[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is this the Dark Souls of rally games? It feels so good and getting
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 5
Is this the Dark Souls of rally games? It feels so good and getting to the finish line feels like an accomplishment but boy is this game hard and unforgiving.

Can we get a Dirt Rally thread?
>>
It can't be the Dark Souls of racing games because it doesn't have a billion memes attached to it.
>>
>>340847447
Can you even attach any memes to a rally game, anon?
>>
>>340847523
DUDE GROUP B LMAO
>>
>>340847715
Whoa hey group B ain't a meme.
>>
>>340847356
>Is this the Dark Souls of rally games?

Definitely not. I love Dirt Rally, but it's nowhere near as hard or realistic as RBR. Both in physics and damage. Plant yourself in a tree at a reasonable speed and it's game over. In DR, I had to do SEVERAL high speed head-on collisions to waste my car.
>>
>>340847356
no it's like skyrim with cars
>>
>>340848006
Yeah they actually toned down the damage from previous DiRT games but honestly the game would be just too fucking brutal with the realistic damage, if you'd have to repair your car over 12 stages after having crashed on the 3rd. It also encourages you to actually not restart the race and just finish it even though you've damaged the car.
>>
>>340848417
I don't know man, I would like this game to be brutal. It was never marketed towards casuals, since it has no tutorials and the stages are much longer than in previous titles. They should have just gone all-out. If you gonna be a bitch, be a whole bitch.
>>
File: 1377378021846.jpg (17 KB, 184x184) Image search: [Google]
1377378021846.jpg
17 KB, 184x184
This game is what finally convinced me to buy a race wheel. Still fun as fug.
Upgraded GPU to GTX 1070 this week and can finally run it on max.
>>
>>340848585
I guess they should've included this as one of the options that increase your prize percentage like they do with the assists.

But honestly I don't know if making the damage more brutal would be better. In Project CARS a slightest contact with anything meant either losing a wheel or at the very least fucking up your suspension. This shit happening after nearly two straight hours of racing can really fuck up your day, mate.
>>
>>340848765
It runs great on my 770. The special foliage option drops frames, It barely looks different
>>
>>340848981
That's the whole point of Rally. It's extremely scary to play that way. I call games like that "driving horror", because I never sweat so much as when I play a long race with very realistic damage and no restarts.
>>
File: 8kVIUU8.jpg (291 KB, 1560x1716) Image search: [Google]
8kVIUU8.jpg
291 KB, 1560x1716
>>340849045
Oh I should've added that I meant at 4K now.
Game ran great on high before as well at 1080p, but yeah it's not a too-graphically-intense game for the most part. I hope their acquisition of the Evolution studio staff changes that in the future.
>>
>>340849160
Ah ok. The game is pretty well optimized. I max'd everything except that foliage thing and AA. Think AA is at 2 or 4.
>>
>>340849160
>Playing DR at 4K instead of 144Hz
>>
>>340849121
Same here. I admit, the sense of accomplishment after I finish a long stage is amazing.
>>
File: 1349287619888.jpg (121 KB, 352x338) Image search: [Google]
1349287619888.jpg
121 KB, 352x338
>>340849235
Codemasters games have always run great on my PC. I'm glad they value solid performance, especially in a racing game.

>>340849329
My 4K monitor doesn't do rates about 60Hz sadly. Thinking of getting a HTC Vive in the future if DR ever supports it. 90Hz and headtracking has me nearly sold already.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.