[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I know I'm several days late, but: NEW TORMENT UPDATE W
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 5
File: 1920x1200.jpg (1 MB, 1920x1200) Image search: [Google]
1920x1200.jpg
1 MB, 1920x1200
I know I'm several days late, but:
NEW TORMENT UPDATE WITH NEW TEASER:
https://torment.inxile-entertainment.com/community/news/updated-our-journal-56-beta-access-for-all-backers-about-the-release-date/?act=view&id=24
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/inxile/torment-tides-of-numenera/posts/1598831

"Updated Our Journal (56): Beta Access for All Backers, About the Release Date

Hello Exiles,

Brian here!

When we last checked in, we were heading towards a content complete milestone, and we are pleased to say we have hit that mark. The game is playable from beginning to end, which marks a major step forward. This is one of the most content rich role playing games I have ever worked on. Here is just a peek at what we have been working on in the last months:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZDSH9fIgupU

Of course there is still plenty of work ahead and we won't be cooling our heels yet. Our artists, writers and designers are continuing work to bring the game towards a finished state by polishing systems, artwork, quests and more, and QA is an ongoing process. In the videogames business and especially with RPGs, time to iterate is the biggest luxury you can have.

Torment has also grown to around 1 million words – bigger than the Bible – and we feel that getting a good quality translation of such a deep narrative experience is very important for a large percentage of our players. Therefore, we will be turning to professional localization services to achieve the best experience possible. With the game content complete, we have already begun locking down our text and breaking it into batches for localization, so progress is already being made.

This localization is no small feat (not to mention costly!), but we have a secret weapon… we're partnering with a certain publisher to help out on this front. But who is this partner? We can't comment on that just yet… but you will learn more very soon.
>>
>>340857190
All said and done, our combined iteration and localization efforts are looking to be a 6-month process. So, we have two paths open to us, a bit of choice and consequence, if you will. Those of you who have been following our updates know we have been hinting towards a late 2016 release, and we could crunch and rush to get the game out around November. But doing so would mean both sacrificing the quality of our localization and would lead to a less polished game for the nearly 100,000 people total who have backed the game. Therefore, in the interests of giving everyone the best experience, we will be releasing Torment in early Q1 2017.

We know it's frustrating to wait a little longer, but we've come this far. I remember the pain of moving the release of Baldur's Gate 1 effectively into January in much the same way, but that ended up being the right move and we all know how fondly it is remembered today. These types of trade-offs are never easy, but from day one it's been our goal to make Torment the masterpiece you deserve.
Beta Access for All Backers

We always say it, but we couldn't have got the game this far without all of you. We also know there are many of you who have been waiting to play Torment, and we know from previous experience on Wasteland 2 there's a huge benefit to getting more feedback on the game.

To thank you for sticking with us, we are making Torment's beta version available to everyone who's getting the game with their rewards, right now.

We have had the beta available to backers at certain pledge levels since January, and now we think the time is right to open it up to everyone else who backed us during the Kickstarter. I know some of you would prefer to wait for the final game, but if you want to have a taste and help us make the game better, you will be able to play the game's first act in Sagus Cliffs right away.
>>
neat
>>
Torrent when
>>
>>340857235
To get your Steam beta key, please login to the Torment web site with your backer account and visit the Rewards page. Look for the "Manage Keys" button on your reward package and follow the steps there, then redeem the key on Steam as usual.

Since we know you'll ask these questions: your Steam key for the beta counts as your final game key and we intend for it to carry over to final release later on. That said, we still plan to release the game DRM-free through GOG. If you want to join the beta on Steam, don't worry, as we will have an option to exchange your Steam copy for the GOG later on.
Major Beta Update

In line with the previous months of work and our intent to give you the best Torment experience possible, we felt it was also high time to take the lid off of our next major beta update to the game.

This update represents months of work and tens of thousands of changes (some of which are in the screenshots and video at the start of this update). There are simply too many for us to list each and every one, but here is a list of the most important changes:

Totally redone user interface art
Design improvements and changes to many UIs, including Inventory, Character Sheet, Journal, Effort and Conversation
Added Merchants to buy/sell items
Reworked early game introduction (updated dialog and new Crisis)
Added new companions and characters
Added new areas
New character portraits (more to come)
Reworked character creation and progression
Improved environment art, visual effects and sound effects
New items and equipment, and tweaks and updates to existing ones
Updated placement of items, containers and loot drops
Performance and optimization improvements
Incalculable number of quest tweaks, conversation updates, typo corrections, bug fixes and more
>>
If Tranny is held back till next year I will be quite irate.
>>
File: 1920x1080.jpg (308 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
1920x1080.jpg
308 KB, 1920x1080
>>340857421
While this brings us closer towards a final release build, I should reiterate that the game is still in development. You will still notice bugs and rough edges from time to time, and for final release you can expect UI artwork and design, visual and sound effects, and game balance to further improve. We look forward to hearing your feedback, either using our in-game Feedback button or on our forums.

While you update, here's a sample of some new areas and UI...
>>
File: 1920x1080.jpg (474 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
1920x1080.jpg
474 KB, 1920x1080
>>340857521
>>
File: 1920x1080.jpg (391 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
1920x1080.jpg
391 KB, 1920x1080
>>340857595
We're Back on Twitter!

As a quick note, those of you who follow social media might be interested to know that after a period of absence, our inXile Twitter account(https://twitter.com/Inxile_Ent) is now active again! Follow us on Twitter for news, announcements, and the occasional shenanigans.

---

Thank you for bearing with us through this update. Big news like this is always exciting, and we hope we've been able to communicate our enthusiasm while also answering your most pertinent questions. We hope everyone enjoys the latest Torment beta version, and of course, we will have plenty more news and Kickstarter updates to come.

Brian Fargo
Your Leader in Exile"
>>
>>340857689
Also:
https://bardstale.inxile-entertainment.com/community/news/torment-beta-now-available-to-applicable-bards-tale-iv-backers/?act=view&id=59

"Some of you may have noticed that yesterday, we announced our release plans for Torment: Tides of Numenera as well as opened the beta version up to all of the game's backers. We received some questions about it, so to clarify: yes, if you are a Bard's Tale IV backer and your pledge rewards include Torment: Tides of Numenera, you can also start playing right now on Windows via Steam (an option to switch to GOG and Mac and Linux will come later).

To get your Torment beta access if you reward included it, just visit your Rewards page on your backer account (on the Bard's Tale site, not the Torment site!) and look for the "Keys" button to the right-hand side of your reward package listing. Click it, follow the instructions and you can begin playing Torment's beta version on Steam right now!"
>>
>Chris Avellone not writing the story
fucking lol
not a torment game, fuck off.
>>
>Pillars a disappointment
>Original Sin a disappointment
>Wasteland 2 a disappointment

>Numenera
>Original Sin 2
>Tranny

They can't strike out forever can they? It's hard to get excited after all the garbage we've been getting
>>
>>340858627
Why would you include Tyranny on that list

It's being made by an entirely different team of people and headed by some guy I've never even heard about.

Sawyer and his mates are doing Pillars of Eternity 2, while Tim Cain and Leo Boyarsky are working on some Unreal Engine 4 unannounced game.
>>
Have they made it possible for me to play as a white guy?
>>
>>340858763
>Sawyer doing Pillars of Eternity 2
All the more reason Tranny might be decent
>>
>>340858627
>Original Sin a disappointment
fuck off
>>
>>340858324
http://numenera.gamepedia.com/Chris_Avellone
>He joined the writing team after the Kickstarter campaign reach the three and a half million dollars stretch goal.

>His role on Torment: Tides of Numenera will be to review and provide feedback on all creative aspect of the game to Colin McComb, and to write and design an eighth companion. He will also write one of the three digital comic book surrounding the game.
>>
>>340858891
His role in Pillars of Eternity was also "main writer", yet he wrote 2 companions.

"Review and provide feedback" is literal buzztalk. It's meaningless. He's not the one writing, it's not his ideas. Colin McComb is writing the story, and that's enough for me to completely drop the game.
>>
It truly looks like it was made in the 90s.

If this was a no name RPG by a random indie team no one would give a shit
>>
>>340857190
They are way to late to catch the nostalgia wave and they are working on a successor to one of the most revered games by RPGeezers.

This game has no chance.
>>
>>340859090
>>340859123
underage
>>
>>340858763
Tyranny is being headed by Brian Heins, the senior designer on the South Park game.
>>
>>340859167
Really?
The highest praise this game can get from RPGeezers is "It is a good game just not a good Planescape game."
or "It is good for what it is."

This game has no audience that will enjoy it.
>>
>>340857190
People still give a shit about this game after the disastrous beta?
>>
>>340859353
>"It is a good game just not a good Planescape game."
>"It is good for what it is."

How about it's not yet a game because it's in development?

>not a good Planescape game
Planescape is a setting, and not one that ToN is taking place in, so yeah, I guess that's potentially accurate
>>
Bumpan as I read this.

Not a backer but I'm really fucking hyped for the game.
>>
>>340857595
>dat text
kek
>>
Welp, the images presented look aged but hopefully that will change with the impending updates over the next six months.

I liked the video in OP where the guy runs away and the Sorrow is just like, "nah nigga, you ain't goin' anywhere".

Hope it's good.
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.