[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Rare
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 5
File: image.png (55 KB, 322x322) Image search: [Google]
image.png
55 KB, 322x322
There is enough reason to believe that Rare will be teasing a new title, following their Sea of Theives presentation.

While it is more than likely another new IP, some have suggested that instead of campaigning a game about old titles and then teasing a new one as they did last year, this year Rare will campaign the new title, and then tease the return of an old one.

About all we know of this project is that it runs on the Unity engine. And it probably wouldn't be BATTLETOADS, because rumors have already implied that's in the hands of a different studio. Conker also looks a bit fucked right now, so if it is an old series, there's only so many things it could be...
>>
>>340861163
Wasn't there a rumor about Jet Force Gemini 2? Or some sort of HD remake?
>>
>>340861257
Jet Force Gemini is a likely candidate. Ken Lobb was very supportive of that idea in when asked about it Janurary of 2015. I'd also say Perfect Dark would be possible, but I don't know why you'd make a first person shooter in Unity when Unreal is an option
>>
A bit more information

>Most of the vocal people from Rare that we know about are working on either Sea of Thieves or some executive level stuff except for one. Louise O'Conner's current job has to do with developing the next new project. She said as much last year at Comic Con. At the time, that next new project was effectively a forever away, but it's been a year now and an E3 reveal sounds as good as anything else.

>Rare put out hiring ads for designers and programmers familiar with Unity recently. It was said on the ad that it was for Sea of Thieves development, but Sea of Thieves is being developed with the Unreal engine. It is likely that the Unity position is for their other project, but they wanted to keep it under wraps.
>>
File: 1427557392685.jpg (133 KB, 728x636) Image search: [Google]
1427557392685.jpg
133 KB, 728x636
>Rare's logo looks like an R
I can't believe it took e this long to realize this
>>
>>340863314
it's actually 2 R's for RaRe
>>
>>340861163
I know it won't be, but I want it to be a new Perfect Dark.
>>
>>340861163
Well it's obviously Banjo Kazooie. Right..?
>>
Cant wait for Donkey Controles for the gamecube 64
>>
It's BATTLETOADS
>>
>>340861163
Why should I care when former Rare devs who left because of how shit Rare became formed their own company and are making the game we've all been begging for from Rare for over a decade?
>>
Why should I believe this?
>>
>>340866037
Banjo-Kazooies creator is making Sea of Thieves as the project lead. Robin Beanland is doing the soundtrack. Plus there are a few others working on it.

Not only that, like the post above says, the lovely louise o'connor is leading Rare's incubation team to create something new.

Rare is still Rare, give them a chance.
>>
>>340866037
There are tons of people from classic Rare still at the studio.

Their situation is difficult, because they're a major first party studio. Everything they make has to be approved and focus tested. It's not their fault. They actively tried to propose a classic platformer, but it was always shut down by microsoft suits.

The devs at Playtonic wanted freedom to make the games they wanted, so they left.
>>
File: 27.jpg (40 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
27.jpg
40 KB, 500x500
>>340866408
I've been trying to give them a chance for a long time now. At what point do I draw the line?
>>
>>340866037
Yooka-Laylee studio is the same team that made Nuts n Bolts Anon
>>
>>340866729
I get that Microsoft also has them on a short leash, but then if that's the case, why didn't they all just leave to form Playtonic instead of just a sane few? Obviously, there's something keeping them there.
>>
>>340866825
Microsoft seems to be not trying to push shitty hardware gimmicks anymore so they just need good and critical successes
>>
>>340866825

Because youd didn't play Viva Pinata you turbo nerd
>>
>>340866910
And isn't it funny how they made a bad game, are poking fun at it in their next game, and their next game happens to appear more loyal to the formula people have been wanting more of?

More than Rare can say right now.
>>
>>340866408
BK was a furfag ripoff of Mario 64, I have no faith in this game.
>>
>>340861163
>A MOBA with rare characters
calling it now
>>
>>340866729
>They actively tried to propose a classic platformer, but it was always shut down by microsoft suits.

>still believing this meme

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_R2sCzlT5Uc

no lads, it was rare that decided to make bk3 into a vehicle game, it had nothing to do with microsoft.
>>
>Viva Piñata gets a full sequel

Or the more likely options:
>Kameo 2
>Nuts and Bolts 2
>Conker's Depressing Spinoff Title
>>
>>340866132
Because this isn't a leak, this is all already public information
>>
Who gives a shit, all the people who made Rare good are long gone. They haven't released a good game in like 15 years.
>>
>>340867271
Yeah, and all the games that got cancelled after the Microsoft acquisition don't exist.

>>340866923
It's not easy to leave company you pretty much saw being built from the ground up and have been working through all your life. If you have a family, and a stable job with good pay, you simply can't just get out like that. Most of the people that left Rare are now working on cheap mobile games.

The Playtonic devs took the risk and they succeeded, but their initial idea wasn't doing a Kickstarter. They were going to make Yooka-Laylee on a miserable budget, by themselves, basically working for free and hope for the best.
>>
>>340867271
Bullshit. Banjo 3 was pitched and denied by the suits, so Gregg took the opportunity to go ahead with his ballistic car game idea. Grant has already publicly admitted that Banjo was only put in the game in the hopes hat it would sell better. He was so unenthusiastic about the project that he spent a lot more of his time on Viva Piñata, and let Robin and Jamie Hughes do most of the work. He didn't even play the game when it came out.
>>
.>neo rare
>on unity engine

I give this 0% chance of being anything worthwhile.
>>
>>340869484
>Playtonic's game runs on unity
>Rare's game runs on unity

>Playtonic and Rare will both be at the Microsoft breifing

Maybe they intentionally picked that engine so their good friends at Playtonic could share some of the love with them?
>>
>>340869681
>Playtonic will be at the Microsoft breifing
Source?
>>
>>340869681
I don't care about yooka laylee either
>>
>>340870005
What DO you care about then?
>>
File: 403557-warioland4_016[1].jpg (26 KB, 469x314) Image search: [Google]
403557-warioland4_016[1].jpg
26 KB, 469x314
>>340870197
apparently there's a new wario land game coming to wii u I guess.
>>
bumping for BATTLETOADS
>>
>>340870634
In your dreams maybe.
Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.