[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>visit the official Final Fantasy XIV board >thread about
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 74
File: Lousioix_Death.jpg (118 KB, 1600x900) Image search: [Google]
Lousioix_Death.jpg
118 KB, 1600x900
>visit the official Final Fantasy XIV board
>thread about problems in new patch

>NIdhogg Nidhogg Nidhogg. Some of the community wants "challenging content" which is available in extreme. What about normal. All i want to do is clear it once to finish the msq. But after too many damm attempts yesterday and today i've realize i have to wait for everyone else to formulate stratagies gear etc. What is wrong with clearing normal in one day if you want challenging content do extreme or savage to your hearts content. There is no way a 205 ilvl could clear nidhogg the dps check in the first phase eliminates that.
>Does ozuma need to drop meteors?? Why make this t9 all over again. You could at least take one metoro drop away from each group. Barely enough room on that platform. Why does the last boss in weeping practically have an instacast that covers half the room.

These are people that are playing this game with you

>Does ozma need to drop meteors?

jesus

They finally added normal content that is not completely steamrolled and these retards are too stupid to put any effert into using brain.

If they nerf this in next patch I am done.
>>
>Nidhogg EX
>Haven't seen past Fang and Claw because of shit DPS
>>
>>340870218
>shit dps
the check isn't even that bad, chances are your tanks aren't swapping with their tethers
>>
>>340869243
Sleep tight old man.
>>
File: fuuka.png (36 KB, 171x207) Image search: [Google]
fuuka.png
36 KB, 171x207
>story content that you'll literally only have to beat once before you have to wait 3 months for the next
>WAH WAH I CAN'T BEAT IT AFTER TWO DAYS
>>
>>340871356
Found a half decent party.
Pity I have no idea how to handle the AoE clusterfuck that is Dragonfire Dive (as a healer). I'm being targeted by 4 different mechanics at once. It's all I can do to keep myself alive, let alone everyone else.
>>
everyone who is sane knows the OF is hug box central, it's also the only place the devs look for comments on the game i fee
thankfully they stay away from the english part of things, then again you never know what they will do, remember back when they nerfed steps of faith like a 2 weeks after it was out?
yeah......
>>
>>340873565

To be fair steps of faith was fucking broken and nobody wanted to run it more than once.

The main problem wasn't so much difficulty as pace though. It needed a "give up" button because even if you fucked up in the beginning, you had to wait 10 minutes for the dragon to smash the fucking gate before trying again.
>>
>>340869243
>>>Does ozma need to drop meteors?
Do they even know what fucking game Final Fantasy XIV is?
>>
File: maxresdefault[1].jpg (89 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault[1].jpg
89 KB, 1920x1080
How did you like the conclusion to Heavensward's story bros? It was cheesy shounen shit near the end there but I loved it nonetheless. In fact I probably liked it more because of it.
>>
>>340874103
I liked it's ending i am glad the warriors of darkness aren't tied to the ending of the dragonsong war, making them either the big bad for the patches to come or the big bad of 4.x stuff
>>
File: XIV audience.png (63 KB, 1567x250) Image search: [Google]
XIV audience.png
63 KB, 1567x250
The XIV forums are a rare kind of special.
>>
I never understood the problems with Ozma... literally just one person places a meteor to the left and the other to the right,
>>
>>340869243
Most of the sane folks that criticized retarded posts like that got banned. Even if you're cleverly passive aggressive or lash out against SE in any way for their decisions. Not even lying. Just don't, save yourself, seriously. Only "nice things" are allowed to be said on that cesspool and everyone pretends to get along when they all secretly talk so much shit behind one another on Reddit and in FC/LS
>>
File: 1465268847014.png (94 KB, 1251x426) Image search: [Google]
1465268847014.png
94 KB, 1251x426
The WoWfugee meme is real and they're probably the ones complaining the most about hard content while they wait for Legion.
>>
>>340874892
Oh, and, sadly, that's how it's always been since 1.0. If you can believe it, it was actually worse. You can't win with the retarded
>>
>>340874916
Why the fuck do these people play MMOs.
>>
File: dWuCmqY.png (2 MB, 1920x1017) Image search: [Google]
dWuCmqY.png
2 MB, 1920x1017
Most people on the forum seem to be against the nerf, but we know it's going to happen anyway.
>>
>>340875638
Reminder her parents are dead.
>>
>>340875628
People with kids? I don't know. It's annoying when you're in a farm party and some guy goes "brb kid wants some food" They can't help it but an MMO would be the last thing I'd want to play if I had kids. It's way too common in FFXIV where some parent goes into a farm party and think others will wait for him to make his kid lunch.
>>
>still playing mmos in 2016
>>
>Nignog learning party
>PF explicitly states fang & claw XP
>people can't tell wings from tail apart
Every motherfucking time.
>>
>>340876024
>PF advertising practice from the start
>Guy leaves because he treats it like a farm party
Even more annoying when little shits can't take 2 seconds to read the comment.
>>
File: rules of nature.jpg (60 KB, 640x577) Image search: [Google]
rules of nature.jpg
60 KB, 640x577
>>340869243
Started the game a couple of days ago again and I honestly don't understand why Square Enix keeps caving to that deadweight.

The game is piss easy now, instances are nothing. Extreme variants of instances are what used to be the regular difficulty instances. I also leveled from 1 - 60 in 2 days, you just follow the main quest and never have to do a single sidequest or anything. Hell, your ilvl can be synced up if you're lacking.
This game feels incredibly dumbed down compared to the release verison, I just wanted to play a challenging mmorpg again.
>>
>>340876719
>your ilvl can be synced up

That's not how it works
>>
>>340876867
It is how it works, you enter with the free ilvl 180 gear and then switch the set to a lower one with more specific stats. Instead of balanced hybrid stats, you now have the equivallent of an Alex set for absolutely zero work.
>>
>>340876024
>>people can't tell wings from tail apart
That's one issue I haven't experienced yet.
I've yet to clear, and despite two full days of attempts have yet to even see fireballs. People just keep dying over and over to divebombs or from stacking targeted AoEs.

Anyone have any tips for healing Dragonfire Dive, particularly with regards to movement? I've watched the Mr. Happy video but it's almost useless if you're not a DPS.
I know I need to move to one of the top corners but everything after that is a blur of AoEs and people exploding to said AoEs.
>>
>people wiping on Nidhogg normal

There is literally one (ONE) mechanic in the entire fight and it's just a DPS check. The rreet is just dodging AoEs. Oh and a stack, I guess.
>>
One feature they added that's been a huge success so far is Aquapolis. My FC is out doing stuff together and chatting over voice chat for the first time in months, and I regularly see 2-3 parties out doing the same thing when we're out map hunting. It probably won't last forever but for now at least it's a really fun little distraction.

Haven't made it past the 4th floor yet though.
>>
>>340877175
The hell are you taking about? What content does this? None that I've played before that's for sure.
>>
>>340875628
>Why the fuck do these people play MMOs.
Dress their catgirls in skimpy clothes.
>>
>>340869243
>There is no way a 205 ilvl could clear nidhogg the dps check in the first phase eliminates that
i did this just today literally git gud
>>
>>340877178
My experience is that a blue guy almost ALWAYS unnecessarily goes to soak divebomb.

Oh and shit DPS so magic dragon tank dies before I get to save his ass.
>>
Cleared everything first day. Now if only I could roll something other than a 1 on a damn horde weapon.
>>
File: ffxiv_11062016_044641.png (1 MB, 1366x768) Image search: [Google]
ffxiv_11062016_044641.png
1 MB, 1366x768
>>340878516
i love aquapolis
i've run it at least 35 times already, won 4 times
>>
>>340876024
I'm so glad I dropped FFXIV to return to XI, it's much better when your battles doesn't depend on 7 other people not fucking 1HKO mechanics.
>>
>>340878516
Got 5 people together to do some maps yesterday. Did 12 maps with 10 Aquas. 5 full clears -- over 1.5M in raw gil each.

The content isn't exactly difficult, but it's somehow more fun than raid progression. Like a slot machine with friends.
>>
File: mog.png (29 KB, 243x104) Image search: [Google]
mog.png
29 KB, 243x104
Moogle = best beast tribe
Pity the glass fiber market crashed so quickly.
>>
>Aquapolis
>floor 7
>double treasure goblin

https://youtu.be/whFBCIzwxp8?t=1m44s
>>
>cancerous tryhards from /vg/ thread
>all are wow quitters
>they couldnt make it in wow and now pretend to be elite, playing niche as fuck game
>after all their shit talking none of them could complete basic extreme fights or end game raiding for months , while the legit hardcore raiders beat it in a day
>>
>>340880043
Aquapolis is a great way to make money? Hrm a shame my fc is a circlejerk.
>>
>Cait Sith: Be wary of Ozma, in the past it has devoured entire civilisations!
>You get swallowed as part of the fight; meanwhile the architecture inside Ozma looks decidedly Nymian
Deepest Lore
Also I got a laugh out of the name of his arena: The Gloriole
>>
>>340879292
What is it with potatoes and that ridiculous hat?
>>
>dps checks are an essential part of the game
>no in-game dps meter to help players gauge their performance
>this is literally done so bad players don't get their feelings hurt
>unofficial dps meters are technically against the rules but you only get banned for using them if you use that data to call out another player and hurt their feelings

Why the fuck is this allowed? Shitters knowing they're shitters doesn't seem to send them into suicidal depression, just look at how many bad players in WoW use damage meters.

The whole system makes no fucking sense, a new 60 in FFXIV could potentially be a great player but he doesn't even know he sucks because no one can tell him. They add a fucking mentor system and then limit it so that only people who don't need the help (sprouts) can use it, even though max level is when people really need guidance.
>>
>>340882458
Because two nukes weren't enough.
>>
>>340882458
They couldn't add a parser even if they wanted to; implementing TP bars alone forced them to cannabalise memory previously allocated to displaying the current active party buffs, because of the PS3s laughable RAM. Until they drop the PS3 they can't improve the interface in any way, much less the gameplay design.
>>
>>340879292
I was surprised by this place.

Ton of lore so you can bypass doing expert for it
Great rewards, including dungeons minions you no longer have to farm for
The drama when doors fuck with you
The high stakes of getting the right or wrong answer when you're at the last few doors

I though it was going to be throwaway content like Diadem and Verminion
>>
>>340881647

It'll probably get more expensive again when less people rush to do the mog quests.
>>
>>340875806
Good. Maybe she'll get sold as a sex slave like all cat bitches deserve.
>>
>>340883381

Well it's just an extension of the treasure maps really.
>>
>>340883615
I hope so.
I'll probably keep doing them even after I achieve max rank just to level my craters. Not that I craft a whole lot but being able to repair my own gear is extremely nice and I don't want to give that up come the inevitable level cap raise.
>>
>>340883213
>They couldn't add a parser even if they wanted to; implementing TP bars alone forced them to cannabalise memory previously allocated to displaying the current active party buffs, because of the PS4s laughable RAM. Until they drop the PS4 they can't improve the interface in any way, much less the gameplay design.

Futureproofed your post since once PS3 is dropped, it will be "PS4 limitations holding the game back"
>>
>>340874103
The sidequest chain you take after the MSQ is done made for a better conclusion overall

Especially with the final place you need to visit to claim a new emote.
>>
>>340885202
>That campfire re-enactment
>That bouquet
>That ending

It sucks that so many players wont see it because it's not advertised at all
>>
File: sadpikachu.jpg (10 KB, 333x331) Image search: [Google]
sadpikachu.jpg
10 KB, 333x331
>>340885202
>There's only one way this trip down memory lane can end
>The final location has no quest marker
>>
>>340886514
It never gets easier, does it?
>>
Since the general is a cancer that needs to be cut out, I guess I'll ask here. Been grinding fishing, got to 36, got snagging. Read up on it, it makes previously un catch able items catch able (got a map in a bottle in Coerthas last night). Is there a reason to ever not have it on?
>>
>>340887181
When you're farming collectables with Patience on and do NOT want to fuck it up by fishing a map instead of your desired fish.
>>
>join just before Heavensward
>too late to do the extreme primals and don't just want to shitstomp them with an overgeared group
>decide I'll try to solo them instead since that sounds more fun
>beat Garuda and realize that somewhere between beating her and unlocking the fight, I'd abandoned the quest
>have to do it again
>pony drops
Neat. Anyone know if Titan extreme is soloable with summoner or do I have to gear up my scholar for this?
>>
>>340888182

Ah, gotcha. Thank you kindly.
>>
>>340888370
Titan needs like 15k or 20k hp to survive the gaol, someone already soloed it on war, but not certain if a scholar could.
>>
>>340888370
Wouldn't Titan just Gaol you into an insta-wipe?
>>
>>340888919
I know it's been done with Scholar.
>>340888941
With 25% echo I'm at about 17k health. I could probably survive it with a few fending accessories.
>>
>>340888941

Not in extreme.
>>
>>340874609
in the lizards defense i dont like people who just spam page after page when you can just say what you need in a few sentences
>>
>>340874916
has anyone ever told these people to go play xenoblade if they want a offline mmo jesus christ
>>
>>340890085
But xenoblade is censored and on a console nobody own.
>>
>>340874916
>i hate playing with other people
thats like saying you hate building shit in minecraft or driving cars in a racing game
>>
>>340882189
>see area name
>start laughing
>not paying attention so i fall of platform and laugh more

i really wish ozma would have been the last fight
>>
File: cover_large.jpg (161 KB, 600x748) Image search: [Google]
cover_large.jpg
161 KB, 600x748
>>340890349
>not playing Minecraft for the story
Typical dudebro shitter.
>>
What does the raiding in this have over WoW? Serious question, the 4 bosses per tier thing is really off putting
>>
>>340890258
they could play the first one
>>
Once you make the high tiers of an MMO easy, it's over. When everyone can get in first place, there's no feeling of accomplishment. Look at WoW, with LFR turning it into little more than a facebook game.

If you can't beat it, then git gud. Hell, in an MMO, you don't even need to git gud, you can just grind out better gear and git decent, average, even. While WoW's 1% seeing Naxramus was a bit much, you want to keep the final bosses feeling like they're an ass and a half to make clearing them that much more satisfying.
>>
>>340873565
steps of faith was shit to be fair. Nidhogg is actually nice.
>>
>>340869243
This is why I quit the game.

Content got nerfed too quickly for me to give a fuck. Hard to keep a static going when there's always one or two slackers, and pugging stuff is just impossible.
>>
Did 3.3 save crafting?
>>
File: its raining.jpg (40 KB, 350x197) Image search: [Google]
its raining.jpg
40 KB, 350x197
>>340874103
>>340885202
>>340886514
>>340886961

>You now realize what the title "Heavensward" meant
>>
>>340875638
LOLI CATGIRL CHARACTER CREATOR WHEN
>>
>>340883673
I'd make her my sex slave
>>
>>340895624
We need more lolis from the other races first. i want to see an Au Ra loli.
>>
>>340894328
At least he's getting a Ghost Blowjob from Ysayle now
>>
>>340888370
Respec into VIT and see if you can survive the gaols with that.
>>
>>340895953
>Giraffe loli
>Same size as a Hyur

>Potato Loli
>The size of a shoe

>Roe loli
>Could still have a C@T as a pet
>>
>>340896334
We've had Girrafe lolis since 1.0. They're as tall as hiur lolis.
>>
>>340875638
They should make loli cat a prominent character. Have one of the Scions realize she has natural potential as an arcanist and take her on as an apprentice or something.

Or just let us be loli cats.
>>
>>340896569
>Or just let us be loli cats.

fuck that and fuck you there are enough people with brain problems playing this as it is
>>
>>340869243
SE has been pretty bad about making newly introduced content balanced for all applicable classes and combinations et cetera.

I remember when Garuda EX first came out and Melee DPS was basically not an option with how the fight was and the top gear available at the time.

Of course as higher gear becomes available the classes/archetypes that were overlooked in the encounter design slowly become acceptable, but it's still pretty shit.
>>
>>340876719

There's just as much hard content now as there always was though.

I hate the constant nerfing of old content too, but don't be retarded. You'll get your ass kicked once you actually start doing endgame content.
>>
>>340869243

I got permabanned from the forums for saying I agreed with someone who complained about nerfs. That's all I did. And I'd never been banned or warned before.

The reasoning was that "my posting had a negative impact on the game or the community".

The forums are literally a police state of brainwashed yes-men.
>>
>>340902597
i dont bother with forums for any mmo unless it has to deal with bugs.

and honestly im not the best at mmo's but im still willing to try
>>
File: y'shtolagettingcommendations.gif (193 KB, 197x157) Image search: [Google]
y'shtolagettingcommendations.gif
193 KB, 197x157
>>340876719
Even older dungeons can still be challenging if you play them with bad gear and 4 people who are genuinely new to the game.

You and the whole community became better. Titan (hard) was such a huge stumbling stone in early ARR and is now done in under 5 minutes with random people in DF.
>>
File: 1309878229835.jpg (22 KB, 287x339) Image search: [Google]
1309878229835.jpg
22 KB, 287x339
>>340901215
The problem is that there's only ever a constant amount of difficult content, with old hard content being nerfed and just replaced with new ones, instead of being built upon so that there's a large amount of content that's both difficult and rewarding.

It's really not too much to ask for the stuff added a year or so ago to be complimentary to the things added recently, but that's just not the case and probably never will be, because this game has 0 future proofing as is blatantly obvious in nearly every step of development.

>SCH branching from Arcanist makes it obviously OP, and always default 2nd slot healer as a result
>SMN will never get new summons because they have no idea how to balance it
>WAR will never not be the default OT and king of speed runs
>PS3 limiting basically everything always
>Almost everything in the game gets outdated by the next patch, making anything you worked towards functionally worthless
>Game is 100% geared towards DPS checks but there's no damage meter because it would hurt the feelings of people that can't meet the DPS checks the game relies on for almost everything because ????????

It was 1 thing to not have a damage meter in shit like FFXI, where you're more focused on just surviving encounters first and foremost, but for FFXIV it makes no sense because if you aren't meeting a DPS threshold then you're basically worthless.
>>
>>340904238
>>SMN will never get new summons because they have no idea how to balance it

Give all summons contagion, having it on only Garuda was by far the dumbest thing I've seen
>>
File: ffxiv_06112016_202853.png (2 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
ffxiv_06112016_202853.png
2 MB, 1920x1080
>doing dungeons and weeping city first few days
>all those people fucking up mechanics and then blaming the healers for there fuckups
>that tank who insisted you can just skip the orbs in ozma (spoiler alert, they fucking explode and wipe the raid, and in last phase orbs will crash into people with meteors if there not taken)

Im sick of fucking retards without a piece of Midan gear fucking up mechanics and bitching about there healers, I mean its one thing to be awful, but so many people are just jackasses on top of that and if you call them out on it they just end up bitching some more or trying to kick you
>>
>>340905467
To be honest, healer quality is complete shit in this game. Every DF content in 3.3 can be solo healed easily but most healers can not cope with the fact that they have to actually heal now. And not just throw a Medica at random but actually make sure people are above 10k HP at certain points.
>>
Nidhogg will definitely get nerfed, it's just a question of when. It sucks because the fight isn't even hard, it just has aoes that are actually lethal, but all you have to do is dodge them.

FC member asked for help clearing it. Guy lives in fucking Singapore and plays on US servers. He's never clearing that shit because he gets hit by every. single. aoe. He's a healer too.
>>
File: Deathflare Icon.jpg (2 KB, 40x40) Image search: [Google]
Deathflare Icon.jpg
2 KB, 40x40
>>340904238
>SMN will never get new summons because they have no idea how to balance it

I'm perfectly OK with that.
>>
Nidhogg is bullshit though.
>>
>>340873858
Do they even know what FFIX is? Meteors was kind of Ozma's thing.
>>
>>340907250
I am playing rom Japan on an NA server and I have yet to be hit by any of the AoE. Sometimes Ex gets a little close but normal is fucking easy.

I honestly don't see what is so hard about it.
>>
>>340882189
Why do you find that name funny? Because it sounds like "glory hole"? It literally means "halo".

Good job on being a stupid idiot.
>>
When do I replace my Ironworks gear in Heavensward? Even the higher ilvl stuff on the marketboard isn't as good unless I go for HQ versions
>>
>>340879481
XI has a great game world, but what good is content if its so easy that mistakes can constantly be made by others?
>>
>>340903886

Not anymore, all story dungeons and bosses have gotten nerfed since HW came out.
>>
>>340908223
FF9 is a shitty game. I'm not surprised so many people forgot about that.
>>
>>340909923
If a dungeon was called Dikkweezil and was Latin for something like Dreaded Cavern it doesnt negate the fact that the pronunciation is silly.
>>
File: tarutaru_mage.jpg (191 KB, 1024x549) Image search: [Google]
tarutaru_mage.jpg
191 KB, 1024x549
>>340869243
>These are people that are playing this game with you
>implying I'd ever play WoW with shaven Teletubbies
>tfw we'll never get HD Tarus

SE made an amazing MMO. And then they made a WoW clone.
>>
>>340911763
Taru are even more disgusting than lalas.
>>
>>340910149

Roughly level 55 or so when you get dungeon drops above ilvl 130
>>
>>340910149
As a general rule, crafted/vendor gear stats are actually about 5ilvls below its stated ilvl unless they are HQ'd.

e.g. i125 NQ crafted gear = i120 dungeon/tome gear.
>>
>>340911934
Enjoy your tiny-mouthed potato mannequins.
>>
File: 1455905446540.jpg (78 KB, 534x401) Image search: [Google]
1455905446540.jpg
78 KB, 534x401
>forget to turn on collectible synthesis
>only notice after six completed crafts
>>
>>340869243
It's an MMO, did you not predict and expect degenerates? This is why I'm glad a play an old dead game on a private server, so I don't have to deal with so many pubs.
>>
>>340913412
Enjoy your tumblr-nose cabbage patch kids crossed with garden gnome abortions.
>>
>>340913875
They're supposed to be the chibi sprites from classic FF you underaged faglord.
>>
>>340913875
>crossed with
Funny, 'cause all the XIV races are just XI races mixed with humans to appeal to all the casuals.

Except the not-dragonborn things. Those are humans with a couple scales on them! Exotic. What a fantasy world. You know you've done something right when all of your races look like bad cosplayers.
>>
>>340911763
I don't understand why they thought turning Tarus into gay children or making the Mithra into generic anime catgirls were good ideas.

XIV's art direction is just dogshit.
>>
>>340911763

they made an Everquest clone. then a few years later they made a WoW clone
>>
>>340911763
>Midgets with a tumblr-nose

wew lad
>>
Lala proportions are seriously disgusting.

They're like 2 cones stacked on each other, and gear looks retarded on them as a result.

You'd think that lazy hack YoshiP would have made them look better since he changed everything else to make gear fit all races easier, which spoilers is why all the races have no ass, and tails just clip out of gear instead of having holes.
>>
File: 14623542342.jpg (126 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
14623542342.jpg
126 KB, 1920x1080
>>340907250

Cleared it with a second DF group

The first completely ignored mechanics or dodged really late. Thank god for vote abandon.
>>
>>340875872

None of these people breed. It's just that "brb kid/spouse needs whatever" sounds better than "brb getting chewed out by my parents/mom says dinner is ready".
>>
>>340918042

I know which of these two I want to fuck
>>
>>340903886
Titty HM is done in under five minutes with randos because the iL of gear that can be used in it is about 3x what the average iL was when it was new.

Plenty of people still get killed or knocked of, it just matters far less, and has far less time to occur in.
>>
>>340915568
Don't kid yourself. Mithra were already generic anime catgirls.
>>
>>340913412
Taru look way more like potatos than Lalas ever have.
>>
>>340904238
Content gets obsolete because they're firmly married to the gear treadmill.

They're also firmly married to the idea that diversity in gear stats (Like in FFXI) would be a bad thing, because it would "force" people to have specific gear to do specific content.
>>
>>340910332
You can still wipe on XI, you know, just you wipe because you fail established rules and moves the developer invented on the fly.

It's like any offline FF.
>>
File: XKe2ZMO.jpg (61 KB, 420x421) Image search: [Google]
XKe2ZMO.jpg
61 KB, 420x421
>>340918736
They were significantly more bestial, while Miqote are literally just "girls with ears and tails"
>>
File: benis fug.png (13 KB, 683x601) Image search: [Google]
benis fug.png
13 KB, 683x601
>>340873172
>be sch
>max buffed adlo+deployment

What mechanics, anon?
>>
>>340918042
Tarus are so fucking ugly. They look like the retarded offspring of Vern Troyer and an old chinese whore.
>>
The least furry the better.
>>
>>340919293
>anime catgirls never look slightly more bestial
ok
>>
>>340919293
You can still make a pretty decent 'wild' Miqo. And you'd be pretty much like how the lore envisions the majority of them. Can't be helped that most player make them ultra kawaii with pink, flowing hair and shit like that.
>>
>>340918929
But the thing is that if raids were more focused on individual skill than team jumprope then they would be far too easy because lets be honest here, the only thing difficult about modern MMOs is getting together 8/10/24 other people who don't have mental disabilities. Mechanics are not hard for normal people in any of these.
>>
>>340875806
Wait what? When did this happen?
>>
>>340919850
The problem is adding options that allow people to make anime waifus instead of the actual game race, because that's literally all anyone does.

Having creation options is fine, but not ones that break the art style or intended look of the individual races.
>>
>>340903886

man is there an actual source for this? Google isn't giving me shit
>>
File: 14623527432 (1).jpg (33 KB, 677x652) Image search: [Google]
14623527432 (1).jpg
33 KB, 677x652
>>340918768

You tell him, broski
>>
File: ffxiconcepts.jpg (511 KB, 600x708) Image search: [Google]
ffxiconcepts.jpg
511 KB, 600x708
>>340919353
>tfw tarus could have been a really cool looking race instead of hairless koalas
>>
>>340918042
Some of the Miqo'te gear has tail holes.
>>
>>340920508
Lala's heads are too small.

Why the fuck do they have giant hips for their jellybean bodies, instead of big heads?
>>
>>340920606
Only the 1.0 gear.
>>
>>340920585
Everything else looks worse, but dat Taru design would have been 10/10
>>
>>340920792

Because THICC

It's just to give them a cute pear-shaped appearance.
Big heads make the character look ridiculous.
>>
>>340920317
They wouldnt have let it be an option if it werent the intended look you sperg. Miqote are not Mithra.
>>
>>340919293
mithra are better in every way, always have been
>>
>>340918736
They were, but they also had a culture that played into their nation as a whole.

Which is the real weak point of XIV, even in 1.0.
The nation states don't have a personality. They have a characature. Ul'dah is vaugely arabic, Gridania is hippies. And Limsa is Pirates.

Bastok was a nation undergoing an industrial revolution, populated mainly by the humes, the Galka were treated as something of second class citizens. Which was a big part of that national storyline.

San d'Oria is a proud kingdom, but one that is at it's breaking point as it's traditions are starting to become its undoing.

Windurst is the city of magic. Somewhat in tune with nature, but also quite keep with artifice.
Unlike the racial strife of Bastok, or the nearly entirely Elvaan Sand'Oria, the Mithra and Taru seemed to have a strong working relationship... if something of an antagonistic sibling one.

But, that's the problem. The National story lines in XI had a rather long stretch of levels and quests to flesh their story out.

In XIV, they all combine at level ten, when they unlock your ability to use the airships.
>>
>>340920892
Plenty of newer gear has places for tails too. Of course, given the number of characters with tails, it should be 100% (and it should also take account of the fact that some tails are in slightly different positions). They lean way too heavily on robes and buttcapes for a game where half the player base has tails to contend with.
>>
>>340921552
Hence why Miqote are worse and have no consistency in their designs.
>>
Should I resub? If so, what is a good server to play on?
>>
>>340921585
>tfw Galkas were ruined

Fuckin hell
>>
>>340918042
Someone found that every race's lower body was just the Male-human one.
>>
>>340921425
But then they just look like 6 year olds with tiny heads instead of just being small and cute.

At least with the Taru designs they bridged a gap between looking cute and being cool, but with Lalas they just went full cute, and it looks fucking weird.

I mean, I have a lala because I found a way to make them look good, but 99% of the ones I see running around look like huge weirdos.
>>
>>340921782
The beautiful part is that they'd just need an extra flap of model hooked to the top of the tail.

Like literally 2 extra polygons.

But they're too lazy to do what they did in XI.
>>
>>340920234
When she's sitting on the bench with the carbuncle you can see her say "Mama and Papa still haven't come home..."
>>
>>340896569
>Or just let us be loli cats.

Yoshi said that will never ever ever ever ever ever ever happen.

And if he says something will happen and it never fucking happens, if he says something won't happen you can bet your ass it won't EVER happen
>>
>>340921728
>San d'Oria is a proud kingdom, but one that is at it's breaking point as it's traditions are starting to become its undoing.

Gridania with a hippy vide instead of a knightly one.

>Bastok was a nation undergoing an industrial revolution, populated mainly by the humes, the Galka were treated as something of second class citizens. Which was a big part of that national storyline.

Ul'Dah, but instead of an industrial revolution you have one of wealth and traditional royalty vs. merchants. Also refugees of a lost state are treated as second class citizens. Third class actually, seeing that the local Potatos are treating the other Ul'Dah citizens like shit.

Limsa is a bunch of pirates, trying to reform and become an actual nation, building upon the honor and code of pirates.

But the story is fleshed out for XIV. it is just that aside of the MSQ people rarely read the quests.

XI had a great story, but please remember than it had 10+ years to build it up. XIV is a new player in that regard.
>>
>>340922048
Taru are neither cute nor cool and seriously question how much of a deluded nostalgiafag someone would have to be to genuinely believe that.

They are some kind of unholy combination of bowl-cut toddlers with downs-syndrome and ventriloquist dummies
>>
>>340922320
I'd prefer if they made all robes divided or stopped trying to make everyone wear dresses all the time, but that would work too. Or, you know, just give tail races a button that lets them hide it. Say they wrap it around their waist or something. The technology obviously exists if there are already a couple outfits in the game that hide tails.
>>
>>340878078
>people wiping on Nidhogg normal

I fuck up in the final phase when he does the plumes.

And then immediately after that dives taking up half the arena, which the half I'm in is obviously the part I ran to. And then I panic and get hit by everything in an attempt to avoid the dive.
>>
>>340922320
Wow anon, do you expect them to reskin and recolor old armor sets to masquerade as "new" gear AND add tail slots????

Come on man, you're asking for too much here.
>>
>>340922770
XIV came out in 2010.

Is it currently 2016.
>>
>>340922879
Please look forward to it.
>>
>>340920585
sauce? more? Is it on the official website?
>>
All the retarded WoW refugees destroyed this game.
>>
>>340920585
Why the fuck did they keep the Elvaan proportions and changed all the other races for the better?
>>
XIV races aren't the same as XI, get over it already.
>>
>>340924175
>XIV races are literally XI races but worse
>"Y-you just don't like change!"
>>
>>340924175
XI-faggots will never ever get over it. They will bitch and moan about every little thing in XIV.

In that regard they are worse than vanilla WoW faggots or 1.0 hipster.
>>
>>340924175
Theyre worse so we can complain.
>>
>>340924175
>even acknowledging xicancer exists
pls
>>
>>340924365
>worse
If you're a furry perhaps.
>>
>>340924392
People complain about shitty design choices and art styles because they're shitty.

If you want people to stop complaining then SE should have tried hanging onto the artistic talent that they bled out in the early 2010s. Now we're stuck with Nomura-tier designers.
>>
>>340869243
I loved that Nidhogg was challenging. Jesus I hate these pussies
>>
File: tarus.png (232 KB, 550x303) Image search: [Google]
tarus.png
232 KB, 550x303
>>340923689
I think it's from an art book. Too bad this design was scrapped early in development and likely repurposed into the Mandragora enemy. Knowing Japanese designers they thought they looked more like monsters than playable characters because they actually look distinct.
>>
How long until the literal babbies force SE to nerf Mhach?

I think that'll be the final straw that makes me unsub if they do.
>>
>>340924830
>SE SHOULD CATER TO ME ME MEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Literal children
>>
>>340925146
Yeah that's how you get people to pay for things they don't need.
>>
File: 1464711277397.png (382 KB, 595x595) Image search: [Google]
1464711277397.png
382 KB, 595x595
>>340924392

They're salty because it doesn't quench their unrelenting autism. They'd rather need a full alliance that takes 2-4 hours to assemble and then spend the next 2-4 hours to complete a job quest, then go LFG or wait for their static for another hour just to earn a few thousand xp that takes another 2-4 hours only to die and have to spend another couple hours to level their character back up.
>>
>>340925143
Why would they nerf Mhach? There isn't anything hard about it and in 3 weeks everyone will know what to do.

If anything it keeps the fight somewhat interesting if one alliance fucks up and you have to play harder to get shit done.
>>
>>340925116
no wonder mandragoras are so cute
>>
>>340925143
everything will be nerfed next patch, just like always
if you expect anything in the MSQ to remain even a remote challenge for more than a month you'll be sorely disappointed for the rest of the game's lifespan
>>
>>340925582
because casuals dont want to learn they want to go in,not pay attention to anything and still expect to get a reward
>>
File: lolniggers.jpg (14 KB, 290x464) Image search: [Google]
lolniggers.jpg
14 KB, 290x464
>>340925116

Ever wonder why the black mandies aggro, but the white ones don't?

kek
>>
>>340925143
IMO they should only ad one thing.
Make the Acceleration Bomb during Ozma do slightly less damage but inflict paralysis if you move at the end. People never notice the fucking debuff because the healers pamper their asses and they don't see that it does a shitload of damage.
>>
>>340926037
Bomb should instant kill your sorry ass if you move with it at all. SE has to teach player at some point that they need to watch their debuff bar.
>>
>>340926037
When does acceleration apply? That's the one thing I could never see.
>>
>>340925582
The only thing I think might benefit from a little change is Ozma's bomb debuff, which can be somewhat easy to miss with all the other flashy shit going on at the same time. In JP groups, that seems to be the main killer of party members who know the mechanics. They could make it more visible if they cared about that kind of thing.
>>
>>340926002
Udda way roun bruh
>>
>>340926420
During the pyramid phase.
>>
>>340878516
>got to floor 6
>cock blocked
>can't get past floor 4 ever again

I fucking hate my luck.
>>
Hopefully once Legion plops down like a rancid turd all the shitter WoW drones fuck off.
>>
>>340874103
I didn't agree with [Spoiler]Estinien surviving at the end: he should have died or have sacrificed himself.[/Spoiler]
Good stuff for the rest: i wanna see what will be the focus of the next patch (or in case if they will shift immediately on the next expansion).
>>
Ozma is going to get nerfed to the ground
>>
File: 1354646044644.png (271 KB, 500x490) Image search: [Google]
1354646044644.png
271 KB, 500x490
>>340925574
Is it too much to ask for a happy medium between XI's endless grind that focuses entirely on socializing, and XIV's ability to blow through the entire game in a month and a half without ever having to really speak to another human being ever?

Honestly I'd rather be playing XI's system where you can basically hang out and chat with people in parties while grinding stuff, as opposed to running the same scripted dungeon or instance for the 50000 time with a bunch of deaf mutes since everyone is busy fighting their hotbars.

I just want to take it easy again.
>>
File: XIV_Estinien_Possessed.png (908 KB, 1265x723) Image search: [Google]
XIV_Estinien_Possessed.png
908 KB, 1265x723
>>340927140
>Estinien surviving at the end: he should have died or have sacrificed himself.
>>
>>340927236
Well at least Forgall is still somewhat challenging
>>
File: ffxiv_06112016_090200.jpg (1 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
ffxiv_06112016_090200.jpg
1 MB, 1920x1080
>>340885202
This gave me so many feels, brought me to the verge of tears too. In fact, the last few patches have brought out feels like that, but this one went even further with it.

That's why I love this game. I definitely expect to cry during the anniversary event. I cried last year. You can tell the developers behind this game have a passion for what they're making. If they didn't, they couldn't make things that are so emotionally powerful, things that have so much heart to them.
>>
>>340878516
Its FUN but im worried its gonna get nerfed into the group soon since it prints money and rare pets.
>>
>>340927714
>Watching the cutscenes

Why bother sitting through the dogshit story when you can just mash esc and actually play the game
>>
>>340927110
if you don't want shitters, learn JP and play with the nips
>>
>can basically hang out and chat with people in parties while grinding stuff

What are FATE parties during leveling? What are hunts? What are treasure dungeons? What is Savage raiding on farm?

It is more that the playerbase changed. If you released XI now people would be a lot less talkactive.
>>
>>340927864
You're not going to bait me

>dogshit story

Back to WoW
>>
>>340881647
I really hope the quest rewards start giving craft/gather materia or at least that we can get a good piece of crafter gear out of bloodsworn.

It's fun and all, and the dance will be nice, but I feel like earning their rep is the least rewarding rep I've done so far.
>>
>>340927140
I just found it idiotic that you listened to Aymeric in throwing those eyes off the bridge.

Which of course at the end shows the Roegadyn Warrior of Darkness who is surely going to retrieve them. You fucking dumbasses
>>
>>340927787
I have no idea why it shells out so much Gil. They need les Gil to get into the economy otherwise there will be a retarded inflation sooner or later.
>>
>>340928225
Ixali give crafter and gatherer materia.
>>
>>340927473
Hey, i fucking love dragoons, they're one of my favourite classes (as well as my main in FFXIV), but he crossed the line too many times due to edginess and got posessed like a complete idiot.
>>
File: 1457427481831.png (1 MB, 533x1226) Image search: [Google]
1457427481831.png
1 MB, 533x1226
>>340927787
MAYBE IF YOU'RE THAT LUCKY FAGGOT THAT GETS ROOM 7 EVERY SINGLE TIME WHILE I GET COCKBLOCKED FROM EVER EVEN GETTING IN, WITH MAYBE 1 OR 2 RUNS INTO ROOM 5, AT BEST

OH WHAT'S THAT? YOU LITERAL NIGGERS WANT EVERYONE THAT GETS A MATERIA 5 DROP TO HAND IT OVER TO THE MAP OWNER? WOW I WONDER WHO MADE THOSE LOOT RULES YOU FUCKING CUNTS

OH SURE IGNORE MY SUGGESTION TO FREE LOT ROOM 7 DROPS SO THAT EVERYONE GETS A CHANCE AT SHIT WHILE THE MAP OWNER CLEANS UP IN ROOMS 1-6

WOW CONGRATS YOU MADE 8 MIL IN A DAY BECAUSE YOU CONSTANTLY GET ROOM 7 AND HAVE GATHERING/CRAFTING MATERIA V DROP ALL THE FUCKING TIME THAT WE HAVE TO HAND OVER

OH WOW REMEMBER WHEN I LET YOU KEEP ALL MATERIA V DROPS ON THE FIRST RUNS WE DID BECAUSE IT SEEMED FAIR? WELL FUCK THAT, DON'T BOTHER EVER RETURNING THE FAVOR SO YOU CAN HORDE MORE MONOPOLY MONEY

KILL YOURSELVES, ALL OF YOU
>>
>>340928374

my server already has retarded inflation. worst part is its a low to medium pop one. EVERYONE has millions of gil sitting around
>>
Only people who should have survived ARR:

>Y'Shtola
>Alphinaude
>WoL
>Raubahn

Fuck Minfilia, Nanamo, Yda and Papalymo.
>>
>>340928374
They need less gil to be concentrated in the hands of a few people. The aquapolis looks more like leveling to me. Inflation is much easier to deal with than high wealth variation.
What they really need to be focusing on is making crafting less of an exclusive club, of course.
>>
>>340928374
Yes and no.

Gil is pretty much useless. If you have the hand/land leveled up, it's just a time saver, and at that not much of one since everything but timed mats is dirt cheap, but also exceedingly easy to get in massive amounts.

Similarly, everything but bleeding edge raid gear and brand-spanking new, rare material cosmetics are cheap too.

Hell, housing was set at the prices it was to try to drain out gil... because Yoshi's an idiot.
>>
>>340928784

my loot rules for my party has always been:

Map and floors 1 and 2, rollable items go to map owner. After floor 3, everything is FFA. roll greed on gender specific gear
>>
>>340928784
>all this asshurt whining when all he has to do is get his own maps

Wow
>>
>>340928112
Nobody talks in hunt or FATE parties, and now people just speed through maps.

>Keeping a static together for more than 2 months to get anything on farm

Good joke.
>>
>>340928952
Crafting is just expensive to get into.

It's really goddamn simple once you know how it works and have all the skills to make it easier.

Although a lot of the key ones are lvl50 skills. But, like I said, expensive to get into.
>>
>>340928784
The gil isnt split between members. The trick is to have 8 people that pool their gil so that you can keep buying maps or cycling one daily each.
>>
>>340928919
I'm glad you're not in charge, and Minfilia did die.
>>
>>340929253
>implying she'll stay that way
>>
>>340882007
Honestly this whole patch is a great way to make money.

I've made like 8 mil casually since patch day.

New housing/flower pots make soil and specific seeds expensive as fuck to sell.

New atherial reduction materials aren't even hidden and reduce to sand that sells for 80k a pop.

Ixal dailies hand out materia worth over 100k each.

New crafting and gathering gear has made certain old mats expensive as fuck too.

I'm sure it'll all die down but by then I'll have made bank.
>>
>>340928420
I know that you dumb cunt, what I'm saying is there needs to be an actual reward for doing these quests.
>>
>>340929231
Exactly. It's expensive, but the actual mechanics are perfectly fine. The scrip system was probably a mistake too, but that's a separate issue. I know a lot of people who just stopped bothering when that came in for crafters/gatherers.
>>
>>340929484

a dance, a mount, two pets, and a shit ton of gil. its the most rewarding beast tribe yet
>>
>>340928987
Things get critical the second Battle content and crafting collide. The relic parts are completely overpriced for many for example and in the end just made a handful of omni-crafter on the server that much richer.
>>
>>340929253
ARR would have been a lot more impactful if at leat the Sultana stayed dead. It felt like such a retarded cop-out.
>>
>>340928351
They could have AT LEAST thrown them onto different sides. For fuck's sake, who didn't see it coming instantly that someone would go grab them?
>>
>>340929938

sorry. lalagirls are immortal
>>
>>340929658
Yeah, scrips contributed to killing the game for me.

It turns at least 3-4 hours a week into pure busy work of running from Red-Gather node to Red-Gather node...

And this new patch is fucking retarded in the number of scrips the notes say they want for gear-upgrades. You get 9 a week. A single piece takes like 50 and some other fiddly bits...

It's fucking retarded, but Hand/Land are practically just in the game for cosmetics really. They do everything in their power to keep crafted gear from being on par with raid/dungeon gear... Don't think that wasn't why the materia changes happened.

And of course, crafted gear was... previously, the primary source of materia. But now grade 4s are handed out like candy, and you can get a combat g5 a week.
>>
>>340929938
>doing side quest after MSQ
>get to sultana part
>lol that faggot lolorito gave me half his money and all of teledji's assets
>"he regretted it"

I bet literally nothing comes out of what must be trillions of gil now in the royal pocket.
>>
>>340929938
Agreed... but Rauhby's such a bro I couldn't help but be happy for him in the scene.
Still a piss-take of a plot twist... but damnit, Rauhby's suffered enough.
>>
>>340930267
Or, you know, they could have squashed them. But nope, we need sequel hooking, so off they go!
>>
>>340929938
It wouldn't have worked since she's involved in plot outside of the main scenario quest.
>>
>>340869243
Let's be fair here; There are far more people in that thread telling the shitters to go fuck themselves, and saying nothing should be nerfed.
>>
>>340929484
>try to give advice
>get called a "dumb cunt"

Fuck you, you miserable ungrateful piece of shit.
>>
>>340930589
Probably some bullshit about how such powerful things cannot be simply destroyed. It's bullshit though, we saw Nidhogg's spirit go off into heaven or the aether or whatever. The eyes shouldn't have any power, and their certainly shouldn't have been any hints that Nidhogg might come back.
>>
>Crafting is expensive meme

Yeah maybe if you want to powerlevel it. Otherwise you can easily go from nothing to gillionaire.
>>
>>340930267
And why not keep at least one eye? Put it in safeguarding of hraesvelgr or some bullshit. Is there no way to destroy them? Then are bahamut's eyes out there somewhere? Ratatoskr?
>>
>>340928542
He gets a bit of a pass though, since he was already being manipulated and tainted by Nidhogg's first eye.
>>
>>340930667
The CUL quest? Could just as well have changed it to serving food for Nanamo's funeral service.
>>
>>340929253
So did the potato queen.
>>
>>340931015

nidhogg isn't coming back. the WoD are interested in the eyes because Lahabrea is still trapped in them
>>
>>340931030
Was Bahamut ever even a real being?
>>
>>340931029
Like for example I started with WVR and GSM. I cranked out some low level HQ gear (10-30) and they sold for literally over 1000% of material cost each time. You can buy vendor maps for a few gil and sell things for 5-20k pretty quickly any time you want.
>>
>>340931303
Alph gave a throw away line about Nidhogg's spirit perhaps still lingering.
>>
>>340931362

yes. he was one of Midgardsormr's kids. went down to Mercyadia and had a bunch of kids with Tiamat. somehow Bahamut died. Tiamat then helped the Ascians summon Bahamut back as a primal
>>
>>340930816
>give advice
>bitching about one beast tribe
>stroll up like a retard and start vomitting shit out your mouth about another beast tribe that I don't already know about and why I suggested they drop materia in the first place
>get told to fuck off like the dumb cunt you are
>abloo bloo bloo

This isn't your safe zone you self righteous asscrown. Go back to tumblr.
>>
>>340931362
Yes, but the primal was made after he died.
>>
>>340930667
So what? Give it the same excuse as the 30-50 drg story, anything that can happen in ARR already happened before HW.
>>
>>340931362
Yes, [spoiler\but the one you fight isn't the real Bahamut.[/spoiler]
>>
>>340931029
Certain aspects of it are.

Like end game gear, leveling desynth is kind of a money sucker as well, but also has a huge payoff.
>>
>>340931734
Fug, hit the wrong key on my spoiler tags.
>>
>>340929334
The only people making money are the people that already had money, those with all crafters and gatherers maxed and geared.
>>
>>340931847
Crafting is a goldmine if you mine your own stuff. Otherwise you gotta capitalize on exploiting people with brand new patch stuff.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 74

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.