[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Dark Souls III
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 5
File: Capture.jpg (111 KB, 1227x638) Image search: [Google]
Capture.jpg
111 KB, 1227x638
Is Pointiff Sullyvan the definition of artificial difficulty?
>>
Nah that's twin princes
>>
>>340881491
Turn lock on off and roll to the left.
>>
>>340881491
holy shit, are people actually being this bad?
>>
>>340881687
/thread
>>
>>340881491
Not in my opinion
I see artificial difficulty as ridiculous health bars or insane one-shot attacks

Sully has high damage but each attack is minor
Plus he's parryable and half his attacks can be strafed

The shadow is a nuisance, though
It should have mimicked his attacks exactly or been a "which one is it" situation like pinwheel, but good
I guess sage already did that though...
>>
https://youtu.be/xpA32Z3GuEA?t=12930
>>
>>340882729
"Which one is it" clones are the worst and feel very unsatisfying when they vanish after one hit. His phantom actually acts as a unique weapon/mechanic and is an interesting parody of the player's ability to summon phantoms.
>>
File: 1455366634257.png (26 KB, 190x194) Image search: [Google]
1455366634257.png
26 KB, 190x194
>>340881491
>tfw getting sunbros help in %80 of the bosses

shiggidy.
>>
>>340881687
is this real?
pontiff wasn't that hard and neither was twin princes. i'm not even saying i'm good or anything. i couldn't beat nameless king alone.
>>
>mfw DS3 has the easiest bosses of the series
>mfw everyone is whining about artificial difficulty

i guess none of you has never passed through iron passage, just git gud
>>
>>340881491
Artificial Difficulty would be Yhorm. His moveset is easy enough to learn and avoid, but because his health is so high it just becomes a battle of patience, not skill, as you slowly chip away at his health and not make a mistake out of boredom. Sullyvan has a lot more variety in his moveset and his speed requires quicker reaction time. Some skill is actually required for Sullyvan.
>>
Roll diagonally to the left, into his attacks.

If you dodge the first hit he'll keep doing combo into the air like a retard, so hit him once (don't be greedy) and repeat.

When he starts the spawning clone animation, most weapons buffed with fire will kill the clone in a single combo before it gets to do anything. Dark Sword murders it in 4 hits.
>>
>>340885870
You know you're supposed to use the sword near his throne, right?
>>
>>340881491
Reminder that DSP was playing the reviwer copy of the game, so enemies had way less HP and damage.
>>
File: 1461634840955.jpg (80 KB, 1227x668) Image search: [Google]
1461634840955.jpg
80 KB, 1227x668
He is the definition of badass
>>
I could just swing the great club 2-3 times to both hit him and kill his dark spirit as soon as it spawns
>>
>>340881491
beat him second try, no guides or any videos of him seen before. get good, pcuck.
>>
>>340885870
Yhrom is fun as fuck without stormruler. getting him on his knees and riposting him for a sixth of his health is fun as fuck to me. It doesn't even take that long to beat him that way.
>>
>>340885870
I hope you're not the guy that got butt blasted when he admitted he killed ancient wyvern without the plunge.
>>
>>340882729
>ridiculous health bars or insane one-shot attacks
>defiled dog and amy have 20k+ hp
>multiple moves that one shot
they fit the bill.
>>
>>340885870
If you use the weapon sitting in his room he dies in 4-5 hits if you don't have a phantom summoned
>>
I'm pretty sure Polnareff's stand always just telegraphs what the real one is going to do a couple seconds later. I really like the rhythm it brings to the fight, or at least I did on my first playthrough before I learned how to kill him immediately once he started summoning it. Is it possible for them to become desynced sometimes? I can see why that'd be more difficult.
>>
>>340886582
>Is it possible for them to become desynced sometimes?
Yes, but normally only if you're too aggressive. They'll only desync if you stagger one of them or trigger a defensive attack like a back attack or jump-away because you're riding their dick too much.
>>
>>340881491
Beat him and most other DS3 bosses on 1st try. Nameless King and Aldrich killed me the most.
>>
>>340886205
With the sword it's not even a boss fight, with the Onion Knight it's pretty much a cutscene.

>>340886402
Not that guy, but I have killed the wyvern without the plunge and it's not a very good fight. Wyvern was an awkward fight and obviously wasn't designed to be won without the plunge.
>>
Why is this game so bland and lacking in atmosphere and full of shit design choices compared to Bloodborne or DS1? Nothing feels exciting or fun in this game.
>>
>>340881491
Keep his clone alive and use it to see what the real one is going to do next. All attacks are easy to avoid and thanks to the clone you will always know the best way to approach ol' Sully.
>>
>>340887040
Every Souls game is full of shit design choices, this game just doesn't have the atmosphere to help you forgive it. The baffling thing is that a lot of the bad design choices are different every single time, even though they should be learning to avoid certain things by now.
>>
>>340887040
It's true, the atmosphere is really lacking. The game never sucks me into it. Everything feels so floaty too, like there's no weight to it
>>
Pontiff isn't very hard, but he's probably the first "proper" boss fight in the game which serves as a wake-up call to a lot of people I guess. Prior to that it's mostly gimmick and puzzle fights, or against things that stagger like regular enemies.
>>
>>340881491
No, there is a really simple trick to it. You are probably just trying to circle around him the wrong way.
>>
>>340881491
Easiest boss to parry, and i suck at parrying
>>
>>340882729
During the second phase though, he's a lot less aggressive, so it's an accomplishment to defeat his shadow because Sullyvan is piecemeal after that.

I don't know man--the first half-dozen so bosses in this game were legitimately hard. Then somewhere around the second half, they start to taper off completely where I can beat them in only a few tries.

Either I completely shook off Bloodborne habits and tendencies by then, or progression is just that much underwhelming.
>>
>>340884370
I play offline because im not a pleb
>>
>>340881491
I just summon the designated NPC for this fight.
>>
>>340888679
That's easy mode though. Getting invaded is part of the challenge.
>>
>>340889337
Nah, easy mode is being a summoning bitch. Invaders add to the challenge much less than buttbuddies subtract from it.
>>
he's a definition of git gud casual faggot
>>
File: Screenshot-Original.png (2 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot-Original.png
2 MB, 1920x1080
Rate my character. His name is Fligjub
>>
neither sullyvan or twin princes are even hard

jesus, souls babies. typical boss in bloodborne is much harder than either
>>
SL1 is a learning experience
if you haven't gone through or haven't thought about finishing any soulsborne games without leveling up, you're a shitter that should probably get good
>>
File: 1413556489566.jpg (23 KB, 450x299) Image search: [Google]
1413556489566.jpg
23 KB, 450x299
>>340891515
>if you didn't beat this game with a broomstick all the way up your ass you're a fucking casual and need to git gud!
>>
>>340890798
Blue ovaries/10
>>
>>340891515
>sl1 shitter
try beating the game sl20 and with a +0 weapon kid
>>
>>340889697
Playing online doesn't automatically make you a summoner. I played through the whole game solo before doing some co-op with friends. Just admit you're afraid of getting invaded.
Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.