[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>technology is more advanced in 1984 is more advanced than
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3
File: 196-0-1447296417.png (471 KB, 630x630) Image search: [Google]
196-0-1447296417.png
471 KB, 630x630
>technology is more advanced in 1984 is more advanced than technology in 2005
>>
Nanomachines, son.
>>
>>340859696
Hack writer, son.
>>
dont you know y2k happened in metal gear universe
>>
File: 1463429929678.jpg (29 KB, 238x357) Image search: [Google]
1463429929678.jpg
29 KB, 238x357
>>340859604
>complaining about over the top technology in a MGS game

Just play some splinter cell shit if you want something more sober.
>>
>V is the only mgs I played and I don't know about the patriots or their agenda
>>
>>340859604
>an idroid is more advanced than a fucking metal gear
Ok kid
>>
>>340859604
>He thinks technology is linear

Feudal Europe was shit at everything except armor and weapon engineering compared to the height of rome and that was widespread common technology. With how small and secretive the groups in Metal Gear are, it's not surprising that some extreme technology only gets replicated a few times and is lost forever when the ones who know how to make and use it die.
>>
>>340859604
The only Metal Gear in the game didn't even work though.
>>
Holograms and portable computers were pretty common during the 80s, so it's really not that big a stretch.

A lot of stuff we still consider high tech we've been using since the 60s if not longer. Hell, I had a TV built in 1977 with built in vidya
>>
>>340859604
That's the least of the game's problems.
>>
Philosopher's Legacy
>>
>>340860267
How is technology NOT linear? Computers back then have shitty ass RAM and took up an entire room. Nowadays they're much stronger and take up smaller space.
>>
>>340859604
In 1984 in TPP dictionaries don't exist.
>Sans Lingua franca world will be torn asunder
>what about literally every slavic language
>what are dictionaries
>shit, i can't use English, guess i'm done for.
OH WAIT, i can just get a direct translator/interpreter
>>
it's like how nasa forgot how to go to the moon
>>
>>340862623
That's because they never went to the moon in the first place.
>>
File: MGS1SnakePP.png (292 KB, 570x465) Image search: [Google]
MGS1SnakePP.png
292 KB, 570x465
>>340860049
its not that its over the top, its that the technology available to venom was better than available to solid snake in 2005
>>
>>340859604

Military technology hasn't really advanced much since the 80s. Half the world still uses AK47 which is a WW2 gun. Nukes were developed in the 50s and space programs were 60s. Genetics has been a thing for a 100 years now.
>>
>>340862928
>nasa never went to the moon

oh boy here we go
>>
>>340862972

Ehhh. Sure after Venom steals and further researches it. The iDroid could easily have been replaced by a map and a radio.
>>
She climbed the rock face and stood at the top. There, she could see the earth stretching all the way to the horizon. Aah, is this really how big the world is? The sky is so blue it makes me dizzy, and so very high. Its deep blue hue and height tell me of its connection into outer space. Is there truly no place where I belong, not even in this vast world?
'I'll take you there.' Where could it be, Boss? Can I see it from here?
The heat in Quiet's chest grew too much to bear, and she fell to her knees. Her tears ran down her cheeks and to her neck before dripping to her chest. It was time to close her mouth.
"I am Quiet. I am... the absence of words"
Placing her hand to her chest, she apologized to the newly-born children within. Sorry, but I can't let you out of here. You will disappear with me.
Quiet doused herself with the gas tank, and ignited it with Big Boss's lighter
>>
>>340862972
I dunno man
Nanomachines that allow telepathy-like communication
And a radar that you can see in your mind seem more advanced to me than a hologram PDA
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.