[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What went wrong?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 7
File: tos.png (124 KB, 256x256) Image search: [Google]
tos.png
124 KB, 256x256
What went wrong?
>>
>>340846774
Plenty of things.

But knowing that the lead developer of ToS LITERALLY replied to a huge post in their official forums; where the guy said that he spent 240$ and wasn't pleased with the game and went through every single reason he wasn't pleased.

The lead dev of the entire game literally LITERALLY took his time to write a massive reply explaining the reason behind every single thing the other guy wasn't pleased about, and ensured us that they were working on every single one of them.

That by itself was enough to get me to keep playing knowing it will get better. They also disabled new accounts because they recognized they opened it way too early and the servers couldn't handle such a massive load.

On top of that, they halved the cost of their "monthly sub", a token that lasts a month and is sellable through the game's auction house.
>>
>>340847324
Link to said thread?
>>
>>340847546
https://forum.treeofsavior.com/t/i-love-tree-of-savior-i-am-leaving-tree-of-savior/275395/106

There you go pal.
>>
>>340847324
Did they follow up on their promise to move people who want to change servers but are stuck playing on the one they made their character on?
>>
>>340847902
Believe it or not, my pc's power source, or whatever it's called in english, died like a couple of days after that post was made, so I haven't kept up on tree of savior, I just got it some hours ago and I haven't checked on anything about ToS because I've been playing dota instead.
>>
>>340848175
Well shit.
>>
>>340847902
Although I found something for you read up on:
https://treeofsavior.com/news/

Just look at the dates and you can see how they have reacted merely by reading the titles of the news and reading some older news, when comparing the dates with the dev response.

There's now a weekly question and answer, and that's something I don't think I've seen anywhere else in the forums, so it must be new.
>>
>never find gear
>entire game is holding Left click
>bullshit boring skill system that requires real time to unlock for some reason
>Boring loot drops
>boring everything
Beautiful game, but so god damn boring. And the grind around level 30 is just too much.
>>
>>340848289
Their site is finally working, last time I tried to access it it horribly slow and nothing was able to load properly. In any case, I found the news regarding the server transfer. It already happened, almost 2 months ago. Shit.
>>
>>340848531
I don't want to sound like a shill just because I like the game, but not every single game has to cater to your casual bullshit you fucking faggot.

And the exp curve resets every so many levels to make levelling easier:

http://www.tosbase.com/game/exp-tables/base/
>lvl 46 119,400 exp
>lvl 47 7,752 exp

The "skill system" to "unlock" things is actually upgrades to your skills, either by attributes that have low max levels and give noticeable improvements, or the extremely common gold sink: X skill hits 1% harder (Max level: 100) which costs millions to max out because it's a fucking gold sink for a reason. These are also instant-unlock when you have a Token, which is sold in the marketplace, considering the game was originally sub based, this is pretty damn good, and you don't really need to unlock them instantly, trust me, there isn't anything you're missing out on because you won't max them out considering you're a fucking casual.

>Boring boring boring
You sure got me with those hot opinions.
>>
File: QV5OLtw.jpg (258 KB, 1000x666) Image search: [Google]
QV5OLtw.jpg
258 KB, 1000x666
>>340848531
>demand RO
>get RO
>wonder why its shit
>>
>>340846774

>mob grinder gameplay.
>awful grindfest (worse than any MMO ive seen)

if you didnt play ragnarok you will never understand how people can enjoy this style of MMO.
>>
>>340848954
You sound like either a butthurt shill dev or a butthurt shill fanboi upset someone critique his little baby game
>>
>>340847324
>On top of that, they halved the cost of their "monthly sub", a token that lasts a month and is sellable through the game's auction house.

Good. Jesus that was so jewish; a fucking sub incentive that costs $22 a month? really?
All they need is decently priced cash shop outfits now, too. I'm pretty sure no one's paying 20dollars for an outfit either.
>>
Why does a 2.5D game looking like that perform so badly? I noticed it's running worse than Blade & Soul.
>>
>>340846774
Jews
>>
File: 1463483760247.png (296 KB, 620x372) Image search: [Google]
1463483760247.png
296 KB, 620x372
>>340849508
All of the things you see ingame but the faces are 3d with high resolution textures.

Also has to do with bad servers and chink optimization.
>>
>>340850035
why are they 3d?
>>
File: IMC_lies.png (349 KB, 599x351) Image search: [Google]
IMC_lies.png
349 KB, 599x351
Questing.
>>
>>340849302
Their "DLC packs" weren't meant to be bought, as the guy explained in the post, they were there because they had no idea how to set up their "cash shop" to work with steam transactions, so they added that as a last resort measure while they fixed it.

>>340849176
I like the game, only MMO that has managed to hook me, and I can only win by hyping it because it will have more people for me to play with, and also because you're a fucking casual and this game doesn't pander to you and I'm mad about the little bitch ass faggots like you who demand every game to appeal to the lowest common denominator instead of the niche groups we used to have back in the day, fuck you and get the fuck away from my niche hardcore grindan weeb game faggot.

>>340849508
They're working on optimizing it.

>>340850843
You easily get to 200 by ignoring all quests, still.
>>
>>340848531
>grind
>lvl 30
Go to the 2nd city and do the quests there
Free status points + lots of exp cards
>>
File: prease understand.png (9 KB, 772x178) Image search: [Google]
prease understand.png
9 KB, 772x178
>>
>>340851296
>if you don't like ToS grin you are a casual
That's why most RO players quit after the beta, right?

ToS is boring and the core mechanics fucked up. They need to remake a lot of shit from scratch to fix it.
>>
>>340851296
>You easily get to 200 by ignoring all quests, still.

Doesn't matter, you can grind but everyone is going to do quests to progress and where is the fun in playing a MMO alone?
>>
>No card drops
>Fixed leveling spots + Quest system to level instead of pure grinding
>Boring skills and static skill builds
>Uninspired and boring level designs
>Hard to draw aggro and aggro gets lots if you stray too far from initial point
>>
I wanted to believe that someone could make a good spiritual successor to RO without copying it directly.

At this point, please just make RO HD. This shit is getting frustrating.
>>
>>340851445
Most of the quests literally just ask you to kill monsters that are around the area and give you exp cards that you can use whenever you feel like it, these are the same monsters you would kill to level up anyway. If you worry so much about progressing faster then just take the quests and do whatever is sitting right there near you.

>>340851424
Well for starters, you're comparing a game of legendary-tier grind and "I farmed this mob for a year to get that drop" kind of drop rates, with a game where you can get everything pretty fucking easily when compared to games like Lineage 2 that are, impressively enough, still being played and receiving constant expansions, updates, and events.
>>
>>340851684
>when compared to games like Lineage 2 that are, impressively enough, still being played
Maybe because they aren't boring as fuck.
>>
>>340851678
This. We're in the double digits of games with "Ragnarok" and "RO" in the title and the one that finally actually TRIED to be similar to RO missed the fucking point entirely.
>>
>>340851943
>>340851678
What about a Ragnarok game with Souls-Like gameplay?
>>
File: 1460191313454.jpg (110 KB, 759x508) Image search: [Google]
1460191313454.jpg
110 KB, 759x508
>>340851943
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AFvnLq6Mh28

Mobile + China only
>>
>>340852026
Boring for no-melee classes.
>>
>>340851684
>Most of the quests literally just ask you to kill monsters that are around the area and give you exp cards that you can use whenever you feel like it, these are the same monsters you would kill to level up anyway.

But they're quests, no one is gonna make a party in order to complete a "bitch slap that easy to kill monster 30 times".

And most quests are shit like these:

>Revelator, fix my fence
>Revelator, go harvest my crops
>Revelator, go fetch that log behind me
>Revelator, make a hammer with the hammer you're already carrying
>Revelator, go put some herbicide in my vineyard
>Revelator, go back to Orsha to fetch the tools I forgot to bring with me
>Revelator, go pick some herbs (be careful not to get stunned/fall asleep/take damage when touching the fucking leaves!)
>>
File: tOaCloD[1].jpg (536 KB, 2560x1080) Image search: [Google]
tOaCloD[1].jpg
536 KB, 2560x1080
It's absolute trash, but I still have hopes for private servers someday. Also I want my panto spearhead!
>>
>>340846774
Damage formulas and stats are too simplistic, making defense worthless as a stat and only needing to pump a single stat to kingdom come for multihit skills(the only offensive skills worth their salt)

Linear character progression, lazy map design. If you make multiple characters you'll level alll of them virtually the same way, taking the same quests, through the same maps every time.

Awful cash shop and horrid restrictions on non paying users. None of the restrictions really stop bots or gold sellers.

Piss poor itemization, use the same set of gear for 200 levels.

No game content to speak of, just grinding. Even the grinding is boring because most decent skills have a long as fuck cooldown.

Game is trash but addicting. Put away 400 hours into it then just stopped after I burned myself out.
>>
From the get-go I could tell there was some fucky things going on with this game design wise.
>Level Cleric with my Swordsman friend
>Decide to pump a bunch of leftover points into heal because I hadn't realized how op cure was
>Heal for some fucking reason doesn't hit flying targets so you're only option is to literally sit there and smack the enemy for 1 damage with your autoattack and wait for cure to come off CD
Seriously, whats the point? Heal not hitting flying targets doesn't add any sort of interesting dynamic to the gameplay, it just needlessly gimps a class' levelling for no fucking reason. And don't even get me started on Bokor zombies.
>>
>>340852630
>zombie ai is shit
>patch comes out that triples zombies stats
>still dumb as balls
still want to try out bok though because i love summoning classes
>>
Do they still expect you to waste countless hours making an otherwise useless class just to be able to create a guild?
>>
>>340852630
Shoulda went for the crit str build and went dual wielding paladin m8.
>>
>>340846774
>At least they are trying
the game
>>
>>340851868
>Lineage 2 isn't more boring than ToS
Holy shit

>>340852381
Considering the max level is like fucking 600, and word goes they considered 1-200 a "tutorial" to introduce players into the game, I can see why you wouldn't need to party for anything (Other than dungeons) up to lvl 200. When you're grinding 200-280 you will get all the party play you want.

>>340852626
I can get behind this, yeah, pretty much everything is true, I'm still enjoying it quite a lot tho.
>>
>>340853746
isn't 280 the max level in global?
>>
>>340846774
>What went wrong?

It tried to be its own thing instead of just a 1:1 carbon copy of RO but with better graphics
Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.