho
>>
>>340891523
/tv/ is just an insignificant minority.

And it not just /v/ that demonstrates how bad a big part of the gaming community is.
>>
>>340888096
thats not the point of video GAMES
They are an entertainment medium on the same level of sports or board games.
>>
>>340891980
literally just like a chimpanzee, they'll attack you at the drop of a hat
>>
>>340890870
Fucking niggers
Can't even behave in public
>>
They're a newer medium that's far surpassed any other entertainment medium in terms of income.

Film, music, etc. are EXTREMELY threatened by video games, and are doing everything they can to try and even somewhat decrease their monetary stranglehold. Less people playing video games, more people watching TV and movies. They can't compete, so they hope to change the hearts and minds of parents to prevent their children from playing.
>>
Because most games are targeted at boys which means they are an easy target for social criticism
>>
>IMDB top 50 movies
>6 movies are sequels

>Metacritic top 50 games
>41 games are sequels

I think the gaming industry's reputation is related to the fact that it fucking loves sequels, remakes and rehashing the same shit over and over again. But games are just toys, and they're most effective when the developers know this and don't try to make the "citizen kane of games".
>>
Typical old folks being afraid of new media they didn't have growing up.

Also, holier than thou attitudes coupled with people looking in at something they don't belong to leading to criticism.

This is why you see lots of older women hating on games.
>>
>>340881723
Videogames is the new trendy thing to do! Comics had their detractors, and Dungeons and Dragons, and Magic the Gathering, and basically any form of new entertainment. Is a new industry that can be easily...eh....bullied I guess is the best word, without any negative repercussions.
>>
>>340887406
Well isn't it a damn shame that no gun control measures every came to the floor that were just "Restrict access to suspicious individuals" that weren't also bundled with straight up weapon bans?
>>
>>340889886
You're right because no one commits crimes with guns. Because guns are illegal and no one would EVER commit a crime preceding another crime.
>>
File: 1462833473294.jpg (312 KB, 1596x1136) Image search: [Google]
1462833473294.jpg
312 KB, 1596x1136
>>340890068

>that video

Why is it always the same lanky cretins with the stupid look on their faces that do this crap? I think it might just be me but they're starting to sound the same too.

There has to be a reason for this.
>>
>>340892405
heh i came to the same conclusion a long time ago too

though tv and movies will always have a place since not everyone has the energy to play video games everyday
>>
>>340881723
video games get shit because gamers are all autistic manchildren

look at /v/
>>
>>340893618
People like to group together with similar people. Pseudo-intellectuals are extremely prone to being conformists because of their desire to be intellectual without actually having intelligence. Being part of the group is what feeds them.
>>
>>340885046
Hilary is a conservative that happens to be a democrat and gets by because everyone actually likes Bill.
>>
>>340896496
>everyone actually likes Bill
because he's not in office anymore, sure
>>
>>340887423
Try hard ciders or long drinks or something simple like rum-cola.
Thread replies: 139
Thread images: 16

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.