[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What the heck? Seriously. Is every company doomed to turn into
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 6
File: its_ok_when_CDPR_does_it.jpg (194 KB, 840x480) Image search: [Google]
its_ok_when_CDPR_does_it.jpg
194 KB, 840x480
What the heck? Seriously.

Is every company doomed to turn into a money sucker once they get a couple of games right?
Prepare for day 1 DLCs in cyberpunk 2077
>>
Yes.
>>
>>340875931
People legitimately asked for this. I don't see the problem. Yeah its a cash grab but its not even in the real game, who cares.
>>
>>340876109
No, you don't understand, if a popular game developer does a single thing that I personally do not like, they are shit forever and everyone who likes them is a kid, a pleb, or just not redpilled like my awakened self is
>>
File: 1335.gif (2 MB, 348x323) Image search: [Google]
1335.gif
2 MB, 348x323
"Please make a Gwent game!"
"Gwent is pretty cool!"

"Ok, here's Gwent"

"MONEY GRUBBING JEWS!"
>>
>>340876109
The problem is that the publisher tends to put extra effort into everything they do. Seeing an enormous patch DLC just for Gwent would be one thing, but seeing a marketed stand-alone game would be insane.
>>
>>340876445
basically
>>
>waiting this long to get out a Gwent standalone game

if it's not fleshed out considerably more, this is basically dead on arrival
>>
Is Gwent really that deep of a game? I just bought Witcher 3 about 2 days ago on the GoG sale, and Gwent is fun and all, but I can't imagine how much strategy is involved. Is there even such a thing as high level play in Gwent?
>>
File: image.png (78 KB, 321x185) Image search: [Google]
image.png
78 KB, 321x185
>>340875931
>giving a heck about this
>>
>>340876680
Yeah honestly its too shallow of a game to be interesting long term. There is no real advanced strategy to it beyond decoy/spy spamming.
>>
>>340876563
exactly this.

A free dlc for the witcher 3 would have been enough.

A standalone game is basically jewing the fanbase.
>>
>>340876846
Decoys and agents.
and
agents
>>
File: condot.jpg (38 KB, 264x500) Image search: [Google]
condot.jpg
38 KB, 264x500
Just get this instead
>>
File: 53.jpg (17 KB, 350x277) Image search: [Google]
53.jpg
17 KB, 350x277
>>340876445
>having fun with fan made Gwent Online
>CDPR sends them a C&D

I didn't want CDPR to make Gwent. I want classic rulesets and no additional cards ever. They're going to make a microtransation shitshow.
>>
>>340876445
>"Please make a Gwent game!"
> "Gwent is pretty cool!"
only retards said this
gwent is the literal definition of pay to win
there is practically 0 skill involved and the person with the better deck will win significantly more unless it's only marginally better

literally every other fantasy card game is better, have a look at pazaak or caravan
>>
>>340875931
>GEATEST MINIGAME EVER XD
>FUCKING POLLACK JEWS PROSTITUTING THEIR GAMES >:^(
>>
>>340876846
There are too few cards and options for it be very deep. Basically winning comes down to spamming agents and decoys for nilfgaard and northern realms, and loading your deck with as much shit as possible for the other two.
>>
>>340875931
The Witcher 3 is god tier. Best game I have ever played

I played it only with 30 fps, because I wanted 4k all settings maxed, and it was just beautiful
>>
>>340877017
to be fair trading card games in general are the definition of pay to win
>>
I don't understand why people like gwent so much. Seems very shallow and I immediately skipped it whenever it came up.
>>
>>340877583
No one is saying otherwise.

But making a standalone 60$ game of fucking gwent is activision tier.
>>
>>340875931
I really liked Gwent, and apparently a lot of other people did as well

It makes sense to spin it out into it's own full game
>>
>>340875931
I mean, you could just not play it?
>>
>>340877784
>standalone 60$ game

Tell me more man from the future who knows everything that will happen, how was E3?
>>
>>340877594
you get some advantage having a larger deck in pazaak or caravan but neither have advantages as big as gwent

the only direct upgrade in pazaak is +/- cards
>>
>>340877784
>standalone 60$ game of fucking gwent

Its going to be f2p mobile bullshit what are you smoking.
>>
>>340877784
Is it confirmed that it will be 60$?
>>
>>340878003
No, we literally don't know anything about it yet

There hasn't even been an official announcement
>>
>>340876846
The best cards have the highest numbers. The problem is that you are limited to whatever random cards are drawn.

You have the option to replace two cards at the beginning of the match randomly.

Spies add to the enemies total, but allow you to get two additional cards during the game. If the enemy uses a decoy on the spy card. They can send it to your side and get two cards, which repeats the process as long as both of you have decoys. The secret is getting as many as possible and using them in your 22 card deck of overpowered cards.
>>
>>340876563
>>340876894
A stand alone game allows it to be developed independently from the main game. It also makes it possible to develop the game for mobile (the biggest market for this kind of thing).

>>340876873
Making it a stand alone game means they have more freedom to alter rules in the long term.

Had they just kept it in Witcher 3 and just sold dlc card packs that would have been some real jew shit.
>>
>>340876445
"Please make a Gwent game!"
"Gwent is pretty cool!"

"Ok, here's Gwent"

"MONEY GRUBBING JEWS!"

*proceed to buy 60$ pack and play for 130 hours straight*
>>
This is great, it's just going to be a small free Ipad app. Gwent is fun as fuck but way too easy, a multiplayer moble game would be perfect.
>>
>>340875931
I cant wait to play fucking gwent. I hope they make mobile version.
>>
>>340875931
You might have a point if people hadn't literally begged CDPR to do this. People WANTED this shit, they're simply meeting demand.
>>
I'd play it. Got the physical decks and made a custom board for the game too.
>>
>>340876846
its not very deep, you stack your deck with high numbers and spies and the AI has no chance.

i imagine this standalone will have more effort put into it.
>>
>>340875931
More like CDPR has enough money to do whatever they fuck they want for next 10 years and not give shit about anyhting
>>
>>340875931
No one starts a company to not make money you fucking idiot. it's 100% the reason behind every company.
>>
>>340876846
It would be, kinda, if there was a limit to how many hero and spy cards you can put in your deck.

Remember those first Gwent matches against the innkeepers when all you have are regular unit cards? That's when it gets interesting.
>>
>>340875931
Gwent is the worst card minigame though.
>>
>>340875931
Huh? Lots of people asked for this.

I asked for this.

Plus since it's CDPR and it's probably going to be published on GOG too I would imagine it's going to have a good buisness model. Personally i'm hoping 0 microstransactions, and I don't think that's unreasonable.
>>
>>340882846
I think its fine just as long as they tweak the rules and some mechanics because what is currently available at TW3 is fun but it boils down to stacking spies and big numbered cards and call it a day
>>
I'm pretty hyped. I loved Gwent. I just hope it's not a app game and it's physical
Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.