[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Are there any free to play mmos that are fun and don't ever
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 1
Are there any free to play mmos that are fun and don't ever require money. I just want to play something relaxing for a few hours every other day.

What MMO would be best for this?
>>
>Are there any... mmos that are fun

No. MMO's are never fun
>>
do you not understand how companies work?

>can some1 make a game 4 free and not expect anything in return :^)
>>
I've tried quite a few free mmo's and can safely say: No.
>>
>>340864497
Dota 2 for example, all actual content is free.

That's what I want, I don't mind if you can buy xp boosts or cosmetics as long as you aren't locking content behind a membership fee or something.
>>
>>340864695

MapleStory is fun
>>
>>340864868
how so
>>
>>340864326
Dude, some games have like cheap subscriptions or something. 15 dollars or 5 dollars a month is not a lot. It's like a meal. You must be underage.
>>
Guild Wars 2, despite the memes, is actually pretty good.
>>
Marvel heroes isnt too bad about this
>>
>>340864326
It depends on what you find fun in an mmo. Most free mmos depend on restricting the player from fun things so that they are enticed to pay.
>>
Dungeon Fighter Online? Seems to have the "you can only do X per day unless you open your wallet goyim." I'm a big fan of long term gains without paying a dime in games like that.

If you've NEVER tried it I suggest Wildstar. It's just decent enough for a single solo leveling experience and maybe a few top end dungeons and dailies, maybe try the PvP. Then you can either do some nice long term housing(it's a crying shame THAT housing engine is attached to a sunken ship) or just drop it entirely. The sub adds virtually nothing unless you're a true sucker for cosmetics or a super top tier min max raider(don't do this.)
>>
>>340864326
there are no fun mmo's left, even the paid ones aren't good anymore
>>
>>340867378
Nigga I haven't played a subscription based MMO in the last 5 years that was worth the money I put into it.

Requiring a payment does not in turn make the game any better than any F2P game. It just sometimes keeps the BRs out.
>>
>>340867578
I went through the entire story as one character and got to level 60 with full Unique equipment in under 3 days.

I have no desire to continue playing.
>>
DFO pretty good.
There is always a FP or exp event and you can buy FP pots on the market for about 30k
300 FP should last you like 2-3hours
Just make a new character if you want to play more
>>
>>340868265
This

DFO is pretty decent. From what I can tell it's light on end game content that isn't just grinding.
>>
>>340864326
Sometimes I wonder how many times Wakfu got fully reworked.
About your question. Dungeon Fighter Online, I guess? No money is required to have fun (you can buy cash shop stuff from other players), and it is designed to be played a few hours per day.
>>
>>340867378
Not wanting to burn cash monthly on a game doesn't make you underage, it means you're not wasting your fucking money on a goddamn game and spending it elsewhere.. on things like foods, and bills.. You know, adult stuff.. Monthly subscriptions to any game are a joke.
>>
>>340864326
Path of Exile is the closest you're honestly going to get. It's not really an MMO though, more like "MO".
>>
>>340869618
>complains about spending $15 a month on a hobby
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.