[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Got myself a PS2 and the controller is dirty as shit, god I hate
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 5
File: Almost new.jpg (1 MB, 3500x2333) Image search: [Google]
Almost new.jpg
1 MB, 3500x2333
Got myself a PS2 and the controller is dirty as shit, god I hate those stupid mushroom sticks.
So I decided it was a good time for a massive cleaning of my controllers.
Share pro-tips for cleaning PS, Gamecube, wiimote and whatever else.
>>
>>340868092
Take controllers apart and wash the plastic/silicone stuff with water and a light soap.

If you want to clean the boards, use q-tips/ cotton swabs and isopropyl alcohol.

Make sure you are using a higher proof isopropyl. you CAN wash circuits in water as long as you dry them before plugging everything back together, but i would stay safe and use alcohol if you dont know how to do it safely.
>>
File: 1364143055699.png (106 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
1364143055699.png
106 KB, 600x600
>>340868092
pocket knife and a bit of household ethanol always help a ton.

>Pocket knife
use it to scrape off the visible dirt and run it gently through the lines on the side of the controller. You'll be surprised how much dirt you'll get out.
>Household ethanol
fucking get a paper towel, but some of this shit on it and get goin. It'll make everything you own feel completely knew again.
>>
File: 1341269145092.jpg (76 KB, 800x480) Image search: [Google]
1341269145092.jpg
76 KB, 800x480
Apply same tactics as when washing your PC components
>>
File: Smash Bongo Master.jpg (121 KB, 937x1221) Image search: [Google]
Smash Bongo Master.jpg
121 KB, 937x1221
>>340868527
Not sure I'll be motivated enough to take them all apart, i'm starting to have quite a few.

>>340868878
Will it be efficient on those Dualshock sticks?

Also, is it ok to put ethanol on the DK bongo? I'm talking about the top of course.
>>
One of those Magic Eraser (melamine foam) pads will take off most of outer grime.

You aren't going to get the sticks fully clean without taking it apart. If Sony used regular screws instead of Torx, it shouldn't be too much of a hassle to open up.
>>
File: crab meme the origin.jpg (24 KB, 430x358) Image search: [Google]
crab meme the origin.jpg
24 KB, 430x358
>>340868092
>ANAL
>>
>>340869224
dont put alcohol/ acetone on plastics
>>
>>340869124
that is completely safe as long as you allow it to dry before plugging it in. you will probably have to reapply the heat sink paste stuff
>>
Been a long time since I cracked a PS3 controller, but I think you'll just need a basic #00 Phillips. Have a bowl to set aside screws, and another for the buttons. Double check everything, don't wanna lose stuff. Use isopropyl alcohol and Q-tips and just clean everything really well. Avoid solvents and strong cleansers. Pretty easy project. Make sure rubber is properly aligned when you put it back together. Most importantly, take your time.
>>
>>340872717
Misread as PS3, whoops. Doesn't matter, PS2 will open just the same.
>>
>>340868092
Open them up and wash the plastic parts and buttons with warm water soap and desinfectant. Wipe and dry. Apply silicon grease on the analog sticks mechanism. Reassemble. Use rubbing alcohol and a tissue on the cord.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.