[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What's a good Binding of Isaac replacement? I can't
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 2
File: lli72iua6hgds7w7jnyg.jpg (168 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
lli72iua6hgds7w7jnyg.jpg
168 KB, 1920x1080
What's a good Binding of Isaac replacement?

I can't find anything to replace Isaac:
>PC game playable on a laptop with no mouse
>Rogue-like game where each playthrough is very different
>Fast to get into game with little to no cutscenes or autoscroll sections

I hate Isaac's scatalogical artstyle but there's nothing else to replace it for me.

I'm open-minded to emulator games if I have to go that route.

Cheers.
>>
>>340851785
Some notes:
>Nuclear Throne
I played Nuclear Throne and found that repeated playthroughs are much more similar to each other as compared to Isaac. I dislike some of the decisions in the games (portals accidentally instant-killing you occasionally) and I dislike that the game requires a mouse to play (I mostly use a laptop).

>FTL
Player ability seems insignificant in the face of the amount of RNG this game has. Repeated playthroughs don't feel all that different and the final "boss" of the game has no variation from one playthrough to another.
>>
Self-bump?
>>
>>340851785
What about Enter the Gungeon, OP?
>>
>>340851785
Unreal World, though it requires some learning so you dont die repeatedly. Can be downloaded for free of bought from Steam.

Spelunky is a good one as well. Goes for like 2 €uros (or equivalent) or so in Summer sales.

NEO Scavenger, requires mouse but there's keyboard shortcuts but since it's turnbased you can do with trackpad just fine.
>>
>>340851785
I don't know one off the top of my head but have a bump.
I didn't know "scatalogical" was a word but I enjoy it. Thanks, OP.
>>
>>340852721
it's actually scatOlogical but nbd
>>
>>340852604
Requires mouse doesn't it? :(
>>
Vagante?
>>
>>340853000
You can play it with a controller. I don't think it's anywhere near as good as Isaac though.
>>
>>340853000
It supports controller, but if that doesn't work I thiiiink there's a way to use the arrow keys to shoot
>>
Crypt of the necrodancer?its less RNG,and not too similar to isaac besides the genre,but its pretty good

Also you can play with arrow keys only
>>
Literally any roguelike
>>
>>340853597
>less rng
you sure you played the game
>>
Risk of Rain. You can even play it with /v/.
>>
>>340853823
Yeah i mean compared to isaac where you either have the win handed to you or go through the game with drybaby as your only source of damage
>>
>>340851785
wait for afterbirth+
>>
Our Darker Purpose.
>>
>>340854040
>drybaby as your only source of damage
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KPXnP_LWGts
>>
Dungeon Crawl Stone Soup
Elona
ADOM
>>
File: header.jpg (79 KB, 460x215) Image search: [Google]
header.jpg
79 KB, 460x215
Deathstate, you use the wasd keys to move and arrow keys to dash through projectiles while you auto-aim and fire at the closest enemy. This isn't a bad thing since there are so many enemies on screen and they die quickly so it's for your own benefit.
You get upgrades by picking up items (tomes, weapons, and artifacts) and by defeating elite enemiee and ingesting organs for stat buffs.
Four worlds, three levels and a boss, find the exit portal an don't fuck around too long or darkness will creep up from the bottom of the level and kill you.
I think the artstyle is cute and I really enjoy the music.
>>
Spelunky
>>
>>340854151
DRYYYY BAABYYYYY
>>
Gungeon is a tedious bag of shit, stay away from that.

Vagante and necrodancer are both excellent
>>
>>340853903
Seconding this, Binding of Isaac Rebirth and Risk of Rain are my ultimate "just one more go" games.
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.