[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why did Sony try to push this unpopular, boring, and generic series?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 53
Thread images: 2
File: Killzone_Shadow_Fall_Box.jpg (33 KB, 256x320) Image search: [Google]
Killzone_Shadow_Fall_Box.jpg
33 KB, 256x320
Why did Sony try to push this unpopular, boring, and generic series?
>>
money
>>
Best Buy had several Sony games listed for $14.99 the other day (the best ones are still that price), I was considering buying them all until I seen stinkers like this one.
>>
And also the graphics aren't even that good. I never understood how this series was some kind of graphical showcase yet even Killzone 2 and 3 were incredibly ugly on the PS3, and Shadowfall is completely outclassed by Battlefront and Doom (both of which run at 60fps). Yeah maybe it was the best looking when it came out, but even then, I saw the visuals and I thought they were just meh.
>>
kz2 and mercenary are actually great games, but we didn't particularly need to keep going from there
>>
Posting it now before this thread devolves into HELGHAST DID NOTHING WRONG. ISA are the good guys, Helghast are the bad guys, the devs have said this countless times and are none too subtle about it in game.
>>
>>340880226
Killzone 2 and 3 looked amazing what? Killzone 2 was a genuinely good game with an incredible fun online. But yes after that the series just declined.
>>
Because they need an FPS exclusive franchise to push, but nobody has any idea what to do with it.

We need more games like Mercenary. Games which paint both sides as likable and also unreasonable, and also have assloads of content.
Actually siding with the Helghast after shooting the shit out of them for half the game was suprisingly refreshing, and the mission system that added new objectives to campaign was fun.
>>
File: 256px-Haze_boxart.jpg (25 KB, 256x304) Image search: [Google]
256px-Haze_boxart.jpg
25 KB, 256x304
It all goes back to this.
>>
>>340879840
Because Halo
>>
>>340879840
Desperation to beat out Halo with something similar.

They tried to push Killzone 2 as Sony's "Halo Killer"
>>
>>340879840
KZ2 was pretty good. 3 was generic.
>>
>>340879840
needed a halo killer

turns out that the real halo killer ended up being halo itself
>>
>>340880226
>muh graphics
kys
>>
>>340880728
fuck you 343 industries
>>
>>340880372
They looked very muddy and blurry. I was talking more about Shadow Fall though. Because while KZ2/KZ3 maybe had good "graphics" but an ugly aesthetic, I think Shadow Fall has graphics that are downright unimpressive. Black Ops 3 looks better.
>>
>>340880368
Funnily how in Shadowfall it's so piss-weak that they have to state that Helghast literally have Evil genes.
>>
>>340880773
Killzone always advertised itself as a graphics powerhouse. Fuck off
>>
Parts where it gives you a big open area and a target are really good though. That's why I'm looking forward to Horizon zero dawn, I think Guerilla can do a lot with a game based around open areas and freedom of approach. I just hope they minimize interaction with the goddamn touchpad, because using multiple robot functions in succession was fucking excruciating.
>>
>>340880450

Even though Killzone came out before that?
>>
>>340880259
KZ2 was great. Great maps online and the sniper tilted along with the controller. It was a fantastic game.

KZ3 was a steaming pile of shit. The campaign was short as fuck. Just over 4 hours long even on hard. On highest difficulty it did take a little longer. Multiplayer was the worst sequel I've ever seen to this day. They REMOVED a class from the game, removed a gun, swapped some maps and reskinned all the remaining guns, then called it a new game. What the fuck? How did they remove things and call it a new game? Fucking trash.
>>
>>340880869
Blur/smear/shit filters are graphics though anon. Are you saying making things hard to see isn't impressive?
>>
>>340879840
Killzone 2-3 are good. Never played shadowfall
>>
>>340881221
Killzone 2 didn't, which is the first Killzone that Sony pushed.
>>
>>340881362
Shadowfall is definitely better than 3. Though I in turn hasn't played 2.
>>
Killzone is honestly repulsive. Just the idea of it. A shitty, generic FPS being pushed by a big company for "muh graphics" that nobody even likes (even normies dont care about it) and the "graphics" consist of ugly blur filters and grey/brown areas. Who genuinely likes this series?
>>
Fuck up bitchass Killzone 2 & Mercenary are great games. How they could make a tech demo like game in Shadow Fall after the superb Mercenary I don't know
>>
>that ending in Shadowfall

Jesus christ. Instant buyer's remorse. Returned the game for a quick buck shortly afterwards.
>>
>>340881962
Why did she even do it? She never even formed that much attachment to Kellan and then just goes and undermines literally everything they worked for. It was fucking retarded.
>>
>>340882170
I was more mad about getting shot in the face personally. I'm glad my Helghan waifu shot that nigger and avenged me.
>>
Sony's mature franchises are shit compared to their kiddie games, at least Parappa and Ape Escape tend to offer charm
>>
>>340880605
That was haze
>>
>>340880773

>muh graphics
>kys

you dont know jack shit about killzone
>>
>>340881740
I do. Killzone 2 on the hardest setting was a FPS exerience up there with all the greats. It got stripped of what made it great because faggots wanted it to be COD. I don't even hate call of duty. I am a fan of games doing something well and keeping thier identity in the process.

KZ3 was okay, it had moments but was gimped to be more like COD. SF was a tech demo and rushed. It actually had a couple of great moments. The thing is Killzone 2 you were up to your chin in shit during an all out war. So it was intense as fuck. Shadowfall you were more like a special agent infultrating areas so the game reflected that in the usage of the owl.

Anyway, Killzone is great.
>>
I liked Killzone 2 and 3, but skipped Shadow Fall.
>>
>>340882326
I kinda expect to be shot in modern FPS titles. And sure nigger was a massive asshole who still wanted the extermination of Helghast, but diplomacy was working at the moment, they were on the path to peace and Echo just goes and shoots him, provoking new war because some dude she spent like an hour with was killed by that nigger. The whole story felt too jumpy with its tones: one minute I'm supposed to feel sorry for poor Helghast civilians who are just victims of ongoing war, then next second I'm told it's perfectly fine to kill them because they're genetically evil. Either have a serious moral about no good and evil existing or pick a side, Shadowfall just stutters between trying to have their moral but not alienate CoD audience that love their righteous wars.
>>
>>340882757

THIS
>>
2 was good. I don't k ow what went wrong. Kill zone is shit.
>>
What do you guys want out of a new Killzone title? I'd love a Mercenary 2 with overall more content, but a true Killzone 4 thats as great as KZ2 would be best. It's a long shot for both tho
>>
>>340883350
More focus on open areas. More verticality to those. A grappling hook that allows me to also climb fast. Working stealth. Most crucially not to use the touchpad the way KZ:S did.
>>
I will fucking fight all of you right now. my favorite shooter of the year was SF. My Favorite Shooter of all time is KZ2. I fucking hate how people think killzone is bad when the only ones that were are 3 and 1. Why do people think this bullshit!
>>
Killzone 2 was just playable to me. I finished it but it wasd mediocre all around.

Now Resistance is where it's at.
>>
KZ1: hyped as "halo killer" turned out to be a decent shooter held back by the world worst fucking gunplay ever and boring enemies.

KZ2: Fucking Glorious. excellent, heavy gunplay; Good story if a little underwhelming on interesting ISA characters, fantastically balanced multiplayer.

KZ3: KZ2 with bloat. Lots of gimmicks in Singleplayer, MOTION CONTROLS, and other stupid ideas. They also took the balance of Multiplayer and Smashed and Smashed until the tactician was so stupidly overpowered it wasn't fair anymore.

KZ:SF: Heartbreakingly flawed. You can tell they were rushed for a launch title. So many good Ideas were not done correctly. the open map and objective choices in the early half were great but became linear in the late game. OWL was a good idea but didn't do enough to encourage use. Characters have HUGE potential but with the exception of Sinclair do not evolve or even go anywhere.
>>
I loved Killzone 2. I still think those graphics are good to this day which impressive considering how awful PS3 games look to me now
>>
>>340880226
>lets compare a game from 2014 to other games from 2016.
>>
>>340880605
sony was not trying to make a halo killer.
it's the fans that make it that way
>>
The first two had fun campaigns. Then it started going downhill. Similar to what happened with halo but not on as grand a scale.
>>
>>340885265
cont.
Shadow fall's Multiplayer is pretty gud. A little less balanced and less class based due to the fact they combined 3 different classes into one but it is fun and you can get some actual tactics going.

KZ:Liberation: Top Down shooter with an amazing AI. not much else to say

KZ: Mercenary: My second favorite portable shooter. Felt like mini KZ2 that was streamlined. good story, great gunplay, it's all there.

TL;DR People are sort of correct when they say KZ is average but not if they mean it in a call of duty way. They always have good ideas that they just don't expand enough
>>
>>340884540
Tell me why Resistance isn't shit.
>>
>>340886136
First two are meh, third is pretty damn good though.
>>
Why did they get rid of custom lobbies in favour of shitty fucking CoD tier matchmaking? It literally killed any enthusiasm I had for this series.
>>
kill zone has been a good series, fuck yourself, OP

shadowfall was too generic, yes
>>
>>340879840
Because 1 was a cult hit and two was actually good. 3 was trash along with this one
Thread replies: 53
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.